Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:07:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 2/7/2013 4:44:33 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/7/2013 11:47:10 AM, GWL-CPA wrote:
At 2/7/2013 8:52:08 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/5/2013 6:06:29 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Really? Surely you jest!

http://www.braha.com.br...
link broken

NO, I ACTUALLY DID. EVERYTHING I QUOTED IN MY LAST POST WERE EXCLUSIVLY FROM MATERIAL YOU PROVIDED.

I even broke down the data in the study done by Joao Goulao, MD " Joao Goulao, MD -Portuguese National Coordinator for Drug Problems, which many are using incorrectly to say that it works, when it did not work. Some are very lengthy, so possible you don't read the entire articles.

I DON'T NEED YOUR DISTORTED ANALYSIS. WAS ANYTHING I POSTED IN MY LAST RESPONSE UNTRUE (REMEMBER, i READ THE STUDIES AND CAN GO BACK AND SHOW YOU TO BE THE LIAR YOU ARE)?

"Decriminalization of drugs in Portugal - The real facts!"

"Drugs: The Portuguese Fallacy and the Absurd Medicalization of
Europe"
http://www.drugfree.org.au...

The following quotes are from a study done by Mannuel Pinto Coelho, MD, PhD.
"Drugs: The Portuguese Fallacy and the Absurd Medicalization of

"In 2006, the total number of deaths as a consequence of overdose did not diminish

http://www.samefacts.com...

YES - FOR ONE YEAR, THERE WERE MORE DRUG RELATED DEATHS THAN THE FIRST YEAR OF DECRIMINALIZATION. WOULD YOU CARE TO TELL THE CLASS WHAT HAPPENED EVERY OTHER YEAR SINCE DECRIMINALIZATION?

radically compared to 2000. In fact, the opposite occurred. With 219 deaths by drug
'overdose' a year, Portugal has one of the worst records, reporting more than one death every two days. Along with Greece, Austria and Finland, Portugal is one of the countries that recorded an increase in drug overdose by over 30% in 2005"."

THAT IS COMPLETE FICTION AND I POSTED THE CHART WITH ALL THE DATA POINTS YOUR CHART LEAVES OUT TO SHOW HOW FULL OF SH!T YOU ARE.

---
"Between 2001 and 2007, the drug consumption in Portugal increased by 4.2% in absolute terms - the percentage of people who have experimented with drugs at least once in their lifetime, climbed from 7.8% in 2001 to 12%. in 2007.

OH NO - NOT ONE TIME DRUG USERS - THIS IS YOU (WELL EXCEPT YOUR 'ONE TIME' WAS 12 YEARS). NO BI WHOOP - ONE TIME DOES NOT AN ISSUE MAKE.

The following statistics are reported (3)
Cannabis: from 12.4% to 17% (15-34 years old
Cocaine: from 1.3% to 2.8% (15-34 years old)
Heroine: from 0.7% to 1.1% (15-64 years old)
Ecstasy: from 1.4% to 2.6 (15-34 years old)

AND THEY ALL DROPPED IN ALL CHILDREN BELOW 15YO. IF YOUNG ADULTS WANT TO EXPERIMENT BUT DON'T GET HOOKED, WHO GIVES A SH!T, EXCEPT WHERE COCAINE IS CONCERNED, SINCE THAT DRUG WILL KILL YOU ON THE SPOT?

Cannabis
"It is difficult to assess trends in intensive cannabis use in Europe, but among the
countries that participated in both field trials between 2004 and 2007 (France, Spain,
Ireland, Greece, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal), there was an average increase of
approximately 20%."

IN ONE TIME USE...YOU KEEP FORGETTING TO ADD ON THE IMPORTANT PARTS.

"The example of Portugal, the real data not the factious one, shows clearly that facilitating access to drugs, will never be in any circumstances the way to reduce abuse or related crime."

NO, IT IS THE FALSIFIED, ABRIDGED DATA YOU'RE USING TO HYPE YOU'RE PROPAGANDA WHICH I HAVE JUST THOROUGHLY EVISCERATED.

WHICH LIES YOU GOT ON DECK FOR THIS NEXT ROUND?

First of all, I was not born in Texas, but moved there when I was about 29. I grew up in Illinois, in Cicero, IL, which was a great town in the 1960's - no blacks and about 200 decent property owning Mexicans. Now, Cicero is a safe haven for illegal Mexicans and English is the second language, and Mexican gang violence rules. Over 60% of the Mexicans are on state housing aid and food stamps. Not many blacks live there now either. because the punk Mexicans have chased them out. It is not safe to walk the streets at night, especially if you are a woman.

