Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 1:44:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
TOWN WINS!

Town:
Unstob - You are Nu'est, a boy group that debuted back in 2012. You have pretty good songs, but unfortunately, in all these years, you have yet to win a single award on a music show (though you've been nominated a few times--that's a start!). Thus, you are a Vanilla. You have no abilities.

Tree (replacing Opsi) - You are Vixx, known for your unique style as a "concept" group. You flawlessly adopt a different theme for each comeback, specializing most in dark concepts. You've taken on everything from voodoo dolls to cyborgs. For the ease with which you pick up each new image, you are a 1x Role Cop. Once per game, you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). You win with the Town.

Cat - You are BTS, currently one of the most popular groups internationally, having risen to fame in a remarkably short period of time. You also have an extremely dedicated and widespread fanbase, to the point where your name is frequently brought up on youtube videos that aren't even related to you. Thus, you are a Popular. You take one more vote to lynch than normal. You win with the Town.

Yraelz (replacing Chaos) - You are Mamamoo, a girl group that is refreshingly different from the norm. Full of incredible vocal ability and commanding stage presence, you know your music style and you're not afraid to pursue it with single-minded determination, regardless of current trends. Thus, you are a 1x Tracker. Once per game, you may select another player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

Warren - You are GFriend, a relatively new girl group with an impressive record of success. You're known for your pure and innocent image. Thus, you are an Angel. At the beginning of the game you will be provided with another player"s name. Once per game, at night, you may bestow protection on that player. For that night and the following day, they will be immune to most forms of death, including the mafia kill and lynchings. You win with the Town.

Matt - You are BtoB, one of the most underrated kpop groups out there. Although you're a vocal powerhouse and would deserve any and all recognition you get, you remain rather low on the public radar, and it took you a whole three years after debut to get your first music show win. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

TGWNI - You are Infinite, a kpop group that is highly respected in South Korea (though sadly not as famous internationally). Since you worked your way up from the very bottom, you know the value of hard work, and you've remained above the scandals that often plague kpop groups. You also have one of the most peaceful fandoms. This makes you an Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the Town.

Mafia:
Math - You are Exo, also one of the most popular kpop groups today and with a gigantic fanbase. Whenever you come back with a new song, it's sure to hit the top of the charts and win you multiple music show awards. This influence makes you a 1x Strongman. Once per game, you may target another player to die, bypassing any protective abilities. You win with the Mafia.

Subutai - You are Girl's Generation, also known as SNSD. Active since 2007, you are no doubt one of the most iconic kpop groups ever, and you were also the first kpop girl group to have 5 music videos reach over 100 million views. You even had multiple albums top the charts in Japan. Your power to beat the competition makes you a 1x Roleblocker. Once per game you may choose another player. That player will be unable to use their role. You win with the Mafia.

MOD NOTES
Dear Mafia,

Someone that you know is town claimed popular. That means he requires one more vote than everyone else to be lynched. This is especially bad as you reach the end of the game, because if you are at LYLO, the only way for them to be lynched is if they vote themselves. However, you had many opportunities to night kill the claimed popular.

Why did you never NK the claimed popular?

Sincerely, confused Vaarka
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 1:51:29 AM
At 3/9/2017 1:48:16 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Wow, I'm really bad at this game lol.

nah you're at the level I would expect from someone in a beginner game. You're doing fine :)
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 1:58:47 AM
Btw, whenever someone enters a game like this: http://www.debate.org...

lynch them.

Typically only scum will start disagreeing with everything the players have already said. It makes them looked engaged and valuable, as if they have something substantive to contribute. In fact all it's doing is proving they know something you don't.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 2:03:15 AM
Also, mafia could have won that LYLO if Sub had immediately voted for Tree and cat just followed.

Note that when you have 3 players remaining, one of them must be scum. If one of the other players is town, and you're town, you automatically know that Subtai must be the last scum. From Subtai's perspective, only tree is not confirmed town, so he should have immediately voted Tree because if Subtai pretended to be a town, then the only person who could be scum is Tree.

Had Subtai voted for Tree straight away, Cat would probably have done the same.
~Yraelz, 2017

Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 3:22:38 AM
At 3/9/2017 2:03:15 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Also, mafia could have won that LYLO if Sub had immediately voted for Tree and cat just followed.

