Total Posts:839|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Overwatch Mafia DP2

TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 3:44:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
GRAVEYARD

YYW- You are Winston, Overwatch"s front runner hero who calls the team back together. You are the 1x Janitor. One time during the night phase, you can carry out the night kill to completely disguise the body of a player of your choosing. That player will be prevented from replacing back into the game, and only the mafia will know their character and role. (Lynched Day Phase 1)

SeventhProffesor- You are Torbjorn, the small turret loving defender. You are a vanilla and can contribute to the game with your voice and your vote. You win with the town. (Killed Night Phase 1)

LIVING PLAYERS

1. VOT
2. ThinkBig
3. Warren42
4. Geographia
5. Smithereens
6. ShabShoral
7. Yraelz
8. TheFlex
9. Zaradi
10. MattTheDreamer
11. Vaarka
12. FourTrouble
13. DD
14. Rosalie
15. Mikal
16. Danielle

9/16 votes required to lynch.


(DP2 Ending in 72 hours, or on 1/21/17 at 9PM MST)


Activity prompt warning list: ThinkBig, Geographia.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:03:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So I glanced through some of the old DP and by the time I got back it was already over. Given the activity levels of this DP I may sheep FT or Yralez again. I'm going to operate under the assumption that both of them are town from here on out specifically because of them pressuring YYW and pushing for the lynch. FTs bloodhound mode is generally synonymous with his town play and since Yraelz kept the lynch of course even after FT removed it, I still think this is generally town sided. I don't see them bussing YYW at least given how it happened.

What I did pick up on during that lynch that bothered me and I was planning to post it was YYWS claim. It was extremely precise and very intertwined with how pharaoh functions as a character. YYW has never touched that game before and I have trouble buying in to the fact that he could come up with a fake claim that is that similar to how pharah functions in game without understanding or playing the game.

That leads me to think that someone who knows the theme is on the mafia side.

Which would be if im not mistaken

Myself
Smithers
Flex

I would consider this a separate scum pool but I'm sure someone who has a understanding of theme is on mafia because of how constructed that fake claim was. I don't know why someone would go to such lengths after TUF clarified for myself and even Bossy if I'm not mistaken, that theme is not that relevant in this game and has no ties to character.

Also out of mod pysch I am going to go to everyone's profiles and check activity levels prior to 2 hours before this is posted
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:23:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This mafia team sucks.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:24:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Vote Danielle

Let's get Danielle's claim. We'll lynch between her and Warren.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:25:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
t 1/19/2017 3:44:46 M, TF wrt:

Are you looking for a replacement for Geo? Or is he still in the game?
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
TUF
Posts: 23,816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:26:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 4:25:38 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
t 1/19/2017 3:44:46 M, TF wrt:

Are you looking for a replacement for Geo? Or is he still in the game?

I gave him a warning. I have a replacement lined up.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:28:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 4:24:59 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote Danielle

Let's get Danielle's claim. We'll lynch between her and Warren.

Can you explain the Warren lynch. I still never got how yyw implicated him
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:28:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'd like a claim from Bossy, too.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:30:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I referred to Warren to appease Yraelz. That's his lynch. I'm going to focus on making sure we don't lose sight of the other scum.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:43:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 4:30:14 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I referred to Warren to appease Yraelz. That's his lynch. I'm going to focus on making sure we don't lose sight of the other scum.

How is yyw flipping guilty implicating him though. I could never find the argument for it
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:47:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think everyone should reread YYW's defense of Warren. The question we need to ask is whether he was defending Warren because Warren was his partner, or because he "knew" Warren was town. Was the defense real or fake?
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:47:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I also don't get the 7th lynch. Why not ft or yraelz who were hammering it last do. They have to have a reason to be alive. It could be they were left alive under the assumption they could be used. Maybe one us mafia and left the other one alive in order to manipulate the game. It's a long shot and also means one had to bus yyw

Long shot but possible
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:55:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 4:47:50 AM, Mikal wrote:
I also don't get the 7th lynch. Why not ft or yraelz who were hammering it last do. They have to have a reason to be alive. It could be they were left alive under the assumption they could be used. Maybe one us mafia and left the other one alive in order to manipulate the game. It's a long shot and also means one had to bus yyw

Long shot but possible

It would also make sense that 7th's reads could have been on-point last DP.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 4:58:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
VTL Flex

I'd like to keep pressuring Flex. The fact that 7th died last DP makes me think that he was onto something, somewhere, about who scum was and was reading them correctly. Taking his post for Flex into account, with that being the first sign of suspicion on anyone I could find from him, I'll start there. I'll switch my vote to Dani or Warren later, which ever wagon is the most prominent.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:01:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Vot could be right. Maybe the lynch went through on 7th because he was on flex. It would also explain yyws claim as he knows the theme
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 4,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:04:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 4:58:23 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
VTL Flex

I'd like to keep pressuring Flex. The fact that 7th died last DP makes me think that he was onto something, somewhere, about who scum was and was reading them correctly. Taking his post for Flex into account, with that being the first sign of suspicion on anyone I could find from him, I'll start there. I'll switch my vote to Dani or Warren later, which ever wagon is the most prominent.

