Philosophers Mafia DP1

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 10:57:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
RULES (shamelessly stolen from bsh1):

Read all of the following information carefully. It will behoove you to do so.

Activity

You are required to make 10 posts per DP. At least 5 of those posts must be substantive. A substantive post is any post the advances the progress of the game. The determination of what is or is not a substantive post is mine, and mine alone, to make.

Failure to meet this activity standard makes you eligible for replacement. If you know in advance that you won't be active, tell me ahead of time, otherwise I will have a lot less sympathy for you. For those who were insufficiently active but who had legitimate reasons for the low activity, I will expect you to make up for your inactivity in the next DP. You may receive 1 activity prompt in the last 24 to 12 hours of a DP; this is not guaranteed. A failure to get this prompt out to you will not excuse any inactivity.

PM Etiquette

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game. Discussion of these issues is strictly prohibited. You may not C/P anything from your PMs into the game or take photos of your PMs. There is to be no communicating via non-mod-initiated methods, even with teammates or hydra halves. This means there is to be no game-related discussion on G+ hangouts, rabb.it hangouts, unauthorized PMs on site, PMs offsite, etc. If you suspect or know that any such communication is taking place, you are obligated to inform me immediately.

Remember, paraphrasing is your friend. You may only paraphrase PM content. An acceptable paraphrase should substantially change the original wording of the passage, and that change should be noticeably more than mere deletion or addition. Violation of the rules in this section ("PM Etiquette") are the most severe breaches of rules in my games, and will most likely result in instantaneous mod-kills.

Other Issues

Observe civil and good conduct. Except in cases of exceptional rudeness, anyone who violates the conduct policy will receive 1 warning. Violations past that warning will result in you being replaced or mod-killed. What constitutes civil and good conduct is at my discretion. Additionally, all players must play to their win-con. Attempts to throw the game will not be tolerated. Play to win. Finally, excessive spamming, trolling, or thread derailment will also not be tolerated, and operates on the "1 warning, then replacement/mod-kill" paradigm.

Cycles and Voting

All DPs will be 72 hours long . NPs will always be 48 hours. I am willing to grant extensions for the DPs or NPs upon request, but it will be at my discretion whether to grant those requests. DP extensions will be 12-24 hours; NP extensions will be 6-12 hours. Votes or unvotes cast in twilight will not be assessed. Once a lynch is secured, the DP immediately ends; you must refrain from posting after a lynch is announced or secured. A policy of majority (as opposed to plurality) lyncing is in force for this game. You are not required to unvote before re-voting, but you are required to use the acronym "VTL" to preface your votes and to bold your votes. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry, I will do a ctrl+f search for "VTL" and "unvote;" so using those specific phrases is important. Votes that exclude "VTL" and are not bolded WILL NOT BE COUNTED UNDER ANY CIRUMSTANCE.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Danielle/Magic
2. Warren42
3. Mharman
4. Unstoppable
5. Kesc
6. Chaos
7. Lucky
8. Wylted
9. Bailey
10. YYW
11. Tree
12. Geo
13. Subutai
14. SarcasticIndeed

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
The DP ends 7 PM EST, 3/17/2017
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:04:57 PM
I believe this is the most players I have ever played with in one game.

In case any of us have not met, I'm Kescarte. I came here to play mafia and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
"Never thought I'd be sitting up at 9:20 at night discussing with a random stranger how to best acquire a goat carcass." ~Tree of Death

==================================================================

Check out my gaming channel if you are into that sort of thing:

https://www.youtube.com...
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:05:11 PM
My first mafia. Let's see how this goes.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:06:13 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:04:57 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

In case any of us have not met, I'm Kescarte. I came here to play mafia and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:06:45 PM
Fun times. Glad to see two people are posting.

Let's start with some claims.

I'd like to see Mharman's character.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:07:11 PM

Unvote

I'm just messin' with you. But seriously, that meme is old. Stop it.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:07:19 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:06:13 PM, Mharman wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:08:28 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:07:19 PM, YYW wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

I got a babysitter. Is that town or mafia?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:11:02 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:08:28 PM, Mharman wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

Is that supposed to be a role? What does a babysitter do?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:12:25 PM

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

I asked for your character, not your role.

You just gave me your role, which -- lucky for you -- is town affiliated.

Very strong town read on MHarman now.

Your character is going to be some philosopher.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:14:11 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:12:25 PM, YYW wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

Everybody got some philosopher, didn't they?

I got Maurice Merleau-Ponty. Some French guy.

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:17:47 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:11:02 PM, Wylted wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

Is that supposed to be a role? What does a babysitter do?

Crap!!! Now that I revealed my role, the mafia might use that to their advantage. I didn't think of that until now!

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:19:04 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:14:11 PM, Mharman wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

Cool.

Well, what I'll say is that at this point, you're as good as any townie could conceivably be. You also have an interesting role.

Do not tell anyone who you are going to use your role on. That would strongly advantage the mafia, and potentially enable them to kill two people at once if your role works the way it should work.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:20:39 PM
Crap!!! Now that I revealed my role, the mafia might use that to their advantage. I didn't think of that until now!

Stop trolling.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:21:36 PM
Reads:

Kescarte:
Dank memer. Has only one post, and left.

YYW:
Asked me for character claim.

Wylted:
Asked what my role meant.

List of users by probability of mafia (highest to lowest)
-Wylted
-Kescarte
-YYW

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:22:06 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:20:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

Stop trolling.

Trolling? How am I trolling?

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:23:02 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:19:04 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/14/2017 11:14:11 PM, Mharman wrote:

That meme grew so old.

For that reason...

VTL Kescarte

What is your character?

Cool.

Well, what I'll say is that at this point, you're as good as any townie could conceivably be. You also have an interesting role.

Do not tell anyone who you are going to use your role on. That would strongly advantage the mafia, and potentially enable them to kill two people at once if your role works the way it should work.

Exactly. Post #14.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:24:35 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:23:02 PM, Mharman wrote:
Exactly. Post #14.

Please cut out unnecessary parts when quoting. It makes the DP easier to read.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:24:44 PM
I feel like an idiot.

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:25:35 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:24:35 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 3/14/2017 11:23:02 PM, Mharman wrote:
Exactly. Post #14.

Please cut out unnecessary parts when quoting. It makes the DP easier to read.

Ok. Got it.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:28:37 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:19:39 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/14/2017 11:15:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
Wow.

What is your character?

Why are you asking everybody this? What is your strategy?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:32:43 PM
At 3/14/2017 11:28:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
Why are you asking everybody this? What is your strategy?

To gain information, obviously. Do you not want to character claim? Why?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:35:58 PM

What is your character?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:59:19 PM
So it looks like Mharman, Kescarte and Lucky are new (or I haven't played with them before). Magic is new too. Unstobb tends to lurk for awhile. VTL Kescarte for a character claim.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2017 11:59:43 PM
Analysis: Wylted

I have some serious suspicions about him.

1. He falsely accuses me of trolling, provides no reason for his premature judgement when I ask what it is that I'm doing that makes me a troll.

2. Once I revealed my role, I immediately had regrets (Post #14). I realized that the mafia could use my role to their advantage. Just as I thought that, Wylted asked me what my role meant.

3. Wylted gets defensive when YYW asks for character claim.

Resolution: Wylted is likely mafia. You are welcome to try to convince me otherwise. But this is where I am currently at.

VTL Wylted

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2017 12:00:29 AM
At 3/14/2017 11:59:19 PM, Danielle wrote:
So it looks like Mharman, Kescarte and Lucky are new

Post #2.