Jump to topic:

Red meat - is it good for you or not

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 3:54:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm getting really confused about what I should eat that is healthy. Some people say red meat is really bad and you should just stick to a vegetarian diet, then other people say if you don't eat red meat, you are missing out on protein and you can become anemic. So do I eat red meat or don't I??
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 4:17:43 PM
I say keep eating it; there's nothing particularly bad about red meat providing it's cooked properly, and it is a good source of iron--if you eat it regularly, your haemoglobin levels will likely be fairly decent.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2017 5:27:51 PM
At 8/18/2017 4:17:43 PM, Emilrose wrote:
I say keep eating it; there's nothing particularly bad about red meat providing it's cooked properly, and it is a good source of iron--if you eat it regularly, your haemoglobin levels will likely be fairly decent.

That's what I think, I love red meat, a nice steak done rare on the grill. But a lot of people say that red meat is bad for you and you shouldn't eat it at all and you will live longer. Like for example a lot of people in India do not eat beef or pork, just vegetables.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2017 11:50:10 PM
It's about as good for you as watching Jake Paul vlog.

Seriously though. Stop it. You might get Salmonella.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Notamoron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2017 3:48:46 AM
The answer to your question is subjective in a sense. What are you comparing it too? Compared to highly processed plastic foods, then yes it's good for you. It has protein and certain nutrients that are beneficial for health, but our bodies are not designed to process red meat. There's been numerous studies proving that it causes Various cancers, Diabetes, Scoliosis, Coronary heart disease and the list goes on. Every time any human eats meat, it inflames our colon, since as I mentioned, we're not designed to process meat. Do a bit of research on Dr. Michael Gregor, he has a youtube channel and has a lot of scientific studies backing up his findings.
So whether or not you should continue eating red meat is really up to you. A plant based vegan diet will definitely be better for your health and make it far less likely that you develop various health problems, and you'll probably live a lot longer. However is it worth giving up meat? That's subjective depending on the individual.

On the protein side of things, Soy, black beans, chickpea's, brown rice, quinoa, sunflower seeds, etc all have AMPLE protein. The average person requires around 50g of protein per day. In a 300 calorie serve of Black beans, you attain about 23g of protein...In a 300 calorie serve of tempeh you get about 30g of protein.
In a 300 calorie serve of oats you get around 12g of protein.

There's tonnes of vegan bodybuilders out there who don't touch protein shakes Jon venus, mischa janiec, brian turner etc.
A perfect poster boy for veganism is Frank medrano. (guy in the picture below). He's 59 years old.
http://www.cutandjacked.com...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 3:16:19 PM
At 8/18/2017 3:54:56 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I'm getting really confused about what I should eat that is healthy. Some people say red meat is really bad and you should just stick to a vegetarian diet, then other people say if you don't eat red meat, you are missing out on protein and you can become anemic. So do I eat red meat or don't I??

No, it is an acid ash forming food and will only serve to break down your own tissue in the long run. Whether it tastes good or not, smells wonderful smoking in a grill or makes you feel warm and fuzzy while you eat it is regardless. It is terrible to digest, hard on the kidneys and it is dead animal flesh, that is disgusting. Why would anyone want to eat another animals flesh?
No, you want raw foods, fruits, berries and melons. You don't even want to cook your foods ideally as it tears apart the chemistry you are trying to receive from it. You want living, electrical and alkaline foods.

