Total Posts:157|Showing Posts:91-120|Last Page
Jump to topic:

BEGINNERS 13.2 - Day Phase 2

THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:23:03 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 12:53:27 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 12:49:05 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 12:43:53 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 12:19:46 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/6/2013 10:21:36 PM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
Before someone hammers I would still like to hear if FT counterclaims TSH. If not I say we lynch FT before the phase is over. We can't afford a no lynch.

Unvote...

Waiting for FT.

This is super towny. It is the opposite of what THEVIRUS did. Chubby is unvoting because he wants to make sure no one hammers. This is super pro-town.

Notice how THEVIRUS unvotes AFTER chubby does. THEVIRUS is basically just following Chubby's lead, trying to make sure he doesn't come under any suspicion. This is a slam-dunk lynch guys on THEVIRUS. I'm now as confident as I can be about it.

Simple solution: we lynch nobody. The odds are that we make a mistake if we do. However, you have claimed vigilante. If this is true, then kill THEVIRUS. If the kill goes through, and you are correct, then we win. If not, then we know to determine between two alternatives: either you lied and we ought to suspect you, or you were role-blocked, which can be established by asking around and seeing who else had their actions go through. Depending on which situation enfolds we lynch either you or THEVIRUS next round. The worst case scenario is that you kill him and he ends up being town, which would be no worse than a mislynch, and we'd just have more information (namely your innocence) to go by.

If both FT and the virus are town, then NL results in a town loss. So, we might as well vote to lynch THEVIRUS now instead of waiting.

If both are town then lynching one of them is an even worse idea than abstaining from lynching, as it would be a mislynch. That's my point: my scheme will establish more information about our two top suspects while also avoiding a mislynch.

VTNL
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:23:31 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:21:15 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:20:45 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
We reached three votes for VTNL a ways back... so I'm pretty sure this phase ended then (Tsh, FT, and I). Or does drafterman have to pop in to verify that?

The votes were not bolded.

Nevermind; misread.
~tsh
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.
~tsh
ChubbyFatz
Posts: 259
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:25:02 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:18:49 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Whatever, you guys are fvcking retarded. I'm town. You guys are idiots. Lynch THEVIRUS tomorrow.

It went from not giving a care about this game to this?

Someone is getting pissed.

Drafter has to take the FT lynch because there were unvotes think this happened last game too or last day phase something.

Anyway hope no one unvotes this.
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:25:24 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

Or both, in which case, gg.
~tsh
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:25:34 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:19:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Just notice how hard THEVIRUS is trying to not let a VTNL happen. He knows he's screwed. GG.

The way it sounded I was screwed anyways, so why not try and do one last deed for my town before I get lynched (< that last part is not so smart)
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:26:04 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

I agree. If you and chubby both use your abilities on THEVIRUS we can deductively figure this mess out next period quite easily no matter who is killed.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:26:52 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
I can't even tell which one of you guys is scum anymore, you're all so bad at this game lol.

Just so you know, the fact that I cast suspicion on people in hypothetical situations does not mean I actually think those people are scum. I never said Skep is scum. I said it was only possible if certain night-actions occurred.

For the record, I'm town as fvck if any of you guys care to actually analyze my behaviors. I didn't want to point out what is so town about me in the game cause I wanted you guys to figure things out for yourself but here's a major town tell:

I started attacking THEVIRUS when he was about to hammer me. That was a death wish. It was begging THEVIRUS to hammer me. I didn't care because I knew if he did that he'd get lynched when I flipped town. This was a HUGE town tell because no scum in the game would ever attack the guy who has the power to hammer him. It is just a terrible move to make as scum, tactically-speaking. It's a move scum would never make. It is TOO risky.

So some advice: when you are analyzing players behaviors, you have to look at the thought-process and the motivations behind their actions. You can't come to random conclusions because you don't like someone's logic. You especially don't lynch someone that quickly. The speed with which votes piled up is just terrible play from the townies on my lynch.

