Philosophers Mafia DP2

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 1:41:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Wylted: You are G.E. Moore, the Roleblocker. Each night, you may target any player. That night, that player with be blocked from using their role. You win with the Mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Mharman: You are Maurice Merleau-Ponty, the Babysitter. Each night, you may target any player and protect them. However, if you choose to protect a player and are killed that night, both you and the player you protected die. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Wylted (Mafia)
Mhar (Town)

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Danielle/Magic
2. Warren42
3. Unstoppable
4. Kesc
5. Chaos
6. Lucky
7. Bailey
8. YYW
9. Tree
10. Geo
11. Subutai
12. SarcasticIndeed

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 10 PM EST on 3/29/17.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 1:49:23 AM
At 3/27/2017 1:43:59 AM, YYW wrote:
Longest. Night phase. Ever.

Social dropped the ball on this.

I'm Edmund Husserl and Social is one Bad Hombre... I'll send him to 'the sunken place.'

http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 1:50:05 AM

That's what happens when he gets a college student who lives in the boonies with no wi-fi as a co-mod. Apologies to all btw.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 1:59:55 AM
At 3/27/2017 1:49:23 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

I'm Edmund Husserl and Social is one Bad Hombre... I'll send him to 'the sunken place.'

Why claim now?
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM
Well, one could not ask for a more successful day for town. 14 players and we get the scum on the first attempt.

What, pray tell, appears to be the next order of business? Since it has been awhile, I have forgotten where we left off.
"Never thought I'd be sitting up at 9:20 at night discussing with a random stranger how to best acquire a goat carcass." ~Tree of Death

==================================================================

Check out my gaming channel if you are into that sort of thing:

https://www.youtube.com...
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM
womp womp

Upside: we all had a solid eleven days to think
down side: It was also enough time to forget our thoughts
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:04:40 AM
At 3/27/2017 1:59:55 AM, YYW wrote:
At 3/27/2017 1:49:23 AM, Unstobbaple wrote:

Why claim now?

You made like 50 protests to get peeps to claim. I was not online or very active but I've had a week to catch up. I don't see the harm in posting my philosopher but in general I do avoid character claims if they lead to role implications that can help mafia.

Here's a link to my clinical record of DP1: https://docs.google.com...

I keep track of significant comments and you made 11 character claim pressuring posts that I considered significant so I figured I'd open round 2 with mine.
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:04:56 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
womp womp

+1
"Never thought I'd be sitting up at 9:20 at night discussing with a random stranger how to best acquire a goat carcass." ~Tree of Death

==================================================================

Check out my gaming channel if you are into that sort of thing:

https://www.youtube.com...
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:06:56 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
womp womp

I never forget: http://thehill.com...
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:10:54 AM
When last we left off eleven days ago Geo was reading scum to me. Doing an analysis of Geo's play, I noted the following:

She first dismissed the continental philosophers theme when YYW suggested it at post 305. This could easily be scum misdirection if, as I suspect, mafia was told the theme. Also, she was the first to suggest the 20th century philosophers theme and four 20th century philosopher claims, including Warren's (who also reads a little scum to me) then followed. The most suspicious move is of course when she defended Wylted's character claim at post 434, and as we know he ended up being guilty. Not only did she defend it, but it was an odd way to defend. It was pointed out that the character claimed isn't a philosopher and Geo's defense of it was, "she has ties to philosophy."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:14:26 AM
At 3/27/2017 1:50:05 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

That's what happens when he gets a college student who lives in the boonies with no wi-fi as a co-mod. Apologies to all btw.

We all forgive you. Social, on the other hand, less so.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:15:21 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:10:54 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
When last we left off eleven days ago Geo was reading scum to me. Doing an analysis of Geo's play, I noted the following:

She first dismissed the continental philosophers theme when YYW suggested it at post 305. This could easily be scum misdirection if, as I suspect, mafia was told the theme. Also, she was the first to suggest the 20th century philosophers theme and four 20th century philosopher claims, including Warren's (who also reads a little scum to me) then followed.

Why would the four 20th century claims bother you? Are you suggesting Geo had inside theme knowledge?

The most suspicious move is of course when she defended Wylted's character claim at post 434, and as we know he ended up being guilty. Not only did she defend it, but it was an odd way to defend. It was pointed out that the character claimed isn't a philosopher and Geo's defense of it was, "she has ties to philosophy."

Aside from that one flaw, I think that this is pretty good analysis. Hopefully you can clear up what I took issue with.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:17:04 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
What, pray tell, appears to be the next order of business? Since it has been awhile, I have forgotten where we left off.

Lucky was making a case against warren (I believe primarily based on character claim). I expanded on the case against warren, and made the case against Wylted that I promised I'd make from earlier in the DP. We went with lynching Wylted, but I'm okay revisiting warren.

It's also likely Geographia is scum (see Magic's post above). She defended Wylted multiple times when people pointed out his unlikely character claim. Can someone re-post the claims list? I'd like to hear from mb8 today as well. Come out, come out, wherever you are :)

Does anyone have any useful or interesting night action results?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:18:00 AM
So did mharman not babysit anyone do we think? Or do we think he babysat a role with a strong modifier (Not sure if that's the right terminology. Someone like BP or strongman) or was his target protected by someone else?
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:18:52 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:15:21 AM, warren42 wrote:

Why would the four 20th century claims bother you? Are you suggesting Geo had inside theme knowledge?

