Jump to topic:

DDO Attacked and Stolen?

ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 5:04:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
On September 20th, 2018, A person (logged in on pastebin. Com as guest) and calling himself David Sherratt, Downloaded the Debate. Org website. The record of the paste is still up here".

https://pastebin. Com/zt5PgvHd

The same month debate art. Com was registered in Russia.

What is pastebin? It is a web tool used for sharing and storing data. A popular use of Pastebin is for Sharing Stolen Data. Though it's mostly used for distributing legitimate data, It seems to be frequently used as a public repository of stolen information, Such as network configuration details and authentication records.

bsh1 claims not to have known Mike before August 2018, But this postbin dump shows they were acquainted by at least 11th November 2017! In a big list dumped by someone, Both bsh1 and justmike are listed in that group. From the user names listed, I suspect it"s a list of gay net users.

busses braddqq MERLIER soulproc brandwes casper68 bussey ilovekac. . .
https://pastebin. Com /yJaTDUQj
11 Nov 2017 " justmike. Casparus. Chrisd12. Breather. . . . . . Bsh1. Civilized95. Airplane. Chr222. BigDick. Skiman. Nagrom. Anthony1.

This link comes up when a search for bsh1 and justmike is done.
On his DDO profile page, Bsh1 lists his location as, 23-year old male in Pleven, Oblast Pleven, Bulgaria. This is when he joined DDO. If he is American born and raised, As he claims, How was he in Bulgaria at age 23? When and where did he go to college?

Join these facts with Dart having the same configuration details as DDO, The President of DDO being the overlord of Dart now, And many DDO users wooed to Dart after the suspicious spampocalypse, It is hard not to conclude that DDO was attacked and then stolen.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 6:18:33 AM
It could be I suppose. I'm really not all that internet savvy myself, So don't really get some of the technical details you're talking about. It isn't really a carbon copy of DDO, So to speak though, Is it?

I know there are similarities, But there is enough of a difference in how it is set up that I prefer DDO. Even just the color scheme and size of everything seems a bit off to me. Then again I suppose that would just be saying that you download some other guys speech and change the font style, Size, And title.

I'm not too bothered by it myself. Imitation is a trend of success. Innovation too sure, But well done styles are copied as well.
Richarda71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 5:11:37 PM
I wholeheartedly pray that DDO is to rise again. After only a quarter year of membership, DART is already a trainwreck.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2018 1:25:56 AM
I did some investigation and found that David Sherratt is discordspies on twitter. His DDO account is spinosauruskin. Absolutely nothing to do with Mike or DART.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2018 4:40:09 AM
But I think debateart is like edeb8 in the sense that it's a good site but there's no traffic there. Nothing of value has been stolen imo.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2018 7:20:48 PM
I did some investigation and found that David Sherratt is discordspies on twitter.

Mike just started a sister site to Dart on Discord.

His DDO account is spinosauruskin.

Sounds Russian.

Absolutely nothing to do with Mike or DART.

Then the coincidences are amazing! Both members of DDO. Both on discord. Both DDO and Dart having the same configuration, One website downloaded and dying as the other is registered and launched.

OK. Stranger things have happened.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 2:54:46 PM
David Sherratt is not his real name, And like Mike, He is Russian. Like Bsh1, He is a flaming liberal.

He downloaded the entire DDO website in 2017. Like Mike, He was a silent member on DDO. Like Mike, He seems to love Discord. Both of them have accounts there.

And the subject matter of David Sherratt's twitter account is exactly like Dart's content. Hmmm.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2019 7:22:29 AM
Posted: 1 day ago
How hard would it be to copy the databases, Launch another platform and then have scripts copying the whole shebang (debates, Members, Forums, Etc) into such a brand new debate site?
The key to cloning just about any site is having access to it's databases, After that it's "merely" a matter of having automated scripts doing all the work implementing everything into the new site.
Then register "DDO. Debate. Org", Problem solved.