I have not lied about anything, and your facts are BS. You apparently don't know how to read. Again, how much pot do you smoke and how often? What other drugs do you do on a regular basis? Little coke, or are you into the harder stuff?

Again, you didn't answer my question? Did you graduate from college or were you too stoned too much in high school?

Anyway, I hope you get into therapy soon, since what you have is an illness, a disease, according to the Portugal doctor's whose study you keep misrepresenting.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:25:37 PM
At 2/7/2013 6:07:23 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:

First of all, I was not born in Texas, but moved there when I was about 29.

doesn't make it less obvious.

I grew up in Illinois, in Cicero, IL, which was a great town in the 1960's - no blacks

When you get a brochure for a new town, is "no blacks" a condition of your ability to live there. @sshole.

and about 200 decent property owning Mexicans.

who all fit in one Volkswagon, right?

Now, Cicero is a safe haven for illegal Mexicans and English is the second language,

As it was 400 hundred years ago. We're a melting pot, and you're getting melted away. Thank God.

and Mexican gang violence rules. Over 60% of the Mexicans are on state housing aid and food stamps.

Really, because the median household income (federally reported taxable median income) is nearly $50,000 in Cicero. You sure you're not full of sh!t here again.

http://www.city-data.com...

Not many blacks live there now either.

phew...

because the punk Mexicans have chased them out. It is not safe to walk the streets at night, especially if you are a woman.

I don't know - looks to have its upper and lower income areas just like any city

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com...

Couldn't be GM bugging out that affected crime, could it? No...must be those pesky Mexicans.

I have not lied about anything, and your facts are BS. You apparently don't know how to read. Again, how much pot do you smoke and how often? What other drugs do you do on a regular basis? Little coke, or are you into the harder stuff?

You leave out data when it doesn't support you and you don't provide complete and accurate statements about you data and I've caught you on all of it.

Again, you didn't answer my question? Did you graduate from college or were you too stoned too much in high school?

NOW WHO CAN'T READ?

Anyway, I hope you get into therapy soon, since what you have is an illness, a disease, according to the Portugal doctor's whose study you keep misrepresenting.

I already said, much to my dismay, drugs no longer agree with my constitution.

How are those adult literacy classes workin' out for ya?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:27:05 PM
At 2/7/2013 4:18:41 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

You profile does not mention if you made it through college.

I have a double major, an educational minor (thought I wanted to each), and despite dropping accounting as my major, I passed the CPA just 'cause. I haven't touched pot in nearly 20 years and I don't drink alcohol, but I was stoned every day in college and ended with a 3.7+ GPA (would have been higher, but I really f*cked off my last quarter).

The only reason I don't drink/get high today is because my body summarily rejects the drugs and they make me feel like sh!t, which is thoroughly to my disappointment.

(I didn't even study for the CPA and I passed all sections which I don't even think was necessary...I've never used it. I got it to make my mom happy and to have letters after my name)

psst...dipsh!t...over here.

GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:12:41 PM
At 2/7/2013 6:27:05 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

I have a double major, an educational minor (thought I wanted to each), and despite dropping accounting as my major, I passed the CPA just 'cause. I haven't touched pot in nearly 20 years and I don't drink alcohol, but I was stoned every day in college and ended with a 3.7+ GPA (would have been higher, but I really f*cked off my last quarter).

The only reason I don't drink/get high today is because my body summarily rejects the drugs and they make me feel like sh!t, which is thoroughly to my disappointment.

(I didn't even study for the CPA and I passed all sections which I don't even think was necessary...I've never used it. I got it to make my mom happy and to have letters after my name)

First off, when did you drop your accounting major? Even when I took the CPA exam in 1978, you needed 30 hours of accounting courses plus 24 hours of business courses. So what is your double major? And, if you took all four parts and did not study, you are one smart fellow. Over 50% fail first time, and from 20% to 30% pass all 4 parts first time, and very very few pass all four parts without studying. Anyway, good for you. But, you comments tell me that you don't know anything about the CPA exam and you are probably lying, e.g., "I didn't even study for the CPA and I passed all sections which I don't even think was necessary.." Anyone who knows anything about the CPA exam knows you must pass all four parts to be a CPA. How is it that you wouldn't know that?

What disease did you come down with that make you stop being stoned every day while in college and to stop drinking booze, and now you can't touch booze or pot? HIV, AIDS? Cancer from too much pot?
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:25:18 PM
At 2/7/2013 7:12:41 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:
At 2/7/2013 6:27:05 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

First off, when did you drop your accounting major? Even when I took the CPA exam in 1978, you needed 30 hours of accounting courses plus 24 hours of business courses. So what is your double major? And, if you took all four parts and did not study, you are one smart fellow. Over 50% fail first time, and from 20% to 30% pass all 4 parts first time, and very very few pass all four parts without studying. Anyway, good for you. But, you comments tell me that you don't know anything about the CPA exam and you are probably lying, e.g., "I didn't even study for the CPA and I passed all sections which I don't even think was necessary.." Anyone who knows anything about the CPA exam knows you must pass all four parts to be a CPA. How is it that you wouldn't know that?

