Jump to topic:

What is Your Success Story?

Bilgate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2017 2:12:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I am a successful person, not only in a single field from the beginning but have changed many fields.
After graduation, I have joined Police force. During the service I requested to Superintendent of Police to permit me to continue my education. He did. In two years, I have completed my post graduation from Karakorum International University.
Successful completion of three years (3) in Police department. I have resigned and started blogging. Within two years, I have learned much about blogging, and SEO. Today I am have more than twenty students whom have learnt by me. I feel that I am a lucky person.
What is your story???
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2017 3:41:37 PM
I played In My Room over 900 times throughout the course of two years until I had a HDFL SS on it
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2017 1:40:46 AM
What is Your Success Story? I am not dead yet.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:00:43 AM
At 12/14/2017 8:53:34 PM, Danielle wrote:
This is a great OP. Too bad the people on this site are incapable / unwilling to have an interesting discussion :)

"I am not dead yet" That is my success story. I have done and still do things that could get me killed in an instant, yet I persevere and still live. I call that successful.
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:39:30 AM
This is a great OP. Too bad the people on this site are incapable / unwilling to have an interesting discussion :)

Let's change that, shall we?

First, I haven't succumbed to complete self-destruction :)

I would not say I am successful per se, but I have owned two businesses that had to be closed down due to financial hardships, and I am hoping in a few years to start them both up again.

My greatest success is from clawing my way from nothing to where I am today, and mitigating so much of the mistakes I have made. When I was 18, a senior in high school, I was living in my car and was expelled due to attendance, and foolishly committed a felony or two. I have since found a wife, a house, a job, and am about to graduate college in a few months, with a clean enough criminal record to actually be hired by professionals.

As long as I don't focus on the two decades of missed opportunity and wasted talent, I should succeed in conquering the demons of the past.
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:40:37 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:39:30 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Let's change that, shall we?

First, I haven't succumbed to complete self-destruction :)

I would not say I am successful per se, but I have owned two businesses that had to be closed down due to financial hardships, and I am hoping in a few years to start them both up again.

My greatest success is from clawing my way from nothing to where I am today, and mitigating so much of the mistakes I have made. When I was 18, a senior in high school, I was living in my car and was expelled due to attendance, and foolishly committed a felony or two. I have since found a wife, a house, a job, and am about to graduate college in a few months, with a clean enough criminal record to actually be hired by professionals.

As long as I don't focus on the two decades of missed opportunity and wasted talent, I should succeed in conquering the demons of the past.

What kind of felony?
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:43:46 AM
Well my parents got divorced when I was still in diapers and fought over custody of me for the majority of my life so I wound up splitting my time between my mom's and my dad's house until I turned 18, and then I decided to live with my dad because he's less neurotic. My mom is an emotional basket case and is probably bipolar. Thankfully I'm not. My dad's side of the family are kind of more stable than my mom's side though so now that I have kind of cut them out of my life things are better now. Despite all of this I'm in college so there's that...
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:44:02 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:40:37 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

What kind of felony?

Burglary and Theft, of which I was innocent, of course. (but to prove that, I would have been found out for embezzlement lol)
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:44:41 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:44:02 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What kind of felony?

Burglary and Theft, of which I was innocent, of course. (but to prove that, I would have been found out for embezzlement lol)

wtf were you embezzling and from whom
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:45:54 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:43:46 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:
Well my parents got divorced when I was still in diapers and fought over custody of me for the majority of my life so I wound up splitting my time between my mom's and my dad's house until I turned 18, and then I decided to live with my dad because he's less neurotic. My mom is an emotional basket case and is probably bipolar. Thankfully I'm not. My dad's side of the family are kind of more stable than my mom's side though so now that I have kind of cut them out of my life things are better now. Despite all of this I'm in college so there's that...

Been there, and I just decided to cut my father out of my life.
It sucks, but you got to protect yourself. Good for you.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:49:26 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:44:41 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

What kind of felony?