Anyway, hopefully lynching THEVIRUS or TSH tomorrow should clinch the win. This is just my recommendations for better play.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
ChubbyFatz
Posts: 259
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:27:55 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:26:04 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

I agree. If you and chubby both use your abilities on THEVIRUS we can deductively figure this mess out next period quite easily no matter who is killed.

He could kill one and block one.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:28:33 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

Sorry didn't see it. If I had last words then at the moment I posted those were them. If there is a vigilante, just kill somebody and hope it works... I don't know I am trying to figure out how this ended. FT is still too suspicious, vigilante he should be the #1 target
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:30:17 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:26:52 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I can't even tell which one of you guys is scum anymore, you're all so bad at this game lol.

Just so you know, the fact that I cast suspicion on people in hypothetical situations does not mean I actually think those people are scum. I never said Skep is scum. I said it was only possible if certain night-actions occurred.

For the record, I'm town as fvck if any of you guys care to actually analyze my behaviors. I didn't want to point out what is so town about me in the game cause I wanted you guys to figure things out for yourself but here's a major town tell:

I started attacking THEVIRUS when he was about to hammer me. That was a death wish. It was begging THEVIRUS to hammer me. I didn't care because I knew if he did that he'd get lynched when I flipped town. This was a HUGE town tell because no scum in the game would ever attack the guy who has the power to hammer him. It is just a terrible move to make as scum, tactically-speaking. It's a move scum would never make. It is TOO risky.

So some advice: when you are analyzing players behaviors, you have to look at the thought-process and the motivations behind their actions. You can't come to random conclusions because you don't like someone's logic. You especially don't lynch someone that quickly. The speed with which votes piled up is just terrible play from the townies on my lynch.

Anyway, hopefully lynching THEVIRUS or TSH tomorrow should clinch the win. This is just my recommendations for better play.

Town: please ignore everything FT says. We can still win this. Right now, I suspect either FT or TheVirus is mafia. So, if Chubby and I target FT, FT targets TheVirus, and Skep does nothing, then we kill FT if TheVirus is alive and cop/tracker are dead/RB'd.
~tsh
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:30:20 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:26:52 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I can't even tell which one of you guys is scum anymore, you're all so bad at this game lol.

Just so you know, the fact that I cast suspicion on people in hypothetical situations does not mean I actually think those people are scum. I never said Skep is scum. I said it was only possible if certain night-actions occurred.

For the record, I'm town as fvck if any of you guys care to actually analyze my behaviors. I didn't want to point out what is so town about me in the game cause I wanted you guys to figure things out for yourself but here's a major town tell:

I started attacking THEVIRUS when he was about to hammer me. That was a death wish. It was begging THEVIRUS to hammer me. I didn't care because I knew if he did that he'd get lynched when I flipped town. This was a HUGE town tell because no scum in the game would ever attack the guy who has the power to hammer him. It is just a terrible move to make as scum, tactically-speaking. It's a move scum would never make. It is TOO risky.

So some advice: when you are analyzing players behaviors, you have to look at the thought-process and the motivations behind their actions. You can't come to random conclusions because you don't like someone's logic. You especially don't lynch someone that quickly. The speed with which votes piled up is just terrible play from the townies on my lynch.

Anyway, hopefully lynching THEVIRUS or TSH tomorrow should clinch the win. This is just my recommendations for better play.

So, just to clarify, your misguided lynching goes through even if we previously obtained three VTNL votes?
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
ChubbyFatz
Posts: 259
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:30:39 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:27:55 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:26:04 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

I agree. If you and chubby both use your abilities on THEVIRUS we can deductively figure this mess out next period quite easily no matter who is killed.

He could kill one and block one.

Future note I will not play in any games Virus plays in unless there are multiple vets and not just new people like me. No offense by the way.
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:30:58 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:30:17 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:26:52 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I can't even tell which one of you guys is scum anymore, you're all so bad at this game lol.

Just so you know, the fact that I cast suspicion on people in hypothetical situations does not mean I actually think those people are scum. I never said Skep is scum. I said it was only possible if certain night-actions occurred.