So you think Seventh was on to something. Is this because his reasoning seemed logical and made sense to you, or is the fact that seventh was killed the primary reason for you thinking that?
Reporting a scumbag to the mods of DDO:

https://youtu.be...

Peace is good, war is bad. "Peace at any price", however... that way of thinking is simply evil.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:04:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm okay with pressuring flex actually because I'm fairly certain mafia knows the theme well. Like vot said there is also the 7th lynch who had scum read him. 7th was also playing well so may have been on to something. The main reason my votes going on him because I think scum is between him and smothers and smiithers is playing to pro town for me to scum read him
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:14:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Seventh was probably killed because he's a strong player, because I townread him too strongly, and because the mafia didn't want to risk a failed kill on myself or Yraelz. I doubt it had anything to do with his analysis on Flex. But if it did, we should be pressuring Danielle first, because Seventh's analysis on Flex assumed Danielle was scum.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:14:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:04:38 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 1/19/2017 4:58:23 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
VTL Flex

I'd like to keep pressuring Flex. The fact that 7th died last DP makes me think that he was onto something, somewhere, about who scum was and was reading them correctly. Taking his post for Flex into account, with that being the first sign of suspicion on anyone I could find from him, I'll start there. I'll switch my vote to Dani or Warren later, which ever wagon is the most prominent.

So you think Seventh was on to something. Is this because his reasoning seemed logical and made sense to you, or is the fact that seventh was killed the primary reason for you thinking that?

Primarily his death, but I gotta admit he was making some sense when he started being serious. He got overlooked quite a bit too last DP, which is a shame.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:15:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:04:38 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:

Why'd you vote YYW and then unvote in middle of D1? Why'd you then vote for me?
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Mikal
Posts: 11,863
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:16:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:14:03 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Seventh was probably killed because he's a strong player, because I townread him too strongly, and because the mafia didn't want to risk a failed kill on myself or Yraelz. I doubt it had anything to do with his analysis on Flex. But if it did, we should be pressuring Danielle first, because Seventh's analysis on Flex assumed Danielle was scum.

Do you put any stock in to yyws claim and someone making it up for him
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:17:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:16:33 AM, Mikal wrote:
Do you put any stock in to yyws claim and someone making it up for him

Too speculative. It ain't something I'd base a lynch on.
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Rosalie
Posts: 5,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:17:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
WTF would they Lynch 7th of all people? XD sorry, just now catching up.

FT, and Yaz, did you claim?
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:27:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:17:48 AM, Rosalie wrote:
WTF would they Lynch 7th of all people? XD sorry, just now catching up.

Could be any number of reasons: spot-on scumreads, strong player, easier NK than FT?Yraelz. I am under the impression that it is 1 and 2.

FT, and Yaz, did you claim?

No need for them to. I think their actions last DP have more than proved their affiliation.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Rosalie
Posts: 5,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:29:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:27:20 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/19/2017 5:17:48 AM, Rosalie wrote:
WTF would they Lynch 7th of all people? XD sorry, just now catching up.

Could be any number of reasons: spot-on scumreads, strong player, easier NK than FT?Yraelz. I am under the impression that it is 1 and 2.

I'm still new at this..It's just that 7th wasn't very active..So I don't get why they would do that.

FT, and Yaz, did you claim?

No need for them to. I think their actions last DP have more than proved their affiliation.

I need to read over the last Do again.
I'm the press conference, you're a conversation.

"I hate f@ggots"-Zaroette
FourTrouble
Posts: 16,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:31:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:16:33 AM, Mikal wrote:

What happened to your suspicion of VoT?
If you'd like a vote on your debate, please send me a link. I'll do my best to offer a sufficient RFD in your favor.

Also: If you'd like to vote bomb a debate and need help crafting a sufficient RFD, let me know.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 4,489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:32:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:14:54 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Primarily his death, but I gotta admit he was making some sense when he started being serious. He got overlooked quite a bit too last DP, which is a shame.

I wouldn't base too much off of the fact that he died, but I'll go back to find the posts you are talking about, if they make sense in their own right they may be worth taking action on.
Reporting a scumbag to the mods of DDO:

https://youtu.be...

Peace is good, war is bad. "Peace at any price", however... that way of thinking is simply evil.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,601
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2017 5:34:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/19/2017 5:29:11 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/19/2017 5:27:20 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/19/2017 5:17:48 AM, Rosalie wrote:
WTF would they Lynch 7th of all people? XD sorry, just now catching up.

Could be any number of reasons: spot-on scumreads, strong player, easier NK than FT?Yraelz. I am under the impression that it is 1 and 2.


I'm still new at this..It's just that 7th wasn't very active..So I don't get why they would do that.

It wasn't until the end that he started being serious and making posting substantive posts. His forst one was like 834.

FT, and Yaz, did you claim?

No need for them to. I think their actions last DP have more than proved their affiliation.

I need to read over the last Do again.

Dewwit and tell me what you think.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."