Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2018 6:18:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2018 2:52:57 AM, SupaDudz wrote:
Debate

Mac X based on Unix BSD not FSD.

Win 10 based on DOS?

Ive used both and currently use both for last 5 years.

Overall Mac X is more user friendly and reliable. OF course since its inception back so many years ago, it has had its issues -- Ex OS 10.3 and its access to Help issues---.

Win 7 finally came closer then 8 flunked out, so they skipped 9 to show they were really making an exceptional OS ugrade and my understanding is that the MS PC commnunity is split between which is best, reliable etc. Win 7 or 10.

Of course most win users still use 7, , however, most Mac usrers use OS 10.5 Snow Leopard becuase it was last that still installed Rosetta to connect to older programs and including Appples Work 6 that did so much with so little.

Of course Win is better at some things than mac and has much large base of associated products, but overall OS 10 Apple is more user friendly. Follows a rational, logical common sense pathways to find stuff easier.
" U "niverse > Universe > Universe I -verse < you-verse we-verse > them-verse
Gravitational SPACE ( + )
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
Time >66.4< --frequency ^v^v
Mind/Intellect 12--3-fold 4-fold and 5-fold
Biological *8* --bilateral four's
Spin <left 6 right >---Pitch, Yaw Roll{ 3 * 2 = 6 }
IS >2<--positive and negative tetrhaedron
EmeryP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2018 9:39:46 PM
From an IT stand point, I prefer Windows 10.

It simply doesn't make much sense to use Mac in business applications. Businesses run off Microsoft Server and Linux, and in most cases in a Windows Domain.

It's simply easier and offers more administrative control to use Windows 10 in these environments, deployment and customization is a breeze. It's also cheaper to hire and employ IT personnel with specialties in Windows products than Mac. Additionally, most end users are already familiar with Windows and Microsoft office. With a minority experienced in Mac iWork.

This is compounded by the fact that most applications are already compatible with Windows on release, with support being more consistent. This is big from my perspective as a gamer as well, it's easier to get more power out of your hardware and you receive updates quickly and more frequently.

Windows 10's continuation of the Metro interface is it's biggest draw back that I see, they currently have multiple ways of completing the same task, often through metro or the classic interface which is downright the most annoying aspect of Windows 10. Another drawback is Windows Store advertisements, but other than that, I don't have many complaints.

There is no contest between Windows 7 and Windows 10 at this point, Windows 7 isn't up to snuff for the modern world.
EmeryP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2018 9:45:25 PM
Also, just a note.

The majority of users now use Windows 10, and Windows 10 is based off the NT framework. Microsoft ME was the last DOS based release.
sankalppatil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2018 4:34:05 AM
1. Mac OS in secure than windows 10.
2. Mac OS interface is more user friendly than Windows 10 because if a person is not a
consistent Windows OS user then it can be very hard to find anything in Windows 10 for
that person.
3. Mac OS and IOS are very easy to be interlinked but in Windows we don't have this facility.
guest sign in app
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2018 7:52:41 PM
Debate

A bit of history if I may then I'll briefly explain my preference.

I've been working with computers of all types since the late 1970s. I was in my late teens when the first microprocessor based machines emerged like the Altair and so on.

Early on Apple had marketing savvy and everyone wanted an Apple II, I know I did.

At that time Microsoft chose to not enter the hardware market with their own machine, that market was cluttered and very competitive offering lower prospects of profit due to gradually falling prices.

Microsoft had established themselves as the go-to company for BASIC and some other languages, almost every company that entered the hardware market (for micro based computers) would design this or that hardware with this or that CPU and so on, and then go to Microsoft and license their BASIC interpreter, perhaps with a bit of customization thrown in.

Microsoft were therefore never hurt by the entry of new hardware vendors because they had a near monopoly on BASIC and they correctly kept out of the computer market. So once established they became pretty profitable even before the advent of the IBM PC.

Microsoft were also the first company to make Unix available on microprocessors, their product Xenix was their foray into the world of larger operating systems, they had a strong position too with that product (not many today know about Xenix and MS).

As the years rolled by Apple and Microsoft eventually made strategic choices about operating systems development and Apple selected the Mach OS which Jobs had evolved from Unix when at NEXT Step and Microsoft made the decision to clear the table and design a new OS from scratch with no reference to Unix or any of its variants, this was known as Windows NT.

So fast forward to today and we have Windows 10 (and Windows Server) which are more or less the latest versions of Windows NT, this OS runs on numerous platforms from numerous manufacturers and support a huge number of devices like graphics cards, disk drives, network cards and so on.

