Beginners' Mafia 51.1: DP2

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:25:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Think - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Cat - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town. [modkilled, converted to third party]

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Chaos - You are a Jailkeeper. Each night you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions but will also be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. This includes the mafia"s night kill. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Opsi/Creator-of-Darkness
2. Warren
3. Math
4. Unstobbaple
5. Sub
6. TUF

With 6 players living, it takes 4 votes to lynch. The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 8:30am, EST on 1/30/17.

Note: Creator-of-Darkness will be playing as Opsianos (a hyrda) for a few days while Opsi is away.

Have a happy Day Phase ^.^
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:27:24 PM
sigh FML. Okay now I'll just sit in the back of the room crying on the inside
"Paper airplane swims through the forest=The fifth dimension is made of cheese"-Disc
"Danielle is a terrible human being. I hear when she get's stressed out at work she pays hobos to allow her to beat them like Tyrell Wellick from Mr Robot to relieve said stress."-Unst

"He's obvious town, unless you're saying he had a fake-claim ready from the very beginning, and played it incredibly smoothly."-Devil
"He's not THAT smooth IRL. I mean FFS, he broke his wrists running backwards."-Me to Devil
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:39:41 PM
At 1/27/2017 1:31:44 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
Hello! I read through DP1 as it was happening so I'm already all caught up with everything.

Well what are your thoughts thus far Darkness? Currently we are in quite a bad spot as you can see. 4 town 2 scum. One of the townies is a power role, two scum, and 3 vanillas.

if I recall it was you who was the power role was it not?

finally, who do you suspect the most currently?
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:40:23 PM
At 1/27/2017 1:27:24 PM, Hybrid_Chaos wrote:

Sorry Chaos, you don't seem to have a lot of luck in these games.
Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:41:35 PM
At 1/27/2017 1:40:23 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

Really? What gave it away?!
"Paper airplane swims through the forest=The fifth dimension is made of cheese"-Disc
"Danielle is a terrible human being. I hear when she get's stressed out at work she pays hobos to allow her to beat them like Tyrell Wellick from Mr Robot to relieve said stress."-Unst

"He's obvious town, unless you're saying he had a fake-claim ready from the very beginning, and played it incredibly smoothly."-Devil
"He's not THAT smooth IRL. I mean FFS, he broke his wrists running backwards."-Me to Devil
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:52:08 PM
Hello! I read through DP1 as it was happening so I'm already all caught up with everything.

You even got voted for last DP haha
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:54:30 PM
These are the current suspects

Warren
Unstobbaple
Sub
TUF

Knowing that I am town and Opsi is PR (as no one has CC'd have they?) I will go through each person and try and build a case against them.

Warren: he was certainly active last DP and in my opinion is the 2nd least likely to be scum. However I am gonna keep my eye on him, it is entirely possible that his activity and defending of several town members was merely a facade.

Unstoppable: has definitely been acting the most scummy, but all of his actions can be chalked up to noob mistakes. It makes it hard to judge him. We should be very cautious about lynching him, as we are currently at MyLo

Sub: honestly I forgot about Sub, I barely see him post in the game. At least not as much as the other town members. Currently my main suspect, and I think we should pressure him further.

TUF:TUF is absolutely the least likely to be scum, if you analyze his previous posts you can see him encouraging Chaos (confirmed town) and just being all round townie. Though of course this again could just be a ploy.

Imo I think we should start pressuring Sub. If not sub, then Unstoppable.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 1:55:38 PM
hang on, I am stupid. Sub replaced DD didn't he? And he has posted a bit I just missed them, though I would still like to hear from Sub and see what he thinks.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:01:43 PM

Would you mind telling me what PR you are again?
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:04:10 PM
At 1/27/2017 1:39:41 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

Well what are your thoughts thus far Darkness? Currently we are in quite a bad spot as you can see. 4 town 2 scum. One of the townies is a power role, two scum, and 3 vanillas.
Correct, quite unfortunate that TB "pulled a kiri." It didn't work the other game and it didn't work this one.
if I recall it was you who was the power role was it not?
Yes, twas I. Creater of Opsianos the bulletproof
finally, who do you suspect the most currently?
Now that's the trick one isn't it.

1. Opsi/Creator-of-Darkness - Twin headed townie
2. Warren - Null - I've flipped and flopped between slight scum and town that I honestly don't know where to put him so for now null.
3. Math - Slight town - After reading a couple other games doesn't really appear to be scummy just same old town META with pushing game along.
4. Unstobbaple - Scummy - I don't like his general behavior, just a gut feeling I'm getting that he isn't a townie.

