Jump to topic:

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 12:55:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Think - You are SUKI. Despite your elegant robes, elaborate make up, and ceremonial fan, you are a ninja, who can disarm nearly any opponent with only a few graceful movements. Thus, you are the NINJA. If you carry out the NK, you cannot be tracked, followed, voyeured, or watched at night. You win with the mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Flex - You are KOH THE FACE STEALER. You are hella creepy. But, you are a spirit, not subject to the worries of us temporal folk. You're basically a ghost. Therefore, you are the TREE STUMP. After you die, you must continue to post. Fail to post at least 5 times after your death, and one of your fellow townies will lose their face (aka, they'll die and turn into other Tree Stumps). You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Think - Suki, Ninja - Mafia
Flex - Koh the Face Stealer, Tree Stump - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

Skep
Chaos
Sui
Spinko
Unstob
Sarcastic
Vaar
Danielle
Voice
Warren
Nothing
Fire
XLAV

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8:00pm, EST, on 3/5/17.

Good luck!
I'm a Bish.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:06:17 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:04:48 AM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm water nation btw. We should go ahead with the mass nation claim.

Not yet.
I want XLAV to claim first. I didn't like his entry, his play, his exit, nor his posts. I can see him as scum being all like "wah, we lost a power role off the bat, I want out".
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:12:54 AM
Oh, goodie.....a troll for a troll.

VTL Wylted

Flex, when you get in here, just post five times in rapid succession. Then the DP can end without concern.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:13:55 AM
ATTENTION

Also, I will be judging at a debate tournament on Saturday. It's the last tournament of the regular season, so we'll be finding out breaks for states as well. That means it's going to run late into the night, so I may not be online much at all that day.
I'm a Bish.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:21:25 AM
By the way, I am not the biggest fan of mass claims on DP2, or at least, not in a structured way. I would prefer not to do this, to be honest. We have enough that we don't have to worry about holding people to character claims, I think.

We already have very likely town of Sui, Fire, and Nothing
The inactives are the ones that need pressuring.

I would be down for a Wylted lynch today, based on XLAV's inactivity, his lack of obnoxiousness, and IIRC, his first post was for a claims list. If not him, then Unstoppable.

I do think scum is mostly in the inactives, which is why Think was up a paddle, and why they didn't vote for their ninja.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:33:32 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:00:01 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Wasn't it Spinko who wanted to divert the Think wagon?
Who else was trying?

I want to say Dani was.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:34:52 AM
Theme doesn't make sense currently. Suki is a good peoples. So unless someone has a really good thematic analysis that lines up with it we should disregard theme analysis.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:38:07 AM
Will post later. Doing a mass-data dump and file extract from NASA. Internet is running really slow (it took like 50 secondsnfor this page to load lol).

But real quick, I'll keep my promise to Warren:

VTL NS99
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:41:02 AM
Even though Dani was delaying the Think wagon she has a sense of paranoia to her posts. The combination makes me lean slight town on her.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:41:34 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:34:52 AM, TheFlex wrote:
Theme doesn't make sense currently. Suki is a good peoples. So unless someone has a really good thematic analysis that lines up with it we should disregard theme analysis.

You're right, "enemies of the Avatar" = mafia doesn't work anymore. That's worrying.

At 3/3/2017 1:21:25 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
By the way, I am not the biggest fan of mass claims on DP2, or at least, not in a structured way. I would prefer not to do this, to be honest. We have enough that we don't have to worry about holding people to character claims, I think.

Explain more why you think a nation claim is unwise? I'm not saying it isn't, but I don't see how it is.

I do think scum is mostly in the inactives

I agree, and I think we should pressure NS99 before focusing on Wylted. I'm okay with pressuring NS99 and then pressuring Wylted regardless of the result of the NS99 pressure before deciding a lynch, but I want to keep with what we know first, and many people are already on board with the NS99 pressure.