Note that when you have 3 players remaining, one of them must be scum. If one of the other players is town, and you're town, you automatically know that Subtai must be the last scum. From Subtai's perspective, only tree is not confirmed town, so he should have immediately voted Tree because if Subtai pretended to be a town, then the only person who could be scum is Tree.

Had Subtai voted for Tree straight away, Cat would probably have done the same.

XD I know, I was like wth is going on? I even dared Math to log in and vote for me! When I realized Sub was mafia at the very end I was confused. How did they not lynch me!
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 3:24:30 AM
Everything Vaar and Smithers already said. Also
1. Don't post when you're dead.
2. Don't quote large amounts of text.
3. Don't try to use mod psych to guess how many power roles may or may not be in existence. It varies.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 3:32:33 AM
At 3/9/2017 1:48:16 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Wow, I'm really bad at this game lol.

I'm honestly not sure why you were targeted so hard. It led to my push for me to incorrectly lynch of Yraelz when he flipped on me so hard after pressuring me to the point of black mail.

Did Tree buddy with Yraelz? I'll have to look that up because that was probably why I was so fixated on him.

I really should have done a review but Tree put a VTL on me and I doubled down on Math.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 3:38:30 AM
At 3/9/2017 3:24:30 AM, Sapphique wrote:
3. Don't try to use mod psych to guess how many power roles may or may not be in existence. It varies.

So is this totally random? How is this calculated typically? I was just going based on the idea that it was randomly calculated somehow.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 3:56:26 AM

Was my post acceptable? I was surprised to see inactivity for so long at LYLO

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 4:08:26 AM
At 3/9/2017 3:56:26 AM, warren42 wrote:

Was my post acceptable? I was surprised to see inactivity for so long at LYLO
I wasn't referring to yours lol. It's all good.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 4:11:59 AM
At 3/9/2017 3:38:30 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
So is this totally random? How is this calculated typically? I was just going based on the idea that it was randomly calculated somehow.
Not random. There's not really an algorithm though. When we make setups we make sure that everything is balanced as best as we can, including the number and relative strength of the power roles. Obviously each game is different, so that will vary from game to game.

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 4:12:18 AM
At 3/9/2017 4:08:26 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Ok. I knew others had (and it was game-related) but I wasn't sure if mine was also included.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 4:14:01 AM
At 3/9/2017 4:12:18 AM, warren42 wrote:
At 3/9/2017 4:08:26 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Ok. I knew others had (and it was game-related) but I wasn't sure if mine was also included.
Technically you shouldn't post after you're dead no matter what the content is...I was just saying yours wasn't the one I had in mind when I wrote that. It's the game-affecting ones that the rule is designed to prevent.

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 4:15:12 AM
At 3/9/2017 4:14:01 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Technically you shouldn't post after you're dead no matter what the content is...I was just saying yours wasn't the one I had in mind when I wrote that. It's the game-affecting ones that the rule is designed to prevent.

Got it. Won't in the future.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 5:46:24 AM
At 3/9/2017 4:15:12 AM, warren42 wrote:
Also, at one point I believe you said that "Both GWNI and Cat have claimed "roles" that are usually modifiers." If you'll notice, at the start of DP1 there's a google doc with all possible roles that can be in the game along with their descriptions.

Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:20:20 AM
Damn it, I wanted to kill Cat since NP2, but Math kept encouraging me to kill more active players. It made sense at the time, but ending up in an LYLO situation with one confirmed townie is never good for scum.

I also can't help but think that Unst's posts in DP5 persuaded Cat into voting for me. Tree didn't make a case against me at all. I'll admit that that was partially on me, because I was too hesitant to post last DP (a scum tell of mine), but that certainly didn't help.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:21:51 AM
At 3/9/2017 1:58:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:

lynch them.

Typically only scum will start disagreeing with everything the players have already said. It makes them looked engaged and valuable, as if they have something substantive to contribute. In fact all it's doing is proving they know something you don't.

I can understand that, but a noob slip and an early town read are now scum tells, and a lot of people early on were pushing them like they were. Maybe my action there was colored by my affiliation, but neither of those things seemed scummy to me in the least.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:23:46 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:20:20 AM, Subutai wrote:
Damn it, I wanted to kill Cat since NP2, but Math kept encouraging me to kill more active players. It made sense at the time, but ending up in an LYLO situation with one confirmed townie is never good for scum.

I also can't help but think that Unst's posts in DP5 persuaded Cat into voting for me. Tree didn't make a case against me at all. I'll admit that that was partially on me, because I was too hesitant to post last DP (a scum tell of mine), but that certainly didn't help.