I was six credits shy (Secretary of my university's chapter of Beta Alpha Psi and everything). There were 5 parts to the test, if memory serves, and you had to pass 3 of them to retain those three passing sections and only have to take the remaining 2 (though I swear you only needed to pass 4 out of 5...like I said, I did it for the letters).

It's been 20 years. I don't remember my freshman calculus final either, and the CPA has been of equal use to me, so please forgive my memory lapse

What disease did you come down with that make you stop being stoned every day while in college and to stop drinking booze, and now you can't touch booze or pot? HIV, AIDS? Cancer from too much pot?

I have no diseases. I always mocked my mother in high school because she would get lit after 1 1/2 drinks and then have a 2 day hangover as her reward for this easy intoxication. About 2 years after college, I found I suffered the same fate.

I can tolerate wine OK, probably because that's the alcohol of my genetic ancestry, but anything else and I'm 3 sheets to the wind and have a hangover that lasts for a day at the minimum.

Pot makes me paranoid and is not fun at all any longer. since the only reason to do drugs is to enjoy one's self and I no longer do, I no longer do.

Believe me, I'm not happy about it.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:03:45 PM
Really? Surely you jest!

You did point out one interesting fact, too many kids in high school both in America and Portugal do pot! And, you think legalizing pot in America is going to decrease that %?

If you think that, I don't think you have all the facts, or have not read them carefully.

Why do I get this nonsense thrown at me that the drug decriminalization policy stated in Portugal in 2001 has somehow been a success? I think it is because of the Forbes article written by Erik Kain - "Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal".

There are a number of other studies that show that it has failed. Decriminalization of drugs in Portugal " The real facts!" This article disproves all the other articles.

I have an issue with this website. You have claimed, repeatedly, that the scholars working for the drug criminalization have vested interest in promoting your view, but post an equally biased article. This website has direct ties to the Institute for prevention of drug abuse, based in Argentina. That would be like me citing an article funded by some drug free organization and claiming its fact. So you no longer have the privilege of pointing out bias when you hide the bias of your own post.

Now, evidence for the effectiveness of the law can be seen in its political support/non-support. Every political faction, except the farthest right political movements, support the new law. No good empirical dataset outside pro-criminalization circles has actually shown Portugal drug legalization laws to be a failure. What is interesting is the growing support for the thesis that drug decriminalization may have curbed rising drug use and decreased use in many categories.
http://www.cato.org...

A study done in the British Journal of Criminology finds no adverse effects from drug legalization. This source is hardly biased. From the abstract:
"The issue of decriminalizing illicit drugs is hotly debated, but is rarely subject to evidence-based analysis. This paper examines the case of Portugal, a nation that decriminalized the use and possession of all illicit drugs on 1 July 2001. Drawing upon independent evaluations and interviews conducted with 13 key stakeholders in 2007 and 2009, it critically analyses the criminal justice and health impacts against trends from neighbouring Spain and Italy. It concludes that contrary to predictions, the Portuguese decriminalization did not lead to major increases in drug use. Indeed, evidence indicates reductions in problematic use, drug-related harms and criminal justice overcrowding. The article discusses these developments in the context of drug law debates and criminological discussions on late modern governance."
http://bjc.oxfordjournals.org...

The problem with your reference is also due to the fact it fails to account for different factors, unlike my references. When accounting for other factors, we see the policy was a success. Merely looking at before/after averages is not a valid way to conduct a study. One has to look at the rate of change. Lets say before the law drug usage rose 1% every year (just example; not real stats) and after the law it rose .5% a year. The law then decreased the crime rate. Although the only way to do a valid study on the issue would be to control for other factors, looking at trends and not only before/after averages decreases some of the errors that would exist in the data set you used. This cato study did what I said, and got similar to the peer-reviewed study above.

As my small critique radically changes the statistical result, and when controlling for other factors evidence for decriminalization still stands, denying the experiment's effectiveness it almost dishonest.
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 11:10:48 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:03:45 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Really? Surely you jest!

You did point out one interesting fact, too many kids in high school both in America and Portugal do pot! And, you think legalizing pot in America is going to decrease that %?

If you think that, I don't think you have all the facts, or have not read them carefully.

