Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 6:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*sighs* this is sad
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 7:30:43 PM
At 2/2/2017 6:40:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
*sighs* this is sad

I learned a lot and found a great new game. That's gotta count for something!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 7:32:15 PM
At 2/2/2017 7:30:43 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
*sighs* this is sad

I'm talking about the inactivity. Looks like I'll be finding replacements tonight, as well as giving time extensions because I'm nice
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 7:35:12 PM
At 2/2/2017 4:12:26 PM, warren42 wrote:
At 2/2/2017 1:21:18 PM, Opsianos wrote:
Odd how you guys are fixated on Subutai. Perhaps I should reread, but this is inactive as hell anyway.

I've wanted to pressure him since DP2 and he's given no reason not to suspect him. He merely agreed with the reasons for suspicion.

If he gives reason not to I'll shift my focus to Unst or TUF, probably Unst.

Fair enough I'd probably put me second after Subutai too. Just no shady shite; give me a chance to defend town before you take a vote.

@Opsi, I did a careful reread up to Post 100 and stopped because I thought I needed more from Subutai to target someone else and he simply has not provided it. I don't have the patience to try to rationalize Disc's actions without it and I'm currently heavily invested in the TV Mafia 6 which is another big learning curve for me after this game.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 7:36:57 PM
At 2/2/2017 7:32:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:
*sighs* this is sad

I'm talking about the inactivity. Looks like I'll be finding replacements tonight, as well as giving time extensions because I'm nice

That's one word for it. If you do think you can get someone in here to Subutai that would be great. We still have another day though and I'm hoping for some activity tonight.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 8:00:09 PM
My updated list, most to least scummy:

1. Sub
2. Unst
3. TUF

Unst moved up because it's a tad suspicious that a vote has been on him and mafia didn't quick hammer, which would mean that he is mafia with TUF or Sub. However, the fact that there's been so little activity could explain it, and would allow for a TUF-Subutai scum team.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:03:58 PM
The thing that's hard to read about TUF is that it's hard to separate his genuine attempts to help guide noobs and his potentially scummy actions.

However, to me, in DP1, while I agree with his belief that players should lynch someone on DP1, I think he was taking it a bit too far. Before Chaos outed that he had a PR, TUF was pushing hard for his lynch on information that I didn't think warranted it. His reads, while not great, were better than some other players' reads, looked like they took some effort, and seemed like a genuine attempt to help. I agree that his vote on TB at the end was justified (hell, I had one on him as well) though.

In DP2, he was barely active (although which player actually was active?). However, he first claimed that he didn't have much to go on with regards to reads(which is understandable; I was feeling the same way), but later said that a lynch on me would be a good idea because I felt the same way. Plus, he recommended a lynch on me, on MYLO no less, on no other information than that alone.

And he hasn't been active at all this DP.

I think TUF is scum because no other players currently alive look even close to as scummy as TUF (I genuinely can't read Unst).

I'd like to hear him say something before the DP ends.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:05:55 PM
Also, in post #287 in DP1, TUF said, "Warren. Please delete the first paragraph. Quickly" in response to Warren posting his reads. What did he mean here? That looks scummy to me, although, if they are both scum, you'd think they'd talk about it in their PM.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:09:26 PM
At 2/2/2017 8:00:09 PM, warren42 wrote:
My updated list, most to least scummy:

1. Sub
2. Unst
3. TUF

Unst moved up because it's a tad suspicious that a vote has been on him and mafia didn't quick hammer, which would mean that he is mafia with TUF or Sub. However, the fact that there's been so little activity could explain it, and would allow for a TUF-Subutai scum team.

No one has given any good reason why they suspect me, other than my low activity levels (which are true, but hypocritical to point out, given everyone else's activity level too). What are your reasons?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:18:21 PM
At 2/2/2017 9:03:58 PM, Subutai wrote:
In DP2, he was barely active (although which player actually was active?). However, he first claimed that he didn't have much to go on with regards to reads(which is understandable; I was feeling the same way), but later said that a lynch on me would be a good idea because I felt the same way. Plus, he recommended a lynch on me, on MYLO no less, on no other information than that alone.

Do you have links? If not I'm re-reading DP 1&2 and will post them shortly.

And he hasn't been active at all this DP.

I think TUF is scum because no other players currently alive look even close to as scummy as TUF (I genuinely can't read Unst).

