---The Dresden Files Mafia: D2---

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:07:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Smithers - You are ANASTASIA LUCCIO, Captain of the Wardens and one time lover to Harry Dresden. Having lost your first body to a necromancer, you're working on adapting to your new, youthful body. This body has made it harder for you to wield your magic, weakened your psychic defenses, and rendered you unable to forge more of the Wardens' enchantment-breaking swords. Your new body has handicapped you for now and left you less powerful and less useful. Therefore, you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Khaos 1 - You are DONALD MORGAN. You are kind of like Inspector Javert from Les Miserables, but perhaps a little less bone-headed. You take your task of observing Harry, ensuring that he does not violate the Seven Laws of Magic, to an absurd extreme. You frequently pop into Harry's life at random moments, often to inform him that he had broken one of the laws, had run afoul of the Doom of Damocles, and was to be summarily executed. Fortunately for Chicago, Harry, circumstance, or someone else interceded to preserve Harry's life each time. Because you are a recurring and usually unwanted visitor in Harry's life, you are the VISITOR. Each night you may choose to visit another player. Your visit does nothing to either yourself or your target. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Smithers - Anastasia Luccio, Vanilla - Town
Khaos 1 - Donald Morgan, Visitor - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Warren
TUF
LM
Vaar
Sui
Wylted
Unstob
Dani
Ford
7th
Khaos 2 (Forever)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 9:00pm, EST, on 8/20/17.

Good luck!
I'm a Bish.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:20:51 AM
DEAD PLAYERS

Smithers- Anastasia Luccio- Vanilla- Town
Chaos(1)- Donald Morgan- Visitor- Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Claims:

Vaarka- Is a carpenter (maybe hinting at character being from "carpenter family"?) (post 33, DP1)

Chaos(2)- Vanilla (post 54, dp1)

Unclaimed:

Warren
TUF
LM
sui
Wylted
Unstob
Dani
Ford
7th

List of possible roles:

1. Ascetic
2. Bodyguard
3. Bulletproof
4. Cop
5. Doctor
6. Godfather
7. Hunter
8. JOAT (composed of roles from this list)
9. Lawyer
10. Miller
11. Mimic
12. Ninja
13. Oracle
14. Paranoid Gun Owner
15. Role Cop
16. Role Stealer
17. Roleblocker
18. Serial Killer
19. Sidekick
20. Strongman
21. Tracker/Scout
22. Universal Back-Up
23. Vanilla/Goon
24. Vigilante
25. Visitor
26. Watcher/Lookout
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:21:41 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:16:18 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Damn....so hoping he was watcher, as that would have made all the sense.

Round 2:
VTL Vaarka

I get why now you were asking about a PGO, though for some reason I think it's strange you jumped to that conclusion lol
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:24:24 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:21:41 AM, TUF wrote:

I get why now you were asking about a PGO, though for some reason I think it's strange you jumped to that conclusion lol

I didn't ask about a PGO. That was Khaos1. I'm Khaos2. As such, I can't comment on whatever reason may have been held.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:25:30 AM

Round 2:
VTL Vaarka

Are you actually vanilla?
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:27:44 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:24:24 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 8/18/2017 1:21:41 AM, TUF wrote:

I didn't ask about a PGO. That was Khaos1. I'm Khaos2. As such, I can't comment on whatever reason may have been held.

Well I wasn't actually asking you a question or anything...
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:27:48 AM
For those who don't know me as a replacement, I take former lives very seriously, as a matter of game integrity.

Vaarka should be lynched. Not only did he push the wagon on his "buddy", without allowing him time to comment, he did so without ever stating an opinion on his guilt. In fact, he was hypocritical a few times last DP.

I maintain my wariness (thanks 7th) on Dani.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:28:59 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:25:30 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

Are you actually vanilla?

I am. I told you all Forever seemed town ;) (but, what do I know lol)
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:31:46 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:27:48 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
For those who don't know me as a replacement, I take former lives very seriously, as a matter of game integrity.

Vaarka should be lynched. Not only did he push the wagon on his "buddy", without allowing him time to comment, he did so without ever stating an opinion on his guilt. In fact, he was hypocritical a few times last DP.

I maintain my wariness (thanks 7th) on Dani,
I'm reading from page 7 DP1 and will post the replies I would have made then, here. I didn't get a chance to.

Any specific posts to scumread vaarka from? All of Dani's substantive stuff from Dp1 is after this so I'll read that closely.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:39:29 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:31:46 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

I'm reading from page 7 DP1 and will post the replies I would have made then, here. I didn't get a chance to.

Any specific posts to scumread vaarka from? All of Dani's substantive stuff from Dp1 is after this so I'll read that closely.