Money, from work. What and where else?
Someone broke in, opened the safe, and stole money. Everyone fingered me. Since I was mostly living in my car at the time, I had all of my possessions there. Had the police officer searched my vehicle, he would have found evidence of the crime I actually committed. I confessed to the crime I didn't commit, knowing that this crime was far less severe, and my sentence would be light, which it was. A set back, but it could have been much worse of one.

Karma is a b!tch

tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:49:34 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:45:54 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/18/2017 1:43:46 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Been there, and I just decided to cut my father out of my life.
It sucks, but you got to protect yourself. Good for you.

Yeah my mom is crazy. She used to get violent a lot when I was growing up and she was never much of a mom. I don't talk to pretty much anyone on her side of the family except YYW. Either she had to go or she was going to fuckkkkk up my life.
#snowflake
tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:50:35 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:49:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/18/2017 1:44:41 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

What kind of felony?

Money, from work. What and where else?
Someone broke in, opened the safe, and stole money. Everyone fingered me. Since I was mostly living in my car at the time, I had all of my possessions there. Had the police officer searched my vehicle, he would have found evidence of the crime I actually committed. I confessed to the crime I didn't commit, knowing that this crime was far less severe, and my sentence would be light, which it was. A set back, but it could have been much worse of one.

Karma is a b!tch

That sucks...
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:50:54 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:49:34 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Yeah my mom is crazy. She used to get violent a lot when I was growing up and she was never much of a mom. I don't talk to pretty much anyone on her side of the family except YYW. Either she had to go or she was going to fuckkkkk up my life.

At least one of your parents was sane :)
Take solace from that.

tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 1:54:35 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:50:54 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/18/2017 1:49:34 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

At least one of your parents was sane :)
Take solace from that.

Idk my dad wasn't much of a dad either... he wasn't insane like my mom, but he had a temper as bad as she did.... basically everyone in my family except me, a few of my cousins and one of my brothers are pretty unable to control anger or manage it like a sane adult person.... but at least he didn't ask me how he fucked up as a father when he found out that I was gay so theres that...

He moved a lot and I moved a lot too because of that especially when my mom would go through one of her "I don't want to be a responsible adult" phases like she did...
#snowflake
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 2:07:43 AM
At 12/18/2017 1:54:35 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

Idk my dad wasn't much of a dad either... he wasn't insane like my mom, but he had a temper as bad as she did.... basically everyone in my family except me, a few of my cousins and one of my brothers are pretty unable to control anger or manage it like a sane adult person.... but at least he didn't ask me how he fucked up as a father when he found out that I was gay so theres that...

He moved a lot and I moved a lot too because of that especially when my mom would go through one of her "I don't want to be a responsible adult" phases like she did...

I'm trying to find a silver lining, yo
Your family sounds a lot like mine, I wonder if for the same reasons...I hope not.

It kind of makes you wonder just how many people actually have a good family life, though.

tenyearsoflight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2017 2:17:28 AM
At 12/18/2017 2:07:43 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/18/2017 1:54:35 AM, tenyearsoflight wrote:

I'm trying to find a silver lining, yo

I know... I'm just trying to give you the picture of what was going on... it wasn't great.

Your family sounds a lot like mine, I wonder if for the same reasons...I hope not.

What was your family's reasons?

It kind of makes you wonder just how many people actually have a good family life, though.

I don't know. YYW's family looked like they had it together but his dad was the only one of their siblings that didn't totally screw their lives up, but I know that YYW's childhood wasn't that great either. I don't know what he is comfortable sharing, but even though his parents didn't get divorced I know his dad was a lot like mine. His mom was always very nice, though. His mom hated my mom but she never took it out on me, although his dad was always very guarded around me. The few times I saw them growing up it was always very awkward. His dad hated my mom too.
#snowflake
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2017 2:59:14 AM
I wasn't caught
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2017 4:33:45 AM
I finally fulfilled my lifelong dream of becoming a hardcore homeless Uber driver. I work 80+ hours a week graveyard shift and sleep in my car. I also buy poor people's delinquent mortgages and take their homes or force them in to bankruptcy. It's working out pretty good for me.