For the record, I'm town as fvck if any of you guys care to actually analyze my behaviors. I didn't want to point out what is so town about me in the game cause I wanted you guys to figure things out for yourself but here's a major town tell:

I started attacking THEVIRUS when he was about to hammer me. That was a death wish. It was begging THEVIRUS to hammer me. I didn't care because I knew if he did that he'd get lynched when I flipped town. This was a HUGE town tell because no scum in the game would ever attack the guy who has the power to hammer him. It is just a terrible move to make as scum, tactically-speaking. It's a move scum would never make. It is TOO risky.

So some advice: when you are analyzing players behaviors, you have to look at the thought-process and the motivations behind their actions. You can't come to random conclusions because you don't like someone's logic. You especially don't lynch someone that quickly. The speed with which votes piled up is just terrible play from the townies on my lynch.

Anyway, hopefully lynching THEVIRUS or TSH tomorrow should clinch the win. This is just my recommendations for better play.

Town: please ignore everything FT says. We can still win this. Right now, I suspect either FT or TheVirus is mafia. So, if Chubby and I target FT, FT targets TheVirus, and Skep does nothing, then we kill FT if TheVirus is alive and cop/tracker are dead/RB'd.

Or if cop/tracker get a guilty.
~tsh
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:32:37 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:27:55 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:26:04 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

I agree. If you and chubby both use your abilities on THEVIRUS we can deductively figure this mess out next period quite easily no matter who is killed.

He could kill one and block one.

I don't know if we are actually lynching FT. If we were he would be vigilante targeting THEVIRUS, forcing him to use his block to protect his own life. But the whole plan falls apart if you lynch him.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:33:25 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:26:52 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I can't even tell which one of you guys is scum anymore, you're all so bad at this game lol.

Just so you know, the fact that I cast suspicion on people in hypothetical situations does not mean I actually think those people are scum. I never said Skep is scum. I said it was only possible if certain night-actions occurred.

For the record, I'm town as fvck if any of you guys care to actually analyze my behaviors. I didn't want to point out what is so town about me in the game cause I wanted you guys to figure things out for yourself but here's a major town tell:

I started attacking THEVIRUS when he was about to hammer me. That was a death wish. It was begging THEVIRUS to hammer me. I didn't care because I knew if he did that he'd get lynched when I flipped town. This was a HUGE town tell because no scum in the game would ever attack the guy who has the power to hammer him. It is just a terrible move to make as scum, tactically-speaking. It's a move scum would never make. It is TOO risky.

So some advice: when you are analyzing players behaviors, you have to look at the thought-process and the motivations behind their actions. You can't come to random conclusions because you don't like someone's logic. You especially don't lynch someone that quickly. The speed with which votes piled up is just terrible play from the townies on my lynch.

Anyway, hopefully lynching THEVIRUS or TSH tomorrow should clinch the win. This is just my recommendations for better play.

Good job, making it look like you were the only one not strategic, and yet I don't even know what all the roles can do. You're trying to persuade us in hopes this DP ended with the VTNL. It seems good until you claim you played the not-so-strategic move in the noob game! Da fuq is your logic???
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
ChubbyFatz
Posts: 259
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:33:59 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
In addition I highly doubt the game would have a vig and paranoid gun owner in this same game. With the mafias kill that could end the game night 1.

I think the vig clAim is garbage.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:34:18 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:32:37 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I don't know if we are actually lynching FT. If we weren't he would be vigilante targeting THEVIRUS, forcing him to use his block to protect his own life. But the whole plan falls apart if you lynch him.

Fixed
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:35:14 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:10:12 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:08:23 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:05:35 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I think Skep's plan is probably out best option though. TSH is giving me weird vibes now, I'm not as sure about THEVIRUS anymore. He could just be acting scummy because he's a noob. Hard to tell at this point.

VTNL


Someone unvote.

Mafia can kill TSH and block me or visa versa..then what. Trust me I went over every option to see if we can have a auto win and we can't. Please unvote.

I know. I'm 99% sure FT is mafia; this is why he hammered.

