Jump to topic:

Angels And Demons DP3

VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 2:06:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At the police station late in the evening.

Cop1 : You were seen near the Cafe de Cesare last night.
Luther : I'm just a musician sir. I sometimes get invited to play there. Other times you can find me busking at the market.
Cop1 : And you have no idea what happened to Mr Cesare?
Luther : No Sir.
Cop2 : Here Bob. Have some coffee. You too Mr Penn. We are sorry for keeping you here so long but we have no other leads on this.
Luther : Thank you sir.

Luther takes a sip and spits it out.

Cop2 : Hahahaha
Cop1 : John! You need to stop pranking everyone who walks through these doors.
Luther : It.. It burns!! Aaaaaahhh!!!
Cop1 : What in gods name??
Cop2 : Its only salt I swear!!
Luther burst into smoke and flames. There was nothing the cops could do but watch in horror.

Lynched in DP2 : Subutai

You are a demon. You have come to corrupt town and only the Angels stand in your way. You win when both Angels have been destroyed, preferably as painful as possible. You have tempted Luther Von Penn, a musician who's heart was filled with greed to do your biddings (damning his soul in the process).

Living Players
1. Warren
2. Chaos
3. Wylted
4. Forever
5. Anoid
6. Udel
7. Danielle
8. TUF
9. Devilry
10. LikeMagic/sui

This DP will last between 48 - 72 hours.
Lynch will not happen before 48 hours.
Lynch will only occur with full votes after 48 hours.
Plurality Lynching will be in effect if full votes aren't achieved after 72 hours.
Plurality Lynching will not consider votes that happened after 72 hours (even if mod has yet to confirm end of DP).
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 2:10:27 AM
Bsh has replaced Devilry

Living Players

1. Warren
2. Chaos
3. Wylted
4. Forever
5. Anoid
6. Udel
7. Danielle
8. TUF
9. Bsh
10. LikeMagic/sui
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 2:15:40 AM
Okay, so I have only had time to review some of DP1. I'll try to get to the rest of DP1 and to DP2 later tonight, but I am currently working on prepping for a live debate, which I am doing in about 1.5 hours: http://www.debate.org... That's going to be absorbing most of my attention for the time being.

I am slightly confused by the wording of my PM, and based on the transcript of my predecessor's communications with Vel, it looks like he was confused too. That's really all I can say, except that I'm functionally vanilla.
I'm a Bish.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 2:22:09 AM
At 7/16/2017 2:15:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Okay, so I have only had time to review some of DP1. I'll try to get to the rest of DP1 and to DP2 later tonight, but I am currently working on prepping for a live debate, which I am doing in about 1.5 hours: http://www.debate.org... That's going to be absorbing most of my attention for the time being.

I am slightly confused by the wording of my PM, and based on the transcript of my predecessor's communications with Vel, it looks like he was confused too. That's really all I can say, except that I'm functionally vanilla.

who are you replacing
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 3:53:30 AM
Sweet....

Nice work Wylted.

VTL TUF

I'd be willing to do Dani after that.

Forever, did anything happen to you last night?
Any changes, please report ASAP.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 3:56:43 AM
Changes:
1. Warren
2. Chaos - NP1
3. Wylted
4. Forever - NP1
5. Anoid
6. Udel
7. Danielle
8. TUF
9. Devilry - no
10. LikeMagic/sui

If my further theories are correct, this should be an interesting DP lol
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:10:26 AM
And if Dani is going to try to continue her asinine push against Forever, then I'll policy lynch her lol

I'm not getting into it again. I don't care if she said she'd do it. The relevant factor is why she wanted to policy lynch, and that reason hasn't surfaced. Ergo, the push is more anti-town than the policy was.

Also, Forever and/or LM, the purpose of the policy lynch is to illicit change from the player. I do not agree in the slightest it is ever about readability - as that is some elitism BS. My issue with the policy lynch is that the change that was requested came to fruition, so there is no reason to lynch. Further, policy lynches should NEVER be used to lynch confirmed townies. Ever.

Inactivity is where the Lannan Doctrine comes into play. That player should be the first to full claim every game, until substantial activity is provided. Failure to do so results in a lynch.

I firmly believe Anoid and Forever are town. I also highly town read Wylted. Warren and bsh1 and Udel are likely town, but I could be swayed in later DPs.

That leaves TUF, Dani, and the hydra. Probably in that order.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:28:44 AM
In case you all missed it, which you probably did - Forever's role PM and change aligned 100% with mine. Notice the specific questions I asked of her. In fact, try to remember what I said specifically about her role......it might clear up some of this confusion.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:33:46 AM
At 7/16/2017 2:06:25 AM, VelCrow wrote:

You are a demon. You have come to corrupt town and only the Angels stand in your way. You win when both Angels have been destroyed, preferably as painful as possible.

Sh!t....

You have tempted Luther Von Penn, a musician who's heart was filled with greed to do your biddings (damning his soul in the process).

