Total Posts:926|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 7:56:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Welcome to Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

"If anyone is to blame for the state of the world, it is me. I should have seen this war coming and prevented it. You inherited my problems and my mistakes. But I believe you are destined to redeem me and save the world." - Avatar Roku

RULES

Read all of the following information carefully. It will behoove you to do so.

Activity

You are required to make 10 posts per DP. At least 5 of those posts must be substantive. A substantive post is any post the advances the progress of the game. The determination of what is or is not a substantive post is mine, and mine alone, to make.

Failure to meet this activity standard makes you eligible for replacement. If you know in advance that you won't be active, tell me ahead of time, otherwise I will have a lot less sympathy for you. For those who were insufficiently active but who had legitimate reasons for the low activity, I will expect you to make up for your inactivity in the next DP. You may receive 1 activity prompt in the last 24 to 12 hours of a DP; this is not guaranteed. A failure to get this prompt out to you will not excuse any inactivity.

PM Etiquette

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game. Discussion of these issues is strictly prohibited. You may not C/P anything from your PMs into the game or take photos of your PMs. There is to be no communicating via non-mod-initiated methods, even with teammates or hydra halves. This means there is to be no game-related discussion on G+ hangouts, rabb.it hangouts, unauthorized PMs on site, PMs offsite, etc. If you suspect or know that any such communication is taking place, you are obligated to inform me immediately.

Remember, paraphrasing is your friend. You may only paraphrase PM content. An acceptable paraphrase should substantially change the original wording of the passage, and that change should be noticeably more than mere deletion or addition. Violation of the rules in this section ("PM Etiquette") are the most severe breaches of rules in my games, and will most likely result in instantaneous mod-kills.

Other Issues

Observe civil and good conduct. Except in cases of exceptional rudeness, anyone who violates the conduct policy will receive 1 warning. Violations past that warning will result in you being replaced or mod-killed. What constitutes civil and good conduct is at my discretion. Additionally, all players must play to their win-con. Attempts to throw the game will not be tolerated. Play to win. Finally, excessive spamming, trolling, or thread derailment will also not be tolerated, and operates on the "1 warning, then replacement/mod-kill" paradigm.

Cycles and Voting

All DPs will be 72 hours long until the total number of players reaches the single digits. At that point, all DPs will become 48 hours. NPs will always be 24 hours less than the previous DP (so, a 48 hour DP is followed by a 24 hour NP). I am willing to grant extensions for the DPs or NPs upon request, but it will be at my discretion whether to grant those requests. DP extensions will be 12-24 hours; NP extensions will be 6-12 hours. Votes or unvotes cast in twilight will not be assessed. Once a lynch is secured, the DP immediately ends; you must refrain from posting after a lynch is announced or secured. A policy of majority (as opposed to plurality) lyncing is in force for this game. You are not required to unvote before re-voting, but you are required to use the acronym "VTL" to preface your votes and to bold your votes. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry, I will do a ctrl+f search for "VTL" and "unvote;" so using those specific phrases is important.

THEME

This game is based on the Avatar: The Last Airbender television show. It received a clear majority of the votes during the sign-up phase. I have slightly modified the set-up from my original plan, and so I apologize for the delay in getting this DP up. For those unfamiliar with the theme, this is an excellent resource: http://avatar.wikia.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

Skep
Chaos
Sui
Spinko
Flex
Unstob
Sarcastic
Vaar
Danielle
Think
Voice
Warren
Nothing
Fire
XLAV

With 15 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 3:00pm, EST, on 3/1/16.

Good luck, and let the game begin!
I'm a Bish.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 7:59:10 PM
posting before receiving the game link hehexd
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:07:56 PM
At 2/26/2017 7:59:10 PM, Vaarka wrote:

So you might be Town? Should we pressure Dani for lols or go after Sui? He seems easy enough to read.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:08:25 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:07:25 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
I win with the town.