Could you elaborate on why you feel neutral/town on other players, who you're neutral/town on, and in what order you read Unst and myself? (Assuming you'd put yourself town regardless of affiliation and that you're buying Opsi's claim)

I'd like to hear him say something before the DP ends.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:26:51 PM
At 2/2/2017 9:18:21 PM, warren42 wrote:

He said it, to varying degrees of intensity, a few separate times, but the strongest was in post 73 of DP2, where he said, "All of my last DP reads are reset. I was wrong I think on a lot of them, and am feeling a bit lost." But, in post 84, he said, "Subutai might not be a bad idea for a lynch. There isn't a lot of activity from most players, but his last post indicates he isn't willing to put in any effort whatsoever." I had basically said the same thing TUF had said in post 73.
Could you elaborate on why you feel neutral/town on other players, who you're neutral/town on, and in what order you read Unst and myself? (Assuming you'd put yourself town regardless of affiliation and that you're buying Opsi's claim)

Well Opsi is town because he's a PR and no one has CC'ed yet (if someone has a CC to his, they need to post it now; although the massive delay would be highly suspicious). And I think you're strongly town, based purely off of behavioral analysis. You've been the most active of all the players, even in times of high inactivity (like now), and the content of your posts have been forward thinking.

That leaves Unst as my other scum read. The problem with him is that his behavior is bizarre, even from a complete noob perspective. He seems very confused even on basic concepts that have been explained to him, and has been waffling intensely this entire game.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:37:46 PM
At 2/2/2017 9:26:51 PM, Subutai wrote:

He said it, to varying degrees of intensity, a few separate times, but the strongest was in post 73 of DP2, where he said, "All of my last DP reads are reset. I was wrong I think on a lot of them, and am feeling a bit lost." But, in post 84, he said, "Subutai might not be a bad idea for a lynch. There isn't a lot of activity from most players, but his last post indicates he isn't willing to put in any effort whatsoever." I had basically said the same thing TUF had said in post 73.

Well Opsi is town because he's a PR and no one has CC'ed yet (if someone has a CC to his, they need to post it now; although the massive delay would be highly suspicious). And I think you're strongly town, based purely off of behavioral analysis. You've been the most active of all the players, even in times of high inactivity (like now), and the content of your posts have been forward thinking.

That leaves Unst as my other scum read. The problem with him is that his behavior is bizarre, even from a complete noob perspective. He seems very confused even on basic concepts that have been explained to him, and has been waffling intensely this entire game.

I agree 100%. Not necessarily scummy, but weird to say the least.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:41:19 PM
At 2/2/2017 9:09:26 PM, Subutai wrote:

No one has given any good reason why they suspect me, other than my low activity levels (which are true, but hypocritical to point out, given everyone else's activity level too). What are your reasons?

I'm updating my reads at the moment. I may go back on what I just said, you, Unst, and TUF all might be equal now, or you may even be whom I least suspect. Looking through DP 2 currently.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:49:51 PM
@Subutai

For the record, to answer your inquiry here, http://www.debate.org... this is my third game. I played in Think's Equilibrium game and TUF's Overwatch game. I can find links if you'd like.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 9:53:31 PM
At 2/2/2017 7:32:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:
*sighs* this is sad

If you really need someone, ask me. I have games going on, but I can be a bit active.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2017 10:05:59 PM
Okay. My reads are fully updated. For anyone that doesn't want to read all of them it's basically:

1. TUF
T-2. Sub
T-2. Unst

I'm liking a TUF lynch more and more now that I'm thinking about it, but I'm still open.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 3:59:41 AM
At 2/2/2017 9:26:51 PM, Subutai wrote:

Just logged back in I typically get a null read from everyone irl so I posted my personality type in TV Mafia to explain this. I know this is not rocket science but I'm claiming this is a fairly accurate read on my personality. I like these tests and this is the best read I have found on me: https://www.16personalities.com...

Some noteworthy characters that fit are jim halpert, Mark Twain and to my greatest shame... Wierd Al Yankovic (please don't publicise this.)

I'm always looking understand exactly what the rule's are to see how far I can bend them or catch someone in the act. I find my aggressive baiting and questioning of the status quo makes me look scummy and I am often playing devils advocate in my head to understand not just my side but all sides of a position to reach a consensus in my head rather than trying to get an agreement directly from everyone.