Do your body a favor and don't consume it, you don't need it. I stopped eating it and I eat like a king. As a matter of fact meat always kinda grossed me out but I grew up in America with the standard crap diet and was brainwashed that I had to eat it.
Nothing could have been further from the truth. Actually it was much harder, and still is for me to give up dairy and cheese, but not hard enough I have a lot of self discipline in many areas. No meat, no dairy. Who ever said it would be unhealthy to eliminate that or that you need those things was an idiot.
This is all in the pudding, you should just try it out, ask me questions and I can help you.
CosmoJarvis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 3:40:35 PM

I believe that red meat is a great source of iron and protein, but it's best to do so in moderation. However, red meat contains a fair amount of cholesterol, so it's best to get your protein from other, less cholesterol-heavy foods, or, if you want to avoid cholesterol completely, stick to vegetarian foods like tofu.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 4:02:19 PM
At 10/18/2017 3:40:35 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:

I believe that red meat is a great source of iron and protein, but it's best to do so in moderation. However, red meat contains a fair amount of cholesterol, so it's best to get your protein from other, less cholesterol-heavy foods, or, if you want to avoid cholesterol completely, stick to vegetarian foods like tofu.

A great source of iron and protein does not equate to a great source of food for the human body and anatomy. You seem to touch that balance but humans do not need meat as a food source (as you pointed out), and only serves as an inhibitor of true health. It's an acid ash forming food, hard to digest and bad on the kidneys and of course eventually the heart. The few things you may find in raw animals flesh may be present but the moment you cook or fire it you destroy the chemistry, however the consumption of eating such things weighs much more on the negative, inhibiting side.
This whole "protein" thing that people have to have has become a real myth. I do not eat meat, many people do not eat meat and TBPH, the more I stay clear from proteins the healthier I feel. Proteins are of the acid sky, not the alkalizing. Humans want raw, electrical and hydrating foods for superior health and longevity.

I did appreciate the balance of your post :) just wanted to expand a little on it. Have you ever tried to eliminate meat and proteins from your diet?
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 4:21:48 PM
http://greenopedia.com...

Note all meats on the acid ash forming foods chart. Mostly raw fruits and veggies in the alkaline category.
Beans, meat, dairy, pastas, white flour, fried foods ect ect all serve to break down the body because of the acid chemistry but you want to consume to towards the alkaline side, the base side of chemistry. Fruits, berries melons and raw veggies. Especially if you experiencing health risks... you won't find any meat or processed foods on the alkaline side and that is primarily most peoples choice of consumption. Meat at every meal as the main course, and everything else processed lol.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 4:24:49 PM

A great source of iron and protein does not equate to a great source of food for the human body and anatomy. You seem to touch that balance but humans do not need meat as a food source (as you pointed out), and only serves as an inhibitor of true health. It's an acid ash forming food, hard to digest and bad on the kidneys and of course eventually the heart. The few things you may find in raw animals flesh may be present but the moment you cook or fire it you destroy the chemistry, however the consumption of eating such things weighs much more on the negative, inhibiting side.
This whole "protein" thing that people have to have has become a real myth. I do not eat meat, many people do not eat meat and TBPH, the more I stay clear from proteins the healthier I feel. Proteins are of the acid sky, not the alkalizing. Humans want raw, electrical and hydrating foods for superior health and longevity.

I did appreciate the balance of your post :) just wanted to expand a little on it. Have you ever tried to eliminate meat and proteins from your diet?

Humans going back to ancient civilization times have consumed red meat, it wasn't until that time that we evolved from Neanderthals and cromagnons, as humans started hunting animals, the protein increased the size of their brains and made humans evolve more, handle the cold better, therefore venture further away from Africa and start of humanity. Without red meat consumption back then we would not have evolved to the modern man today.

Now I notice all vegans and vegetarians eventually suffer from anemia and end up going back to eating red meat. I believe red meat is good for you but like anything else it has to be consumed in moderation. I think the key is variety of food for the human body.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 4:47:02 PM
At 10/18/2017 4:24:49 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Humans going back to ancient civilization times have consumed red meat, it wasn't until that time that we evolved from Neanderthals and cromagnons, as humans started hunting animals, the protein increased the size of their brains and made humans evolve more, handle the cold better, therefore venture further away from Africa and start of humanity. Without red meat consumption back then we would not have evolved to the modern man today.

