Beginner's Mafia 51.2: DP2

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 10:06:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
DAY PHASE 2

Died Last Night: Matt - You are BtoB, one of the most underrated kpop groups out there. Although you're a vocal powerhouse and would deserve any and all recognition you get, you remain rather low on the public radar, and it took you a whole three years after debut to get your first music show win. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Lynched Last DP: [nobody]

Graveyard:
Matt -VT

Living Players:
1. Tree
2. Warren
3. Cat47
4. Yraelz(HC)
5. Math
6. Unstobbaple
7. Subutai
8. Think

With 8 players, it takes 5 to lynch. Dp2 ends on a successful lynch or after 72 hours.

Yraelz has replaced HybridChaos
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 10:23:53 PM
TheGirlWithNoIdentity Hath replaced ThinkBig.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 10:39:14 PM
At 2/19/2017 10:06:59 PM, Smithereens wrote:

With 8 players, it takes 5 to lynch. Dp2 ends on a successful lynch or after 72 hours.

72 hours = 5:10pm, EST, on 2/22/17
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 10:44:31 PM
Alright, no offense guys, but y'all didn't really get much done last DP. Inactivity isn't helpful to anyone but scum.

Tree's TR on Math was a little weird, but I feel like he explained it well enough- it was a first impression. I do find the fact that Tree called "are you town?" a "good discussion generator" http://www.debate.org... I've also just got some weird vibes from him, but a. My vibes are unreliable and usually wrong and b. There's a possibility I'm getting mixed up with my vibes on him from Schindler's List mafia, which I've also been reading. Overall, it's not enough to really go on but I'm keeping Tree on my radar.

Cat not wanting to answer whether or not he was town is also weird, but noobs do weird things like that. I would know, I am one lol.

Subutai and Unstob are both giving me town vibes, but like I said, my vibes are wrong a lot.
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 10:54:05 PM
Also, gonna say this now rather than later: I really think you should post your reads in the thread rather than a Google doc or something. I've got a couple reasons:
A. The email I'm automatically signed into on my computer has my last name on it . . . So I could sign out but I'm lazy and I need that email for things
B. It's less complicated if you keep everything in one space (the thread)
C. Depending on how the mods want to interpret it, it may count as talking about the game outside of mod-sanctioned threads and PMs
D. It makes it harder to catch slips, as people can change things and deny that they said them.

That's all. I think some people did this last game or something and I don't like it.
- Vaarka
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:24:24 PM
Hello all!

I apologize for my relative inactivity last game. Between homework, a debate on a topic I knew nothing about, Schindler's list, and this game I was less active than I would have liked to be. I've finished all those other things, so I plan to be much more active.
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
--Rev. Casy, The Grapes of Wrath
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:26:18 PM
I'll probably get tunneled for this the rest of the DP but Girl seems town. I'm rereading DP1 right now (won't take long lol) and I'll post more thoughts shortly.
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:27:23 PM
At 2/19/2017 10:44:31 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
I've also just got some weird vibes from him...

Do explain.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:35:55 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:27:23 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

Do explain.

Can't really explain vibes. It's more of a gut feeling.
- Vaarka
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:37:39 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:35:55 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Do explain.

Fair enough. Is it any one post or group of posts that give you that vibe or all of my posts in their entirety?
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:40:56 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:37:39 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

Do explain.

Fair enough. Is it any one post or group of posts that give you that vibe or all of my posts in their entirety?

Not sure, let me re-read real quick. There's a possibility it's because I was also reading Schindler's List and my vibes from there sort of "carried over", if that makes sense.

There is that one post I mentioned about calling "are you town?" a good discussion generator - that just seems like a weird thing to say to me.
- Vaarka
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:43:15 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:40:56 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
At 2/19/2017 11:37:39 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

Do explain.