I'm much better with specifics which give me a chance to explain what I was thinking at the time as my perspectives often seems to shift quickly and my goal is a combination of all views that make sense to me and it's easy for me to get lost in an effort to discover the truth without caring how this may look to others and forgetting how this may be offensive or off putting to others.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:01:12 AM
At 2/2/2017 9:05:55 PM, Subutai wrote:
Also, in post #287 in DP1, TUF said, "Warren. Please delete the first paragraph. Quickly" in response to Warren posting his reads. What did he mean here? That looks scummy to me, although, if they are both scum, you'd think they'd talk about it in their PM.

Hmmm, Warren do you remember what this was about? That does seem to be odd.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:11:28 AM
I have a quick debate to post round 1 but that should be quick and then I can sort through warrens updated reads.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:28:15 AM
At 2/2/2017 10:05:59 PM, warren42 wrote:
Okay. My reads are fully updated. For anyone that doesn't want to read all of them it's basically:

1. TUF
T-2. Sub
T-2. Unst

I'm liking a TUF lynch more and more now that I'm thinking about it, but I'm still open.

Ok, I'll go ahead and throw myself into the mix because I love to play devil's advocate to build the most reasonable position:

1. A scum team Sub/Tuf or Unst/Tuf seem the most likely based on available reads and info (obviously I've placed sub in the incriminating first place position.)

2. If there is a warren/Tuf team that is some diabolical shite and I'll wait politely for the lynch

3. If it's a Subtai/Warren team I'd be dead right now.

I think it makes the most sense to off Tuf and cross our fingers for the scum flip.

If I am correct and Tuf logs on that may be it for town.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:31:03 AM
Unst hasn't been hammered yet, but Sub or TUF haven't even posted.
"Only those who have seen death's face can appreciate life to the fullest." -Anonymous

Have no regrets.

Vote on this Music Challenge: http://www.debate.org...
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:31:09 AM
At 2/2/2017 3:09:54 AM, Opsianos wrote:
VTL Unst

Let's make it happen.

I'll ask you to at least removing the VTL considering the current situation.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:32:21 AM
At 2/3/2017 4:31:09 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 2/2/2017 3:09:54 AM, Opsianos wrote:
VTL Unst

Let's make it happen.

I'll ask you to at least removing the VTL considering the current situation.

Nothing's changed about the situation.
"Only those who have seen death's face can appreciate life to the fullest." -Anonymous

Have no regrets.

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:33:08 AM
At 2/2/2017 5:19:56 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
Is anyone aware of any reason we would not have had a counter claim this late in the game? It just seems unlikely but I am learning a lot of very tricky roles in TV Mafia 6 so I just can't rule Opsi out entirely.

Unst, trust me, I am 100% Town due to the blandness of this setup.

Have no regrets.

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:35:52 AM
At 2/3/2017 4:33:08 AM, Opsianos wrote:
At 2/2/2017 5:19:56 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
Is anyone aware of any reason we would not have had a counter claim this late in the game? It just seems unlikely but I am learning a lot of very tricky roles in TV Mafia 6 so I just can't rule Opsi out entirely.

Unst, trust me, I am 100% Town due to the blandness of this setup.

Right, but I'm saying I could be about to be getting 'hammered' for a town loss when Tuf logs back on.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:38:21 AM
Fuck, I can't do this.

Unvote

Let's go over things for now, but really all we can do is wait for TUF or Sub. Leaving the beginners out to dry as ringers warrants a lynch if we must by the end.

Have no regrets.

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 4:52:37 AM
At 2/3/2017 4:01:12 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 2/2/2017 9:05:55 PM, Subutai wrote:

Hmmm, Warren do you remember what this was about? That does seem to be odd.

Yeah. I explained it earlier. At some point Opsi said something about two power roles and that made me think the setup must've been one with two power roles. Turns out he must've means two other power roles, since he's BP, HC was JK, which means mafia has a RB.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 8:02:02 PM
***ATTENTION***

Matt is replacing TUF

The game will be extended 24 hours, ending at 9:00pm, EST, on 2/4/17
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2017 8:04:56 PM
At 2/3/2017 8:02:51 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Welcome all. Give me a bit to read through all the DP's

Awesome! Are you also a 'ringer?'