And then there's these two... I'm honestly not sure where to put either one of them.
5. Sub - Null/Very slight Scum - Claimed he was catching up and going to give reads. Proceeded to take over 2 hours to do something that could have been 30 min. But at the same time did have townie attitude.
6. TUF - null/slight town - getting some weird vibes which lowered my town read on him. General townish behaviors lead me to town read him until then.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:12:57 PM
At 1/27/2017 2:04:10 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:

The trick question was the PR one, I was hoping that if you WERE scum you would be stupid enough to fall into the trap of forgetting what your fake PR claim was. Though that is not the case. So well played!

With reference to your reads, I keep going back and forth on TUF. I keep thinking he is slightly scummy and then I disagree with myself seconds later.

Though I agree with you on Sub, slight scum read.

I think we should hold off on Unst for a bit though, I can see why he appears scummy yet my worry is that if we pressure him he might not have the experience (no offense!) to provide an adequate defense and therefore we would interpret that as scummy rather than an actual mistake from an inexperienced man.

To put it concisely, we should start by pressuring the experienced ones first and working our way down. As the experienced ones are less likely to mess up their defense.

(it sounds like I really do not like Unst in this post, sorry! I am not trying to be offensive xD)
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:16:30 PM
At 1/27/2017 2:12:57 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 1/27/2017 2:04:10 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:

The trick question was the PR one, I was hoping that if you WERE scum you would be stupid enough to fall into the trap of forgetting what your fake PR claim was. Though that is not the case. So well played!

With reference to your reads, I keep going back and forth on TUF. I keep thinking he is slightly scummy and then I disagree with myself seconds later.
Right, I'm not sure where to put him. Like flippity flop you need to stop
Though I agree with you on Sub, slight scum read.
Agreed then.
I think we should hold off on Unst for a bit though, I can see why he appears scummy yet my worry is that if we pressure him he might not have the experience (no offense!) to provide an adequate defense and therefore we would interpret that as scummy rather than an actual mistake from an inexperienced man.
Okay. I'm cool with that
To put it concisely, we should start by pressuring the experienced ones first and working our way down. As the experienced ones are less likely to mess up their defense.
We have to be careful though. 2 scum = half the required to lynch
(it sounds like I really do not like Unst in this post, sorry! I am not trying to be offensive xD)
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:21:56 PM
At 1/27/2017 2:16:30 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
We have to be careful though. 2 scum = half the required to lynch

Indeed, that is why I have yet to vote for someone.

@Sub, how do you respond to the allegations of you being somewhat scummy? Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 2:30:01 PM
At 1/27/2017 1:41:35 PM, Hybrid_Chaos wrote:
At 1/27/2017 1:40:23 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

Really? What gave it away?!
Please refrain from posting in the game thread after you've died and been flipped.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 3:16:32 PM
Ok so here are my new thoughts:

Cat was town, as we all feared. Think was town, which we realized a bit too late, the infamous self-hammer did him in :/

Scum was smart with their kill. Chaos was a PR, so it was expected. I can't really think of any way we can read into it, but if anyone else has ideas please share, because it'd be best if we can try to analyze the kill. Fortunately, assuming Opsi/Darkness is being honest about their PR, that means we are in A, and scum has a roleblocker. Therefore, since the only PR left is passive, the RB is obsolete and it is, for all intents and purposes, two goons on their end. Even if Opsi was lying, that means we are in 1, and scum has a goon. Either way, though we aren't in good shape number-wise, we are okay role-wise

Darkness is actually in the game this time. Votes cast at darkness actually matter, don't throw them around like last DP.

I'm really glad Opsi claimed PR. Otherwise I probably would've called for his lynch yesterday, as he seemed scummy. Darkness continued this trend, and when posting reads (the first time) left Math out. Why'd you do that? If I didn't know better I'd have thought this was a sort of weird scum slip. Aside from that I mostly agree with Darkness' reads. The one question I have (for you and Math) is why do you keep flipping on TUF? I agree but would like to know why you both think so.
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 3:25:56 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:16:32 PM, warren42 wrote:
Darkness continued this trend, and when posting reads (the first time) left Math out. Why'd you do that?
Read again, I didn't.
If I didn't know better I'd have thought this was a sort of weird scum slip. Aside from that I mostly agree with Darkness' reads. The one question I have (for you and Math) is why do you keep flipping on TUF? I agree but would like to know why you both think so.
I just get this weird feeling about him. Something seems off ig. More of a gut feeling.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 3:30:33 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:25:56 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
Darkness continued this trend, and when posting reads (the first time) left Math out. Why'd you do that?
Read again, I didn't.

