Jump to topic:

Best Video Games Ever

Cameron16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2017 1:56:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This will be a forum on what everyone believes the best video games of all time are, and I'm not talking about series, I'm talking about games, a specific game. Whether you're a fan of the original Pong to Super Mario Bros to Rime for the PS4. Put down your opinions for what the best video games in the world are. I'm curious.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2017 9:05:14 AM
At 5/29/2017 1:56:14 AM, Cameron16 wrote:
This will be a forum on what everyone believes the best video games of all time are, and I'm not talking about series, I'm talking about games, a specific game. Whether you're a fan of the original Pong to Super Mario Bros to Rime for the PS4. Put down your opinions for what the best video games in the world are. I'm curious.

It's an interesting form of entertain. Games can age very badly. Take what I'd call my favourite game of all time, Metal Gear Solid. Why is it my favourite game? Because it's an experience that stands out in my mind from many years ago.
However, by todays standards it's pox. The controls are clunky, the visuals are dogsh!t, the enemy AI is awful. To me, it's now unplayable.
So is the best game ever something timeless? I still enjoy side-scrolling platformer games, but the standard has gone through the roof. Why would I play Sonic the Hedgehog, when I can play Rogue Legacy? Why would I play Metal Slug when I can play Broforce?
The best games ever for me, becomes what's the best game currently.

For me, the best game currently is The Witcher 3. Wow. 140 hours spent playing and I'm only only just getting close to finishing my first playthrough and I fully intend to play through again. A beautifully crafted game.

Or it could be Hearthstone, which I've invested $1400 in over 3 years and have played thousands upon thousands of matches?

Dunno.
newstein
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2017 4:24:28 AM

I you go by the sales figures it is Minecraft by a long shot, but my personal favourite would have to be pong!
Masterful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2017 12:21:22 PM
Obviously very subjective and almost impossible to conclude the best game without looking at sales figure.

I'd have to say the Pokemon games.

This is perhaps the one game that everyone remembers playing at some point.
Satan's premium, proud to serve
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2017 10:40:34 AM
Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2....
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2017 1:16:10 PM

The Last of Us!!! And now part 2 is coming soon!!!
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2017 4:37:52 PM
Terraria.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2017 5:20:09 PM
At 9/7/2017 4:37:52 PM, Mharman wrote:
Terraria.

I would suggest The Last of Us, but it's M rated game and you aren't old enough to play it or Grand Theft Auto, you are missing out
DanielSwift
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2017 4:09:49 PM
My favorite game all in service http://www.friv4online.com... often hang out there after work and on weekends. I advise you to pay attention to a large number of games on different topics and with different genres.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2017 4:18:03 PM
At 6/9/2017 3:59:02 AM, warren42 wrote:
Modern Warfare 2, Pokemon FireRed and Emerald, NCAA Football, Guitar Hero 3, Need for Speed Carbon

Almost forgot about Super Smash Bros.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2017 4:22:01 PM
osu!
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 1:27:12 PM
At 9/8/2017 8:22:58 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
They're going to do a Shadow of the Colossus remake O.O

I don't get remakes, you essentially play the same game again with better graphics. BFD!! Do the game developers not have any more creative ideas so they just reboot games now like movies. Resident Evil remade, God of War, etc etc.

By the way how many times can they reboot Spider Man the movie, what's this now Spider Man rebooted 3 times over, c'mon developers, come up with new ideas!!!
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 7:21:28 PM
At 9/11/2017 1:27:12 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 9/8/2017 8:22:58 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
They're going to do a Shadow of the Colossus remake O.O

I don't get remakes, you essentially play the same game again with better graphics. BFD!! Do the game developers not have any more creative ideas so they just reboot games now like movies. Resident Evil remade, God of War, etc etc.

By the way how many times can they reboot Spider Man the movie, what's this now Spider Man rebooted 3 times over, c'mon developers, come up with new ideas!!!

Fair enough, but my ps2 is broken and it was one hell of a game. I'd prefer a sequel but I'll take a remake.