I don't like his b!tching about meta analysis, only to engage in it by presumably reading Smithers' past game. Nor do I like his agreement with Ford in meta, but not pushing for lynch nor applying pressure - as if he just wanted to let the wagon form before hopping on. Lastly, his vote itself, knowing that Smithers may come on later, and Vaarka having a similar time zone, he could have waited to vote to allow Smithers time to respond. He did not, nor did he even opine on his guilt - simply falling back on securing a lynch.

When you read Dani's entrance, note that Smithers already had votes and causes for suspicion. I don't think Dani would have gone to the lengths she did to push a mislynch, and I think she was just being dumb. Her entrance was scummy, I agree with Smithers on that, attacking everyone for anything. But, as far as her interacting and accusing Smithers, I would say that is null. Mafia trying to get a mislynch, or town trying to make an argument (that just so happened to not be based in fact). We've seen the latter form Dani before as town, so, it's null to me.

Of course, it seemed like Dani and Vaarka were protecting each other, so if Vaarka is scum, Dani moves up a notch. But, I have eyes on other players for now.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 1:42:36 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:39:29 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

I don't like his b!tching about meta analysis, only to engage in it by presumably reading Smithers' past game. Nor do I like his agreement with Ford in meta, but not pushing for lynch nor applying pressure - as if he just wanted to let the wagon form before hopping on. Lastly, his vote itself, knowing that Smithers may come on later, and Vaarka having a similar time zone, he could have waited to vote to allow Smithers time to respond. He did not, nor did he even opine on his guilt - simply falling back on securing a lynch.

When you read Dani's entrance, note that Smithers already had votes and causes for suspicion. I don't think Dani would have gone to the lengths she did to push a mislynch, and I think she was just being dumb. Her entrance was scummy, I agree with Smithers on that, attacking everyone for anything. But, as far as her interacting and accusing Smithers, I would say that is null. Mafia trying to get a mislynch, or town trying to make an argument (that just so happened to not be based in fact). We've seen the latter form Dani before as town, so, it's null to me.

Of course, it seemed like Dani and Vaarka were protecting each other, so if Vaarka is scum, Dani moves up a notch. But, I have eyes on other players for now.
lol, I was just writing part of my response to ask what you thought about Dani PRESSURING Vaarka DP1.... I guess I will see them protecting one another later. Otherwise, yes, in light of Smithers being town Dani's pressure on Smithers for the reasons she gave does seem not like something scum Dani would do.

What do you think of Ford?

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 2:20:50 AM
At 8/15/2017 1:33:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/13/2017 8:02:43 PM, Forever23 wrote:
Im vanillla

FOSing this post. Forever skated by last game simply by asserting she was vanilla on DP1, and everyone accepted it or just moved on without second thought (before the clues about having potentially 3 vanillas in the game). If I were scum with Forever, I would absolutely have her claim vanilla on DP1 knowing people most likely would ignore it and not expect her to say/do anything else. It's the perfect safe/fake claim and I maintain we lynch her if she isn't active.
Interested in your reads on Khaos going forward, since he's standing by the vanilla claim.... lol, I wouldn't have put it past Forever to fake claim vanilla DP1 as Town, even unbeckoned. So.

At 8/15/2017 1:29:01 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/13/2017 3:33:43 PM, Smithereens wrote:
when you read Dani could you inform what group your character is a part of?
Why?
So we can get a handle on the theme, since it's quite possible it's more than just "demons vs light" (Like Schindler's List)

At 8/15/2017 1:37:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/15/2017 1:36:31 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Dani is taking advantage of the little things to create suspicion. I would say getting a claim from her is a good direction this Dp. Too much reaching.
Doesn't seem too reachy to me, tbh.
Smithers is suspicious of Dani, Vaarka defending... is this what you're thinking about khaos?

Im vanillla

FOSing this post. Forever skated by last game simply by asserting she was vanilla on DP1, and everyone accepted it or just moved on without second thought (before the clues about having potentially 3 vanillas in the game). If I were scum with Forever, I would absolutely have her claim vanilla on DP1 knowing people most likely would ignore it and not expect her to say/do anything else. It's the perfect safe/fake claim and I maintain we lynch her if she isn't active.
Interested in your reads on Khaos going forward, since he's standing by the vanilla claim.... lol, I wouldn't have put it past Forever to fake claim vanilla DP1 as Town, even unbeckoned. So.

At 8/15/2017 1:47:04 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 8/15/2017 1:42:11 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/15/2017 1:41:02 AM, Smithereens wrote:
If 5 posts with implicit scum attitude as an entry isn't reaching then lol idk what is. It could be her trying to make up for her absence or it could be her trying to cast shade on innocuous posts.
Which posts are you referring to?

The ones at the top of the page.
http://www.debate.org...
I can see this.

I don't know why this is scummy

Agreed. Seems obvious.

I don't scumread this. I immediately agreed with her when I read this.