No, new studies reveal it wasn't meat that increased brain size but fruit. Fruits are the most nutritious sources of food on the planet. Dead animal flesh is nothing compared to raw fruits and veggies are you serious?? you see the consumption of meats more in climates where the others weren't available, you really think eating meat over fruit increased brain size, hilarious. Actually do a little hands on test, try eating meat only and no fruit at all. Then try eating fruit and no meat at all. If you go on a high protein diet with no consumption of fruits you will die, and die horribly and in lots of pain.

Despite popular opinions man is not a cave dweller, may comes from the tropics. Highly related to the primates and primates are primarily fruit and veggie eaters. Even when you see rare cases of primates attacking and eating other monkeys it's an aggressive event, makes them aggressive and violent.
The only true carnivours (as bears eat more berries and vegetation) are the cat family. They have extremely short digestive tracks and sleep 20 hours out of 24. They don't have the stamina and longevity of horses, elephants, apes, gorillas, rhinos ect ect..
High consumption of proteins is associated with low stamina and faster death.

Now I notice all vegans and vegetarians eventually suffer from anemia and end up going back to eating red meat. I believe red meat is good for you but like anything else it has to be consumed in moderation. I think the key is variety of food for the human body.

That's a bunch of baloney. I can't stand meat and never eat it. Actually the few times I cheated with it I got ill. No moderation needed, you don't need it period. The only thing you need it for is the emotional qualities it supplies you with.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 4:49:52 PM

https://www.laboratoryequipment.com...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 5:10:19 PM

http://www.newsmax.com...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 5:40:12 PM
At 10/18/2017 4:47:02 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

No, new studies reveal it wasn't meat that increased brain size but fruit. Fruits are the most nutritious sources of food on the planet. Dead animal flesh is nothing compared to raw fruits and veggies are you serious?? you see the consumption of meats more in climates where the others weren't available, you really think eating meat over fruit increased brain size, hilarious. Actually do a little hands on test, try eating meat only and no fruit at all. Then try eating fruit and no meat at all. If you go on a high protein diet with no consumption of fruits you will die, and die horribly and in lots of pain.

Despite popular opinions man is not a cave dweller, may comes from the tropics. Highly related to the primates and primates are primarily fruit and veggie eaters. Even when you see rare cases of primates attacking and eating other monkeys it's an aggressive event, makes them aggressive and violent.
The only true carnivours (as bears eat more berries and vegetation) are the cat family. They have extremely short digestive tracks and sleep 20 hours out of 24. They don't have the stamina and longevity of horses, elephants, apes, gorillas, rhinos ect ect..

That's a bunch of baloney. I can't stand meat and never eat it. Actually the few times I cheated with it I got ill. No moderation needed, you don't need it period. The only thing you need it for is the emotional qualities it supplies you with.

Well thanks for that info, I didn't know that. I always knew people that didn't eat red meat lived longer. Unfortunately for me I love red meat. Barbecue ribs, steaks, burgers. I especially love a nice rare steak. And I love getting the meat sweats after. Sure I might not live as long but I love my meat and besides I don't want to live until I get old and decrepit and get dementia or some other disease and have to drool in a wheel chair lol
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 6:55:07 PM
At 10/18/2017 5:40:12 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Well thanks for that info, I didn't know that. I always knew people that didn't eat red meat lived longer. Unfortunately for me I love red meat. Barbecue ribs, steaks, burgers. I especially love a nice rare steak. And I love getting the meat sweats after. Sure I might not live as long but I love my meat and besides I don't want to live until I get old and decrepit and get dementia or some other disease and have to drool in a wheel chair lol

Your welcome, let me first say I'm a grill master lol, I was raised on primarily meat as the main course of every meal so we can relate on that level. I've had to work at it just like in other areas of my life but you want your experience to be healthy as possible.

Now, while I cook meat for others I make myself all kinds of yummy stuff, and I don't miss eating meat at all. I can make some pretty bangin meals especially for someone like you.
You want a steak and cheese? let me make you a fired green pepper, onion, mushroom and blck olive sandwich with moz cheese or no cheese topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and mayo or whatever you like.....yellow banana peppers oh baby!
How about an Asian diner? teriyaki veggies and rice with cilantro, pinneapple and ginger!! come on man you don't need no meat I can go all day long don't even get me started on the fruits.....

