Jump to topic:

Weird Al Yankovic Mafia - Endgame

Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:00:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wow.....just wow.....what a bizarre game.

Town wins via mafia suicide.

Town:
Unstoppable:
Character: Trash Day
Role: Vanilla
Team: Town

Newstein:
Your character is (This Song's Just) Six Words Long. Your role is BULLY PULPIT. In the last 24 hours of the DP, from within this PM, you can place (or move) the votes of any players who have posted three times or less. If they pass this threshold while their vote is placed for them, it will be removed. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Anoid: (had embedded video)
You are Tacky. You are the COP. Each night you can target one player to investigate. If they are innocent, they win with the town. If they are guilty, they win with the mafia. You win with the town.

Warren:
You are King of Suede. You are a VANILLA. You are town.

Wylted:
You are Jerry Springer. You are the JAILKEEPER. Each night you can protect one player, but they will be unable to use their role that night. You are town.
(note: this does not prevent the NK from being carried out)

Cat: (enbedded video)
You are fat. You are VANILLA. You have your voice and your vote. You win with the town.

Geo:
You are Theme from Rocky XIII (The Rye or the Kaiser). You are the VANILLA. You are town.

Mharman:
You are Cavity Search. You are a glutton for punishment, therefore you are the SACRIFICIAL LAMB. Each NP, you can sacrifice your vote the next DP to kill a player, you can sacrifice your voice in the next DP to protect two players in the night from all adverse effects, or you can sacrifice your life to mod-reveal a player's role PM. You win with the town.

VoT: (embedded video)
You are TMZ. You are the watcher. Each night you can target one player to see who visits them. You win with the town.

Reece:
You are Trapped in the Drive-Thru. This song is so long, and so pointless, but has value. You are a VANILLA. Town wins when all threats are eliminated.

Mafia:
Welcome to the mafia thread!!!
Here is some information for you:
Theme: Parody (town) vs. Pastiche (mafia) (or in other words, song parodies versus style parodies)
Free character claim: Yoda
Additional info:
i. There is no miller
ii. There is no third party
Use this information at your discretion.

VoT:
Everything You Know Is Wrong - You are the GODFATHER, and will appear innocent to any cop investigations. The mafia is who you win with.

Likemagic/Dani:
Dog Eat Dog - To survive in the corporate world, you must use a variety of tactics. Thus, you are the JACK OF ALL TRADES. You have the following 1x abilities and can only use one per night: role cop, framer, lawyer, ninja, and strongman. You win when the number of living mafia players equals the number of living town players AND it is impossible for town to win.

Third Party: Converted to Survivor upon mod-kill. Original PM is as follows.
Sui: (had enbedded video)
Mission Statement - You are the ROLEBLOCKER. Each night you can target one player and prevent them from using their role that night. You win with the mafia.

As you can see, I gave mafia lots of information, and made it difficult to use PM analysis. Some roles had justification explicitly stated, some were implied, and others were unrelated. Even though mafia had a bunch of roles at their disposal, there wasn't really much need for them. I feel the roles made little difference, so the game was balanced.

I don't know what to say:
Sui got mod-killed, which he can explain if he chooses.
Reece trolled.
Mharman didn't notice his action NP1 failed (could be because he is new)
Gold left the site
Dani/Magic committed suicide in the night, and also claimed a non-parody song by accident

Very strange occurrences, all around. I will offer the following advice:
1. Know how your role works. Don't spaz out in the role PM because I'm not answering how your role works when you are under severe fire. Ask before.
2. Mafia should never kill themselves, unless it's a vig gambit. One of mafia's greatest strengths can be in controlling the DP, and this comes even with knowing you are going to be lynched. You can cast shade on players, and do other subtle damage. You can allow your scummates town cred by starting a wagon. Plus, you never know, you might be able to talk your way out of it, or luck out with a no lynch due to inactivity.
3. Don't talk about ongoing games in a manner that can affect them. Mharman disclosed in NP1 action in this game as an effort to defend himself. This is otherwise fine, since he was dead in Philosophers, except by stating that he did visit in that game, it proved another player was telling the truth about their role and their night actions, and that further proved another player was town. That singled out the last remaining mafia, had it been noticed. If you don't know what can affect an ongoing game, then don't say anything about it.

I do thank the players that tried. Likemagic played very well for her first scum game, and I only wished I could have coached her on a few things lol
Wylted caught two scum DP1, I think, so bravo!
Warren and Wylted's push to compromise and lynch VoT was a game changer, since, with the godfather dead, the cop and his two innocents (both alive) were town. The kill NP3 should have been a strongman of Anoid, to prevent a further townie being confirmed (which was the case).

Wylted targeted Dani NP1 and NP2, no one NP3
Sui targeted Mharman NP1 and Wylted NP2 (lost use of his role NP3 due to talking after DP ended, and then was mod-killed after)
Dani/magic ninja'd VoT NP1, lawyered herself NP2, strongman'd Wylted NP3, killed themselves NP4
Mharman tried to NK VoT NP1 (town VoT)
Anoid targeted Wylted, Cat, Newstein, then Dani/Magic
VoT targeted Dani/Magic NP1
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:14:08 AM
Dani and LM why did you commit suicide in the night?

Wylted, I still think your case against them was weaker than you seemed to think it was. The only thing that made me buy it was the theme analysis, which was good. I wish you hadn't been scummy by behavior and you had focused more on that part of your push against the Dani/Magic slot. Glad we were able to compromise on VoT.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:23:43 AM
why dani/magic....

fuckin why
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:24:34 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:23:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
why dani/magic....

fuckin why

They have their reasons, and you understand them.