Everyone look at day 1. FT is clearly mafia. He is trying to confuse this town. Don't let him.
~tsh
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:36:37 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I really hope you are mafia. First you were completely convinced that TheVirus was scum, now me. Who else do think is scum, FT? The whole town? Please at least provide a reason before calling someone scum...
~tsh
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:37:04 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:30:39 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:27:55 AM, ChubbyFatz wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:26:04 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:24:10 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:22:53 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:18:58 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:17:55 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:15:31 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:13:06 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
If the mafia kill TSH and roleblock you Chubby, then we KNOW that THEVIRUS is town because mafia THEVIRUS would need to use his ability on himself. This is the part you overlooked. In that case, I'm actually not sure who the mafia would be. I know I'm town, so probably Skep.

Skep... as in Skep who you have backed up continuously the entire game? Yet when the time is right you switch on him and might be able to get us to lynch him and you win in the end?

More against FT

These are HYPOTHETICAL situations. All it takes is CONDITIONAL reasoning.

It's over. Either you or thevirus is mafia. Either way, town wins.

Oh fuk, I am still on the chopping block. If there is a town attacker (I don't know for sure but I think vigilante can kill) then go for TSH. Skep and Chubby sound safe on that part, so TSH is my only guess.

As per my custom, if by fate I die in the night and cannot post in here next DP...

It was a great game

Chubby has vouched for me. Either TheVirus or FT is mafia.

I agree. If you and chubby both use your abilities on THEVIRUS we can deductively figure this mess out next period quite easily no matter who is killed.

He could kill one and block one.



Future note I will not play in any games Virus plays in unless there are multiple vets and not just new people like me. No offense by the way.

None taken. I am really confused as fuk but know we are all in the same boat, so I want to get my feet wet and experience some strategies. Half the stuff sounds good, but when I post it I am unsure again...

In the end, I wouldn't play with me either... I just don't have a choice :)
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:38:08 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
THEVIRUS, that's what I'm talking about. If I were scum, I would have been extremely worried that you, as a noob, would hammer me for attacking you. That's just basic scum 101. If you don't believe me, ask any experienced player around.

Ask this question: If there is only 1 remaining mafia player, would they ever vote for the person who has the power to hammer them when the town STILL has a mislynch left? I guarantee you they'd all say no. The reason is because the person could hammer as town and still know if they are wrong they get another chance the next day. Trust me, I'm more interested in teaching you guys than winning. If you are town and there is anything you take away from this game, I hope it's this. You can't just attack anyone who attacks you. You need to analyze motivations.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:38:26 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I'm starting to agree with you. Oh well, we'll have three people even if we mislynch.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:38:59 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:38:26 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I'm starting to agree with you. Oh well, we'll have three people even if we mislynch.

Why? FT is trying to confuse everyone. Please read the DP carefully.
~tsh
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:39:18 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:36:37 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I really hope you are mafia. First you were completely convinced that TheVirus was scum, now me. Who else do think is scum, FT? The whole town? Please at least provide a reason before calling someone scum...

Yes, reads change. If you don't believe me, go look over any game where I'm town and notice how my reads change.

You may not believe this but scum are the people who have the most difficulty changing their reads fluidly.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:39:30 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:38:59 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:38:26 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I'm starting to agree with you. Oh well, we'll have three people even if we mislynch.

Why? FT is trying to confuse everyone. Please read the DP carefully.

First he went after you and thevirus, then when he failed to convince me he was innocent, he targeted me. He's mafia.
~tsh
TSH
Posts: 260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 1:40:18 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
At 3/7/2013 1:39:18 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:36:37 AM, TSH wrote:
At 3/7/2013 1:33:50 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Okay, I dunno whether I'm dead or not, but if I am, I'm calling TSH as scum. So I can say I told you guys so.

I really hope you are mafia. First you were completely convinced that TheVirus was scum, now me. Who else do think is scum, FT? The whole town? Please at least provide a reason before calling someone scum...

Yes, reads change. If you don't believe me, go look over any game where I'm town and notice how my reads change.

You may not believe this but scum are the people who have the most difficulty changing their reads fluidly.

Again, GIVE ME A REASON WHY YOU CHANGED YOUR READ. Thanks.
~tsh

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.