Total Posts:114|Showing Posts:31-60|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms Mafia DP1

johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 3:29:56 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 3:09:48 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/18/2013 3:02:05 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Who was the one who received the two roles? I think we can use this information to confirm two townies.

They were assigned two roles while randoming. Obviously I wasn't dumb enough to send them a second role after they had already received one. I sent it to another player instead.

Ah. I though you sent it to them :(
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:21:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I tell you good people,
That I shall fight to kill that pretend regal,
For he is but false, oh Dong Zhou...
How I shall make him cow!

Before mine own sword
I have sworn a vow on record

To kill this tyrant and do it I shall. I stand for The People! ... However it must be said that one companion Chen Gong did decree a heart full of venom and cruelty. Supposedly, I am similar to Dong Zhou, that whom I swore to slay!

------

That's to be gathered from my role PM and the fact that I've read chapter 4. I think it's a reasonable guess to say that Dong Zhou is somewhat of a villain. Implications of Wang Jun was a good man from chapter 4, and he's mentioned briefly in my role PM.

Why have I not given my name away? Well, I pretty much have + my character claim is fairly town (or Han if you wish; from just chapter 4 be my judgement though) Aye, I soft claim, but it be for nought. For mine role be useless before I declare it. I can not act alone, without The People! But oh the horror if The People were wrong... Aye, I shall bend so swiftly before the masses just yet, for fear that the tyrants do swim among us.

As you can see, I'm going to have some fun this game.

I declare that Dong Zhou or Lu Bu should declare themselves now if they don't wish my emnity, for I suspect them to be traitors. Ah, I would have killed one if not for the other in chapter 4. To speed up our process, let's go for two at once!

Vote Rocket
VTL Ishall


If there be any confusion Lucky, then do that last one as mine own vote.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:48:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 6:21:27 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Why have I not given my name away? Well, I pretty much have + my character claim is fairly town (or Han if you wish; from just chapter 4 be my judgement though)

"Pretty much have" = Not at all.

Vote Rocket
VTL Ishall


If there be any confusion Lucky, then do that last one as mine own vote.

Then whose would the first vote be, if not yours?
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:51:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 6:48:53 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/18/2013 6:21:27 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Why have I not given my name away? Well, I pretty much have + my character claim is fairly town (or Han if you wish; from just chapter 4 be my judgement though)

"Pretty much have" = Not at all.

Vote Rocket
VTL Ishall


If there be any confusion Lucky, then do that last one as mine own vote.

Then whose would the first vote be, if not yours?

Maybe it's his, but perhaps for something other lynching? Or he's a vig and he's offering his services up for an unofficial vote, hence the surrendering to the people part.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:57:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
About to be Executed by Royal Decree

Royal - 3/8 - Flippant, TUF, Skep
Rocket - 2/8 - Ishall, Drafter
Ishall - 2/8 - Budda, Logic
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:07:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Drafter oh Drafter, how can one be so ignorant? My name is there for all to see should they read my post and chapter 4 of the text. As to lynching, I have but one vote. That's why I say 'mine own vote' . I merely tell you of a second vote because in time we may all be voting twice. You know me to be a fellow who claims early for the fun of it. Well, I have done so. That's all I have to say.

But, to show the impotence of my 'two' votes:

Unvote, Vote Skepsikyma
[retain] VTL Ishall


Also, Lu Bu eventually kills Dong Zhou (don't know which chapter though) so that could thrown a thorn into the sides of my previous request. Also, read the original text and not the actual historical background - the actual historical background has some noted differences.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:12:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I vote Logic. If I'm right, this should be interesting, as I've never seen vig kill himself before. Let's test his dedication to democratic rule, and make of him a Socrates.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:13:53 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 7:10:41 PM, FlippantBuoyancy wrote:
Logic, are you Wu Fu?

Ah, somebody who's reading chapter 4! But no, I do not die so quick a death. That leaves only 1 other option, doesn't it?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:15:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 7:07:38 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Drafter oh Drafter, how can one be so ignorant?

Easy. After all, this is a game between an uninformed majority versus an informed minority. Are you claiming to be informed?

My name is there for all to see should they read my post and chapter 4 of the text.

Yeah, I'm not doing that. I'm rereading Game of Thrones and World War Z.

As to lynching, I have but one vote. That's why I say 'mine own vote' .

