Jump to topic:

My Informal Opinion #5 - Originality

G_Skeptic-Guy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2017 6:55:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Forms of art reliant on fiction; i.e. film, television, video games, comic books, plays, etc. on already-existing ideas are not automatically better than not-yet-existing ideas.

I was going to add this to my "Umm...well, no sh!t!" series but that would be analytic.

Seriously, originality is hard!

And No Country For Old Men, Friday the 13th, Aliens, Predator are clich"d as f!ck and they're better than The Lobster.

But hey, that's my opinion -My Informal Opinion!

To disagreer - let them fight!
"What should my new signature be?"
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2017 8:27:32 PM
At 6/1/2017 6:55:34 PM, G_Skeptic-Guy wrote:
Forms of art reliant on fiction; i.e. film, television, video games, comic books, plays, etc. on already-existing ideas are not automatically better than not-yet-existing ideas.

I was going to add this to my "Umm...well, no sh!t!" series but that would be analytic.

And No Country For Old Men, Friday the 13th, Aliens, Predator are clich"d as f!ck and they're better than The Lobster.

Everything is redone now, they call it REBOOT!!, Reboot Spider Man, 3 times, Reboot The Mummy 3 times.

I think they can get away with it as each new generation gets to see it for the first time, and they would not find the older versions cool, so we can just keep rebooting and people will pay to see it. But for the older people it's like "Not again"
G_Skeptic-Guy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2017 7:17:04 AM
At 6/1/2017 8:27:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Everything is redone now, they call it REBOOT!!, Reboot Spider Man, 3 times, Reboot The Mummy 3 times.

I think they can get away with it as each new generation gets to see it for the first time, and they would not find the older versions cool, so we can just keep rebooting and people will pay to see it. But for the older people it's like "Not again"

You are aware of the differences between a remake and a reboot, right?
"What should my new signature be?"
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2017 1:10:52 PM
At 6/3/2017 7:17:04 AM, G_Skeptic-Guy wrote:
At 6/1/2017 8:27:32 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

You are aware of the differences between a remake and a reboot, right?

Sounds the same to me, use a title of a movie and tweak some parts and make it all blue screen now

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.