VTL NS99
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:42:44 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:41:02 AM, TheFlex wrote:
Even though Dani was delaying the Think wagon she has a sense of paranoia to her posts. The combination makes me lean slight town on her.

Agreed. What do you think of XLAV?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:43:04 AM

I actually have an idea, but I don't want people guessing at themes until we have people claiming. If my idea is right false claims should be likely to step in the doodoo and get caught out.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:43:05 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:41:34 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

It even makes "Team Avatar" look scummy in a sense.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:44:29 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:42:44 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 3/3/2017 1:41:02 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Agreed. What do you think of XLAV?

I couldn't read XLAV for shit. But I think the scum is among the inactives to include him. We'll see what Wylted comes up with. He's a very.....erratic player though.
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:44:42 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:43:05 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Is there anything else in your PM about rules for your posting? Not familiar with tree stump. If there are more rules but you're not allowed to say anything about them, then just quote me but don't write anything.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:45:22 AM
Bish, is NS99 on your "prod" list yet?

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:45:44 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:44:42 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
At 3/3/2017 1:43:05 AM, TheFlex wrote:

Is there anything else in your PM about rules for your posting? Not familiar with tree stump. If there are more rules but you're not allowed to say anything about them, then just quote me but don't write anything.

Nothing to my knowledge. What y'all saw was what I got.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:52:39 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:41:34 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:

You're right, "enemies of the Avatar" = mafia doesn't work anymore. That's worrying.

I suppose you are not most likely town, then, huh? lol

At 3/3/2017 1:21:25 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

Explain more why you think a nation claim is unwise? I'm not saying it isn't, but I don't see how it is.

Two reasons:
1. I think scum are more likely in the inactives than the actives from last DP. So, why have active players offer up nation information first, when we need info from these other players?
2. Mafia know who town are, and as such, may be able to derive roles by deriving likely character claims from knowing nations.

I do think scum is mostly in the inactives

I agree, and I think we should pressure NS99 before focusing on Wylted. I'm okay with pressuring NS99 and then pressuring Wylted regardless of the result of the NS99 pressure before deciding a lynch, but I want to keep with what we know first, and many people are already on board with the NS99 pressure.

VTL NS99

I have a feeling I know his role, and I don't want it outed yet. Also, why out a role before a character claim of someone who you agree is suspicious? Wouldn't the role being outed affect what character they may claim?
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:54:07 AM
Some particularly relevant posts from DP1

At 2/26/2017 9:07:00 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:48:00 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:47:20 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/26/2017 8:46:04 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:
I'm more likely than not a townie

Okay cool so my vote stays on you, scum.

Not if I get you lynched first

Blatant OMGUS and not liking this at all. VOT/NothingSpecial are probably not of the same alignment and probably not scum together.

What do we think here? Is he simply bussing or hedging, expecting NS99 to get lynched and putting all his chips on clearing VoT's name?

At 2/26/2017 9:15:47 PM, Chaos88 wrote:
At 2/26/2017 9:11:20 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

Not sure why you unvoted here. What changed? Why did his character claim prompt you to unvote?

Why did you place a vote, after a character claim?

Very anti-mafia to be the first to call this out, when I don't think it was so obvious that it would be worth it to bus. +town cred for Chaos.

Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2017 1:58:10 AM
At 3/3/2017 1:52:39 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
I suppose you are not most likely town, then, huh? lol
No, I'm not most likely town. I am certainly town. ;) Don't pull this sh!t with me... :P

I have a feeling I know his role, and I don't want it outed yet.
mm... should I reread DP1?

Also, why out a role before a character claim of someone who you agree is suspicious? Wouldn't the role being outed affect what character they may claim?
I don't know what you mean here. OH, you're saying NS99.... okay.

All right, I agree with you. I am still re-getting into the DP1 mindset. Forgot NS99 claimed Appa, so no sense in pressuring him for role when we don't have Wylted's character. Sorry.

VTL Wylted for character claim