Beginners' Mafia 52.2: DP3

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 2:53:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Goldfyre - You are a blizzard. You blast the land with snow upon snow, ice upon ice, trapping people in their homes and cars. While you trap people inside their homes, you also offer protection from possible killers. After all, who would dare go outside during a blizzard? This makes you a 2x Brutal Doctor. Twice per game, you may select another player. That player will be protected from lethal actions. However, each time you protect a player, you will also roleblock them. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Warren - You are snow. You're beautiful to look at, fun to play in, and always come during some of the best times of the year. But you melt so easily... it's always sad to see you go. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

LIVING PLAYERS
1. Mharman
2. Anoid
3. Cat47
4. Sui
5. Wylted

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch
The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 11:00am, EST, on 4/21/17

Have a happy Day Phase ^.^
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:02:31 PM
Mass claim time.

I'm Hurricane.

Wylted is drought.

Anoid is rain.

Sui refuses to claim.

Cat has ignored claiming.

VTL Sui for character claim.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:04:26 PM
At 4/18/2017 2:53:55 PM, Vaarka wrote:
That player will be protected from lethal actions. However, each time you protect a player, you will also roleblock them. You win with the Town.

That's the same thing as a Jailkeeper.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:11:03 PM
NOBODY LYNCH FFS IT WAS NOTOBVIOUS FYRE WAS NOT MAFIA ugh. That was a stupid scum play. DO NOT lynch a wagon younger than 18 hours unless 90% of the players are actively participating.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:11:52 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:11:03 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
NOBODY LYNCH FFS IT WAS NOT OBVIOUS FYRE WAS MAFIA ugh.

fix'd
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:14:00 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:02:31 PM, Mharman wrote:
Mass claim time.

I'm Hurricane.

Wylted is drought.

Anoid is rain.

Sui refuses to claim.

Cat has ignored claiming.

VTL Sui for character claim.

Flash flood.

VTL Cat for cc, then VTL Wylted. I would have pushed a Wylted lynch last DP but you guys lynched fyre on STUPID reasoning. DO NOT lynch fast this DP.

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:16:52 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:14:00 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
VTL Cat for cc, then VTL Wylted. I would have pushed a Wylted lynch last DP but you guys lynched fyre on STUPID reasoning. DO NOT lynch fast this DP.

Thank you for cooperating. Unvote

P.S. Wylted is confirmed town, look at my Post #49 of DP2.

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:29:36 PM
Who is town:

Mharman:
I've been posting helpful analysis throughout this game.

Sui:
When my violent vs. calm weather assertion was made, he immediately came foward and said that is false.

Wylted:
See Post #49 of DP2.

Anoid:
Claimed at the start of the game without pressure.

That leaves as mafia.....

Cat:
The only one left to claim. I find it weird that he is still in the game; if I was mafia I would NK him to avoid suspicion. I believe he has been in 3-5 games, and he has never played as scum before. By probability, it seems that at some point he would eventually get scum. I think it is this one. And finally, he's only been posting fluff; kinda just lurking, and ignored the character claim altogether.

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:31:16 PM
With that said... VTL Cat

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:41:50 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:31:16 PM, Mharman wrote:
With that said... VTL Cat

Damn it man, Unvote

be very intentional with your votes... you put him at L-1.... so unless you're voting straight for death (not full claim) then watch it....

Cat, full claim.

No one else vote him. Just chime in that you want the full claim.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:45:22 PM
Anyone who does not have me as confirmed town is suspicious in my book. Kinda odd with all the evidence mounting. The DP1 confirmation that cosmo cheated by telling me his affiliation and his mod kill, then the balance of the game also requires a miller.

I am going to give this some thought and give some more analysis when I get back from the zoo.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:46:43 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:16:52 PM, Mharman wrote:
Cat claimed High Winds.

Also no he isn't. Cosmo was killed for communicating with other players outside of Modded channels. i.e., outside the mafia PM / thread.

Wylted could conceivably have bussed Cosmo just to get mod-confirmed town status knowing we would do this, and possibly also thinking that Cosmo's life was worth it as he's a ringer here too. I wouldn't underestimate him.

This is predicated on Wylted seizing the opportunity to do it against Cosmo's will since he couldn't really have solicited cosmo to communicate outside the thread in order to get modkilled, so Cosmo would have had to have done it organically (and stupidly)

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:52:11 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:45:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Anyone who does not have me as confirmed town is suspicious in my book. Kinda odd with all the evidence mounting. The DP1 confirmation that cosmo cheated by telling me his affiliation and his mod kill,
Or you bussed him knowing you'd be considered mod-confirmed town, and you convinced cosmo not to fight it somehow. It's possible.

then the balance of the game also requires a miller.
Expand on this part.

I am going to give this some thought and give some more analysis when I get back from the zoo.
What is Mafia SOP on mass role claims? is it ever pro-town?

I looked up the wiki about it.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net...

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:54:58 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:46:43 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Cat claimed High Winds.

Also no he isn't. Cosmo was killed for communicating with other players outside of Modded channels. i.e., outside the mafia PM / thread.

