Jump to topic:

Angels And Demons DP2

VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 2:03:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
A crowd gathers in front of the Cafe de Cesare. Whispers and rumours float among the people gathered behind the yellow tape. The CSI in the cafe looks around, stumped by the scene. Blood, gore, burnt marks and white feathers lie around in a jumbled mess. Strange thing is, non of the kitchen utensils 2 feet away were affected. What could possibly have happened?

Died in the night : Cosmo

You are an Angel. Both you and your partner were sent down to cleanse town of the Demons that rose from darkness. Both of you are the last hope of town, but it takes time before you can reach your full strength. So you have chosen to hide within one whom you feel the goodness in their heart, and thus has chosen to reside within Alfred Cesare, a young chef who fell in love with this seaside town.

Living Players
1. Warren
2. Chaos
3. Wylted
4. Forever
5. Anoid
6. Udel
7. Danielle
8. TUF
9. Devilry
10. Subutai
11. LikeMagic/sui

This DP will last between 72 - 96 hours.
Lynch will not happen before 72 hours.
Lynch will only occur with full votes after 72 hours.
Plurality Lynching will be in effect if full votes aren't achieved after 96 hours.
Plurality Lynching will not consider votes that happened after 96 hours (even if mod has yet to confirm end of DP).
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 2:48:00 AM
At 7/11/2017 2:10:32 AM, warren42 wrote:
Why was Cosmo killed? Wtf?

Because he was an angel, perhaps? He was obviously town :)

VTL LM/Sui

Why are you voting yourself?
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 3:03:41 AM
I have a feeling no one visited me last night. Sucks to your ass-mar.

Did anyone have anything happen to them in the night, good or bad?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 3:50:58 AM
At 7/11/2017 2:48:00 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

Because he was an angel, perhaps? He was obviously town :)

VTL LM/Sui

Why are you voting yourself?

I'm going through what I missed DP1 now.

You're strong town so far, Dani is biggest scumread. Don't help her lynch us.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 4:25:34 AM
Ok I'm gonna buddy TUF for now. Him being the first person to admit his PM didn't indicate affiliation gives him enough town fred for me to start building a town block around him. There's no way Mafia doesn't know their affiliation, and it's too risky to be the first one to say that.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 4:46:31 AM
From my DP1 readthrough. Some last page stuff changed some of these reactions but it's past midnight now and I'm not gonna revisit this. I'll handle any criticisms or inconsistencies questioned as they come up -- consistently.

At 7/9/2017 2:57:51 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/9/2017 2:43:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
Mine did not say I was town, but not like I can Lynch you for this slip.

I've already stated my PM explicitly states I am town.
I do not want a vig to shoot Forever.
My reservations on policy lynching Forever have loosened. Wylted is town. Or was DP1, until figure out recruitment mechanic

Post #88:
At 7/9/2017 3:07:41 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
I posit mafia's wincon is to kill the angels, not necessarily have a majority.
I said the exact same thing first, in #45.

At 7/9/2017 4:00:52 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 7/9/2017 2:29:41 AM, TUF wrote:
with 12 town vs 2 scum? Angels are prob scum I think

People have seemed to have worked out the affiliation structure, but why did you originally think that angels are scum? In an angels and demons dynamic, wouldn't demons be scum?
Long story short: no.

At 7/9/2017 7:08:48 PM, Devilry wrote:
No. I'm saying that my role PM doesn't so much detail a role as a potential role; that I think the reason there's no lynch today is because there isn't really any town today. I think this day is for the angels and demons, for them to get the lay of the land for whatever reason. My character seems unconcerned so far, just going about his own business. So far he's just seen two shooting stars. There doesn't seem to be any battle between good and evil going on for him yet.
similar.
At 7/9/2017 7:12:24 PM, Devilry wrote:
I'm waiting for my role to be activated by something, understand?
I'm assuming you're inferring this, not simply relating to us what was explicated to you.

At 7/10/2017 1:15:25 AM, Devilry wrote:
She has like zero guile. It's kinda obvious lol.
You don't need guile to just say nonsense things that are misleading. She misleads. She isn't misleading people anywhere per se, she's just misleading for its own sake. No matter the faction.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 4:47:16 AM
All For Dani...elle..... I know you skim, so don't skim this.