I was gonna say "hah, what are the odds of a lie detector", and then I remembered Toph exists

I also win with the town
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

*puffs bubble pipe*
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:08:48 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:08:19 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:07:55 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
VTL Skep

Why him?

First on the list.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:09:13 PM

how ya doing buddy
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:09:38 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:07:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:

So you might be Town? Should we pressure Dani for lols or go after Sui? He seems easy enough to read.

Go for it, Imma pressure someone else

VTL Voice <3
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:10:14 PM
VTL NothingSpecial

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:10:17 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:09:13 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

how ya doing buddy

good, pressuring you though (simply to get things moving)
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:10:48 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:10:14 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
VTL NothingSpecial

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, but then I realized idk how active NS will be, so I decided to try you ;3
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:10:59 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:10:17 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:09:13 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

how ya doing buddy

good, pressuring you though (simply to get things moving)

Kewl.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:12:20 PM

*ahem*
Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:13:17 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:12:26 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Vaarka's town.

that was quick
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:13:40 PM
At 2/26/2017 7:56:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Sounds like bsh1 is a slave driver!! Dang. But all right, hopefully everything goes smoothly and it's for the better. In the interest of following my own wishes for these games so I can actually read the entire DP in under an hour and follow along, I'll make as many of my posts as condensed as I can.

What is SOP on day one? Pick a random name and vote for pressure or try to learn anything from PMs or what?

I'm gonna assume that perma-villains in the series are gonna be mafia here. I'm NOT going to assume characters like Iro and Zuko are villains.

Anyone get especially non-standard info in PMs or what looks like extra lore? I only got a line of lore and a standard role PM.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:14:17 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:10:26 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

Why do you instabuddy Vaarka?

Feels town. Why you hating?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:14:37 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:10:48 PM, Vaarka wrote:
VTL NothingSpecial

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing, but then I realized idk how active NS will be, so I decided to try you ;3

hows that pressure working out for ya

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:15:02 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:12:20 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

*ahem*

Don't mean to leave anyone out sorry

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:15:16 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:13:40 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Anyone get especially non-standard info in PMs or what looks like extra lore? I only got a line of lore and a standard role PM.

Don't get yourself modkilled, read the OP ffs.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:15:34 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:14:37 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:10:48 PM, Vaarka wrote:
VTL NothingSpecial

hows that pressure working out for ya

Just wonderful, in fact I feel like changing it

VTL Sui
-

*puffs bubble pipe*
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:16:00 PM

I resent that remark. Just because you fooled me doesn't make me a fool!! :P

Vaarka's town.

What?
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:16:20 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:13:40 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 2/26/2017 7:56:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Sounds like bsh1 is a slave driver!! Dang. But all right, hopefully everything goes smoothly and it's for the better. In the interest of following my own wishes for these games so I can actually read the entire DP in under an hour and follow along, I'll make as many of my posts as condensed as I can.

What is SOP on day one? Pick a random name and vote for pressure or try to learn anything from PMs or what?

I'm gonna assume that perma-villains in the series are gonna be mafia here. I'm NOT going to assume characters like Iro and Zuko are villains.

Why you fishing for info so early?
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:16:46 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:15:02 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Don't mean to leave anyone out sorry

Lol you missed my point. See bolded.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:17:09 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:15:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:
VTL Sui

Hey thanks man

At 2/26/2017 8:15:16 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Don't get yourself modkilled, read the OP ffs.

I did homie

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk

Where am I inviting that? Are we not allowed to analyze the theme? ffs

NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:17:38 PM
VTL Voice
Check your facts, not your privilege -- Christina Hoff Sommers

Trigger warning!! Trigger warning!! This is Ben Shapiro Thug Life. Trigger warning!! The Thug Life chose me. -- Ben Shapiro
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2017 8:17:41 PM
At 2/26/2017 8:16:00 PM, Sui_Generis wrote:

I resent that remark. Just because you fooled me doesn't make me a fool!! :P

VTL SUI for character claim

Vaarka's town.

What?

Feels town dude