Jump to topic:

The Dukes of Hazard show banned

Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 6:44:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Haven't read anything, but I bet it has something to do with the Confederate Flag.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 6:44:47 PM
At 10/3/2017 6:44:05 PM, Mharman wrote:
Haven't read anything, but I bet it has something to do with the Confederate Flag.

Yup.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 6:45:25 PM
The producers of that show had the Duke brothers driving what looked like a NASCAR racing car from the 1960s with a big rebel flag painted on it Thus it reminds us of 2 things associated with the south.
While there was nothing in the show about the Duke family being racist or in favor of slavery, when you put the rebel flag on something as cool as that orange Dodge Charger, it is something that they won't let you get away with anymore.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 7:18:42 PM
At 10/3/2017 6:45:25 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
The producers of that show had the Duke brothers driving what looked like a NASCAR racing car from the 1960s with a big rebel flag painted on it Thus it reminds us of 2 things associated with the south.
While there was nothing in the show about the Duke family being racist or in favor of slavery, when you put the rebel flag on something as cool as that orange Dodge Charger, it is something that they won't let you get away with anymore.

The Duke boys in the show called their car The General Lee, and it had the big confederate flag on the roof. It's for these reasons why the show will not be available for sale anymore.

I personally liked the show, stupid comedy, but today we have to be politically correct on everything.
Debating_Horse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2017 2:01:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Damn liberals! Always getting their feelings hurt! They put the flag on the car because it was to represent the south, not to be in alliance with the Confederacy! Wow, just goes to show what happens when liberals/SJWS have power in the cable television networks!
George