At 7/9/2017 8:51:39 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/9/2017 7:14:25 PM, LikeMagic wrote:
So you're town it seems

Why are you assuming that Wylted is town, simply for saying he wasn't explicitly told he was town? He said that after myself and a few others (warren, TUF, possibly Anoid) confirmed that we weren't explicitly told that we were town, either. I know for sure I said it before Wylted. You seem a bit eager to "confirm" him town.
Link the posts.
inb4 these are your links
http://www.debate.org...

At 7/9/2017 8:53:26 PM, Danielle wrote:
I would guess mafia = among LM +Sui / Cosmo / Subutai, and Angels = Chaos and Forever. But we'll see.
Why would mafia kill Cosmo when such a town leader and DP1 active player (during the weekend, when you're less active) is scumreading him?

At 7/9/2017 8:55:09 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm down with lynching Forever tomorrow.
Really? You're down with lynching one of the two angels in the game as our first mislynch?

At 7/9/2017 10:38:32 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/9/2017 9:43:35 PM, LikeMagic wrote:
The reason I'm suspicious of you and Sui is that Sui randomly said he was "worried about me" based on my last performance, whereas in at least 2-3 prior games I specifically recall him saying that he was NOT worried about me. He went out of his way in all of those games to say that he did not fear my game play, and didn't consider me a player to be concerned about; that he didn't consider me among the best. I remember this because I agreed with him both (or possibly 3) times. Now for him to randomly compliment me seemed out of character, and like he was using my past performance as a reason for town to fear me (all of a sudden) as if he needed help trying to frame me at some point... buuut, I realize that's a stretch, so I said your comments would help me with the read.
Sounds like you doth protest too much.

The reason you kinda confirmed a lean-scum read is that you're trying to make it seem suspicious that I want to lynch Forever, despite town reading her and thinking she might (but she hasn't even said so...) angel. Well #1, angels might be TP
Really? Mod-confirmed the only non-town aligned faction is demons. Post #2 DP1

meaning they're scum so I have no problem lynching them. And #2, I specifically said in both the last game, the last end game, and the sign up thread for this game that I was definitely going to lynch Forever no matter what, regardless of how I read her.
That worked out well for you. A handy cover. It's not a sufficient excuse though.

I went out of my way to clarify that multiple times, specifically so it could not be read scummy
eye roll.

At 7/9/2017 11:19:40 PM, Danielle wrote:
Chaos should confirm if he's an angel.
Do you still think this?

At 7/9/2017 10:54:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/9/2017 10:43:12 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Mine didnt indicate affiliation. I literally asked mod if Im town and he said yes in the PM.
I'm considering this to be true. I asked the mod, and he said that only demons don't win with the town.

So if you weren't explicitly told you were a demon (I wasn't) I could see why you would assume that to mean you win with the town.

I therefore, too now assume I win with the town. It appears the angels either need to be protected (for having power roles) or not recruited or some ish. Either way I still don't/can't trust you, and Chaos declaring his power role plus town status was just weird. I'm fine with lynching you next DP. Do you wanna confirm/deny whether or not you are an angel and if that has significance we should be concerned about? Any reason we shouldn't lynch you?

Magic's swift calling you out as definitive scum is also a bit concerning.
I had the same reaction. Cosmo's flip changed my entire working theory.

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 4:54:47 AM
At 7/11/2017 4:47:16 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

Plurality lynching is in effect. Therefore a no-lynch isn't an option. If you were forced to lynch someone right now: who and why?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:00:14 AM
At 7/11/2017 4:54:47 AM, warren42 wrote:
At 7/11/2017 4:47:16 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

Plurality lynching is in effect. Therefore a no-lynch isn't an option. If you were forced to lynch someone right now: who and why?

Dani, for her activity level and times, her reads, and her reasonings. My other half articulated parts that I haven't, and I wrote the specific responses I wanted to.

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:07:05 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:02:54 AM, Wylted wrote:
I stand behind forever' slip.

VTL Forever

Glad we can Lynch now.

I'm down to lynch forever at DP's end. However, Cosmo's PM, though not explicit, is clear that he's town. Thoughts on that?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:08:58 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:07:05 AM, warren42 wrote:

VTL Forever

Glad we can Lynch now.

I'm down to lynch forever at DP's end. However, Cosmo's PM, though not explicit, is clear that he's town. Thoughts on that?