Yea. Like I said, I suspect that the Mafia had inside theme knowledge. I suspect Geo of being mafia so I do think she had theme knowledge.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:19:48 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:10:54 AM, LikeMagic wrote:

She first dismissed the continental philosophers theme when YYW suggested it at post 305. This could easily be scum misdirection if, as I suspect, mafia was told the theme. Also, she was the first to suggest the 20th century philosophers theme and four 20th century philosopher claims, including Warren's (who also reads a little scum to me) then followed. The most suspicious move is of course when she defended Wylted's character claim at post 434, and as we know he ended up being guilty. Not only did she defend it, but it was an odd way to defend. It was pointed out that the character claimed isn't a philosopher and Geo's defense of it was, "she has ties to philosophy."

Interesting, I'll search for her posts on my convenient pdf: https://drive.google.com...
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:20:51 AM
1. Danielle/Magic - Simone de Beauvoir (DP1) (Post # 67)
2. Warren42 - Joxe Azurmendi (DP1) (Post # 213)
3. Mharman - Maurice Merleau-Ponty (DP1) (Post #11)
4. Unstoppable - Edmund Husserl (DP2) (Post #3)
5. Kesc - Walter Benjamin (DP1) (Post # 39)
7. Lucky - NOT CLAIMED
8. Wylted - Renee Vivien (DP1) (Post # 432(
9. Bailey (Mb8) - NOT CLAIMED
10. YYW - Soren Kierkegaard (DP1) (Post # 64)
11. Tree - Emil Cioran (DP1) SOFT CLAIM ONLY (See Dani's Post # 252)
12. Geo - Martin Heidegger (DP1) (Post # 155)
13. Subutai - Jacques Derrida (DP1) (Post # 296)
14. SarcasticIndeed Emmanuel Levinas (DP1) (Post # 360)
LikeMagic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:22:24 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:17:04 AM, Danielle wrote:

It's also likely Geographia is scum (see Magic's post above). She defended Wylted multiple times when people pointed out his unlikely character claim. Can someone re-post the claims list? I'd like to hear from mb8 today as well. Come out, come out, wherever you are :)

claims list posted
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:29:57 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:22:24 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
claims list posted

TY. I guess there's nothing more to do at this point unless we have some results or the people in question (warren and Geo... and I think mb8) would like to add anything to the discussion.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:34:57 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:18:52 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
At 3/27/2017 2:15:21 AM, warren42 wrote:

Yea. Like I said, I suspect that the Mafia had inside theme knowledge. I suspect Geo of being mafia so I do think she had theme knowledge.

So do you think that 20th century is the theme?
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:38:13 AM
I'm down for a lynch on unstopp, mb8, or even lucky, possibly even yyw.

I think our best bet is noob inactives.
I'm glad mhartman was nkd, he was bothering me with certain things he was doing, but noob annoying teen town....yeah.

I'm thinking he didn't target anyone.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:39:24 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:34:57 AM, warren42 wrote:

Is this really the best you could do? o_O
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:40:43 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:38:13 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

Can you please give at least a brief justification of each?

I'm thinking he didn't target anyone.

That's what I'm gonna assume, just because I don't know how babysitter works if they target a role with some sort of strong modifier or if their target was protected.
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:41:31 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:39:24 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/27/2017 2:34:57 AM, warren42 wrote:

Is this really the best you could do? o_O

There's a point to the question, and I'll probably have a follow-up when I get an answer.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:41:33 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:38:13 AM, Chaos88 wrote:

Do you have a case against these people? Why are we focusing on them? And howcome you're cool with lynching mb8 all of a sudden (she only made 2 posts - really 1) and I don't think a single person agreed with me calling her out yesterday. Interesting.

Anyway, what do you think about the case against warren and Geo?
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:43:08 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:29:57 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/27/2017 2:22:24 AM, LikeMagic wrote:
claims list posted

TY. I guess there's nothing more to do at this point unless we have some results or the people in question (warren and Geo... and I think mb8) would like to add anything to the discussion.

Let's lynch mb8, then.
VTL mb8

FYI, I have two job interviews in the morning, and likely a third this week. Plus, my team will be training others this week. Plush I should be going back to college next week. So....I'd prefer to rush things.

Lucky said the theme is continental vs something. That's what it is, unless the flips do not allign.

We should be looking at poor mafia players and lucky as scum, I think.
Unstobbaple
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:44:55 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:17:04 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/27/2017 2:04:27 AM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Lucky was making a case against warren (I believe primarily based on character claim). I expanded on the case against warren, and made the case against Wylted that I promised I'd make from earlier in the DP. We went with lynching Wylted, but I'm okay revisiting warren.

Does anyone have any useful or interesting night action results?

multiple posts pressuring yyws tactics making him more towny.

If you are confident Geo is scum:

# 353 she said: "Mhar, Kescrates and YYW are town." (no evidence given) Also see 361
# 358 Accussed Subtai: "Are you scum with whoever Wittgenstein is?
If you could bullish!t a theme for this game, what would it be?"
#583 "Also YYW, I noticed you did not vote Wylted."
#486 "What do you think about Wylted claiming he had a cop result when the mod was away for hours?"
#491 "Why YYW?"

Her interactions with YYW are confusing but she does clearly state he is town. I've been suspicious of Mhar who she has also clashed with. Looking up Wylted Mhar and Kes next in that order.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:45:55 AM
At 3/27/2017 2:43:08 AM, Chaos88 wrote:
Lucky said the theme is continental vs something. That's what it is, unless the flips do not allign.

Both continental and analytic philosophers were revealed last DP and presumed town I believe.

We should be looking at poor mafia players and lucky as scum, I think.

Why Lucky? Why poor mafia players? What are you talking about lol do you have a case against anyone in particular?