Yes you do want to live old, it's not designed for you to get dementia and suffer when you get old, actually eating meats and proteins will set you up for that sooner. Dementia is the deterioration of the brain region, from acidosis built up in the brain from meat, cheese and toxins.
Nothin will put you in a wheel chair faster than acis forming foods, and if you head to what I'm saying you can put yourself in an alkaline environment and perhaps die in your sleep or a dream or you can eat meat and get cancer, and all ailments including those of the mental and brain. Fruits will bust all of that up for you.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 6:59:42 PM

You don't want meat sweats either lol, not good, that meat putrefies in the colon and it stinks when you sweat, you don't want any of that. You want heart attack or failure? no you don't these things are easy to give up, just switch your focus and get creative. Vegies and fruits are bad-azz.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:11:33 PM

Like I was saying with the meals, you can start with just not eating meat and make all kinds of yummy vegetarian stuff. But then you want to go deeper, you want to try no cooking for a week...., just raw foods to cleanse the body and detox. Then even go deeper like Jesus and try fasting for short periods to relieve all your endocrine glands and eliminating organs. Even in nature animals fast, they also eat according to their own dietary needs. Humans, do none of those things in America lol.

You could also set your mind to do temporary things that way it doesn't overwhelm your thoughts. Like, say to yourself you won't eat meat for a week and try fruits and raw foods and then go back. Perhaps when you see the effect of raw eating you won't go back because you are sizzling with so much energy you can't stand it :)
We have all levels and nothing is to be condemned other than damage to the body from the consumption of improper chemistry.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:28:51 PM

Your welcome, let me first say I'm a grill master lol, I was raised on primarily meat as the main course of every meal so we can relate on that level. I've had to work at it just like in other areas of my life but you want your experience to be healthy as possible.

Now, while I cook meat for others I make myself all kinds of yummy stuff, and I don't miss eating meat at all. I can make some pretty bangin meals especially for someone like you.
You want a steak and cheese? let me make you a fired green pepper, onion, mushroom and blck olive sandwich with moz cheese or no cheese topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and mayo or whatever you like.....yellow banana peppers oh baby!
How about an Asian diner? teriyaki veggies and rice with cilantro, pinneapple and ginger!! come on man you don't need no meat I can go all day long don't even get me started on the fruits.....

That sounds delicious, I'm really hungry now!! I guess you can get pretty creative without red meat. See I was raised on meat and potatoes, pretty much everyday, that's what my parents served all the time meat and potatoes.

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:35:23 PM
At 10/18/2017 7:28:51 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

That sounds delicious, I'm really hungry now!! I guess you can get pretty creative without red meat. See I was raised on meat and potatoes, pretty much everyday, that's what my parents served all the time meat and potatoes.

Yes sir, come to my house and I'll hook you up! I love to cook and I get creative there is so much to eat besides meat and even dairy if you ever get interested. It's fun and it is healthy and maybe you can enjoy some longevity :)
The fruits, berries and melons are your babies try and eat those in the morning if you can, hold out and then eat what you want. Watch how you feel though after you eat the ripe fruits and feeling a little hungry, notice the energy going through your body. If you can ignore the cravings they are merely an emotional thing. Note comfort foods lol.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:38:24 PM

depends on who you ask lol, most of the studies are funded by the group that wants to make it look favorable.
part of the meat is good for you, other parts it's not. While the protein and iron is beneficial for example, the cholesterol is not. There's no "super food" except on infomercials, if you look hard enough you can find something that isn't good for you in anything you eat or drink.
balance (whatever that means, and it keeps changing) and moderation.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:40:43 PM
At 10/18/2017 7:28:51 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Ohh you're from NY?? Mam, the first thing I did when I quit eating meat was to make vegetarian pizza , I had no idea it could be just as good or better without meat! but then, I tried it without cheese, still amazing......with fresh dough, sauce and veggies even with no cheese still incredible.
Now, I wana try vegetarian pot pie. Damn I love a pot pie.
But again, none of this is healthy, just comfort foods you wana get to the raw fruits and veggies and cheat just once in awhile. That's your ticket....
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:47:26 PM
At 10/18/2017 7:38:24 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