He is one of 2 angels. Their PMs are just different than the rest of town's I assume.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:12:24 AM

Any theories on this?

Seems like an odd choice, why not go after a stronger town player?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:20:37 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:12:24 AM, Wylted wrote:

Any theories on this?

Either his theme analysis was good or WIFOM. I doubt they realized he was an angel.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:23:08 AM

Any theories on this?

Why go for a strong player, if you can ensure a strongly read player?
I'm not lynching Forever, and suggesting it is just lazy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:26:12 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:23:08 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

Any theories on this?

Why go for a strong player, if you can ensure a strongly read player?
I'm not lynching Forever, and suggesting it is just lazy.

I didn't town read him yet. I didn't see more than a couple of people give reads on him either. Done speculating though.

If not forever than who?
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:30:00 AM
I just had an epiphany while lying in bed.....

Part of the OP DP1:
Eight blank slates for angels to paint,
That demons will keep trying to taint,

Tainted art hidden by a shell,
Not broken, but no one can tell,

The demons seek the angels" death,
A drop of ink, their final breath,

In the day please put up a fight,
To save the angels from the darkness of night,

I do not think mafia need to kill the angels to win.
I think the alien remark from the setup is stating that the angels will enable roles, and demons will disable them. It fits the poem. Obviously, the angels will fall if mafia obtains the majority.

Basically, without angels, town is all vanilla, except for me, it seems.
We can test this theory. Who has access to a role?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:33:47 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:31:14 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/11/2017 5:26:12 AM, Wylted wrote:

If not forever than who?

You or Sui. Preferably the latter.

Ehh, I always scum read Sui, if he is scum I will catch him with POE.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:35:43 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:20:37 AM, warren42 wrote:

You're kinda pissing me off, dude lol
I'm going to put you in my town block. Dani and Udel are there, as well.
Leaning town on Devil, TUF (I agree with your assessment, but it is an awful lot of assumptions you make), and Sub.
Null to town on Anoid and Forever. Most concerned about the hydra and Wylted.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:38:55 AM
Shitt, didn't realize that was a hydra. Guess I can focus on reading LM that way Sui's odd behavior doesn't throw me off.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:39:57 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:33:47 AM, Wylted wrote:

If not forever than who?

I scum read both Sui and LM individually, so even if I am wrong about one, I still have the other :)

I don't see it as a scum slip. I can see how it could be a scum slip, but I don't think it is. I'm leaning on poor word choice. I'm more concerned about her behavior than her so-called slip. She is null to me, so I won't lose sleep, but I'm not liking who is/has been pushing for the lynch.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:42:10 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:41:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
We can't even do shitt for 3 days, not even apply pressure.

I know....
Do you have a role you have access to or not? Did anything happen to you last night?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:45:26 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:39:57 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/11/2017 5:33:47 AM, Wylted wrote:

If not forever than who?

I scum read both Sui and LM individually, so even if I am wrong about one, I still have the other :)

I don't see it as a scum slip. I can see how it could be a scum slip, but I don't think it is. I'm leaning on poor word choice. I'm more concerned about her behavior than her so-called slip. She is null to me, so I won't lose sleep, but I'm not liking who is/has been pushing for the lynch.

The last sentence is stupid and gets town in trouble too much. Whether you Lynch somebody or not should be a result of their behavioral analysis (or whatever analysis brought you to suspect them) not based on how you are reading people on their wagon. Just dumb. Lynch your biggest scum reads and don't worry about who supports your decision. Maybe they support it because you read them wrong or because they are bussing. Just analyze the player.

I hate to go into theory here, but I expect the retarded analysis of Lynch wagons to determine if you should vote a scum read from noobs, not from you. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:47:41 AM
At 7/11/2017 5:42:10 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/11/2017 5:41:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
We can't even do shitt for 3 days, not even apply pressure.

I know....
Do you have a role you have access to or not? Did anything happen to you last night?

The first question nobody should be answering, not even anoid though he threatened to do so today, and nothing happened to me last night that I am aware of.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2017 5:51:37 AM

VTL Forever

Glad we can Lynch now.

I don't any longer. I think we should recognize that the mod is human. The ambiguity in my PM initially I attribute not to conscious choice but just to happenstance.

I don't feel comfortable with using PM analysis after the mod clarified in my PM.