Jump to topic:

Why didn't the world save Vietnam?

dontwastemytime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2018 10:48:04 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
From the war I mean and stopped America?

And no, I'm not talking about mere protesting only. . . .

A lot of people over and over keep saying that it was wrong and that America was evil for fighting it. . . . . . . . . If that is so, Why didn't the world protect it?

And as for America -> blockade it, Sanction it, Threaten invasion if it still pursues the war. . . .

That could have saved millions of lives. . . .

So why didn't the world do anything and instead just complained about it?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2018 11:39:13 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Oooh! Interesting topic!

I've only glanced at that part of history myself, But know some bits and pieces myself. Much of my thoughts on this are conjecture, Though some of it is real things.

1. I'm pretty sure there was a cold war going around at that time. World a bit divided in two and all that. Gotta stand against Russia and Communists even if we're doing it in a bit of a bad way thinking going on perhaps.

2. Why did no one stop France and their **** in Vietnam? France was there before the USA, And honestly doing worse (Maybe). Worse in the thought of Vietnam being a colony of France I believe and being taken advantage of by France (I think)

3. Perhaps other countries also feared the Domino Theory of Communism? I know that USA did, But I don't know what other countries thought of that political theory.

4. South Vietnam maybe to a number of countries appeared to uphold values that they shared?

5. At that point in time, Who's going to oppose USA on principle? Pretty sure countries were busy with rebuilding/recovering after WW2 still. Also USA one of the great powers in terms of military. Dangerous and undiplomatic to get in way/fight.

6. Even Russia let's say. . . Had a problem in being generous giving country. I don't recall if Stalin was still around during that time period, But during the formalities years of Chinas Communist beginnings Russia time and time again put their own interests ahead of Communist China and made their start extremely difficult. Countries are generally selfish perhaps. So they'll indirectly help Vietnam, Plan to use them as puppet if possible, But not want to fight and have costly war with USA.

7. Hmm, Can't think of anything else off the handle.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.