Why do I get this nonsense thrown at me that the drug decriminalization policy stated in Portugal in 2001 has somehow been a success? I think it is because of the Forbes article written by Erik Kain - "Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal".

There are a number of other studies that show that it has failed. Decriminalization of drugs in Portugal " The real facts!" This article disproves all the other articles.

I have an issue with this website. You have claimed, repeatedly, that the scholars working for the drug criminalization have vested interest in promoting your view, but post an equally biased article. This website has direct ties to the Institute for prevention of drug abuse, based in Argentina. That would be like me citing an article funded by some drug free organization and claiming its fact. So you no longer have the privilege of pointing out bias when you hide the bias of your own post.

Now, evidence for the effectiveness of the law can be seen in its political support/non-support. Every political faction, except the farthest right political movements, support the new law. No good empirical dataset outside pro-criminalization circles has actually shown Portugal drug legalization laws to be a failure. What is interesting is the growing support for the thesis that drug decriminalization may have curbed rising drug use and decreased use in many categories.

A study done in the British Journal of Criminology finds no adverse effects from drug legalization. This source is hardly biased. From the abstract:
"The issue of decriminalizing illicit drugs is hotly debated, but is rarely subject to evidence-based analysis. This paper examines the case of Portugal, a nation that decriminalized the use and possession of all illicit drugs on 1 July 2001. Drawing upon independent evaluations and interviews conducted with 13 key stakeholders in 2007 and 2009, it critically analyses the criminal justice and health impacts against trends from neighbouring Spain and Italy. It concludes that contrary to predictions, the Portuguese decriminalization did not lead to major increases in drug use. Indeed, evidence indicates reductions in problematic use, drug-related harms and criminal justice overcrowding. The article discusses these developments in the context of drug law debates and criminological discussions on late modern governance."
http://bjc.oxfordjournals.org...

The problem with your reference is also due to the fact it fails to account for different factors, unlike my references. When accounting for other factors, we see the policy was a success. Merely looking at before/after averages is not a valid way to conduct a study. One has to look at the rate of change. Lets say before the law drug usage rose 1% every year (just example; not real stats) and after the law it rose .5% a year. The law then decreased the crime rate. Although :the only way to do a valid study on the issue would be to control for other factors, looking at trends and not only before/after averages decreases some of the errors that would exist in the data set you used. This cato study did what I said, and got similar to the peer-reviewed study above.

As my small critique radically changes the statistical result, and when controlling for other factors evidence for decriminalization still stands, denying the experiment's effectiveness it almost dishonest.

Addendum: this post at the beginning was not to say those at these drug-free sites are being dishonest, they are merely wrong (and biased; but so is my CATO study. The question is who's bias is correct, and according to the peer-reviewed academic literature the answer is the CATO institute.)
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 5:15:27 PM
At 2/7/2013 11:10:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:
Really? Surely you jest!

I am through with this BS.

You have your articles and I have more that say that the legal use of pot in Portugal and the Netherlands has not work; and, that marijuana is a very addictive drug that should be banned forever; and, that marijuana has no valid use for medical reasons.

So, you can believe whatever you want. I don't care! The fact that most states and most countries have made marijuana illegal means I have won the debate.

Prove me wrong. I don't care about your one-side articles with BS evidence which proves nothing and your stupid unscientific polls

I am betting you are a stoner too!

Folks like me believe that much stricter controls and enforcement are needed. We believe that prohibition is the only answer. China, through prohibition, eliminated it opium addiction problem in 1956. And, China does not allow marijuana for recreational or medical reasons, because they know all illegal drugs are bad for their country. Of course, they also used training programs to educate everyone as to the evils of the drug and put the addicted in hospitals for treatment, and then gave them jobs. But, those who would not stop were thrown in jail for long periods, and if that did not work, they were executed, which should be what happens in the USA. But, the death penalty would be reserved for only the hardened drug dealers and those who robbed and murdered others to get more drugs.

You will have a very hard time convincing the Bible-Belt States that marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes; and the Congress members from those states will not vote for its legalization at the Federal level despite having a former drug addicted President.

I am not sure that debating at this site proves anything. Too many stoners at this site!

I will say that the majority of people in America are against legalizing marijuana for recreational and medicinal purposes based on the number of states that have passed legislation; not stupid unscientific polls that show otherwise. The proof is in the results.

Only 18 states and DC have passed Medical Marijuana and two states recreational (Washington and Colorado) out of 50 states and DC or 51. 21 our 50 states and DC is 21/51 or only 41%. So, based on legalization results, 59% are against legalizing pot for any reason. I have won! And, if you throw in the 5 US territories where marijuana is illegal, then you have 21/56 or only 37.5% - so 62.5% are against. I have won again! Marijuana is illegal in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Mariana Islands. Based on legislative results, I have won this debate hands down.

