Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:06:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 1/27/2013 7:04:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 1/27/2013 6:53:33 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ok not only is the theory that one experienced player must be mafia invalid because of role randomization. Even if Bull wasnt being entirely truthful, you have to figure that Drafterman is also helping out with this game too. Its very possble he is serving as a sort of "mafia advisor" and this makes the theory of one experienced player having to bemafia invalid as well. Saavy?

How do you know drafter is helping out?

The "Mass Pm" Herp Derp. You did actually look and see everyone who is included in it right? him and Mestari are actually included in it and arent players. TUF was included from the beginning as well, but he is becoming a player most likely, so i find it unreasonable to surmise he is acting as a "mafia advisor."
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:08:44 PM
I do find it reasonable to surmise one of the experienced non players in that PM is acting as an advisor to the entire mafia team. It is something that has been done before.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:14:44 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:04:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 1/27/2013 6:53:33 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
Ok not only is the theory that one experienced player must be mafia invalid because of role randomization. Even if Bull wasnt being entirely truthful, you have to figure that Drafterman is also helping out with this game too. Its very possble he is serving as a sort of "mafia advisor" and this makes the theory of one experienced player having to bemafia invalid as well. Saavy?

How do you know drafter is helping out?

Because he is whispering sweet nothings in Budda's ear in the mafia pm.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:16:03 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:14:44 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Because he is whispering sweet nothings in Budda's ear in the mafia pm.

Sounds about right /endsarcasm
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:18:46 PM
Lesson for Noobs
One of the things players like to do is hyper analyze every single thing. In Mafia, there are no mistakes, just slips, lies, and damned, dirty, ape lies. Everything happens for a reason and there are only two reasons in mafia: A) The players involved are Mafia; and/or B) The Mod is screwing with everyone. Nothing happens for an innocent, neutral, or non-trivial reason.

Ex: Player died in the night but the mod forgot to take them off of the player list? Well, obviously the player is still alive and has become some sort of third party zombie.

Ex: Mod uses slightly, minuscule, marginally different wording in a few people's PM's (or, god forbid, makes a god-damned typo)? The player is making the fakiest of fake claims. Is probably a super SK that can make 5 kills a night, then resurrect those players into a cult PM.

Ex: Player accidentally paraphrases their role PM wrong? See above.

Etc. Etc.

In short, no, I am not involved in this game, one way or the other. I imagine that Bull included me on the PM since he was already conferring with me about the game to begin with, probably in order to avoid my Holy Mighty Wrath(tm) by running a beginner game. If he wishes for me to participate in any fashion, he has not expressed that to me.

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:25:36 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:18:46 PM, drafterman wrote:
Lesson for Noobs
One of the things players like to do is hyper analyze every single thing. In Mafia, there are no mistakes, just slips, lies, and damned, dirty, ape lies.

This just confirms the statement below is a lie... I KNEW IT VTL DRAFTERMAN

In short, no, I am not involved in this game, one way or the other.

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:26:23 PM
Lesson for Noobs
One of the things players like to do is hyper analyze every single thing. In Mafia, there are no mistakes, just slips, lies, and damned, dirty, ape lies. Everything happens for a reason and there are only two reasons in mafia: A) The players involved are Mafia; and/or B) The Mod is screwing with everyone. Nothing happens for an innocent, neutral, or non-trivial reason.

Ex: Player died in the night but the mod forgot to take them off of the player list? Well, obviously the player is still alive and has become some sort of third party zombie.

Ex: Mod uses slightly, minuscule, marginally different wording in a few people's PM's (or, god forbid, makes a god-damned typo)? The player is making the fakiest of fake claims. Is probably a super SK that can make 5 kills a night, then resurrect those players into a cult PM.

Etc. Etc.

In short, no, I am not involved in this game, one way or the other. I imagine that Bull included me on the PM since he was already conferring with me about the game to begin with, probably in order to avoid my Holy Mighty Wrath(tm) by running a beginner game. If he wishes for me to participate in any fashion, he has not expressed that to me.

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON.

Thanks Drafter. I included you and some of the others hoping that, in the event that I am not able to log in when a new player has a question, you and the vets could answer it for them. It seems the few players I was most hopeful would log in and learn have not been online tonight.... Either way, thanks Drafterman.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:27:50 PM
VTL FT, for continually using the words sheep, and still not explaining the meaning of this ridiculous word to me.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:28:18 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:26:23 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
Lesson for Noobs

Etc. Etc.

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON.