Wylted could conceivably have bussed Cosmo just to get mod-confirmed town status knowing we would do this, and possibly also thinking that Cosmo's life was worth it as he's a ringer here too. I wouldn't underestimate him.

This is predicated on Wylted seizing the opportunity to do it against Cosmo's will since he couldn't really have solicited cosmo to communicate outside the thread in order to get modkilled, so Cosmo would have had to have done it organically (and stupidly)

Crazy conspiracy, but it doesn't seem like some manufactured thing so I buy you as town, but am starting to have suspicions about Mharman. I am going to go back over all his posts later. Please don't Lynch until I do an ISO of him tonight
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:56:29 PM
Cat claimed High Winds.

Maybe it is calm vs. neutral/violent weather... but the calm weather is mafia.

Or maybe... I think I have it. Sunny? High Winds? That's weather highly associated with the Great Plains region in America.

Yes, and that player he communicated outside the PM with was Wylted.

If it's mod-confirmed, it's 100% true.

Wylted didn't send the first PM of that thread. Cosmo did.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:57:38 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:52:11 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 4/18/2017 3:45:22 PM, Wylted wrote:
Anyone who does not have me as confirmed town is suspicious in my book. Kinda odd with all the evidence mounting. The DP1 confirmation that cosmo cheated by telling me his affiliation and his mod kill,
Or you bussed him knowing you'd be considered mod-confirmed town, and you convinced cosmo not to fight it somehow. It's possible.

then the balance of the game also requires a miller.
Expand on this part.

I have yet to play in a game that did not have both a killer and a godfather when a cop was present

What is Mafia SOP on mass role claims? is it ever pro-town?

Most people think they are a bad ideal, but are okay once most people have already claimed. I would never do one on DP1.

I looked up the wiki about it.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net...
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 3:59:34 PM
Sunny Day is Mafia.

Snow, Blizzard, Thunderstorm is Town.

Hurricane, Drought, Rain, Snow, High Winds, Flash Flood.
How do we divide these into the above groups congruently?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:03:43 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:59:34 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Sunny Day is Mafia.

Hurricane, Drought, Rain, Snow, High Winds, Flash Flood.

Sunny day has nothing to do with precipitation and everything but high winds does have to do with precipitation. Even drought is a reference to precipitation by being a lack of it. Who is high winds again?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:04:42 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:59:34 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Sunny Day is Mafia.

Hurricane, Drought, Rain, High Winds, Flash Flood.

I mentioned Snow twice.

Honestly High Winds and Drought are the only ones that aren't precipitation / water-based, and odd-ones-out. I'm not convinced you're confirmed town.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:07:40 PM
At 4/18/2017 4:03:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
Sunny day has nothing to do with precipitation and everything but high winds does have to do with precipitation. Even drought is a reference to precipitation by being a lack of it. Who is high winds again?
A drought IS defined by it, but that's a stretch. Plus I'd have to imagine the mafia knows the theme and fake claimed. If true that makes Drought believably-town, and High Winds a very stupid fake claim.

Going solely off of what would be known to be a town claim, and has the lowest likelihood of being CC'd I'd have fake claimed Hurricane from the choices. That's assuming 1 remaining mafioso who knew the theme and 1 fake claim.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:08:01 PM
It also assumes they weren't given safe claims. I would imagine they weren't, since this is a very loose theme.

CosmoJarvis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:08:08 PM
Cat claimed High Winds.

I'll explain more once the mafia is lynched or the town dies, my man.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:08:38 PM
We know for a fact aniod is town. That leaves 4 suspects. Anyone else who has common sense knows I am town, so that leaves 3. I actually meant to say duo not Mharman earlier, but once I do my ISO on Sui later, it will be easy to put him in the town or scum pool. I will probably do an ISO on every person and figure this out.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:08:55 PM
At 4/18/2017 4:08:08 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:
I'll explain more once the mafia is lynched or the town dies, my man.

Do you want to get banned from mafia?

This is how you get banned from mafia.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:09:49 PM
At 4/18/2017 3:31:16 PM, Mharman wrote:
Unvote for Wylted's ISOs.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:12:06 PM
At 4/18/2017 4:08:38 PM, Wylted wrote:
We know for a fact aniod is town.
Because he claimed early with no pressure?

This is what I mean about overstating knowledge. You DON'T know he's town for a fact if that's your reasoning.

If I missed some mod-confirmation or something somewhere I apologize since I'm playing both games I may have brain farted.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:14:14 PM
At 4/18/2017 4:12:06 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 4/18/2017 4:08:38 PM, Wylted wrote:
We know for a fact aniod is town.
Because he claimed early with no pressure?

This is what I mean about overstating knowledge. You DON'T know he's town for a fact if that's your reasoning.

If I missed some mod-confirmation or something somewhere I apologize since I'm playing both games I may have brain farted.

It is called being good at deductive reasoning. How would he know I was miller if his claim of cop is false?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2017 4:16:39 PM
I believe Wylted would possibly have run a gambit to NOT nk NP1 just to get Gold lynched. The very first post DP2 he's pushing for Gold's lynch, with very poor evidence.