Jump to topic:

Does every fat person end up with diabetes

grandma-complex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2017 4:18:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nah. Having a lot of excess body fat is a risk for diabetes because it implies you've eaten so much that your insulin receptors are now damaged. But just because your fat does not mean you have diabetes.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2017 8:52:55 PM
At 5/19/2017 8:26:27 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Do all fat people eventually end up with diabetes after 40? Or is this a myth?

Not necessary to be either fat or more than 40. A friend of mine has diabetes since his adolescence given that he used to drink too much soft drink. Now he's got to put glucose in this body daily.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 1:21:00 PM
At 9/11/2017 8:51:50 AM, NaughtyCat wrote:
Naa, some fat person end up with successful careers! how about that for a change?

Like John Candy and Chris Farley???
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 1:52:20 PM
Well, all fat (and not just overweight, but technically obese) people will have a shortened life-span if they actually don't lose weight; they can develop heart disease, diabetes, and various types of cancer--so their health in general is compromised by obsesity.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 3:53:26 PM
At 9/11/2017 1:52:20 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Well, all fat (and not just overweight, but technically obese) people will have a shortened life-span if they actually don't lose weight; they can develop heart disease, diabetes, and various types of cancer--so their health in general is compromised by obsesity.

That's what I say, but some plumpers on here believe that you can be fat and healthy at the same time, some dude tried to have a debate about it here.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2017 4:17:27 PM
At 9/11/2017 3:53:26 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 9/11/2017 1:52:20 PM, Emilrose wrote:

That's what I say, but some plumpers on here believe that you can be fat and healthy at the same time, some dude tried to have a debate about it here.

Yeah, being fat and healthy just isn't possible; similarly as being underweight and healthy isn't possible either.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 11:27:55 AM
I have diabetes and I have never been over weight. I did, however, spend approx 6mths eating a big bag of sweets 5 nights a week. That'll do it.
HaroldF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2017 9:47:56 AM
At 5/23/2017 4:18:38 AM, grandma-complex wrote:
Nah. Having a lot of excess body fat is a risk for diabetes because it implies you've eaten so much that your insulin receptors are now damaged. But just because your fat does not mean you have diabetes.
Thanks & Regards
---------------------------
Harold F Allen
https://www.MucusPlugs.com...
https://militarydietreviews.com...
DnD
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2017 3:39:23 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I am considering that the poster is in fear of developing diabetes, and is likely morbidly obese.

There is many health risks besides diabetes to consider including and not limited to cancer, liver issues, bladder and bowel issues, skeletal disorders.... the list goes on.

Fat acceptance has given fat people an excuse to destroy their bodies. And normalized their self destructive behaviour.

Along with major health issues, fat people generally have food addiction. Addiction will destroy their lives, as well as their families.

So never mind worrying about just diabetes, their is more to consider.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2017 3:58:17 PM
At 11/27/2017 3:39:23 PM, DnD wrote:
I am considering that the poster is in fear of developing diabetes, and is likely morbidly obese.

There is many health risks besides diabetes to consider including and not limited to cancer, liver issues, bladder and bowel issues, skeletal disorders.... the list goes on.

Fat acceptance has given fat people an excuse to destroy their bodies. And normalized their self destructive behaviour.

Along with major health issues, fat people generally have food addiction. Addiction will destroy their lives, as well as their families.

So never mind worrying about just diabetes, their is more to consider.

This is just a discussion of what you think, but what is the pressing issue you want to discuss?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 3:35:39 PM
My grandmother was fat my entire life and died at the ripe old age of 95. She never got diabetes or had any heart problems. She got dementia. I don't know if that was related to her obesity or not. She ate white bread with every meal, and she ate fried food just about every day. There were lots of biscuits and gravy. It's hard to imagine a less healthy diet.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 6:38:36 PM
At 12/15/2017 3:35:39 PM, philochristos wrote:
My grandmother was fat my entire life and died at the ripe old age of 95. She never got diabetes or had any heart problems. She got dementia. I don't know if that was related to her obesity or not. She ate white bread with every meal, and she ate fried food just about every day. There were lots of biscuits and gravy. It's hard to imagine a less healthy diet.

Some people are lucky and have good genes, they can eat whatever and live a long time, then there are others who eat all healthy, work out everyday and still die of cancer at 45. I think food is just one aspect of peoples aging, I think genes and chromosomes and family history also plays a big factor.

philochristos judging by your grandmothers genes, you might live to be a 100!!
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 6:54:14 PM
At 12/15/2017 6:38:36 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

It doesn't look good. A lot of the women in my family live to be in their 90's, but all the men die around 60.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 6:57:51 PM
At 12/15/2017 6:54:14 PM, philochristos wrote:

It doesn't look good. A lot of the women in my family live to be in their 90's, but all the men die around 60.

