Jump to topic:

Ancient artefacts

Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2017 10:43:58 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I have a couple of artefacts from my Channel Island childhood home. One is a pew from a monastery sale in 1952, when I was two. It appears to be quite old, possibly Tudor, judging by the King's head carved on the back of it."

The other is a very old rusty key, which is handmade, and looks a good few centuries old. Sadly I have no information as to its provenance. I used tease my grandchildren, when they were younger, that it was the key which the Minstrel Blondel, an ancestor of ours, used to release King Richard the Lionheart from his Austrian prison. My childhood home was built on the foundations of Blondel's house.

Does anyone else have any very old artefacts?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2017 1:33:54 PM
At 10/24/2017 10:43:58 AM, Yongy wrote:
I have a couple of artefacts from my Channel Island childhood home. One is a pew from a monastery sale in 1952, when I was two. It appears to be quite old, possibly Tudor, judging by the King's head carved on the back of it."

The other is a very old rusty key, which is handmade, and looks a good few centuries old. Sadly I have no information as to its provenance. I used tease my grandchildren, when they were younger, that it was the key which the Minstrel Blondel, an ancestor of ours, used to release King Richard the Lionheart from his Austrian prison. My childhood home was built on the foundations of Blondel's house.

That is awesome, have you had these items appraised? They must be worth a fortune now.

I have nothing, but old artifacts have always intrigued me.
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2017 1:37:53 PM
At 10/24/2017 1:33:54 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

That is awesome, have you had these items appraised? They must be worth a fortune now.

The pew was worth about "2000 about 30 years ago when my father had it valued, goodness knows what it is worth today. I suppose I should get it valued for insurance purposes. Our eldest daughter is inheriting it as she is an Anglican priest, her sisters weren't interested in it. As for the key, I had no idea it existed until we were clearing up my parent's belongings after their deaths. I have no idea if it has any value.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2017 2:12:32 PM
At 10/24/2017 1:37:53 PM, Yongy wrote:

The pew was worth about "2000 about 30 years ago when my father had it valued, goodness knows what it is worth today. I suppose I should get it valued for insurance purposes. Our eldest daughter is inheriting it as she is an Anglican priest, her sisters weren't interested in it. As for the key, I had no idea it existed until we were clearing up my parent's belongings after their deaths. I have no idea if it has any value.

You have some great treasures there. I love old artifacts, I love history, where we came from
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2017 2:55:04 PM
At 10/24/2017 2:12:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 10/24/2017 1:37:53 PM, Yongy wrote:

You have some great treasures there. I love old artifacts, I love history, where we came from

I must admit history wasn't my favourite subject at school, even though there was plenty of history attached to my home and family. We even have three family crests, including the 'Blondel' one.
ebuc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2017 12:43:57 AM
Does anyone else have any very old artefacts?:

I have some genes that go back 7.5 million years or more and there still in good condition
" U "niverse > Universe > Universe I -verse < you-verse we-verse > them-verse
Gravitational SPACE ( + )
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
Time >66.4< --frequency ^v^v
Mind/Intellect 12--3-fold 4-fold and 5-fold
Biological *8* --bilateral four's
Spin <left 6 right >---Pitch, Yaw Roll{ 3 * 2 = 6 }
IS >2<--positive and negative tetrhaedron