Which, to me, implies that you have the ability to place a vote other than your own. Hinting to a vote stealer/politician or some other kind of game mechanic.

I merely tell you of a second vote because in time we may all be voting twice. You know me to be a fellow who claims early for the fun of it.

No, I know you to be a fellow that presents a low signal to noise ratio making it hard to decipher anything and everything you say, usually requiring a great deal of pressure to get you to stop playing coy and obfuscation and to just say what you mean. You're a player here, not a mod. Either you have information important to the Town (in which case spit it out) or you don't (in which case keep it to yourself). Constructing puzzles for us to solve is anti-town, since A) it requires time to figure out, drawing out the process of discovering scum; B) increases the likelihood of people not figuring it out, reducing the chance that your information is clearly conveyed; C) draws undue attention to yourself, because only scum factions should be obfuscating the truth, which results in starting a wagon on you to get you to just tell us, clearly, what you mean, which also wastes time and risks a mislynch should be town and should you insufficiently allay the suspicion you have created upon yourself.

Well, I have done so. That's all I have to say.

But, to show the impotence of my 'two' votes:

Unvote, Vote Skepsikyma
[retain] VTL Ishall


The mod already showed the impotence of your two votes, as is demonstrated by his official vote count. Since your bolded statement implies you have two votes, I am curious as to the discrepancy, and will keep my vote on you till I get sufficiently clear answers.


Also, Lu Bu eventually kills Dong Zhou (don't know which chapter though) so that could thrown a thorn into the sides of my previous request. Also, read the original text and not the actual historical background - the actual historical background has some noted differences.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:29:23 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 7:15:21 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/18/2013 7:07:38 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Drafter oh Drafter, how can one be so ignorant?

Easy. After all, this is a game between an uninformed majority versus an informed minority. Are you claiming to be informed?

Not in the sense you speak of. However, a town player is informed insofar as his role PM says so and insofar as he can read the game's background text.

As to lynching, I have but one vote. That's why I say 'mine own vote' .

I merely tell you of a second vote because in time we may all be voting twice. You know me to be a fellow who claims early for the fun of it.

No, I know you to be a fellow that presents a low signal to noise ratio making it hard to decipher anything and everything you say, usually requiring a great deal of pressure to get you to stop playing coy and obfuscation and to just say what you mean. You're a player here, not a mod. Either you have information important to the Town (in which case spit it out) or you don't (in which case keep it to yourself). Constructing puzzles for us to solve is anti-town, since A) it requires time to figure out, drawing out the process of discovering scum; B) increases the likelihood of people not figuring it out, reducing the chance that your information is clearly conveyed; C) draws undue attention to yourself, because only scum factions should be obfuscating the truth, which results in starting a wagon on you to get you to just tell us, clearly, what you mean, which also wastes time and risks a mislynch should be town and should you insufficiently allay the suspicion you have created upon yourself.

I'm not asking you to solve my 'puzzle' . I'm telling to ignore me for now. When the time is right I'll show how my 'puzzle' proves me to be town. You need not do a thing friend and all shall be revealed. Most people are left to their own devices until pressured to claim. I play differently to most - I soft claim before my actual claim, and when I claim I'm clearly town. Leave me to mine own devices and you shall be happy.

The mod already showed the impotence of your two votes, as is demonstrated by his official vote count. Since your bolded statement implies you have two votes, I am curious as to the discrepancy, and will keep my vote on you till I get sufficiently clear answers.

Drafter, my behaviour here mirrors that of my most recent games when I was town. If you are so eager to force my role out, that's your issue. At least I'm doing something - nothing of import happened until I showed up. So, with regard to signal to noise, I'm the only one actually sending a signal right now.

Flippant, you need not have spent time on my soft claim. Of course I'm Cao Cao, but I was going to say that in due course.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
FlippantBuoyancy
Posts: 447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:32:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Lucky said reading the actual chapters is going to be essential to figuring the game out - specifically, he said Wikipedia doesn't have sufficient information.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:37:17 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If he is Cao Cao, then my role PM insinuates that he is town.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:42:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I see no reason not to full claim now. Any protestors?
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:44:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 7:29:23 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I'm not asking you to solve my 'puzzle' . I'm telling to ignore me for now. When the time is right I'll show how my 'puzzle' proves me to be town. You need not do a thing friend and all shall be revealed. Most people are left to their own devices until pressured to claim. I play differently to most - I soft claim before my actual claim, and when I claim I'm clearly town. Leave me to mine own devices and you shall be happy.