Apple runs primarily on Apple hardware, you can't (easily) go and buy your choice of machine and then buy and install Mac OS, that has always been a no-no with Apple (had they done that back in the day they could seriously have hurt Microsoft). But like many companies before them, having two divisions - hardware and software caused problems, the hardware division wanted to reduce the market share of other hardware firms whereas the software division wanted to increase the number of hardware firms they could sell to, Microsoft never had this stress and Apple avoided it by remaining focused mainly on their own hardware and never licensing their software.

As a seasoned engineer that has plenty of windshield hours with Unix and Windows I am very satisfied with developing systems on Windows, many of the decisions made during the development of NT showed great foresight and would not have been made had MS chosen Unix or some variant because that was already designed and built.

For this and other reasons I regard Apple as less of an innovator than Microsoft.

As a day to day user I can't express a view on Mac OS, but as a software designer and developer Windows and the numerous tools etc that Microsoft provide seem to be well beyond what is offered by Apple.

Apple are a style focused company and Microsoft are a software focused company, that's how they began and that's how they are today.
ebuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2018 6:28:25 PM
Mac OS 10 began using indexing to better store and retreive data and prevent crashes in its 10 4 Tiger OS.

Windows did not use indexing till 2009 when Win 7 came out.

Whereas most used OS for mac is 10. 6 Leaopard because of rosetta and such a stable system.

Windows 7 is most commonly used OS for MS computers. My first MS computer had Win 7. OF course 8 was god awful and to not extend the bad vibes around it ---after firing the whole team who created it--- MS skipped Windows 9 and went straight to tend to better forget Win 8.

OS 10 with Macs have had their issues, but nothing as bad as Windows and again, for new users, OS 10 is so much more user friendly. Mac comptuers{ hardware } also have gotten highest reliability ratings for most years.

I have Nortons on my MS PC but not on my Mac.

I did buy { $70. } Nortons once for my Mac when I had 10.3 Panther. Doing my part to help remove bugs from the Universe :--)

Oh yeah the last three OS's for Macs are all free, not like Windows 7, 8 or 10.

Win 10 based on DOS?

Overall Mac X is more user friendly and reliable. OF course since its inception back so many years ago, it has had its issues -- Ex OS 10.3 and its access to Help issues---.

Win 7 finally came closer then 8 flunked out, so they skipped 9 to show they were really making an exceptional OS ugrade and my understanding is that the MS PC commnunity is split between which is best, reliable etc. Win 7 or 10.

Of course most win users still use 7, , however, most Mac usrers use OS 10.5 Snow Leopard becuase it was last that still installed Rosetta to connect to older programs and including Appples Work 6 that did so much with so little.

Of course Win is better at some things than mac and has much large base of associated products, but overall OS 10 Apple is more user friendly. Follows a rational, logical common sense pathways to find stuff easier.
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 2:22:47 PM
At 2/27/2018 6:28:25 PM, ebuc wrote:
Mac OS 10 began using indexing to better store and retreive data and prevent crashes in its 10 4 Tiger OS.

Windows did not use indexing till 2009 when Win 7 came out.

Whereas most used OS for mac is 10. 6 Leaopard because of rosetta and such a stable system.

Windows 7 is most commonly used OS for MS computers. My first MS computer had Win 7. OF course 8 was god awful and to not extend the bad vibes around it ---after firing the whole team who created it--- MS skipped Windows 9 and went straight to tend to better forget Win 8.

OS 10 with Macs have had their issues, but nothing as bad as Windows and again, for new users, OS 10 is so much more user friendly. Mac comptuers{ hardware } also have gotten highest reliability ratings for most years.

I have Nortons on my MS PC but not on my Mac.

I did buy { $70. } Nortons once for my Mac when I had 10.3 Panther. Doing my part to help remove bugs from the Universe :--)

Oh yeah the last three OS's for Macs are all free, not like Windows 7, 8 or 10.

Win 10 based on DOS?

Try designing and developing non-trivial mission critical software systems then decide which platform delivers the most quality and least development effort. Apple are not a software company, they didn't even write their OS but rehashed that old 60s darling "Unix".

Windows (which whatever version you're running is basically Windows NT) was designed from scratch by a team of OS experts (e.g. Dave Cutler) with a strong track record in OS design at DEC. Unix was a toy hacked OS from a 60s informal research project, 20 years older than Windows NT.
ebuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2018 5:16:58 PM
Apples software team that wrote OS 1 - 9.6 was far beyond DOS that was full of back door holes for hackers. This is no brainer for those who are interested in truth and not horse s___t.

