Jump to topic:

Sorry for the hiatus.

Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 4:56:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I want to express an apology for being gone for so long. I graduated from high school May 27th 2016 and it's been hectic ever sense. I started college at Maranatha Baptist University-Watertown Wisconsin, on August 26th 2016 and have been pretty busy with friends from 50 states and 25 nations, and doing a lot of homework. My third semester just wrapped up (already) on the 13th, and for the second semester in a row I made dean's list, and I hope I can be a little bit more active when I can.
Just to give you an idea, I entered school with a Missions major, but have since changed it to Bible with a History minor [MBU requires Greek for Missions, and I am not good at that.]
In addition to the basics [English Composition 1 and 2, The Modern World, Public Speaking, Sociology, Music Appreciation] have studied the Gospel of Matthew, Old and New Testament Survey, History of Christianity, Christian Life and Leadership, Theology of Worship, Pastoral Life and Leadership and Intro to Cross Cultural Studies.
In the spring I am taking the books of Galatians, Daniel and Revelation and the Gospel of John, and Europe in the Middle Ages.
I hope and pray everyone is doing well, and I look forward to reconnecting with everybody.
May your sails never have to be furled, and may the winds of God carry you home
Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 5:32:45 PM
Did you used to talk to Emilrose?
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 6:56:22 PM
At 12/30/2017 5:32:45 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

At one time yes :)
Slav_ka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 7:08:44 PM
At 12/30/2017 6:56:22 PM, Kylar wrote:
At 12/30/2017 5:32:45 PM, Slav_ka wrote:

At one time yes :)

Well...it's me xD
At 1/2/2018 7:27:55 PM, inferno wrote:
You are very elusive, number one. Your energy is dark. Very backstabbing. You do not keep secrets well. You are nasty, and vile with your words. A persons words is a reflection of their conscious mind. But you are a charming individual no doubt.
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 7:15:32 PM
well Hi! Good to recconect
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 10:12:22 PM
At 12/30/2017 4:56:12 PM, Kylar wrote:
I want to express an apology for being gone for so long. I graduated from high school May 27th 2016 and it's been hectic ever sense. I started college at Maranatha Baptist University-Watertown Wisconsin, on August 26th 2016 and have been pretty busy with friends from 50 states and 25 nations, and doing a lot of homework. My third semester just wrapped up (already) on the 13th, and for the second semester in a row I made dean's list, and I hope I can be a little bit more active when I can.
Just to give you an idea, I entered school with a Missions major, but have since changed it to Bible with a History minor [MBU requires Greek for Missions, and I am not good at that.]
In addition to the basics [English Composition 1 and 2, The Modern World, Public Speaking, Sociology, Music Appreciation] have studied the Gospel of Matthew, Old and New Testament Survey, History of Christianity, Christian Life and Leadership, Theology of Worship, Pastoral Life and Leadership and Intro to Cross Cultural Studies.
In the spring I am taking the books of Galatians, Daniel and Revelation and the Gospel of John, and Europe in the Middle Ages.
I hope and pray everyone is doing well, and I look forward to reconnecting with everybody.

Why is it that you are so starkly against gay marriage?

Why is it that you are so starkly against abortion?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 10:45:37 PM
At 12/30/2017 10:12:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Because modern religion tends to distort and warp things that should be cultural norms or at least culturally acceptable and turn them into barbaric images into the minds of people who are incapable of critically thinking for themselves.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2017 11:27:14 PM
At 12/30/2017 10:45:37 PM, Mikal wrote:

Because modern religion tends to distort and warp things that should be cultural norms or at least culturally acceptable and turn them into barbaric images into the minds of people who are incapable of critically thinking for themselves.

Well obvs.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 1:06:59 AM

Because modern religion

- Modern?

tends to distort and warp things that should be cultural norms or at least culturally acceptable and turn them into barbaric

- Any human practice, even the most barbaric, is or was at some point a cultural norm.

images into the minds of people who are incapable of critically thinking for themselves.

- Cultural norms are not about critical thinking to begin with.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 1:23:43 AM
At 12/31/2017 1:06:59 AM, Yassine wrote:

Because modern religion

- Modern?

tends to distort and warp things that should be cultural norms or at least culturally acceptable and turn them into barbaric

- Any human practice, even the most barbaric, is or was at some point a cultural norm.

images into the minds of people who are incapable of critically thinking for themselves.

- Cultural norms are not about critical thinking to begin with.

Modern Religion - Modern Religion. Not sure how that does not explain itself

Things that are normative are derived from thinking, as almost anything is. Please go back to the religion forum where you belong.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 7:38:05 PM

I've read about this. Are you pretending to be religious to fk with peeps? I did that last Saturday at a home group. My sister nearly choked on a biscuit.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 8:45:25 PM
Just to give you an idea, I entered school with a Missions major, but have since changed it to Bible with a History minor [MBU requires Greek for Missions, and I am not good at that.] In addition to the basics [English Composition 1 and 2, The Modern World, Public Speaking, Sociology, Music Appreciation] have studied the Gospel of Matthew, Old and New Testament Survey, History of Christianity, Christian Life and Leadership, Theology of Worship, Pastoral Life and Leadership and Intro to Cross Cultural Studies.

I remember you, kind of. Welcome back.
Atheism is the creed of unthinking beasts, birds, and insects, and religion the product of the thinking man, but still the modern scoffer has the audacity to up his nose at the believer. I wonder why?
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 8:46:35 PM
At 12/31/2017 7:38:05 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

I've read about this. Are you pretending to be religious to fk with peeps? I did that last Saturday at a home group. My sister nearly choked on a biscuit.

Can we not turn this into a political debate? I am just wanting to have a friendly chat
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 11:16:49 PM
At 12/31/2017 8:45:25 PM, Swagnarok wrote:
Just to give you an idea, I entered school with a Missions major, but have since changed it to Bible with a History minor [MBU requires Greek for Missions, and I am not good at that.] In addition to the basics [English Composition 1 and 2, The Modern World, Public Speaking, Sociology, Music Appreciation] have studied the Gospel of Matthew, Old and New Testament Survey, History of Christianity, Christian Life and Leadership, Theology of Worship, Pastoral Life and Leadership and Intro to Cross Cultural Studies.

I remember you, kind of. Welcome back.
Thanks for the welcome back :)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2017 11:56:42 PM
Who are you?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 5:13:32 AM
At 12/31/2017 11:56:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Who are you?

I was gone for a while, you may remember me. we are listed as friends. I am friendly, chatty, and trying to reconnect.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 6:11:26 AM
At 1/1/2018 5:13:32 AM, Kylar wrote:
Who are you?

I was gone for a while, you may remember me. we are listed as friends. I am friendly, chatty, and trying to reconnect.

I've also been gone for a year, so considering the amount of stuff you've done, I may have forgotten you.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
Kylar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2018 4:14:14 PM
At 1/1/2018 6:11:26 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/1/2018 5:13:32 AM, Kylar wrote:
Who are you?

I've also been gone for a year, so considering the amount of stuff you've done, I may have forgotten you.

I understand. I am 20 years old now, Christian, conservative, but cordial, and at times bi-partisan.