Not sure, let me re-read real quick. There's a possibility it's because I was also reading Schindler's List and my vibes from there sort of "carried over", if that makes sense.
Keep in mind that I was scum in Schindler's.
There is that one post I mentioned about calling "are you town?" a good discussion generator - that just seems like a weird thing to say to me.
I guess so, but with this amount of activity anything that generates discussion is good. tbh I'm half inclined to say something really outrageous or scummy just to get people talking.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:47:47 PM
Keep in mind that I was scum in Schindler's.
Yep.
I guess so, but with this amount of activity anything that generates discussion is good.
True, I guess anything that gets people talking is good. It's not the best question for starting conversations and activity though.
tbh I'm half inclined to say something really outrageous or scummy just to get people talking.
Honestly, same.
I've gotta go do something irl, I'll be back in 20-60 minutes.
- Vaarka
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:50:05 PM
Cat, what are your thoughts on the game?
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:52:46 PM
Hello all and especially welcome Girl, glad to see you here. You instantaneously came out of the gate providing analysis and trying to get the game going therefore I have a slight town read on your for now. So I would like to ask, how do you think we should best proceed?

Though the fact that you have "weird vibes" from Tree is kind of interesting. I think thus far he has adequately explained himself. Perhaps this could make for some good discussion.

Final thing of note is Matt's death post:

Died Last Night: Matt - You are BtoB, one of the most underrated kpop groups out there. Although you're a vocal powerhouse and would deserve any and all recognition you get, you remain rather low on the public radar, and it took you a whole three years after debut to get your first music show win. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Highlighted is, what I suspect, the underlying theme of this game. I think it could be a case of famous vs underrated kpop groups. I do not have enough evidence to confirm this yet, but it is certainly a possibility.

I would like to hear a bit of thematic analysis from everyone else. So, what do you all make of the theme?
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:56:56 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:43:15 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
I guess so, but with this amount of activity anything that generates discussion is good. tbh I'm half inclined to say something really outrageous or scummy just to get people talking.

This to me at least seems rather peculiar to say. Surely saying something that is overtly scummy when you are not scum only harms the town does it not? Hell, if I am being really finicky some could interpret that as a "I am going to cover my tracks just in case I say something that I wasn't supposed to say" sort of thing. Picture this: you scum slip in some way shape or form, people question you on it. You can then just refer back to this post and say "Oah I was just trying to create discussion". I am not saying that this is the case, but it reads rather suspiciously to me at least.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:57:47 PM
At 2/19/2017 10:54:05 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Also, gonna say this now rather than later: I really think you should post your reads in the thread rather than a Google doc or something. I've got a couple reasons:
A. The email I'm automatically signed into on my computer has my last name on it . . . So I could sign out but I'm lazy and I need that email for things
B. It's less complicated if you keep everything in one space (the thread)
C. Depending on how the mods want to interpret it, it may count as talking about the game outside of mod-sanctioned threads and PMs
D. It makes it harder to catch slips, as people can change things and deny that they said them.

That's all. I think some people did this last game or something and I don't like it.

I'll disagree and here is why:

A. I'll make a new account for you in 3 minutes and send you the log in *snap*
B. It's less complicated than reading through pages and pages of text and cyclical arguments where mafia are equipped to confuse, obfusticate and distract. A single document that can be updated with specifics comment numbers, screenshots and is much much better for town.
C. Most mods do not and we can easily ask them.
D. It makes it easier to catch slips, you can referance them directly in your doc.

Girl: I'd even be willing to say it's scummy to avoid google docs in game without good reasons.

War: I've read two games you have been in. The most recent you recommended this immediately but you have not supported it and now I see girl arguing against it. A coached argument from a newb would be more convincing than a weak argument from an experienced player o.O.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:59:07 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:57:47 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:
Girl: I'd even be willing to say it's scummy to avoid google docs in game without good reasons.

War: I've read two games you have been in. The most recent you recommended this immediately but you have not supported it and now I see girl arguing against it. A coached argument from a newb would be more convincing than a weak argument from an experienced player o.O.