Note how Khaos outed his character, and I actually didn't, but she takes issue with me outing my character and no mention of Khaos.
Khaos is town though. So I don't know why she would be scum for this unless Khaos were her scummate.

Then note how she challenges you to justify your RVS vote.
Then note how she creates a scum theory for a vanilla claim
It's forever tho.

These are all things to be worried about.

Also Khaos, this points against a Dani+Vaarka scumteam, if Dani's pressuring Vaarka, mm?

At 8/15/2017 2:18:42 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:06:13 AM, ford_prefect wrote:

I'm FOSing TUF. His posts feel light, fluffy and jokey. So does Smithers (not sure if that's his meta, but I know it's not TUFs town meta)
He was town last game and I and others had at least a handful of times critiqued him for it....

At 8/15/2017 2:19:10 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Why Dani would you want a role claim from me on the basis that I've outed my character?
This does seem suspicious, given the reasoning. However, I think I will sheep Khaos as I TR him and lay off of dani until we have more to go off of

At 8/15/2017 2:26:38 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Not to be "that guy", but has anyone ever noticed that scum often will reply to someone by making a new post rather than a reply?

...or is that just me?
I mean, I do that when making composite reply posts. But I still quote the person. Just don't hit "reply" button. I don't notice scum replying without quoting more often than not.

At 8/15/2017 2:23:02 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:13:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "literally a scum,"
"You are literally a scum that will do X" he meant. Like "As Role X, you will do Y."

"You are literally a goaltender who will dive for every save." aka "When you play goaltender you are the type who will dive for every save." It wasn't an insult.

This is completely irrelevant to the game, but he wasn't calling you scum as a person.

At 8/15/2017 2:23:02 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:13:36 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "literally a scum,"
"You are literally a scum that will do X" he meant. Like "As Role X, you will do Y."

"You are literally a goaltender who will dive for every save." aka "When you play goaltender you are the type who will dive for every save." It wasn't an insult.

This is completely irrelevant to the game, but he wasn't calling you scum as a person.

At 8/15/2017 2:38:47 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
By the way Wylted, here is why it's hardly retarded, and why you're being a dumbass.

(Dani, that was three years ago lol)

Oh, and Wylted, you were in that game....

Vaarka, here's an example of town not replying to the post they're replying to.
Khaos, as such, I don't know what Wylted said that this is a reply to

---
oh my it's tiresome reading Smith and Dani go back and forth...
---

At 8/15/2017 3:58:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:10:13 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Refusal to cast your vote even though you agree with suspicions, mainly. I don't see you taking a stand. In fact, it seems like you are pre-empting "told you so"s.
I missed this. If you can easily do this please reference posts he has done this in
I don't understand how this is ever scummy. Not being in a wagon doesn't erase the fact that you pushed for a mislynch. If FT had orchestrated Udel's lynch in the last game as he did and Udel was town, I wouldn't have forgotten merely because he wasn't on the wagon.

What's weirder is that people still threw suspicion on it even tho Udel was scum. Like what??

At 8/15/2017 4:01:38 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:11:56 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 8/15/2017 2:04:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Actually I am pretty curious as to why you VTL'd me
Refusal to cast your vote even though you agree with suspicions, mainly. I don't see you taking a stand.
Given I usually don't throw my VTL around, I didn't really think to do so. If I think someone is definite scum, I'll VTL someone, or if I want to pressure them. Otherwise I'm usually pretty neutral about it.
So if you don't have absolute certainty you refuse to vote?

That sounds ridiculous and you need to elaborate on what happened and your thoughts
I have done the same thing.....very often. as town.

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 2:37:17 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:23:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Out of the people on smithers wagon, I suspect dani the most. VTL dani.

^
I don't have specific posts that cause suspicion but in general she has been a lot more defensive than other games I have played with her. Need to vet her posts last round before I start a small wagon with another vtl.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 2:38:29 AM

23 also did this toward the end of the round causing a hammer as Warren pointed out.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 2:44:06 AM
At 8/18/2017 2:38:29 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

23 also did this toward the end of the round causing a hammer as Warren pointed out.

I'm aware. But, it was expected from Forever. Vaarka is not Forever. Vaarka knows Smithers well. That is a material difference. The issue at hand is: is Vaarka's lust for a DP1 lynch so great as town that he would help push a wagon his friend is on (who cited suspicion at one point of him) before said friend could claim or otherwise defend? He even stated explicitly that Smithers is on the other side of the world than most of the players, so he knows full well he and Smithers could be on at the same time. It was premature, and after it was posited Smithers was watcher.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 3:01:26 AM
At 8/18/2017 1:42:36 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

What do you think of Ford?

Seems fine for now. His entrance seemed townie, and his reason for voting was corraboratted.