Spiderman is one of the few, if not the only, marvel properties Sony owns so I think we'll see a new Spiderman movie every couple years until we'd rather gouge our eyes out than see a new super hero movie. I'm halfway there.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 7:23:59 PM
At 9/5/2017 1:16:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Finished it and it was amazing.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 7:37:56 PM
At 9/11/2017 7:23:59 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

How about The Evil Within, very creepy!! and part 2 is coming out this month
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com...

Oh if you live in any of these countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), then you can't watch it b/c it's blocked in those countries for some reason.
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
newstein
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:13:45 AM
At 9/12/2017 12:03:38 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Oh if you live in any of these countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), then you can't watch it b/c it's blocked in those countries for some reason.

Man that is a lot of countries
newstein
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:14:22 AM

Also blocked in Australia aswell. lol
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:14:28 AM
At 9/12/2017 12:13:45 AM, newstein wrote:

Man that is a lot of countries

Yep. Doesn't look like it includes yours or mine though :3
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:14:51 AM
At 9/12/2017 12:14:22 AM, newstein wrote:

wut how
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
newstein
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:17:13 AM
At 9/12/2017 12:14:51 AM, Vaarka wrote:

wut how

Australia is quite notorious for this sort thing. but I just changed my location at the bottom of youtube. hax. Not all your vidoes are blocked though
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 12:33:46 AM
At 9/12/2017 12:17:13 AM, newstein wrote:
At 9/12/2017 12:14:51 AM, Vaarka wrote:

wut how

Australia is quite notorious for this sort thing. but I just changed my location at the bottom of youtube. hax. Not all your vidoes are blocked though

ye
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 9:38:50 PM
At 9/11/2017 7:37:56 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 9/11/2017 7:23:59 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

How about The Evil Within, very creepy!! and part 2 is coming out this month

I haven't tried it yet. Finally got into the Witcher 3 so that's my game for the next few weeks it looks like.
LogicalPen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2017 2:03:24 PM
I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but Bioware's 2009 Dragon age: Origins is the best game. It was a lot like Witcher (which I also love) and it had an interesting feeling of hope where hope didn't exist. You were a very powerful foe to anyone who opposed you, yet you still knew mortality (R.I.P. Duncan). It was a compelling adventure and it was fun to build your character how you wanted to. It involved many sacrifices that you and your party needed to make. In my opinion, the rest in the series are trash. 2 through inquisition didn't really require any strategy, just spammy, repetitive story and combat. Inquisition was definitely the worst in the franchise containing many game-breaking bugs and a confusing timeline. My second favorite game is Witcher, because it's the original idea for almost all RPG's. My third is the Temple of Elemental Evil. You could do so much with your character. My only problem with it is that the beginning is EXTREMELY difficult. But, yeah. I'm pretty sure that's a decent list.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2017 9:51:27 PM
At 5/30/2017 9:05:14 AM, tvellalott wrote:

It's an interesting form of entertain. Games can age very badly. Take what I'd call my favourite game of all time, Metal Gear Solid. Why is it my favourite game? Because it's an experience that stands out in my mind from many years ago.
However, by todays standards it's pox. The controls are clunky, the visuals are dogsh!t, the enemy AI is awful. To me, it's now unplayable.
So is the best game ever something timeless? I still enjoy side-scrolling platformer games, but the standard has gone through the roof. Why would I play Sonic the Hedgehog, when I can play Rogue Legacy? Why would I play Metal Slug when I can play Broforce?
The best games ever for me, becomes what's the best game currently.

For me, the best game currently is The Witcher 3.

Holy fk! The hype was real and now I'm horribly addicted to it. I'm not a huge gamer but I can not put this one down.

Wow. 140 hours spent playing and I'm only only just getting close to finishing my first playthrough and I fully intend to play through again. A beautifully crafted game.

Or it could be Hearthstone, which I've invested $1400 in over 3 years and have played thousands upon thousands of matches?

Dunno.