Is this a direct quote from anywhere?
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2017 11:59:23 PM
At 2/19/2017 11:56:56 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 2/19/2017 11:43:15 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

This to me at least seems rather peculiar to say. Surely saying something that is overtly scummy when you are not scum only harms the town does it not? Hell, if I am being really finicky some could interpret that as a "I am going to cover my tracks just in case I say something that I wasn't supposed to say" sort of thing. Picture this: you scum slip in some way shape or form, people question you on it. You can then just refer back to this post and say "Oah I was just trying to create discussion". I am not saying that this is the case, but it reads rather suspiciously to me at least.
I see your point. It was mostly a joke meant to highlight the inactivity last DP. This game seems to be picking up a little bit anyhow, though, so that certainly won't be necessary.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:00:55 AM
At 2/19/2017 11:59:23 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
I see your point. It was mostly a joke meant to highlight the inactivity last DP. This game seems to be picking up a little bit anyhow, though, so that certainly won't be necessary.

The activity last DP was not too terrible in my opinion. 203 posts is a considerable amount. Especially given a beginners game. I will let it slide for now, but I am gonna keep an eye on you for a bit.
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:01:00 AM
At 2/19/2017 11:52:46 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
Highlighted is, what I suspect, the underlying theme of this game. I think it could be a case of famous vs underrated kpop groups. I do not have enough evidence to confirm this yet, but it is certainly a possibility.
Possible but unlikely. My character does not specify famous vs. obscure. We shouldn't give too much credence to theme analysis at this point. It's too early in the game.
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:02:32 AM
At 2/20/2017 12:00:55 AM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 2/19/2017 11:59:23 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

The activity last DP was not too terrible in my opinion. 203 posts is a considerable amount. Especially given a beginners game. I will let it slide for now, but I am gonna keep an eye on you for a bit.

I don't think we should look just at posts as a measure of activity. Content-wise, we barely got out of the RVS and have very little information going into this DP.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:03:41 AM
At 2/20/2017 12:01:00 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Possible but unlikely. My character does not specify famous vs. obscure. We shouldn't give too much credence to theme analysis at this point. It's too early in the game.

Fair point, we should further discuss it if nothing comes out of this DP though.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:07:29 AM
At 2/19/2017 11:59:07 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 2/19/2017 11:57:47 PM, Unstobbaple wrote:

Is this a direct quote from anywhere?

I can refer you to the direct comment... hang on. It's somewhere in a game, The Shindler's list mafia. The first beginners mafia he made a list himself and supported the idea.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:10:09 AM
At 2/20/2017 12:07:29 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
I can refer you to the direct comment... hang on. It's somewhere in a game, The Shindler's list mafia. The first beginners mafia he made a list himself and supported the idea.

That is certainly very interesting.

@Girl, why the sudden change of heart? Why do you fully support using docs in one game and not in another?
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:14:24 AM
You can hold reads and game related info offsite, but you can't let other players edit them.
~Yraelz, 2017

mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:15:16 AM
At 2/20/2017 12:14:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
You can hold reads and game related info offsite, but you can't let other players edit them.

I see, thank you.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:20:50 AM
Tip:

So far players are refraining from voting. Even if you don't know who to vote for, you should still be voting. In this case, vote for anyone and see what happens. Your goal is to generate material that can be analysed for scum slips. Or if you're scum, to find a reason to mislynch someone. Either way, you all need to start voting each other.
~Yraelz, 2017

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2017 12:53:09 AM
Hello all and especially welcome Girl, glad to see you here. You instantaneously came out of the gate providing analysis and trying to get the game going therefore I have a slight town read on your for now. So I would like to ask, how do you think we should best proceed?
'Sup. I'm not quite sure how we should go forward. Smithers pointed out that we should actually vote for people, which is probably true, but I'm still not sure where to start on that.
Though the fact that you have "weird vibes" from Tree is kind of interesting. I think thus far he has adequately explained himself. Perhaps this could make for some good discussion.
When I say vibes, I mostly mean a gut feeling about someone. Tbh my vibes are wrong a lot, so I'm not sure how much stock you'd want to put into that.
Final thing of note is Matt's death post:

Maybe. Mine says I'm famous in one country but not as much outside of there.
I would like to hear a bit of thematic analysis from everyone else. So, what do you all make of the theme?
- Vaarka