depends on who you ask lol, most of the studies are funded by the group that wants to make it look favorable.
part of the meat is good for you, other parts it's not. While the protein and iron is beneficial for example, the cholesterol is not. There's no "super food" except on infomercials, if you look hard enough you can find something that isn't good for you in anything you eat or drink.

But, the same ones pushing dead animal tissue are the same ones pushing "protein and iron". Simple study, come off proteins and meat consumption for a decent amount of time and see what is true.
There is no part of meat that is so good for you that you must ingest it, it's only when people come off of meat for short while they feel cravings and weakness. Then the body rebuilds itself and one can be much more healthy without it. Again look simply to the anatomy of animals and which ones have longevity, intelligence, energy and stamina. Those would be the fruit and veggies eaters.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 7:57:37 PM
At 10/18/2017 7:47:26 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

But, the same ones pushing dead animal tissue are the same ones pushing "protein and iron". Simple study, come off proteins and meat consumption for a decent amount of time and see what is true.
There is no part of meat that is so good for you that you must ingest it, it's only when people come off of meat for short while they feel cravings and weakness. Then the body rebuilds itself and one can be much more healthy without it. Again look simply to the anatomy of animals and which ones have longevity, intelligence, energy and stamina. Those would be the fruit and veggies eaters.

I can only tell you that the vegans and vegetarians I have known (my wife being one of them) end up low in something, vitamin d usually, sometimes b12 etc
Never said you must ingest it, said there ARE some benefits from it.
No proof of "healthy without it"
yeah lets talk about animals, which ones have the biggest gut? Which ones need multiple stomachs to digest what they eat, which are the strongest and fastest?
Intelligence
https://healthypets.mercola.com...
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)
"Although the chimpanzees mostly eat fruit, they also regularly hunt for meat."
http://www.bbc.com...

can't wait for your back track on this lol
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 10:37:35 PM
At 10/18/2017 7:57:37 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I can only tell you that the vegans and vegetarians I have known (my wife being one of them) end up low in something, vitamin d usually, sometimes b12 etc

low in something lol? let's start with this, just because someone goes vegan or vegetarian does not mean suddenly they are healthy. Everyone needs a detox to cleanse the body including meat eaters and non, it's just the meat and cheeses accelerate deterioration and ailments.
Next, I'm promoting completely raw fruits and some veggies for health not vegan and not vegetarian but fruitarian with some veggies and salads. And this is to bring in alkalization to the body and begin the process of elimination of toxins and the combustion of dirty fuel.
Being vegan and being vegetarian are not much better than meat eating though it is eliminating one bad factor they still can have beans, breads, cheese, pasta, cake, and on and on so being vegan is certainly not what I'm talking about though that is a first step I would consider to get down that road of eliminating meats.

yeah lets talk about animals, which ones have the biggest gut? Which ones need multiple stomachs to digest what they eat, which are the strongest and fastest?
Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