You see, that's the problem. You treat the games in which you are a player as the same as the games in which you are a mod, where you can control the flow of information and flavor it up as it suits you. When you're a mod, that's fine. Your game is your game. But you're not. You're a player like you and I and I've outlined the reasons why your style is anti-town and I notice there is no refutation of that, save for you to simply say that this is how you like to play. My reasons stand.

The mod already showed the impotence of your two votes, as is demonstrated by his official vote count. Since your bolded statement implies you have two votes, I am curious as to the discrepancy, and will keep my vote on you till I get sufficiently clear answers.

Drafter, my behaviour here mirrors that of my most recent games when I was town. If you are so eager to force my role out, that's your issue. At least I'm doing something - nothing of import happened until I showed up. So, with regard to signal to noise, I'm the only one actually sending a signal right now.

Well, that's the thing, it's impossible to tell, isn't it?

Regardless, a cursory analysis supports your claim. When you're mafia your analysis is rather quite clear and straightforward, which is annoying and I don't see why you can't do that as Town. In any event, that reduces to WIFOM since there is nothing that requires you to be Town/Mafia to post like this/that.


Flippant, you need not have spent time on my soft claim. Of course I'm Cao Cao, but I was going to say that in due course.

I'll buy Flips vouching of you. But if you wanted to just soft claim and breadcrumb, in order to keep some information to yourself and confirm yourself later, this isn't the way to do it.
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:47:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
About to be Executed by Royal Decree

Royal - 3/8 - Flippant, TUF, Skep
Rocket - 2/8 - Ishall, Drafter
Ishall - 2/8 - Budda, Logic

Unique.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 8:40:21 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 12:08:11 PM, FlippantBuoyancy wrote:
VTL royal

btw, we win with Han. I know this won't confirm us but hopefully ease some of the paranoia.

Was there ever a game in which you didn't vote for me first?
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 9:45:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 8:42:15 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
FT only voted for me because he always does. Yawn.

VTL Rocket for the noob rule

As TuF said, the noob rule is sooo last year
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,514
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 10:09:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Alright, full claim:

I am Cao Hong. I am fiercely loyal to Cao Cao, finding him after he was captured in battle and then giving up my own horse to save him. I am a bodyguard.
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
FlippantBuoyancy
Posts: 447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 10:11:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 5/18/2013 8:40:45 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2013 12:38:18 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
VTL Royal, because I have nothing better to do.

Vote FT

How does the fact that Skep seems to be a sheep somehow make it more likely that I'm mafia?
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 10:29:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I knew that people would find me innocent in due course. Now, in light of recent events:

Unvote
Retain VTL Ishall


Skep, at this point I'd suggest you protect me. I'm the only person who most people have any sort of read on, my character is town sided + I do have a role. Should somebody useful come forth and actually claim their role then feel free to protect them. I might out my role near DP's end, but we'll see.

Drafter, my 'coy' play as town is actually a relatively recent thing (last 3-4 games) . Check out my play for a year ago as town - I'm pretty serious generally. Nevertheless, DP 1 is a fine day to joke around before taking things seriously.

I suggest we begin forming a plan of action. We ought to form 2 or 3 suspect targets and then consider a lynch depending on the situation. Plan:

1. Get an inactive to character claim
2. Pressure an experienced player for a character claim to get some arguments going for fun (and reads)
3. Make a list of likely character affiliations
4. And so forth...

So: (based on chapter 4)

Town characters

Cao Cao
Chen Gong
Wang Jun
Wu Fu

Mafia Characters

Dong Zhou
Lu Bu

I'm not even going to guess at 3rd party given my limited understanding of the story. Lucky has historically included lots of 3rd parties though in his games (2 3rd parties in a 15 player game with 3 other scum in Supernatural for instance) , so I'm irritated by our lack of knowledge, but oh well...

I don't really have too many reads at the moment. Maybe Flippant is slightly town, but I could be biased as he's defending me. I like Skep's claim yet earlier there was something I didn't like; slight town read for now.

As to my activity, it will sharply decline after my weekend (today, just a few hours left) , so I'm trying to leave a mark now.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 8:52:36 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
About to be Executed by Royal Decree

Royal - 3/8 - Flippant, TUF, Skep
Rocket - 3/8 - Ishall, Drafter, Royal
Ishall - 2/8 - Budda, Logic
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.