(lol actually I have no idea I just love that Trump quote)
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:27:37 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:18:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
I did not expect it to end like that.

We literally went into DP3 down 4 town and came out of NP4 with the win. Like wtf.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:28:13 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:14:08 AM, warren42 wrote:

Wylted, I still think your case against them was weaker than you seemed to think it was. The only thing that made me buy it was the theme analysis, which was good. I wish you hadn't been scummy by behavior and you had focused more on that part of your push against the Dani/Magic slot. Glad we were able to compromise on VoT.

Theme analysis was obvious there, but you guys have to recognize scum tells. I elicited tons of behavior from them that gave them away. That is without even reading prior DP's. However if I point out something like the fact scum is more likely to exhibit clear thinking patterns ad not jump around on their reads, you would immediately dismiss that as evidence. (Just one of many examples.)

Also my behavior was not scummy, nor is it my responsibility to not make it look scummy. I have no ideal why it is so common for noobs to see emotional tunneling as scummy, when it is one of the more obvious town tells.

I am not saying town cannot exhibit scum tells or visa versa, but you guys are horrible at recognizing them when they occur. You guys seem to ignore behavioral cues altogether unless it is an annoying one or somebody is caught lying, than you misinterpret those or apply them too generally.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:33:32 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:28:13 AM, Wylted wrote:

Theme analysis was obvious there, but you guys have to recognize scum tells. I elicited tons of behavior from them that gave them away. That is without even reading prior DP's. However if I point out something like the fact scum is more likely to exhibit clear thinking patterns ad not jump around on their reads, you would immediately dismiss that as evidence. (Just one of many examples.)

This was one of the stronger ideas IMO but I don't think it applies to Danielle as much as most, because in my experience she behaves like this as town also.

Also my behavior was not scummy, nor is it my responsibility to not make it look scummy. I have no ideal why it is so common for noobs to see emotional tunneling as scummy, when it is one of the more obvious town tells.

That isn't what I found scummy about you.

You guys seem to ignore behavioral cues altogether unless it is an annoying one or somebody is caught lying, than you misinterpret those or apply them too generally.

If you're talking about reece and mharman I still wouldn't do anything differently.

Reece literally trolled in response to straightforward easy questions.

Mharman lied, killed a townie, and lied again. Anti-town townies are worth killing.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:34:58 AM
So were you actually townreading me by the time VoT died? Would you have continued to Townread me until Cat was lynched or even further?
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:38:45 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:34:58 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
So were you actually townreading me by the time VoT died? Would you have continued to Townread me until Cat was lynched or even further?

I think after a cat lynch I would have shifted back to you. I was going back and forth on it. Behaviorally you seemed scummy, but the early role claim and Dani and VOT's scummyness overshadowed yours.

You did a good job at deflecting the negative attention. VOT was extremely obvious, so much so that Dani probably felt it was necessary to point it out, The games I have played with you lately, you have been performing extremely well. I hope you share why you are mod killed also
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:39:52 AM
with me dead, had sui not been mod killed it may have been an easy win for mafia since he didn't cross anyone else's mind and in fact many of them called me an idiot for suspecting him
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:42:10 AM
I am not sure if Dani and magic are good at deflecting lynches or I am horrible at driving them, but killing VOT with less than an hour remaining, made me feel better.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:03:23 AM
At 4/26/2017 3:42:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
I am not sure if Dani and magic are good at deflecting lynches or
no offense
I am horrible at driving them,
this one
but killing VOT with less than an hour remaining, made me feel better.

lol, you were just.... all over the place, from my perspective.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:07:12 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:03:23 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 4/26/2017 3:42:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
I am not sure if Dani and magic are good at deflecting lynches or
no offense
I am horrible at driving them,
this one

I wrestle with revealing information too soon or not. If town was ready to lynch VOT but not Dani/magic, I could have shut up about them.

but killing VOT with less than an hour remaining, made me feel better.

That's also what the inside of my hed looks like.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:08:35 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:07:12 AM, Wylted wrote:
Made it easy to look like you were just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, lol.. UNGGHH it would have been so dope to have lynched you instead of Vot that DP..........

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:13:29 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:08:35 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 4/26/2017 4:07:12 AM, Wylted wrote:
Made it easy to look like you were just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, lol.. UNGGHH it would have been so dope to have lynched you instead of Vot that DP..........

It's more along the lines of if you look for evidence, you find it to support your conclusions
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:29:48 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:28:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
She wasn't ninja but she did have a ninja ability, so partial credit.
HOW DID YOU KNOW THO? And if you didn't know why did you stick to that guess?

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:34:58 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:30:20 AM, YYW wrote:
This game:

Not The Game?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 4:35:18 AM
At 4/26/2017 4:29:48 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 4/26/2017 4:28:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
She wasn't ninja but she did have a ninja ability, so partial credit.
HOW DID YOU KNOW THO? And if you didn't know why did you stick to that guess?

Read the book "blink" by Malcolm Gladwell, and learn to trust your gut, but also learn when to distrust it.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 1:00:36 PM
I did get a get I notification that my action failed... I didn't even notice. I completely forgot about it and thought my action was successful. This game was so confusing. Why the heck would Dani/Magic NK themselves? WTF?
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 1:05:32 PM

Well, to be fair, they did have no chance, and they knew going into NP3 that Sui was their only chance of victory. Between Wylted's tunneling and their fake claim, town should have lynched them in the next DP. They may have been able to avoid it, if they could have successfully steered the conversation away from theme analysis, but, with PoE due to the cop results, it was still an uphill battle for them. I don't fault them necessarily for giving up, since going into NP4 they were 95% chance going to lose, and LM has some stuff going on IRL, and Dani seemed to lose interest if LM is gone.