Fruits are the highest source of nutrition on the planet, that's your fruits berries and melons. Also the herbs and there are others but fruit is the most hydrating, electrical, nutritional and digestible as with meat the body works hard to break it down just to get a few things you can eat without the acid ash.
I said stamina and longevity not strength or fastness as those can be short term and little bursts and that is not what you want. The longevity and stamina as well as intelligence is with the fruit and veggie eaters, this is something you should know and I listed a few animals.
Would you also like links to see what high protein diets do to humans?
Carnivores have short life spans and low stamina compared the fruit and veggie eaters.
Humans, like the primates are of higher intelligence and as the links I provided already show there are correlations with the consumption of fruits with brain size and not meat.
Meat does not have any of the nutritional and alkalinity of fruit not even close.
Now, if you look at the anatomy of humans as compared to true carnivores the differences are pretty big, and so are the differences in animals that consume primarily veggies which is why I'm not promoting primarily veggies but fruit, because human anatomy does much better with fruit and not vegetable matter.
This is the correlation between primates I was making, as the links I supplied shows the correlation with brain size and fruits....which is intelligence.
Now all animals have the anatomy of humans, they should eat what is their primary source.
You can say that humans can eat meat or that they are omnivores but that is what I'm contesting, that humans are primarily fruit eaters and even though this may be an unconventional theory it fits better with science and chemistry.
Because with science and chemistry we can break foods down and see what they do in the body and how the body reacts did you look at the list of acid ash forming foods as opposed to alkaline ash foods?

Again, as I said primates are not primarily meat eaters, when they rarely attack and eat other monkeys it's an aggressive unusual display and as you pointed out it's the chimpanzees that do that occasionally, apes, gorillas do not eat meat. ...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2017 10:52:10 PM

And what is this founded on BTW? do you have any idea how many people DON'T eat meat and don't need it? I'm one of them and yes, it is much better without it by far.

I would suggest your wife not eat many of the things that vegans and vegetarians eat. You need to look at why is she low in something or the other and which gland or organ is responsible for the utilization of that deficiency and correct it by going to the root of the problem.
I assure you her eating meat will not benefit her.

Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2017 12:02:01 AM

Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

Excuse me for the typo earlier, I meant to say "not" all animals have the anatomy of humans of course. But the anatomy of humans, as with primates suggest we are first Frugivores. That would explain why the body responds well to fruit and not with acid forming foods.. meats, dairy products, starches, processed junk .... foods that create an environment of ailments. Fruits are natural and healing to the body and of course promote health as fruits are of course the highest form of nutrition especially the berries, grapes, dark color fruits....it's brain food!

http://creationislove.com...

https://www.nutrition-and-you.com...

Some interesting info on there and you can look at some of the comparisons.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2017 12:11:40 PM
At 10/19/2017 12:02:01 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

Excuse me for the typo earlier, I meant to say "not" all animals have the anatomy of humans of course. But the anatomy of humans, as with primates suggest we are first Frugivores. That would explain why the body responds well to fruit and not with acid forming foods.. meats, dairy products, starches, processed junk .... foods that create an environment of ailments. Fruits are natural and healing to the body and of course promote health as fruits are of course the highest form of nutrition especially the berries, grapes, dark color fruits....it's brain food!

well you brought up animals and their intelligence so I just expanded on that. I just watched a documentary on "Frugivores"
I've been in healthcare for almost 25 years, so I've seen plenty of vegetarians/vegans low in vitamin d, my wife included. Fruits are high in sugar, so while they do have nutritional value there's always a caveat. But again small/reasonable amounts of meat do have benefits as evidenced by the smartest animals.
Masterful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2017 12:32:32 PM

Cosmo has got it right.
Red meat in moderation is absolutely fine. However, in excess it has a lot of cholesterol which will build up in the blood and harm your heart.
Dogs have evolved to live off a meat based diet, so their metabolism is able to deal with the cholesterol. We did not evolve to eat solely meat, so our bodies can't dispose of the excess cholesterol like that of carnivores.
Satan's premium, proud to serve
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2017 1:33:23 PM
At 10/19/2017 12:11:40 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

well you brought up animals and their intelligence so I just expanded on that. I just watched a documentary on "Frugivores"
I've been in healthcare for almost 25 years, so I've seen plenty of vegetarians/vegans low in vitamin d, my wife included. Fruits are high in sugar, so while they do have nutritional value there's always a caveat. But again small/reasonable amounts of meat do have benefits as evidenced by the smartest animals.

