Total Posts:176|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Angels And Demons DP1

VelCrow
Posts: 1,509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 3:07:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Prophet's Dream
Two stars from the heavens fell,
Two shadows from the depths of hell,

Eight blank slates for angels to paint,
That demons will keep trying to taint,

Tainted art hidden by a shell,
Not broken, but no one can tell,

The demons seek the angels" death,
A drop of ink, their final breath,

In the day please put up a fight,
To save the angels from the darkness of night,

Welcome to Angels And Demons Mafia. DP1 is for discussion only and ends in 24 hours with no lynches.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 3:23:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 3:07:46 PM, VelCrow wrote:
The Prophet's Dream
Two stars from the heavens fell,
Two shadows from the depths of hell,

Eight blank slates for angels to paint,
That demons will keep trying to taint,

Tainted art hidden by a shell,
Not broken, but no one can tell,

The demons seek the angels" death,
A drop of ink, their final breath,

In the day please put up a fight,
To save the angels from the darkness of night,

Welcome to Angels And Demons Mafia. DP1 is for discussion only and ends in 24 hours with no lynches.

Note: Only Demons are not town sided.
Devilry
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 3:35:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. Warren
2. Chaos
3. Wylted
4. Forever
5. Anoid
6. Udel
7. Cosmo
8. Danielle
9. TUF
10. Devilry
11. Subeytoo
12. LikeMagic/sui
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Udel2
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 4:12:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
...and because last game i saw them play, they were fairly inactive, and I want to make sure we get a claim out of the way to figure out how to read them.
Devilry
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 4:32:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 4:12:16 PM, Udel2 wrote:
At 7/8/2017 3:35:18 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
I'm a power role.

why would you say that?

Hey you. Do you want to do some good cop/bad cop with me? Like let's say you go real hard on Anoid, push real hard for info, and probably he'll resist you, spite you, just close up... But then I come in, the hero, and I push you back, and he sees this, and he's been feeling the pressure of you even if he was able to take it, and as I push you back with my right so I'll easily draw him in (into my protection, he thinks) with the left. And then we'll make out like bandits. What you think?
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:02:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 4:40:28 PM, warren42 wrote:
Say "I" if it was made clear to you in the initial message what your role and faction were.

I had to ask him what my role and affiliation is, and he told me town but just said more will be revealed in the day phase. So basically all he said in the Day Phase is that demons are mafia, or "not town sided".
TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:05:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll be hanging with my buddy for his birthday this weekend, so my activity will be shakey the first few days. I apologize in advance for that, but I usually do make an effort to respond to everything later in bulk.
TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:32:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 5:09:59 PM, Devilry wrote:
24 hour DP is actually great.

I didn't even notice that! holy fvck, Ima need to replace out then. No way I can contribute enough in 24 hours with my work schedule.
Devilry
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:43:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 5:32:02 PM, TUF wrote:
At 7/8/2017 5:09:59 PM, Devilry wrote:
24 hour DP is actually great.

I didn't even notice that! holy fvck, Ima need to replace out then. No way I can contribute enough in 24 hours with my work schedule.

Just sit there. You don't need to be such a huge presence in the game as all that.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Udel2
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:44:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 3:07:46 PM, VelCrow wrote:

i also remember Dani saying that she does not play on weekends, so you should rethink 24 hour day phases for now, i think you will lose a lot of players that way.
Udel2
Posts: 500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 5:46:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 4:32:59 PM, Devilry wrote:
Hey you. Do you want to do some good cop/bad cop with me? Like let's say you go real hard on Anoid, push real hard for info, and probably he'll resist you, spite you, just close up... But then I come in, the hero, and I push you back, and he sees this, and he's been feeling the pressure of you even if he was able to take it, and as I push you back with my right so I'll easily draw him in (into my protection, he thinks) with the left. And then we'll make out like bandits. What you think?

i just want Anoid to claim because i am not familiar with his play style and there are not many noobs in this game, but you are hard to read, though so far i think you are town. Who do you want to vote for?
Danielle
Posts: 26,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 6:07:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 5:44:52 PM, Udel2 wrote:
i also remember Dani saying that she does not play on weekends, so you should rethink 24 hour day phases for now, i think you will lose a lot of players that way.

That is absolutely true, though I just so happened to be able to sign on now (I doubt I will be able to play much for the rest of the day or weekend - not sure yet). At the moment I lean town on warren and TUF, just based on some things they said about their questionable PM role descriptions. Mine was also a bit confusing and my role is still unclear. It's not something we typically see on DDO, and there is not a specific utility/activity outlined.

Also, I looked up my character name along with Angels & Demons and nothing really came up - at least not related to the book which I thought this game was based on (I read the book a longgg time ago). Anyway, I TR warren based on post 10 and TUF based on post 11. While TUF's comment ("I had to ask him what my role and affiliation is") sounds weird at first... cuz obviously you assume scum is in a PM with other people... my PM did not explicitly say I win with the town. I had to ask VelCrow that separately, and he confirmed.

I'm slight town on Devilry (I usually scum read him, so that's odd) because his entry comment was weird but felt town. As such I'm also slight town on Udel for picking up on that, and because he called Chaos out for his questionable declaration even though I'm sure Chaos will say he was pulling some kind of BS gambit or fishing inquiry. Null on Chaos.