Then for more proof, let's look at countries where marijuana is illegal: Albania, Austria, Bolivia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Montenegro, Nepal, New Zealand, North Korea, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Venezuela, and Vietnam. I had to add South Korea, where it is illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I did an analysis of the 82 countries noted at the above site and classified them into Legal and Illegal, which includes a few that allow it specifically for medical purposes, and I did not include the USA or Australia, where it is mostly illegal. My analysis revealed that 61 countries (61/82) or 74% prohibit marijuana for any reason. So, I have won the argument based on countries. You lose!

You need to read the following article carefully; then maybe you will see the light; but, I doubt it, especially if you are an illegal recreational pot user; and if you live any where in the USA and are using pot, you are using it illegally under Federal Law!

You are most likely a stoner; and, stoners will never get it!

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

http://teens.webmd.com...

http://www.prisonpolicy.org...

https://www.ncjrs.gov...

http://www.justice.gov...

http://www.csam-asam.org...

http://adai.uw.edu... (Marijuana and Aggression)

http://blog.seattlepi.com...

http://conium.org... (Cocaine, Marijuana, and Heroin)

http://www.justthinktwice.com... (Fiction: Drug Legalization Works)

http://www.braha.com.br... (Decriminalization of Drugs in Portugal - the Real Facts!)

Mark Twain
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 5:48:27 PM
At 2/8/2013 5:15:27 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:
Really? Surely you jest!

I am through with this BS.

You have your articles and I have more that say that the legal use of pot in Portugal and the Netherlands has not work; and, that marijuana is a very addictive drug that should be banned forever; and, that marijuana has no valid use for medical reasons.

So, you can believe whatever you want. I don't care! The fact that most states and most countries have made marijuana illegal means I have won the debate.

Prove me wrong. I don't care about your one-side articles with BS evidence which proves nothing and your stupid unscientific polls

Folks like me believe that much stricter controls and enforcement are needed. We believe that prohibition is the only answer. China, through prohibition, eliminated it opium addiction problem in 1956. And, China does not allow marijuana for recreational or medical reasons, because they know all illegal drugs are bad for their country. Of course, they also used training programs to educate everyone as to the evils of the drug and put the addicted in hospitals for treatment, and then gave them jobs. But, those who would not stop were thrown in jail for long periods, and if that did not work, they were executed, which should be what happens in the USA. But, the death penalty would be reserved for only the hardened drug dealers and those who robbed and murdered others to get more drugs.

You will have a very hard time convincing the Bible-Belt States that marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes; and the Congress members from those states will not vote for its legalization at the Federal level despite having a former drug addicted President.

I am not sure that debating at this site proves anything. Too many stoners at this site!

I will say that the majority of people in America are against legalizing marijuana for recreational and medicinal purposes based on the number of states that have passed legislation; not stupid unscientific polls that show otherwise. The proof is in the results.

Only 18 states and DC have passed Medical Marijuana and two states recreational (Washington and Colorado) out of 50 states and DC or 51. 21 our 50 states and DC is 21/51 or only 41%. So, based on legalization results, 59% are against legalizing pot for any reason. I have won! And, if you throw in the 5 US territories where marijuana is illegal, then you have 21/56 or only 37.5% - so 62.5% are against. I have won again! Marijuana is illegal in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Mariana Islands. Based on legislative results, I have won this debate hands down.

Then for more proof, let's look at countries where marijuana is illegal: Albania, Austria, Bolivia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cuba, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Montenegro, Nepal, New Zealand, North Korea, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Venezuela, and Vietnam. I had to add South Korea, where it is illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I did an analysis of the 82 countries noted at the above site and classified them into Legal and Illegal, which includes a few that allow it specifically for medical purposes, and I did not include the USA or Australia, where it is mostly illegal. My analysis revealed that 61 countries (61/82) or 74% prohibit marijuana for any reason. So, I have won the argument based on countries. You lose!

You need to read the following article carefully; then maybe you will see the light; but, I doubt it, especially if you are an illegal recreational pot user; and if you live any where in the USA and are using pot, you are using it illegally under Federal Law!

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

http://www.prisonpolicy.org...

http://www.csam-asam.org...

http://adai.uw.edu... (Marijuana and Aggression)

http://blog.seattlepi.com...

http://conium.org... (Cocaine, Marijuana, and Heroin)

http://www.justthinktwice.com... (Fiction: Drug Legalization Works)

http://www.braha.com.br... (Decriminalization of Drugs in Portugal - the Real Facts!)