Yes I did bring up intelligence to show that there is new evidence that suggests humans have evolved the most advanced brain and size because of fruits and I was using primates as an example as we are so closely related and most suited for the same type of diet.
Did you read the links I supplied? the links are to show that fruit is at least partially if not all, responsible for brain size. And that would be obvious, as I also supplied links that show you how high in nutrition fruits are, as opposed dead animal tissue as well as the type of anatomy we have as opposed to those that eat meat and only veggies.

As I said earlier, just because someone's a vegan or vegetarian does not mean they will be healthy, as there are many things they should not be eating.

Telling someone that has the meat sweats when they consume animal flesh that it's okay in moderation is a crime IMO, as the reason he is experiencing perspiration while eating meat is because his body is desperately trying to purge itself, which probably indicates the kidneys are not filtering all that well and they wouldn't especially eating high protein diets. ... the skin is an eliminating organ and this guy needs to take a break as of yesterday.

Part of the problem here is not just eating meat, but the accumulation of it. Think about this for a minute......"just don't eat too much of it" or it will kill you lol.

If you don't know by now about the sugars in fruit and types and differences you would know it is absurd to not eat fruit because of simple sugar content. Fruit sugars are not what you want to avoid by any stretch of the imagination.

So, you want to avoid sugar because you feel it's too sugary yet you won't avoid meat when it will flat out kill you......hmmmm. Fruit has no adverse side effects, no chemistry that is harmful to the body. At the most, fruit is so powerful someone who is not used to consuming such high energy foods may have some detox, or discomfort but that is not because of fruit but the damage dome o the body.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2017 1:54:20 PM
At 10/19/2017 1:33:23 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 10/19/2017 12:11:40 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Intelligence
#2 eats meat, fish
#1 (drum roll)

Yes I did bring up intelligence to show that there is new evidence that suggests humans have evolved the most advanced brain and size because of fruits and I was using primates as an example as we are so closely related and most suited for the same type of diet.
Did you read the links I supplied? the links are to show that fruit is at least partially if not all, responsible for brain size. And that would be obvious, as I also supplied links that show you how high in nutrition fruits are, as opposed dead animal tissue as well as the type of anatomy we have as opposed to those that eat meat and only veggies.

As I said earlier, just because someone's a vegan or vegetarian does not mean they will be healthy, as there are many things they should not be eating.

Telling someone that has the meat sweats when they consume animal flesh that it's okay in moderation is a crime IMO, as the reason he is experiencing perspiration while eating meat is because his body is desperately trying to purge itself, which probably indicates the kidneys are not filtering all that well and they wouldn't especially eating high protein diets. ... the skin is an eliminating organ and this guy needs to take a break as of yesterday.

Part of the problem here is not just eating meat, but the accumulation of it. Think about this for a minute......"just don't eat too much of it" or it will kill you lol.

If you don't know by now about the sugars in fruit and types and differences you would know it is absurd to not eat fruit because of simple sugar content. Fruit sugars are not what you want to avoid by any stretch of the imagination.

So, you want to avoid sugar because you feel it's too sugary yet you won't avoid meat when it will flat out kill you......hmmmm. Fruit has no adverse side effects, no chemistry that is harmful to the body. At the most, fruit is so powerful someone who is not used to consuming such high energy foods may have some detox, or discomfort but that is not because of fruit but the damage dome o the body.

I actually have some allergies to some fruit. While the fruit theory in general is fine. Many of today's fruit are nothing like the wild version, look up the history of bananas and how what is called a banana today isn't the same, because the previous banana was wiped out by a blight due to the genes being all the same, it's pretty interesting. Anyway excess sugar and carbs aren't good unless there's new literature that says otherwise. This is why the extreme diets don't really work.
something else you might like if you haven't seen it already is the documentary "The science of fasting"
Some of the longest lived people had awful diets and habits, so much for science.
I'm not sold on the idea that the GMO vegetables are any worse than the hormone and antibiotic filled meats but that's another story.
https://chopandquench.wordpress.com...