Told you mafia likely had this aspect ;)

So, we know the taint has nothing to do with wincon....ergo, it must do with role. Which means angels give roles. Which means I am town. Forever is town. And whoever was targeted last night was town. Angel should not out themselves under any circumstances :/
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:40:28 AM
At 7/16/2017 4:21:59 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/16/2017 4:13:40 AM, TUF wrote:
VTL Chaos

Is Forever mod-confirmed? If so, how am I not?

Forever was not mod confirmed by her role claim. I believe she was mod confirmed because the mod suggested demons would not be permitted to replace in and then said forever would be able replace. I don't know if the mod similarly suggested you could. But regardless I do believe forever being mos confirmed town makes you clearly town.
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:43:06 AM
So was there no NK? Or was Cesar the night kill, because he doesn't appear to correspond to a player.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:44:10 AM
At 7/16/2017 4:40:28 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
VTL Chaos

Forever was not mod confirmed by her role claim. I believe she was mod confirmed because the mod suggested demons would not be permitted to replace in and then said forever would be able replace. I don't know if the mod similarly suggested you could. But regardless I do believe forever being mos confirmed town makes you clearly town.

Right, she is mod-confirmed. Her role was activated in the same way mine was. Everything that happened to her, happened to me. Ergo, I must be town.

Did you have a change in the night?
Given the wincon for mafia, I am more nervous of inactives, to be honest....This setup allows them to lay low and win far easier than otherwise possible (especially with Cosmo's death). However, perhaps demons can't kill every night. I wonder.....
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:53:05 AM
That might make sense, to be honest - mafia can't NK on even nights. Prevents an automatic win that town can't prevent, in the event both angels outted themselves.

I'd suggest the angel out themselves next DP, and we should have a strong town block. Especially if the angel fails to give a role to a player - it's like getting a guilty.

So, we just need to lynch a player who is not angel, and hope for the best.

Otherwise, mafia had no NK due to protection, but no roles outted offered that going into the NP. And it would be insane for mafia to be unable to NK both angels. So, unless the angel targeted the NK target, this is the only explanation that makes sense.
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 4:59:37 AM
At 7/16/2017 4:44:10 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 7/16/2017 4:40:28 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
VTL Chaos

Right, she is mod-confirmed. Her role was activated in the same way mine was. Everything that happened to her, happened to me. Ergo, I must be town.

I am just saying you;re not mod confirmed. You are a clear town read by virtue of behavior and interaction analysis but not mod confirmed.

The rest of the people in my town pile are Warren, Devilry(Bsh), Danielle, and Anoid in order from strongest town read to weakest town read.

That leaves Udel and TUF as potential scum

Did you have a change in the night?

I think no one should answer this.

Given the wincon for mafia, I am more nervous of inactives, to be honest....This setup allows them to lay low and win far easier than otherwise possible (especially with Cosmo's death). However, perhaps demons can't kill every night. I wonder.....

The wincon is insane and this confirms the fear I had about narrowing down who the angel is. But it could just as easily be an active. If someone is typically active they'd have to play active regardless of the winton. I am still suspicious of TUF
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 5:35:38 AM
It's getting late for me and I need to sleep. I'll check up and post tomorrow for sure. Until then, adios.
I'm a Bish.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 6:35:28 AM
At 7/16/2017 2:15:40 AM, bsh1 wrote:

You cave to peer pressure to easy joining in, but am glad you are playing. It is always a pleasure.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 6:36:49 AM
At 7/16/2017 3:53:30 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Sweet....

Nice work Wylted.

Thanks. I was scared he would flip town. I knew if he did I would get a lot of heat LOL.

VTL TUF

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 6:45:16 AM
Rereading the DP's I've added everyone but Warren and Danielle to my town list, but I will probably have to reevaluate, something feels wrong.

Danielle AI am hesitant on because she was actually a big factor in why sub got lynched.

VTL Warren
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 7:59:32 AM
All of you guys are asleep aren't you? Fvcking pvssies.

You can sleep when you have completed the blue whale challenge. Until then, live life to it's fullest.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 12:03:15 PM
At 7/16/2017 3:53:30 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Sweet....

Nice work Wylted.

VTL TUF

Yeah. I had a dream about LM and Sui. I expected some useful info on them like whether they went somewhere or something like that. But all I got was that the dream was so boring, it was like staring at a wall for hours. Worse than history class. So I'm guessing they are town? If they were demons, my dream would probably be scary or something.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 12:33:48 PM
Well I think I've read the sh*t out of this game so far.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 3:13:57 PM
At 7/16/2017 3:00:06 PM, warren42 wrote:
There was no NK. It's an inactive as scum. Gotta be.

So you are speculating udel or anoid?
Anoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 3:17:48 PM
Does anyone else think it is possible that the demons can only kill angels? The poem said taint for town, and that they try to kill the angels. Could that mean they cannot kill town members?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2017 3:17:49 PM
I don't buy inactivity was a factor otherwise the NP would have likely lasted longer, but I have a good feeling about udel, so out of the two I would more likely lynch anoid.