So how'd prohibition work out in America?
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 4:55:59 PM

you are more likely an idiot, and idiots never got it in the 1st place. You thought I was a stoner as well, and when you realized I wasn't, you didn't know what to do or say.

The legalization argument, assuming you care about people, does the least harm, and is therefore the best option.

This is a medical issue and "first, do no harm" is the fundamental principle of the medical profession.

Deal with it.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 4:59:42 PM

lol yup. 16k=biggest stoner on the site

/sarcasm
with love,
Oryus
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 6:51:32 PM
At 2/9/2013 4:55:59 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

you are more likely an idiot, and idiots never got it in the 1st place. You thought I was a stoner as well, and when you realized I wasn't, you didn't know what to do or say.

The legalization argument, assuming you care about people, does the least harm, and is therefore the best option.

This is a medical issue and "first, do no harm" is the fundamental principle of the medical profession.

Deal with it.

You are full of BS and do not know what you are talking about.

You deal with it DH. This site sucks. To many idiots.

Mark Twain
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 6:54:24 PM
At 2/9/2013 6:51:32 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:

Deal with it.

*too
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 7:44:20 PM
At 2/9/2013 6:54:24 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/9/2013 6:51:32 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:

Deal with it.

*too

Whatever drug addict!

Two debates and all the voters were either Pro Drug Legalization or Pro Medical marijuana or both. And, only one appeared not to be a pot head, drug addict - the others were all marijuana stoners and addicted to one or more drugs, too funny.

Too Bad I win, the USA Federal Government still considers Pot a Level I drug and will bust you addicts.

Maybe not with former Drug addict, gay rights and everything for the GD illegal Mexican scum bag immigrants that are destroying America President Obama; wonder when he will let his daughters toke up in the White House? Will he wait until they get out of high school?

Again, are there any Con Drug Legalization and Con Medical Marijuana people at this site?

Mark Twain
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:18:17 PM
One of the folks " Raisor " who voted against my debate lives in Urbana, IL and is apparently an assistant professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL. He did not fill out the issues section of his profile so I do not know whether he is Pro Drug Legalization or not. However, many of my hippie friends went to that University from 1968 " through 1971. I thought it was a great school full of normal folks. Maybe it was then; but, I suspect it was a haven for stoners then too. I just found the following about Urbana on the internet, which pretty much sums up Raisor's beliefs, most likely.

"Herbana
Town in East Central Illinois known for being the home of the University of Illinois' pothead community. Filled with hippie-butt students and professors, plenty of Asians, and lots of granola munching M-fers. Significant compliment of local drug dealers (and users) to satisfy the entertainment needs of the Champaign-Urbana student populace. Smells like a fing skunk. Clouds of weed smoke hang over the historic west, historic east, ghetto east, and ghetto north neighborhoods."

"Ed: Haley lets go to herbana! My mans got a volcano and some headie nugs.
Haley: Ew, no, I don't do herbana...nothing but a bunch of of trees and shady butt MFers puffing blunts underneath them."

--or--

"Freshman: Dude, thanks for the hook up, but are you sure walking down a street five deep smoking a bong is a good idea?
Local: Don't be a (another name for cat that starts with a "p"and ends in a "y"), this is Herbana. Only way we get stopped is if the cops ran out of weed."
http://www.urbandictionary.com...

Way too funny; and, we wonder why America is falling behind the other countries in terms of educational achievement. And, it will only get worse if marijuana is legalized in America - Too funny, and thanks all you stoners!

"U.S. Students Still Lag Behind Foreign Peers, Schools Make Little Progress In Improving Achievement"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mark Twain
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:39:47 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:18:17 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:
One of the folks " Raisor " who voted against my debate lives in Urbana, IL and is apparently an assistant professor at the University of Illinois, Urbana, IL. He did not fill out the issues section of his profile so I do not know whether he is Pro Drug Legalization or not. However, many of my hippie friends went to that University from 1968 " through 1971. I thought it was a great school full of normal folks. Maybe it was then; but, I suspect it was a haven for stoners then too. I just found the following about Urbana on the internet, which pretty much sums up Raisor's beliefs, most likely.

"Herbana
Town in East Central Illinois known for being the home of the University of Illinois' pothead community. Filled with hippie-butt students and professors, plenty of Asians, and lots of granola munching M-fers. Significant compliment of local drug dealers (and users) to satisfy the entertainment needs of the Champaign-Urbana student populace. Smells like a fing skunk. Clouds of weed smoke hang over the historic west, historic east, ghetto east, and ghetto north neighborhoods."

Haley: Ew, no, I don't do herbana...nothing but a bunch of of trees and shady butt MFers puffing blunts underneath them."