Logically it did not make sense to vote for you after after you guys did not lynch me after Tree's VTL on me.

Was math Like mia or what?

I really did not realize I had been killed. I kind of reacted once I saw cat was still in the mix. If you had lyched cat I think we still would have concluded u were mafia since you did not vote after making comments within 50 mins of the lynch vote.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:25:01 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:21:51 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 3/9/2017 1:58:47 AM, Smithereens wrote:

lynch them.

I can understand that, but a noob slip and an early town read are *not* scum tells, and a lot of people early on were pushing them like they were. Maybe my action there was colored by my affiliation, but neither of those things seemed scummy to me in the least.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:30:16 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:23:46 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:
Logically it did not make sense to vote for you after after you guys did not lynch me after Tree's VTL on me.

Was math Like mia or what?

I really did not realize I had been killed. I kind of reacted once I saw cat was still in the mix. If you had lyched cat I think we still would have concluded u were mafia since you did not vote after making comments within 50 mins of the lynch vote.

Actually, that was only because I was asleep during the last bit of DP4 (everything after post 92). Math was actually more active than I was, and we discussed who to kill each NP, and every time we killed the person who seemed to understand the game the best. In hindsight, that wasn't a very good decision, but I guess that's what this game is about.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:32:35 AM
Also, how did no one pick up on our attempted 1-2 quick lynch of Yraelz in DP3? It didn't seem suspicious to anyone that both Math and I placed votes on him seconds apart from each other that should have hammered him (had he not been protected by Warren's role)?
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:49:44 AM
Gg town. Sorry I had to replace out
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:50:55 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:32:35 AM, Subutai wrote:
Also, how did no one pick up on our attempted 1-2 quick lynch of Yraelz in DP3? It didn't seem suspicious to anyone that both Math and I placed votes on him seconds apart from each other that should have hammered him (had he not been protected by Warren's role)?

I did eventually but was at first confused and Math would not let me live that down contributing to my lynch push on him.

I think the inexperience was key. I didn't spot slips quickly enough and toward the end there were errors but I was really pressured by Tree.

I wish I had taken the time to review where my suspicion on Tree originally came from but he layed a vtl on me which really should have confirmed my Math/Tree team suspicion to anyone paying attention.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 10:27:44 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:21:51 AM, Subutai wrote:
I can understand that, but a noob slip and an early town read are now scum tells, and a lot of people early on were pushing them like they were. Maybe my action there was colored by my affiliation, but neither of those things seemed scummy to me in the least.

Yep. What's right and wrong is secondary to which affiliation would point it out. Scum are more often correct in their analysis than town. It's something to watch out for. When you're scum, change your reads up as new information is presented. Pursue lines of inquiry which are factually misguided, because that's what the town perspective is.

You entered this game with valid objections straight up, and that's something you would probably get nailed for in a normal game. Being correct is what you don't want to be as scum.
~Yraelz, 2017

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2017 8:12:12 PM
I think I figured out (part of) my problem with this game: I try to "fix" the things I'm doing wrong or that people are scum reading me for, but I do it in a terrible way lol. Like in 50.2, Voice had a slight scum read on me, or found me suspicious, at least. And in my ridiculously emotional subconscious, that meant he didn't like me, and I want to be liked, so I attempted to "fix" it by buddying/sheeping him.

I think this game was somewhat similar. Yraelz said the uncertainty in my reads was scummy, so I responded by pushing Tree way too hard.

My brain is annoying sometimes . . .
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2017 12:57:20 AM
At 3/9/2017 8:12:12 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
I think I figured out (part of) my problem with this game: I try to "fix" the things I'm doing wrong or that people are scum reading me for, but I do it in a terrible way lol. Like in 50.2, Voice had a slight scum read on me, or found me suspicious, at least. And in my ridiculously emotional subconscious, that meant he didn't like me, and I want to be liked, so I attempted to "fix" it by buddying/sheeping him.

I think this game was somewhat similar. Yraelz said the uncertainty in my reads was scummy, so I responded by pushing Tree way too hard.

My brain is annoying sometimes . . .

Lol, you shouldn't overreact to what someone says, especially since major reactions to it are sometimes scummy. You can do what they say, but remember to be a big girl and play according to how you think you should be playing

...unless it's extremely anti-town and everyone wants you to do something else
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*