Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 9:00:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Rules and Notations

01. No copy and pasting your role PMs.
02. All roles were randomly assigned by number.
03. Please be tolerable toward myself and one another. Replacements at my discretion.
04. Inactivity will also be subject to replacement at the mod's discretion.
05. I will be flexible but firm regarding the ending/timing of day and night phases.

With Mikal bowing out, this will not be an RPG style game. I will post various clues and/or hints throughout the game in the Day/Night phase. Some may be straight forward, and others ambiguous/ obscure/ hidden/ riddles. I may or may not elaborate on whatever. I look forward to a good game of skilled players :) Please don't complain about balance in the end lol. I had to modify the original version of this due to slow down in Mafia activity.

Day Phase 1 requires 6 votes to lynch and will end on or around Thursday 8/3 at 9:02 AM.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 9:14:37 PM
VTL Lucky

Random VTLing
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

Bet On How Long DDO Will Last Here:
http://www.debate.org...

I hate you <3
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 9:17:53 PM
Anyway, I'm gonna VTL Forever. Though she played better last game I'd still like to pressure her DP1. If she plays well again I'll probably be willing to back off this in future games.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 9:26:01 PM
Hello all! Excited to be playing with lucky again, it's been awhile. Assuming he remembers signing up for the game, I imagine he will probably be sticking to his usual meta of not posting or contributing DP1. It's something I personally dis-agree with, but I know a couple others feel this way, and it's kind of a losing battle at this point that won't help determine his affiliation. I talked to him a couple months ago when we jumped in a game of Heroes of the Storm, and if I remember our conversation correctly he still prefers to stick to this meta.

So first things first, I am interested in people's thought's on the theme. It more or less seems pretty straight-forward, because the mod in the sign ups said it wasn't based on the classic board game of clue, but rather based on her dropping clues.

My first guess is that there may be a clue in the DP1 OP, given she suggested that some may be more obscure, and the DP1 OP seems simple enough. I am going to try and analyze wording and see if anything sticks out. Danielle is rather clever so I can see her spinning some hint off of what she is trying to make appear as a simple OP with just rules. I am also going to assume these hints are meant to benefit only town based on the wording I'll simply be posting random, pre-determined public clues / riddles / hints at the start of each day phase. The town can keep it to themselves or discuss aloud".

She specifically mentions town, and also as the informed minority, I am not sure what type of hints could really be helpful to them anyway, unless they were just blatantly unfair hints about town power roles and who might have them. That doesn't really seem likely to me. So if town are getting hints and mafia isn't, it might be safe to assume mafia might have a slight balance edge.

Many of these are unfounded theories I realize, but it's a starting point for discussion. She got her 11 players she originally designed the game to have yet still made balance changes, which is interesting.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 10:50:08 PM
Vote Lucky

He should claim ASAP. Everyone vote him, please.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 10:50:31 PM
At 7/31/2017 9:18:34 PM, warren42 wrote:

Please vote Lucky.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 10:51:25 PM
At 7/31/2017 9:26:01 PM, TUF wrote:
Hello all! Excited to be playing with lucky again, it's been awhile. Assuming he remembers signing up for the game, I imagine he will probably be sticking to his usual meta of not posting or contributing DP1. It's something I personally dis-agree with, but I know a couple others feel this way, and it's kind of a losing battle at this point that won't help determine his affiliation. I talked to him a couple months ago when we jumped in a game of Heroes of the Storm, and if I remember our conversation correctly he still prefers to stick to this meta.

He should be forced to claim on D1. If he fake-claims, we should lynch him.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 10:55:30 PM
At 7/31/2017 10:51:25 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

He should be forced to claim on D1. If he fake-claims, we should lynch him.

I'll vote him for activity I suppose.

VTL Lucky.
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 10:59:28 PM
I haven't played in a while, so I'll follow you with VTL Lucky
Stooge the Worst

#StandWithBossy

#UnbanTheCuntMan

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

"SeventhProfessor is actually a surprisingly good poster."
~Devilry

https://docs.google.com...
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 11:10:48 PM
Lucky is at L-2. It's obvious we'll get him to L-1 if necessary. He should claim in his first post.

LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 11:21:27 PM

Interesting. In the only (I think) game I played with him he was very active round one as scum and pretended that he hadn't read his role PM and didn't know his affiliation, when he actually had. But in sign ups he said definitively that he'd be reading it this time and was doing so because he expected to be less active. Which is disappointing.

So first things first, I am interested in people's thought's on the theme. It more or less seems pretty straight-forward, because the mod in the sign ups said it wasn't based on the classic board game of clue, but rather based on her dropping clues.

I like that it doesn't seem to be an actual theme game. After the extreme theming (I made up a word) of last game I need a break.

My first guess is that there may be a clue in the DP1 OP, given she suggested that some may be more obscure, and the DP1 OP seems simple enough. I am going to try and analyze wording and see if anything sticks out. Danielle is rather clever so I can see her spinning some hint off of what she is trying to make appear as a simple OP with just rules. I am also going to assume these hints are meant to benefit only town based on the wording I'll simply be posting random, pre-determined public clues / riddles / hints at the start of each day phase. The town can keep it to themselves or discuss aloud".

She specifically mentions town, and also as the informed minority, I am not sure what type of hints could really be helpful to them anyway, unless they were just blatantly unfair hints about town power roles and who might have them. That doesn't really seem likely to me. So if town are getting hints and mafia isn't, it might be safe to assume mafia might have a slight balance edge.