--or--

"Freshman: Dude, thanks for the hook up, but are you sure walking down a street five deep smoking a bong is a good idea?
Local: Don't be a (another name for cat that starts with a "p"and ends in a "y"), this is Herbana. Only way we get stopped is if the cops ran out of weed."

Way too funny; and, we wonder why America is falling behind the other countries in terms of educational achievement. And, it will only get worse if marijuana is legalized in America - Too funny, and thanks all you stoners!

"U.S. Students Still Lag Behind Foreign Peers, Schools Make Little Progress In Improving Achievement"

So THIS is how you research process works.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:43:15 PM
At 2/9/2013 4:59:42 PM, Oryus wrote:

/sarcasm

http://wtfcontent.com...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:46:44 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:43:15 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/9/2013 4:59:42 PM, Oryus wrote:

/sarcasm

http://wtfcontent.com...

LOL He was, wasn't he?
with love,
Oryus
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:52:06 PM
A certified public accountant thats hardcore anti-drugs?

DUDE, how do you not do that job stoned off your gourd?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:53:43 PM
He looks alot like the stapler guy from "Office Space" too i must say

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:54:33 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:52:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
A certified public accountant thats hardcore anti-drugs?

DUDE, how do you not do that job stoned off your gourd?

It's really easy when you're consumed with overwhelming self-righteousness.

Moral superiority saves lives. Weed: not even once.
with love,
Oryus
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 9:11:39 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:53:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

At 2/3/2013 10:01:44 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Anyway, I think this character might be a troll.

I mean, look at that avie, and look at this: http://25.media.tumblr.com...

The resemblance is scary uncanny.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.wired.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 9:18:29 PM
At 2/9/2013 9:11:39 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/9/2013 8:53:43 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

At 2/3/2013 10:01:44 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Anyway, I think this character might be a troll.

I mean, look at that avie, and look at this: http://25.media.tumblr.com...

The resemblance is scary uncanny.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

http://www.wired.com...

So did not see you made the same observation XD

I sir, request the highest of fives!
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 9:46:05 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:39:47 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 2/9/2013 8:18:17 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:

"Herbana

--or--

So THIS is how you research process works.

I have already wasted too much time at this site. I provided the authoritative support for why marijuana and all illegal drugs should be banned; but, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. My support were the actually verifiable facts by leading medical authorities, not Fked groups like Norml.

What is the average age group; it appears young. Two people making comments that are only 16. You can't even vote for the legalization of anything when you are 16. You are an immature teenager who is entitle to opinions, but, if you are already a stoner, most likey your brain is not wired correctly to think logically - so in most cases you are just a moron stoner, who thinks his/her view points have relevance, when in fact, they have no relevance except to other stoners, at least, not any that matter. Wait still you grow up and get off the dope, then come back and debate.

What I don't get is why you can't post comments to the people profile page after they have presented their votes to discuss their positions - seems rather one sided.

Really, what do any of these debates prove - they don't prove anything. They should have a board of qualified debate monitors, mostly composed of professional debaters with a minimum of a 4 year college degree to judge the arguments presented under standard debating rules of evidence. Then declaring a winner might mean something. As it stand now, declaring a winner is meaningless and proved nothing.

Mark Twain
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:34:01 PM
At 2/9/2013 9:46:05 PM, GWL-CPA wrote:
I have already wasted too much time at this site. I provided the authoritative support for why marijuana and all illegal drugs should be banned; but, you can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. My support were the actually verifiable facts by leading medical authorities, not Fked groups like Norml.

What is the average age group; it appears young. Two people making comments that are only 16. You can't even vote for the legalization of anything when you are 16. You are an immature teenager who is entitle to opinions, but, if you are already a stoner, most likey your brain is not wired correctly to think logically - so in most cases you are just a moron stoner, who thinks his/her view points have relevance, when in fact, they have no relevance except to other stoners, at least, not any that matter. Wait still you grow up and get off the dope, then come back and debate.

What I don't get is why you can't post comments to the people profile page after they have presented their votes to discuss their positions - seems rather one sided.

Really, what do any of these debates prove - they don't prove anything. They should have a board of qualified debate monitors, mostly composed of professional debaters with a minimum of a 4 year college degree to judge the arguments presented under standard debating rules of evidence. Then declaring a winner might mean something. As it stand now, declaring a winner is meaningless and proved nothing.