Thanks Drafter. I included you and some of the others hoping that, in the event that I am not able to log in when a new player has a question, you and the vets could answer it for them. It seems the few players I was most hopeful would log in and learn have not been online tonight.... Either way, thanks Drafterman.

Sure, I'd be more than happy to. I generally spy in on all the games anyway.

YES I'M WEARING PANTS
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:29:45 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:28:18 PM, TUF wrote:
Unvote. Whats up guys.

KFC
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:30:58 PM
Lesson for Noobs

Lol, so true.

This too.

Etc. Etc.

THUS ENDETH THE LESSON.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:35:48 PM
Well, we normally pick on the noobs, but seeing as this is NOOB game, let's go for one of the experienced members for pressure for a change. Why not?

VTL Buddamoose for a claim!

Oh god, here we go into the shark pit of long flaming battle!

Also I agree that it would seem likely that one mafia member will be experienced, while two will be noobs. I think that's how most mods would direct this thing. Give the noobs some experience as mafia, but have someone who's been around for a while help them out. TBH, I think Budda or FT would both equally be good candidates, but for the sake of randomosity, I am selecting budda.

We'll see how this goes.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:37:15 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:27:50 PM, TUF wrote:
VTL FT, for continually using the words sheep, and still not explaining the meaning of this ridiculous word to me.

I have seen this in a few games and just assumed it was an inside joke between you guys....

He's saying sheep as in follow blindly with no objections... Again, sorry if I don't get the running joke but it's like the story about lemmings jumping off of a cliff so the others follow and jump off. It really happens with sheep, if one jumps down a ridge trying to get to water and gets stuck in the mud, you go out in the pasture the next morning and you've got a fvckload of sheep in the mud. I've been there, it sucks.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:37:46 PM

VTL TUF cause he's pretending like he doesn't know how to use a dictionary. Plus, even the dumbest of dumb players can figure out what it means from context alone.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:39:13 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:37:15 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

I have seen this in a few games and just assumed it was an inside joke between you guys....

He's saying sheep as in follow blindly with no objections... Again, sorry if I don't get the running joke but it's like the story about lemmings jumping off of a cliff so the others follow and jump off. It really happens with sheep, if one jumps down a ridge trying to get to water and gets stuck in the mud, you go out in the pasture the next morning and you've got a fvckload of sheep in the mud. I've been there, it sucks.

If a sheep falls and dies, do other sheep follow even after seeing their dead comrade?
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:40:32 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:35:48 PM, TUF wrote:
Well, we normally pick on the noobs, but seeing as this is NOOB game, let's go for one of the experienced members for pressure for a change. Why not?

VTL Buddamoose for a claim!

Oh god, here we go into the shark pit of long flaming battle!

Also I agree that it would seem likely that one mafia member will be experienced, while two will be noobs. I think that's how most mods would direct this thing. Give the noobs some experience as mafia, but have someone who's been around for a while help them out. TBH, I think Budda or FT would both equally be good candidates, but for the sake of randomosity, I am selecting budda.

We'll see how this goes.

TUF is such a pro, look at him pretend not to know what sheeping is, then proceed to sheep like it ain't no scummy thing.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:40:46 PM
I've already said there is no way in hell i'm claiming. Keep trying, wont work
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:41:18 PM
FT do you have a sense of humor?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:41:47 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:39:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
If a sheep falls and dies, do other sheep follow even after seeing their dead comrade?

LMAO. Seriously.

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:41:58 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:41:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Or maybe i'm the one not picking up on the humor in your posts... Hmmmm
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:42:24 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:41:18 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:42:51 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:41:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

LMAO. Seriously.

In soviet Russia, you sheep follow YOU
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:44:20 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:37:46 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

VTL TUF cause he's pretending like he doesn't know how to use a dictionary. Plus, even the dumbest of dumb players can figure out what it means from context alone.

You've turned into a real d1ck.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:44:53 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:42:51 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/27/2013 7:41:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

LMAO. Seriously.

In soviet Russia, you sheep follow YOU

Wait no, let me try this again,

"in Soviet Russia, the cliff follow sheep"

Meh, i give up
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:46:21 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:37:15 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:

They are really dumb animals. I would say i've never seen a bunch of them kill themselves but I've never really lived on a cliff... I think the stuuck in the mud example is evidence that it's possible they could mass-suicide given the right conditions :P
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 7:51:33 PM
At 1/27/2013 7:46:38 PM, TUF wrote:
In soviet russia, Cliff jump of sheep.

Thats how it shouldve gone!!! *raucous laughter*
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.