WOLF.J
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2018 3:06:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
State something that didn't happen, eg Nazi war victory,

and build on the events.

Next person can either continue your story, or start their own alt. history event.
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2018 11:04:52 PM
WWI never happens due to their being no assassination of the Duke
People Saying Stuff

"I just like the cream pie!!!"-FanBoy 2018

Popular Opinion on Supa

"Supa is an idiot"-Wylted
"rippery doo and fvck me sideways supa. wtf."-Smith
"That idiot didn't even tell us. Sad."-Pie

Since the opinion is strong...why not a shameless plug

https://www.youtube.com...

SUBSCRIBE
levi_smiles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:06:57 AM
At 3/8/2018 11:04:52 PM, SupaDudz wrote:
WWI never happens due to their being no assassination of the Duke

That"s a good one and nearly went down that way, right? The successful assasination was the second attempt of the day. Dan Carlin"s Hardcore History podcast covers this engagingly in>Blueprint for Armageddon < Starts 10 minutes in

https://youtu.be...

& here"s a good criticism of the same podcast.:

https://www.reddit.com...

Wikipedia highlight:
Cabrinovic swallowed his cyanide pill and jumped into the Miljacka river. Cabrinovic's suicide attempt failed, as the old cyanide only induced vomiting, and the Miljacka was only 13 cm deep due to the hot, dry summer.[65] Police dragged Cabrinovic; out of the river, and he was severely beaten by the crowd before being taken into custody.

Jumping to your death into 5 in. of water is always comedy gold.
=======================

How about these?

What if Col. Chivington had lost the battle of Gloriettea Pass above Santa Fe? Would Cofederates have captured ports in California? Would Californian Gold and an unblockaded route improved Confederate chances? Would Davis try to build a railroad at what chance of success? Would Vicksburg have then seemed more the South"s priority? Would the war have moved west?

What if Richard Nixon had won the 1960 election? No Kennedy assasination- Kennedy would likely have challenged again. Vietnam? Civil Rights? Watergate?

What if LBJ died from that rather serious heart attack in 1955?

What if the fireproof coating on the steel girders of the World Trade Center withstood the heat of burning jet fuel and neither tower fell- 500 dead, not 3,000. Would the event have been significantly less profound? How might US response change? How would New York City be different? Would the War in Iraq have been less likely?

Roswell has been thoroughly debunked but what if it wasn"t? What if say, in 1973, Nixon, perhaps as a distraction from Watergate, had gone public with the wreak of an actual spaceship and the desiccated remains of two smallish aliens? We can"t tell where they came from or what they wanted. No real insight into their technology survived the crash. We have no evidence of any other prior or subsequent visit. How would society be different in 2018? Would space exploration be more of a priority? How would world religion respond to the certainty of intelligent alien life? Would globalism be more prevalent in response to an unknown other of undetermined threat?
ILikePie5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:35:53 AM
What if Thomas Stonewall Jackson didn't die at Chancellorsville. What if JEB Stuart's cavalry was with Lee before Gettysburg. What is A.S. Johnston didn't send his surgeon away?
levi_smiles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 7:02:09 AM
At 3/10/2018 6:35:53 AM, ILikePie5 wrote:
What if Thomas Stonewall Jackson didn't die at Chancellorsville. What if JEB Stuart's cavalry was with Lee before Gettysburg. What is A.S. Johnston didn't send his surgeon away?

I seriously just considered this one for my prior post. Would Jackson have been offered a Shenandoah-like command in Pennsylvania or Maryland, keeping the Union forces divided? Would there have been a Gettysburg and would Jackson have been there? To what effect? Would severing Western railroads at Harrisburg been as deep a blow to the Union as Lee anticipated?
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:35:34 PM
What is Al Gore beat George W Bush in the 2000 election?
People Saying Stuff

Popular Opinion on Supa

SUBSCRIBE
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:36:48 PM
At 3/10/2018 6:35:34 PM, SupaDudz wrote:

Iraq would still be a country, and there would be no ISIS.
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:44:07 PM
At 3/10/2018 6:36:48 PM, YYW wrote:

Iraq would st ill be a country, and there would be no ISIS.

al-Queda would be a meme
People Saying Stuff

Popular Opinion on Supa

SUBSCRIBE
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:49:02 PM
At 3/10/2018 6:44:07 PM, SupaDudz wrote:

al-Queda would be a meme

Not really. 9/11 would have probably still happened.
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2018 6:56:37 PM
At 3/10/2018 6:49:02 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/10/2018 6:44:07 PM, SupaDudz wrote:

al-Queda would be a meme

Not really. 9/11 would have probably still happened.

Al Gore would have reacted way differently in 9/11.
People Saying Stuff

Popular Opinion on Supa

SUBSCRIBE
ILikePie5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2018 5:41:22 AM
At 3/10/2018 7:02:09 AM, levi_smiles wrote:

I seriously just considered this one for my prior post. Would Jackson have been offered a Shenandoah-like command in Pennsylvania or Maryland, keeping the Union forces divided? Would there have been a Gettysburg and would Jackson have been there? To what effect? Would severing Western railroads at Harrisburg been as deep a blow to the Union as Lee anticipated?

Every war as one or two events that changed the course of history. Every war. If that simple mistake or stroke of luck hadn't happened the world would we so much different today
levi_smiles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2018 8:24:34 AM
At 3/11/2018 5:41:22 AM, ILikePie5 wrote:
At 3/10/2018 7:02:09 AM, levi_smiles wrote:

Every war as one or two events that changed the course of history. Every war. If that simple mistake or stroke of luck hadn't happened the world would we so much different today

Of course you"re right but for the sake of argument I"ll give you two examples of wars unlikely to have much changed the course of history:

The shortest and the longest wars on record both came down to an admiral vs. an island.

The Anglo-Zanzibar War of 27 August, 1896 may have lasted 40 mins. Essentially, the British bombarded the palace until the Sultan fled. I can"t think an event that might have changed that war"s outcome.

The Three Hundred and Thirty-Five Years between the Dutch and the English island of Scilly was a remarkably eventless affair. No shots fired. The Dutch were simply too bored or embarrassed to declare peace after the Royalist surrender to Cromwell.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2019 7:52:27 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Then we would be even more overpopulated
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.