Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 1:36:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
MAFIA WINS!

Mafia

Unstobbaple - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

Warren - You are a Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. This player will be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. You may perform the kill and roleblock a player in the same night. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Subutai (Disc) - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Matt (TUF) - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Think - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Math - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Opsi (temporary hydra with Creator-of-Darkness) - You are a 1x Bulletproof. You will survive one lethal action during the game. You win with the Town.

Chaos - You are a Jailkeeper. Each night you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions but will also be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. This includes the mafia"s night kill. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

Third Party
Cat - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town. [converted to TP due to mod kill]

Mod Notes:
Dear ringers (and players)...
STOP
SELF
HAMMERING

Honestly, you're setting a terrible example by doing so, even by accident. There are very few cases in any game where a self hammer is appropriate, and it certainly never is during game one of a beginner series. As ringers, you should be showing the new guys how to play, and playing to your wincon.

Furthermore, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read and acknowledge the rules. They are in the first post of DP1, so there's no excuse for not knowing them. If you're unsure if something is allowed, you can ask us in your PM. We try our best to make sure the rules are clear, and we hate mod killing players, so please read the rules and follow them.

Any broken rules should be reported, regardless of affiliation.
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 1:39:07 PM
Game two will be ready... eventually?
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 1:42:27 PM
Also, feel free to confirm that you're still there and ready to play in game two via PM.
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 2:45:43 PM
Well I guess this one is mostly on me. I was waiting to place my vote on Unst until Opsi provided his analysis and Matt answered my question, but I unintentionally fell asleep before either of those things happened. In my defense, I was sick though.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 2:57:23 PM
At 2/7/2017 2:45:43 PM, Subutai wrote:
Well I guess this one is mostly on me. I was waiting to place my vote on Unst until Opsi provided his analysis and Matt answered my question, but I unintentionally fell asleep before either of those things happened. In my defense, I was sick though.

Nah, you guys would have lost anyway possibly still failing to lynch me. Warren was about to flip on me hard digging for the evidence against me that was actually incriminating. I think Matt was the most rational lynch given the information available.

After my lynch Warren most definitely gotten you or Matt mislynched.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 4:34:58 PM
At 2/7/2017 2:57:23 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 2/7/2017 2:45:43 PM, Subutai wrote:

Nah, you guys would have lost anyway possibly still failing to lynch me. Warren was about to flip on me hard digging for the evidence against me that was actually incriminating. I think Matt was the most rational lynch given the information available.

After my lynch Warren most definitely gotten you or Matt mislynched.

I do think Unst would've been lynched but think I could've weaseled my way to the win based on strong town-reads on me.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 5:17:01 PM
We still could've won that game. Had Sub voted Unst like he was going to, Scum would have had to choose between NKing me or Sub. No matter what they chose, the other would've realised that Warren had to be scum simply based on POE.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 5:42:50 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:17:01 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
We still could've won that game. Had Sub voted Unst like he was going to, Scum would have had to choose between NKing me or Sub. No matter what they chose, the other would've realised that Warren had to be scum simply based on POE.

Yes, but would Opsi have realized it. I probably would've decided Sub, and it would've been a toss up from there
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 6:12:09 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:27:32 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
Told you there was something about Unst that didn't feel right.

That gut feel that you get about me, yeah, you'll always get it when I act like myself. Once I know enough to script my behaviors it will ironically go away.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 6:16:03 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:17:01 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:

I could have could have cc'd Opsi explaining that b4 I knew enough about the game and with all the scum reads I knew I would look even shadiyer. I was thinking about that if my 'Tuf is going to come back on and lynch me' gambit did not work.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 7:01:09 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:25:58 PM, XLAV wrote:
lol, who self hammered?

xD in Think's defense we hadn't requested a vote count in a while and I don't think anyone realized he had self hammered for a while lol.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 9:39:43 PM
Also what happened to activity guys? Y'all were so great DP1 then the game just plummeted in terms of activity.

I second everything Vaar said. That's the second modkill in just as many games, and I have never had to modkill players until then.

Second game will be up in a few days...need to get that figured out with Vaar.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 10:57:09 PM
Vaarka's reaction to you guys voting for Darkness (before he was hydra-ing and stuff) was hilarious tbh.
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 11:49:14 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:25:58 PM, XLAV wrote:
lol, who self hammered?

ThinkBig, by accident too...
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 11:50:15 PM
At 2/7/2017 10:57:09 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Vaarka's reaction to you guys voting for Darkness (before he was hydra-ing and stuff) was hilarious tbh.

What was that again? lol
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 11:51:07 PM
At 2/7/2017 5:27:32 PM, Creator-of-Darkness wrote:
Told you there was something about Unst that didn't feel right.

tbh, I kinda wish I could've kept you guys as a hydra. Opsi came back for like a day or two, and then just went offline again.
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2017 11:51:35 PM
At 2/7/2017 9:39:43 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Also what happened to activity guys? Y'all were so great DP1 then the game just plummeted in terms of activity.

I second everything Vaar said. That's the second modkill in just as many games, and I have never had to modkill players until then.

Second game will be up in a few days...need to get that figured out with Vaar.
Oh fun
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 12:10:14 AM
At 2/7/2017 11:50:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:

What was that again? lol

idk. I just remember you being in a hangout, trying to finish the vote count (it took you like an hour to do it, lol) and being like, "what the heck, they're voting for someone who isn't even playing . . ."
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 12:12:56 AM
At 2/8/2017 12:10:14 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

What was that again? lol

idk. I just remember you being in a hangout, trying to finish the vote count (it took you like an hour to do it, lol) and being like, "what the heck, they're voting for someone who isn't even playing . . ."

Oh, I remember that, lol
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 1:19:00 AM
At 2/8/2017 12:12:56 AM, Vaarka wrote:

What was that again? lol

Oh, I remember that, lol

Never has drawing random picks and dikcs on people's faces been used in such an irresponsible way.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 1:20:58 AM
At 2/8/2017 1:19:00 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
At 2/8/2017 12:12:56 AM, Vaarka wrote:

What was that again? lol

Oh, I remember that, lol

Never has drawing random picks and dikcs on people's faces been used in such an irresponsible way.

We also made Voice a soviet
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2017 9:54:42 AM
GG all, it was unfortunate that we had Warren as scum. He did play very well. Unstoppable did well for his first game, though I think that the fact that it was his first game assisted him in this instance. As a lot of his actions were explained by "it is just his first game, leave him be!" I am guilty of that too, so whoops! Never trust a noob! GG all.

Also, while posting this I was being yelled at by Matt. He wants me to type "It was all Sub's fault! Tell him that! Tell him it is his fault!"