B Gates save Apple by loaning them huge sums of money if not giving them some as result of Jobs realizing they have to integrate with their OS with DOS ergo UNIX BSD OS 10 is the bridge that allows Macs to run mac version of MS Windows office or at least MS Word.

Next final integration with MS is Apple dropping Motorol a chip and using pentium, so now Mac owners can run as MS PC or Mac PC.

As usual you have not offered any shred of rational, logical common sense that invalidates any of my comments as stated. Your ego runs your show, not rational, logical common sense.

Apple goofed in passing the opening/offer IBM gave them and B Gates was smart in that he did not pass that same offer.

Jobs may have made similar error in passing the conventional chemo-radiation treatments available to him for his cancer. So that is one or two bad decisions on Jobs part.

Apple has been and will continue to be beyond MS in innovative software and hardware. This is no brainer for those whose ego is not blinding them to obvious truths.

You have many blind spots.
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
beingtricks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2018 6:02:39 AM
How to Delete Undeletable Files in Windows. Sometimes you are faced with an error when you try to delete a file permanently. It may be Spyware, Malware, Ad-ware or any Trojan. In some situations, the file is being used by the essential...
https://beingtricks.com...
ebuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2018 11:55:08 AM
Female { Xx } OS vs Male { Xy } OS

Smart OS vs Dumb OS

Womb vs no-womb

Bilateral thinking vs less bilateral thinking

Cook vs Zukerburg
Apples software team that wrote OS 1 - 9.6 was far beyond DOS that was full of back door holes for hackers. This is no brainer for those who are interested in truth and not horse s___t.

B Gates save Apple by loaning them huge sums of money if not giving them some as result of Jobs realizing they have to integrate with their OS with DOS ergo UNIX BSD OS 10 is the bridge that allows Macs to run mac version of MS Windows office or at least MS Word.

Next final integration with MS is Apple dropping Motorol a chip and using pentium, so now Mac owners can run as MS PC or Mac PC.

As usual you have not offered any shred of rational, logical common sense that invalidates any of my comments as stated. Your ego runs your show, not rational, logical common sense.

Apple goofed in passing the opening/offer IBM gave them and B Gates was smart in that he did not pass that same offer.

Jobs may have made similar error in passing the conventional chemo-radiation treatments available to him for his cancer. So that is one or two bad decisions on Jobs part.

Apple has been and will continue to be beyond MS in innovative software and hardware. This is no brainer for those whose ego is not blinding them to obvious truths.

You have many blind spots.
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
bestblogname
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2018 10:07:58 AM
Enter a word that you need your area name to incorporate. Hunt. Utilize Shopify's area name generator to scan for business names and check space accessibility in a split second. https://medium.com...
newpharmawiki
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2018 7:33:11 AM
Humankind Pharma is a pharmaceutical organization in India based at New Delhi. The organization has items in helpful regions extending from unds, to gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, dermal, and erectile brokenness meds.
http://pharmawiki.in...
Anass
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2018 3:02:14 PM
As Jeremy said, it's about Linux based OS and GUI based interface.
Both have their own cons and pros.
I prefer Windows 10
ilahuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2018 5:57:20 PM
Debate
Personally, I feel that Windows 10 is the best operating system right now because I really enjoyed while working. https://www.logoventure.com...
apkeditorproapk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2018 10:50:12 AM
apk editor pro apk is one of the fine Android app/apk editing tool you can installation on your Android device. It is a powerfull app can edit/hack apk files to do lots of things for fun. https://apkeditorpro.us...
mykohlscharge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2018 9:44:06 AM
Debate

Mykohlscharge The Kohl"s Corporation is the largest departmental save within the USA. This employer has some of retailing chains which makes it the most essential agency within the USA. http://kohlscreditcardlogin.us...
dajib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2018 10:05:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Cleaning and storing your chainsaw in the right way gives it a good life. Cleaning the carburetor will ensure your engine's long life. Http://toolhelperguy. Blogspot. Com/2018/08/How-To-Clean-Your-Chainsaw. Html
dajib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2018 10:09:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Every organization regularly conducts the survey to know the satisfaction level of the customers. Through this survey, The https://guestsurvey. Xyz/talktosonic/ company collects the positive and negative feedback from the customers.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.