I think I can read either Sui or LM at some point, so I don't feel the need to pressure them for now. I think I can read Sub later on, at least moreso than some others. I agree with pressuring Anoid for reasons Udel mentioned or Cosmo for similar reasons. However I said I was going to policy lynch Forever in the sign up thread, and I still feel strongly about doing that. I think it's important she's today's lynch. I promise I will be consistent about this in every game going forward, and I said that in the sign ups before knowing my affiliation. So although I'd like to pressure (in this order) Anoid or Cosmo (toss up) or Chaos - I'm going to vtl Forever. I think she should be killed, but if you want to pressure for role claims I'll get on the Anoid wagon. However with a 24 hour day phase, that doesn't seem useful.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 6:21:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think i wasn't clear earlier. DP1 is for discussions only. There will be NO LYNCHING in DP1 and DP1 will end in 24 hours. Subsequent DPs will last 72 hours before majority lynch and 96 hours before plurality lynch.
Devilry
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 7:37:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 6:21:41 PM, VelCrow wrote:
I think i wasn't clear earlier. DP1 is for discussions only. There will be NO LYNCHING in DP1 and DP1 will end in 24 hours. Subsequent DPs will last 72 hours before majority lynch and 96 hours before plurality lynch.

Ouch.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 7:53:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 6:21:41 PM, VelCrow wrote:
I think i wasn't clear earlier. DP1 is for discussions only. There will be NO LYNCHING in DP1 and DP1 will end in 24 hours. Subsequent DPs will last 72 hours before majority lynch and 96 hours before plurality lynch.

Good to know inactives don't have any incentive to talk dp1. What the purpose of a discussion only day phase? Might as well have just started in the night phase. I assume there are few mafia as well since they get first kill.
Chaos88
Posts: 4,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 8:50:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
To varying degrees, I am town reading everyone who has posted so far. Very strong on Warren and Udel, fairly strong on Dani and TUF. Slight on badger.

Dani, this is not based on the book. The mod said this during sign-ups, and it is likely to be a clusterfvck of a game (i.e. unique mechanics or some such BS).

At this point, I think full claims from a few players would be swell, although I'd like to hold of on Anoid. I'd prefer Wylted and Forever.
Chaos88
Posts: 4,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 8:51:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Also, I'll be holding back, similar to last game. And, similar to last game, my head won't be wholly in this game, so my reads may not be that good.
Anoid
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 9:43:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 4:12:07 PM, Udel2 wrote:
...and because last game i saw them play, they were fairly inactive, and I want to make sure we get a claim out of the way to figure out how to read them.

This is because I was still in school and worked in the evenings. Literally had no time to read through stuff and make decent contributions. I made this comment on some post and said I'm going to start playing again once the summer started, which it has. So, I will not be inactive this time.
Anoid
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 9:51:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Okay, so I see a good bit of people want my role. (For good reason too. I was expecting my previous games to have an impact on how people treat me this game.) My only question at the moment is if you guys want my role this DP or next, since this is an only a discussion and we can't lynch our suspects?
Forever23
Posts: 1,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 10:08:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 9:51:04 PM, Anoid wrote:
Okay, so I see a good bit of people want my role. (For good reason too. I was expecting my previous games to have an impact on how people treat me this game.) My only question at the moment is if you guys want my role this DP or next, since this is an only a discussion and we can't lynch our suspects?

Did mod clearly state your role?
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
Anoid
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 10:16:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 10:08:39 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 7/8/2017 9:51:04 PM, Anoid wrote:
Okay, so I see a good bit of people want my role. (For good reason too. I was expecting my previous games to have an impact on how people treat me this game.) My only question at the moment is if you guys want my role this DP or next, since this is an only a discussion and we can't lynch our suspects?

Did mod clearly state your role?

Not exactly. I think I get most of it, I'm just trying to clarify on some things.
Forever23
Posts: 1,784
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 10:27:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 10:16:01 PM, Anoid wrote:
At 7/8/2017 10:08:39 PM, Forever23 wrote:
At 7/8/2017 9:51:04 PM, Anoid wrote:
Okay, so I see a good bit of people want my role. (For good reason too. I was expecting my previous games to have an impact on how people treat me this game.) My only question at the moment is if you guys want my role this DP or next, since this is an only a discussion and we can't lynch our suspects?

Did mod clearly state your role?

Not exactly. I think I get most of it, I'm just trying to clarify on some things.

Same. I got some kind of paragraph but I dont get what it means
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
CosmoJarvis
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 11:50:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hey everyone. So, I've been reading the chat thusfar, and I don't have any solid reads on anyone. Though, that might be because of the confusion surrounding what their roles actually are. I believe I understand the role I possess, though I am not completely certain.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
CosmoJarvis
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2017 11:54:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/8/2017 3:07:46 PM, VelCrow wrote:
The Prophet's Dream
Two stars from the heavens fell,
Two shadows from the depths of hell,

Eight blank slates for angels to paint,
That demons will keep trying to taint,

Tainted art hidden by a shell,
Not broken, but no one can tell,

The demons seek the angels" death,
A drop of ink, their final breath,

In the day please put up a fight,
To save the angels from the darkness of night,

I assume that the first two verses of the poem suggest that there are two "shadows," or what I believe to be the demons, and two "stars from heaven" or angels.
The third verse says that there are "eight blank slates" which I assume to be the neutral party of eight townies.

Basically, from what the poem says, there will be two angels, two demons, and eight town members.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3