As far as Vaarka and Dani, perhaps I missed or forgot any pushing. However, an early push that goes nowhere is not indicative of anything, especially if mafia can ensure it goes nowhere. After all, most of us know that Dani doesn't generally play on weekends, and Dani came out swinging.

At 8/18/2017 2:20:50 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Im vanillla

....or, he's town and doing exactly what he did as town before. At best, it should be seen as null, not suspicious.

Also Khaos, this points against a Dani+Vaarka scumteam, if Dani's pressuring Vaarka, mm?

She didn't pursuit it, nor seemed interested when asked later.

At 8/15/2017 2:38:47 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
By the way Wylted, here is why it's hardly retarded, and why you're being a dumbass.

(Dani, that was three years ago lol)

Oh, and Wylted, you were in that game....

Vaarka, here's an example of town not replying to the post they're replying to.
Yeah, it's player (if not mode) specific.

Khaos, as such, I don't know what Wylted said that this is a reply to
Him talking about me looking for my role in the list. I referenced a game I played where, guess what, my role wasn't in the list (I think another's wasn't as well).

---
oh my it's tiresome reading Smith and Dani go back and forth...
---

At 8/15/2017 3:58:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
Refusal to cast your vote even though you agree with suspicions, mainly. I don't see you taking a stand. In fact, it seems like you are pre-empting "told you so"s.
I missed this. If you can easily do this please reference posts he has done this in
I don't understand how this is ever scummy. Not being in a wagon doesn't erase the fact that you pushed for a mislynch. If FT had orchestrated Udel's lynch in the last game as he did and Udel was town, I wouldn't have forgotten merely because he wasn't on the wagon.

What's weirder is that people still threw suspicion on it even tho Udel was scum. Like what??

I have been, numerous times, told that my stated intention for voting scum, but failure to do so, is not evidence of scum. It can be seen as delaying the DP in hopes something comes along to switch wagons.

Imagine I say X is scum, but don't ever vote for X for two DPs. Do I really want to lynch X? If I don't want to lynch him, why?

The issue with Vaarka is that he agreed with Ford that Smithers was scum, but didn't do anything with this agreement. No vote, no pressure, no interrogation. Instead, he started to complain about meta analysis and how DP1 has bad analysis. To me, this sounds like someone who wants to appear in agreement with a lynch, without actually lynching.

Refusal to cast your vote even though you agree with suspicions, mainly. I don't see you taking a stand.
Given I usually don't throw my VTL around, I didn't really think to do so. If I think someone is definite scum, I'll VTL someone, or if I want to pressure them. Otherwise I'm usually pretty neutral about it.

That sounds ridiculous and you need to elaborate on what happened and your thoughts

Except, you vote for pressure, too. If he thought Smithers was acting as DP1 scum, why not add his vote to increase pressure, to get a full claim or whatever. He did nothing at that time. In fact, he added his vote when Smithers wasn't on.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 4:43:03 AM
Ok so not a great start. I really did think Smith was playing counter to the town meta I recall seeing...

However we do have a NK plus the mislynch wagon to go off. I'm going to read Khaos1's posts to see who he was scumreading and then checking that against the players who hopped onto the Smith wagon without giving good reasons. I'd ask that others do the same, so we can compare lists.

Also, my character is not a person, and I did not visit anyone last night.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 8:29:48 AM
At 8/18/2017 3:01:26 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 8/18/2017 1:42:36 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

I have been, numerous times, told that my stated intention for voting scum, but failure to do so, is not evidence of scum. It can be seen as delaying the DP in hopes something comes along to switch wagons.

Imagine I say X is scum, but don't ever vote for X for two DPs. Do I really want to lynch X? If I don't want to lynch him, why?

The issue with Vaarka is that he agreed with Ford that Smithers was scum, but didn't do anything with this agreement. No vote, no pressure, no interrogation. Instead, he started to complain about meta analysis and how DP1 has bad analysis. To me, this sounds like someone who wants to appear in agreement with a lynch, without actually lynching.

But then why would that still make you suspicious of Vaarka when Smithers flips town?? Especially when he'd end up voting later? If anything if he intended to lynch town then he'd want the groundwork of a vote accompanying his early reasoning right?

Anyway, Smithers was L-3 when voted, hardly a quickhammer.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 8:48:20 AM

Please don't. That is retarded. The lynch and sleeping on our thoughts has probably changed people's thinking radically so you are responding to things people no longer give a shitt about and it's dumb.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 8:54:49 AM

Stop, it's retarded
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 9:12:06 AM

Round 2:
VTL Vaarka

Dude, I updated my signature. Please do the right thing. People have a right to know. http://www.debate.org...
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 12:20:26 PM
At 8/18/2017 9:12:06 AM, Wylted wrote:

Round 2:
VTL Vaarka

Dude, I updated my signature. Please do the right thing. People have a right to know. http://www.debate.org...

WTF Wylted.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.