And this is why you are such a terrible debater. You overwhelmingly lose your debate, and your thought process isn't maybe I should better organize my arguments, or maybe I should stay on topic, or maybe I shouldn't sink to insulting my opponent in the final round. It isn't even maybe I shouldn't utilize sources which include the disclaimer 'Note to Readers: Dr. Nahas is, to say the least, a zealot on this issue. To say the least, there have been some issues with the accuracy of his statements about marijuana. We invite the reader to compare the statements made by Dr. Nahas with the results of the other research studies on this web site'. No, instead you conclude that the 'stoners' and 'teenagers' are conspiring against you. I'm not a stoner, and I'm not a teenager. I've never touched pot, and I never plan to; a simple gin gimlet in the evening, perhaps underscored by Rachmaninoff's 2nd, is my only vice. And I can assure you that most of the teenagers on this site organize their thoughts in a much more concise and lucid manner than you do, are much more discriminating when it comes to choosing their sources, and are much more gracious in defeat. Good evening sir, and may you someday realize the value that somber, honest self-criticism can hold.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:40:27 PM
At 2/9/2013 10:34:01 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

And this is why you are such a terrible debater. You overwhelmingly lose your debate, and your thought process isn't maybe I should better organize my arguments, or maybe I should stay on topic, or maybe I shouldn't sink to insulting my opponent in the final round. It isn't even maybe I shouldn't utilize sources which include the disclaimer 'Note to Readers: Dr. Nahas is, to say the least, a zealot on this issue. To say the least, there have been some issues with the accuracy of his statements about marijuana. We invite the reader to compare the statements made by Dr. Nahas with the results of the other research studies on this web site'. No, instead you conclude that the 'stoners' and 'teenagers' are conspiring against you. I'm not a stoner, and I'm not a teenager. I've never touched pot, and I never plan to; a simple gin gimlet in the evening, perhaps underscored by Rachmaninoff's 2nd, is my only vice. And I can assure you that most of the teenagers on this site organize their thoughts in a much more concise and lucid manner than you do, are much more discriminating when it comes to choosing their sources, and are much more gracious in defeat. Good evening sir, and may you someday realize the value that somber, honest self-criticism can hold.

Well said. + 10 internetz to you sir.

http://www.youtube.com...
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:53:38 PM
Internet pointz arent awarded so lightly either... *claps*
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:55:13 PM
At 2/9/2013 10:40:27 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Why thank you. *Pours Rose's and Plymouth*
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 9:46:01 AM
At 2/9/2013 10:40:27 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 2/9/2013 10:34:01 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Here is the one article that you stoners always fail to read that has over 200 references to various authoritative studies and opinions by doctors, etc. on the negative effects of marijuana, recreationally and medically. If you don't want to believe the facts, so be it.

"THE DEA POSITION on MARIJUANA"

There are many other authoritative article that you fail to read or accept because yu don't want to face the facts:

"Marijuana and Aggression"
http://adai.uw.edu...

Marijuana - Myths and Facts - The Truth Behind 10 Popular Misperceptions"

As for my debating skills, you have no clue. And, my thought processes are very clear. You don't pass the CPA - Certified Public Accountant, CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor, and CBA - Chartered Bank Auditor exams because you are disorganized and have unclear thought processes.

Also, 16 year-old high school students' opinions on smoking dope or its use for medical marijuana belong in high school debates supervised by high school teachers.

When, I joined to this site, I made the wrong assumption, which was that only adults would be debating.

Convincing a 16-year old stoner that medical marijuana is a farce is like me trying to convince my 16 year-old stepson that too much gaming is bad for his brain.

I shouldn't complain though, he did manage to get his 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do in 4 years while not gaming; he is an A student, and is on the NJROTC " Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps air rifle team, and if I can work it, he will go to the Naval Academy. I forgot, he and none of his NJROTC friends smoke dope or do booze; but a huge percentage of the unfortunate other teenagers/children at his high school are already too messed up to barely function; but, they are cool - they will tell you so.

But, that is cool with you folks. Cool that more and more teenagers are getting stoned and doing other drugs, which will continue to increase at alarming rates as marijuana is legalized in more states, which is why the Feds need to step in now and shut it down in Calif., Washington, and Colorado. Believe the myths you are living or accept the facts and really read those articles you are rejecting. Then see a doctor for help with your pot addiction, even if you only smoke it occasionally; it is still messing with your brain. If you are smoking that crap daily, check into a rehabilitation hospital.

"Teen Health
Teen Marijuana Use at All-Time High"

I know, now you will tell me that marijuana use was high in 1979 according to that scientific research group NORML " too funny, like they have any clue and report totally unbiased data.

Again, debating against stoners is pointless.

Mark Twain
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 9:48:37 AM
Ok, suppose I accept that Marijuana is deleterious. Why does that matter? It's not my job to paternalistically strip people of their autonomy.

For the record, I am not a stoner and I don't drink or use drugs.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.