Jump to topic:

Runtime/Compile Error in Play Dev Mode

katherinetk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2018 3:59:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Currently when running Playframework Dev Mode on a GraalVM (1.0.0-rc2) I rarely get the following error after multiple "compilations":

play.api.UnexpectedException: Unexpected exception[Execution<x>error: com.google.common.util.concurrent.Execution<x>error: com.google.common.util.concurrent.Execution<x>error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Boolea0189;]
at play.core.server.DevServerStart$$anon$1.reload(DevServerStart.scala:186)
at play.core.server.DevServerStart$$anon$1.get(DevServerStart.scala:124)
at play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer.handleRequest(AkkaHttpServer.scala:222)
at ...
I also attached the full stack trace:
graalvm_error.txt

Currently I guess the error happens on class loading, since play uses multiple class loaders to actually have a smooth way of reloading the application.
What's confusing is that the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Boolea always differs, but is always java/lang/Bool. The last characters are sometimes different.
It's also strange because it only happens on GraalVM not on OpenJDK, Java JDK. The error happens at least on Linux and Mac with the Enterprise edition.
When running Play on Prod Mode on GraalVM CE it actually never triggers such an error. (i.e. there is on DevServerStart anyway.

The error might also be a problem in the cglib used by Guice. However I still couldn't track down the problem yet since it happens too rarely.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.