I could totally see scum having a balance edge. She has specifically expressed in the past to me how hard it is for scum to win on the site lately and she has been finding games town sided. Though the last few games seem to invalidate that theory. But I doubt that any edge to scum would be intentional. If anything I could see it being subconscious, because danielle is pretty thoughtful and fair.

How many scum do you think there are?
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 11:26:57 PM
At 7/31/2017 11:10:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Lucky is at L-2. It's obvious we'll get him to L-1 if necessary. He should claim in his first post.

If he gets to L-1 before he comes on I will be unvoting for us.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 11:31:19 PM
For the record, Forever is probably town, since Dani wouldn't have hindered the scum team out the gate like that. However, the Lannan rule will still be followed.

VTL Forever

FT, I thought you were not planning on being overt in the DP. Regardless, I don't want Lucky's claim. He can be read. Let's not be wasteful, shall we?
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 11:38:45 PM
At 7/31/2017 11:31:19 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
For the record, Forever is probably town, since Dani wouldn't have hindered the scum team out the gate like that.

She said slots were random. So I am not seeing the logic.

However, the Lannan rule will still be followed.

Can you tell me what the Lannan rule is? I didn't care enough about the last game to ask then.

FT, I thought you were not planning on being overt in the DP. Regardless, I don't want Lucky's claim. He can be read. Let's not be wasteful, shall we?

I asked him this same thing. lol
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:12:32 AM
For the record, Forever is probably town, since Dani wouldn't have hindered the scum team out the gate like that. However, the Lannan rule will still be followed.

VTL Forever

The Lannan Rule? And I'll claim. Im a vanilla.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

I hate you <3
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:18:37 AM
At 7/31/2017 11:38:45 PM, LikeMagic wrote:
For the record, Forever is probably town, since Dani wouldn't have hindered the scum team out the gate like that.

She said slots were random. So I am not seeing the logic.
I'm aware of what she said. I'm also aware of what she often says.

However, the Lannan rule will still be followed.

Can you tell me what the Lannan rule is? I didn't care enough about the last game to ask then.

I've explained it before ;)
Lannan was a player who had intermittent internet access, so he was often forced to claim DP1. This way, if he was inactive, he had his role claim, which back in the days before fake claims were as common, offered a presumption of being town, unless CC'd. If he was scum, then it forced a fake claim to be spent.

I asked him this same thing. lol
It shouldn't be a mystery why FT wants Lucky's claim. The problem is the same as Forever's policy lynch - it's hard to get a feel if there is further ulterior motivation.
Forever23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:25:37 AM
At 8/1/2017 12:21:46 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 8/1/2017 12:12:32 AM, Forever23 wrote:
What do you make of LM's response to me and TUF's post?

I dont think theres anything scummy or townies about it. Shes null to me.
Troll Queen Of DDO

#BetOnThett
#StandWithBossy

I hate you <3
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:29:04 AM

VTL Forever

Are you assuming Dani didn't randomize? I haven't played in one of her games before so I don't know, but I'd guess she would.

FT seems to be wanting to force Lucky to read his PM, and that's the reason he wants the claim.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:29:55 AM
By the way, once Forever materially participates in games regularly, I'll stop advocating for her claim.

Mod, did you confirm Udel's intention to play?

Lucky, are you reading your PM this DP?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 12:57:33 AM
At 8/1/2017 12:29:55 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
By the way, once Forever materially participates in games regularly, I'll stop advocating for her claim.

Like I said if she behaves the same way as last game I will stop going forward. Two is enough of a pattern for me.

^ He seemed pretty much MIA last game (at least until I died, didn't pay much attention after that)

I think there was something in sign-ups that made me think he would but it wasn't super clear. I'll check and see if I can find it in a little while.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:02:48 AM

Btw how do you feel about her claim?
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:03:18 AM
At 8/1/2017 12:57:33 AM, warren42 wrote:

Like I said if she behaves the same way as last game I will stop going forward. Two is enough of a pattern for me.

I care less about the behavior, but about the playing of the game. Last game, she didn't read. Don't read, you are of no use to town. Don't opine, you are of no use to town. As long as I believe honest effort is put in to play, I care about little else.

^ He seemed pretty much MIA last game (at least until I died, didn't pay much attention after that)

Going into the last DP, he hadn't been online for six days. It would be nice to know if it has been confirmed he will be joining us.

I think there was something in sign-ups that made me think he would but it wasn't super clear. I'll check and see if I can find it in a little while.

So, I've heard. Doesn't mean I believe him ;)
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:04:17 AM
At 8/1/2017 1:02:48 AM, warren42 wrote:

Convenient if she is scum, but I'm inclined to believe it. Again, I can see Dani making her Vanilla lol
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:06:11 AM
At 8/1/2017 1:04:17 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 8/1/2017 1:02:48 AM, warren42 wrote:

Convenient if she is scum, but I'm inclined to believe it. Again, I can see Dani making her Vanilla lol

Plus her behavior seems town.
Udel2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:06:56 AM
Sorry for my inactivity last game, work picked up. I will be active in this game but only at night because I can't get online during the day.

Why are we voting Lucky first? I don't think Ive played with him.
Udel2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2017 1:08:08 AM
TUFs post is interesting but contains a lot of fluff. He says there are probably clues in the Op but doesn't elaborate on what they could be, and seems to be posting a lot but not a lot of information.

Magic brings up a good point that roles are randomized by number, and I can confirm that because my number is listed in front of my role in my role Pm, so I don't think Chaos' comments about Forever being definite town are solid. He seems to be focusing on Forever a lot and trying to confirm her town, but it reads null to me. If Forever is scum it will be scummy, if she is town then it will read townie that he's trying to confirm her.