My bad. I thought math's reads were yours for some reason. In that case, math left you out and I'd like to know why from him? I assume I know but would like to hear from the horse's mouth

If I didn't know better I'd have thought this was a sort of weird scum slip. Aside from that I mostly agree with Darkness' reads. The one question I have (for you and Math) is why do you keep flipping on TUF? I agree but would like to know why you both think so.
I just get this weird feeling about him. Something seems off ig. More of a gut feeling.

Okay, that's the same with me. I have no idea what it is but something seems off to me. Definitely not enough to act on, but if we make it to tomorrow I want to pressure TUF.
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 3:44:47 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:30:33 PM, warren42 wrote:
Okay, that's the same with me. I have no idea what it is but something seems off to me. Definitely not enough to act on, but if we make it to tomorrow I want to pressure TUF.

Why next DP? Who would you rather pressure instead?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 3:50:29 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:44:47 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:

Scum reads in order:
1. Subutai
2. Unst
3. TUF
4. Math
5. You (confirmed town)
6. Me
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:03:03 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:50:29 PM, warren42 wrote:
At 1/27/2017 3:44:47 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:

Scum reads in order:
1. Subutai
2. Unst
3. TUF
4. Math
5. You (confirmed town)
6. Me

Okie dokie. Just real quick. How do you defend yourself currently? RIght now you are my biggest scum read.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:05:29 PM
The one question I have (for you and Math) is why do you keep flipping on TUF? I agree but would like to know why you both think so.

He tends to be helpful, which is why I town read him. But at the same time he comes across as aggressive sometimes, for example against Unst he was rather aggressive and it appeared that his patience had run short. One could argue that it is anti-town behaviour but at the same time it could just be him losing patience with a new player (which happens to everyone)
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:07:04 PM

My bad. I thought math's reads were yours for some reason. In that case, math left you out and I'd like to know why from him? I assume I know but would like to hear from the horse's mouth

Darkness is confirmed town is he not? It was just a list of the people who could be scum bar me.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:08:05 PM
At 1/27/2017 3:38:17 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
At 1/27/2017 2:21:56 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
How do you feel about Warren

Currently I do not suspect him. Though that may change is a strong enough case is presented. If you have a case, please feel free to share it.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:10:19 PM
At 1/27/2017 4:03:03 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
Okie dokie. Just real quick. How do you defend yourself currently? RIght now you are my biggest scum read.

Not really sure honestly, because you haven't really given any reasons as to why. Give reasoning and I'll defend myself. In general, I've played pretty pro-town, I posted my reads before anyone else except TUF, adequately answered questions, and was apprehensive about lynching TB (and didn't vote for him). If I had my way yesterday we would not have lynched. I would've preferred a "good" lynch, but unfortunately nobody really presented themselves as a suitable target.

If you don't mind me asking, you put Sub and Unst as more scummy than me in post 11, along with possibly TUF, so what changed that so quickly?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:12:27 PM
At 1/27/2017 4:05:29 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
The one question I have (for you and Math) is why do you keep flipping on TUF? I agree but would like to know why you both think so.

He tends to be helpful, which is why I town read him. But at the same time he comes across as aggressive sometimes, for example against Unst he was rather aggressive and it appeared that his patience had run short. One could argue that it is anti-town behaviour but at the same time it could just be him losing patience with a new player (which happens to everyone)

When did this occur?
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:13:59 PM
At 1/27/2017 4:10:19 PM, warren42 wrote:
At 1/27/2017 4:03:03 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:

Not really sure honestly, because you haven't really given any reasons as to why. Give reasoning and I'll defend myself. In general, I've played pretty pro-town, I posted my reads before anyone else except TUF, adequately answered questions, and was apprehensive about lynching TB (and didn't vote for him). If I had my way yesterday we would not have lynched. I would've preferred a "good" lynch, but unfortunately nobody really presented themselves as a suitable target.

If you don't mind me asking, you put Sub and Unst as more scummy than me in post 11, along with possibly TUF, so what changed that so quickly?

Good answer! I was hoping you would say that. I was asking to make sure that you were actually paying attention to the reads and didn't get them mixed up. You are not my biggest scum read but it is important that anything can change in mafia.
Creator-of-Darkness
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2017 4:16:57 PM
At 1/27/2017 4:08:05 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 1/27/2017 3:38:17 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
At 1/27/2017 2:21:56 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
How do you feel about Warren

Currently I do not suspect him. Though that may change is a strong enough case is presented. If you have a case, please feel free to share it.

I asked to help with post 29. I do not have a case. If he had just immediately started defending himself without my giving reasoning I would have put my VTL him for now.