That's not good, are the men eating too much red meat, too much alcohol? tobacco? Why such a difference between the men and women?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 7:34:38 PM
At 12/15/2017 6:57:51 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

That's not good, are the men eating too much red meat, too much alcohol? tobacco? Why such a difference between the men and women?

I don't know what makes the difference. Both my dad and his dad smoked. My died died at 57 of esophageal cancer, and his dad died at 62 of some kind of respiratory disease. My dad's mother did not smoke. She's the one who died at 95. You'd think, based on that, that smoking is what made the difference.

But then look at my mom's side of the family. My mom's mom lived to be in her 90's, and her mother lived to be in her 90's, too, and the both smoked. My mom also smoked, and she lived to be in her 70's. She died young compared to all the other women in her family, but she didn't smoke any more than the rest of them did.

My dad also had acid reflux, which probably contributed to his having esophageal cancer. As for me, I don't smoke, but I do have esophageal cancer.

Another factor for my dad was that he was not married. He divorced two or three times by the time he hit his late 30's and never remarried. Supposedly, that puts men at risk of dying young. If so, then I've got that working against me, too. I divorced in my mid 20's and never remarried.

So I suspect I'll die around the age of 60. That's my guess. I may live a little longer since I don't smoke, but you never know. It's crazy how much fried food they eat on my dad's side of the family, and nobody on that side has ever had any heart problems.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 7:35:55 PM
At 12/15/2017 7:34:38 PM, philochristos wrote:

My dad also had acid reflux, which probably contributed to his having esophageal cancer. As for me, I don't smoke, but I do have esophageal cancer.

Woops! i meant to say I do have acid reflux.

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 9:34:45 PM
At 12/15/2017 7:34:38 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 12/15/2017 6:57:51 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I don't know what makes the difference. Both my dad and his dad smoked. My died died at 57 of esophageal cancer, and his dad died at 62 of some kind of respiratory disease. My dad's mother did not smoke. She's the one who died at 95. You'd think, based on that, that smoking is what made the difference.

But then look at my mom's side of the family. My mom's mom lived to be in her 90's, and her mother lived to be in her 90's, too, and the both smoked. My mom also smoked, and she lived to be in her 70's. She died young compared to all the other women in her family, but she didn't smoke any more than the rest of them did.

Another factor for my dad was that he was not married. He divorced two or three times by the time he hit his late 30's and never remarried. Supposedly, that puts men at risk of dying young. If so, then I've got that working against me, too. I divorced in my mid 20's and never remarried.

So I suspect I'll die around the age of 60. That's my guess. I may live a little longer since I don't smoke, but you never know. It's crazy how much fried food they eat on my dad's side of the family, and nobody on that side has ever had any heart problems.

Women also live longer then men in general, but hopefully you live a long time, life is already short as it is, got to enjoy it as much as you can

That's why I live each day like it's my last, but I'm an adrenaline junkie, I will ride my motorbike at 200 mph regularly, I figure if I'm going to go it won't be drooling on a ventilator in some hospital at 77, I would rather die at 200 mph hitting a car, at least I will go out with pleasure, but that's just me
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 9:44:29 PM
At 12/15/2017 9:34:45 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Women also live longer then men in general, but hopefully you live a long time, life is already short as it is, got to enjoy it as much as you can

That's why I live each day like it's my last, but I'm an adrenaline junkie, I will ride my motorbike at 200 mph regularly, I figure if I'm going to go it won't be drooling on a ventilator in some hospital at 77, I would rather die at 200 mph hitting a car, at least I will go out with pleasure, but that's just me

I know what you mean. Every day I ask myself whether it's worth it to live a long life without pizza and Dr. Pepper or to live a short life indulging in both. I go back and forth on it.

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2017 2:01:37 AM
No, but they are way more likely to get it.
If you eat lots of stuff with sugar and carbohydrates, and your only exercise is chewing, A healthy body may generate enough insulin to keep your blood sugar at the proper level, but these things make it much more of a challenge.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:58:48 PM
At 12/15/2017 9:44:29 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 12/15/2017 9:34:45 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I know what you mean. Every day I ask myself whether it's worth it to live a long life without pizza and Dr. Pepper or to live a short life indulging in both. I go back and forth on it.

I say enjoy the pizza and Dr. Pepper!!! What the hell you only live once, why limit yourself on guilty pleasures.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2017 5:44:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago

Pretty sure that's a myth, but it stems from the ability that weight gain increases risk.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
klifecare
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2018 9:47:19 AM
Posted: 9 months ago

No necessary. it depends on the lifestyle of a person.