Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 2:40:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/31/2013 2:33:09 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 5/31/2013 2:28:19 AM, TULIP wrote:
At 5/29/2013 9:49:56 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Interesting that girls would feel that way, considering guys are constantly ogling you. You did put in the modifier "unless they need you for something" which seems to explain it, so perhaps you simply aren't being noticed by the people you wish to be noticed by. I tend to get noticed because I play guitar and have long hair... not that that necessarily gets me what I want, but I do tend to stick out of the crowd.

Ogling me?? Who's ogling me?? And I understand what you mean though.

Checking you out, i.e. undressing you with their eyes

I know what it means but I'm asking who is doing that? And why? Why are there guys so perverted?
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 2:44:48 AM
At 5/31/2013 2:40:10 AM, TULIP wrote:
Interesting that girls would feel that way, considering guys are constantly ogling you. You did put in the modifier "unless they need you for something" which seems to explain it, so perhaps you simply aren't being noticed by the people you wish to be noticed by. I tend to get noticed because I play guitar and have long hair... not that that necessarily gets me what I want, but I do tend to stick out of the crowd.

I know what it means but I'm asking who is doing that? And why? Why are there guys so perverted?

Its not perverted, its called being a guy, we all do it, most of us just dont have the stones to admit it
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:26:57 AM
At 5/31/2013 2:44:48 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

Its not perverted, its called being a guy, we all do it, most of us just dont have the stones to admit it
I think it's a pretty known fact, so much most of us admit it :P Then again, I'm an immature teenager around many that are just like me.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 7:37:46 AM

Friend, they just are that way. They will always be. Guy are immature until they get past their teen years.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:01:38 AM

Yes I know it.. Unfortunately it gets on my nerves a lot..
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 10:50:55 AM
At 5/31/2013 10:01:38 AM, TULIP wrote:

Yes I know it.. Unfortunately it gets on my nerves a lot..

Mine too, especially since most of my friends are guy friends. :/
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 11:53:02 AM
At 6/2/2013 11:51:16 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Sometimes I do not exist, even to myself.

That's called sleeping.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:06:28 PM
At 5/31/2013 7:37:46 AM, leojm wrote:

Friend, they just are that way. They will always be. Guy are immature until they get past their teen years.

we're immature you can't count girls out. girls get mad over some of the most ridiculous thing. showing a lack of restraint is immature.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:34:10 PM
At 6/2/2013 12:06:28 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

we're immature you can't count girls out. girls get mad over some of the most ridiculous thing. showing a lack of restraint is immature.

Meh, thats not solely pertained to women. Heck, sexual objectification isnt solely exclusive to men either. Women sexually objectify men, and themselves, and other women, and so do men. Fact is, it feels good to not only look attractive, but gain recognition(compliments, looks, stares) etc. for being so.

@Tulip- you need to realize that is how the human species works. When initially judging someone, most of that judgement is done by examining that persons appearance. Initial compliments in a given situation between two people that are attracted to each other, will generally be about the others appearance.

We all sexually objectify the opposite(or same if you swing that way) sex. Its a natural instinctual tendency. You can say it annoys you all you want, but if you have ever looked at a guy and thought he was cute, or hot, or were looking at how they appeared and judging them based off it, you are guilty of the same thing you profess to dislike.

Either way, welcome to life, lesson 1: Appearance is important(not most important obviously), and anyone who says otherwise is delusional
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 12:53:04 PM
At 6/2/2013 12:34:10 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Meh, thats not solely pertained to women. Heck, sexual objectification isnt solely exclusive to men either. Women sexually objectify men, and themselves, and other women, and so do men. Fact is, it feels good to not only look attractive, but gain recognition(compliments, looks, stares) etc. for being so.

@Tulip- you need to realize that is how the human species works. When initially judging someone, most of that judgement is done by examining that persons appearance. Initial compliments in a given situation between two people that are attracted to each other, will generally be about the others appearance.

We all sexually objectify the opposite(or same if you swing that way) sex. Its a natural instinctual tendency. You can say it annoys you all you want, but if you have ever looked at a guy and thought he was cute, or hot, or were looking at how they appeared and judging them based off it, you are guilty of the same thing you profess to dislike.

Either way, welcome to life, lesson 1: Appearance is important(not most important obviously), and anyone who says otherwise is delusional

well said

*gives budda a whole new cookie jar and a full jug of milk*
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:25:13 PM

I guess I'm delusional then huh Buddamoose? :/
There's a difference between judging someone for their appearance and analyzing someone's lifestyle. I don't look at guys like that ... (I won't lie and say that I didn't use to do that before but I do not do that now...)
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:26:51 PM
People assume too much about what others think or feel...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:27:25 PM

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't immediately start judging guys the first time I see them. I highly doubt that you cannot control yourself and engage with people of the opposite sex on a level that does not involve objectifying them. Yes, it may be natural, but it can be overcome very easily.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:32:32 PM
At 6/2/2013 7:25:13 PM, TULIP wrote:

There's a difference between judging someone for their appearance and analyzing someone's lifestyle. I don't look at guys like that ... (I won't lie and say that I didn't use to do that before but I do not do that now...)

To me looks are about 10% of the relationship. 20% personality, 60% loving and caring, 10% the rest that is left over. This is my judge sheet.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:34:55 PM

No we are sensitive, that is not called immaturity. Immaturity is acting not your age. Like lets say I was acting like a 3 year old and I'm actually 21 years old. This is called immaturity right here.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 7:35:45 PM
At 6/2/2013 11:53:02 AM, Maikuru wrote:

That's called sleeping.

lol
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 8:15:33 PM
At 6/2/2013 7:35:45 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/2/2013 11:53:02 AM, Maikuru wrote:

That's called sleeping.

lol

Well, that is pretty funny.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 7:04:33 AM
At 6/2/2013 7:25:13 PM, TULIP

A scosh, calling people perverted for objectifying someone, is like calling a salad bad because you don't happen to have a salad fork handy. Or your drink unappetizing because the pork is too dry. Doesn't make sense, considering human beings a sexual creatures, reproduction is after all, arguably, the purpose of our existence. Continuance of the species and all that, and appearance is a key factor in determining worthy and unworthy mates.

It sounds Stone Age sure, but you have to realize that we are still in effect the same as when we were running around hunting wooly mammoths and stuff. Same hardware underneath, so the primal instinct still plays a large factor in these types of decisions.

If someone looks sloppy and unappealing, I doubt you would at all consider being courted by them. If you find someone unnatractive appearance wise, its pretty much your instincts telling you, "this is not a good person to have kids with."
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 7:24:42 AM
At 6/3/2013 7:04:33 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

A scosh, calling people perverted for objectifying someone, is like calling a salad bad because you don't happen to have a salad fork handy. Or your drink unappetizing because the pork is too dry. Doesn't make sense, considering human beings a sexual creatures, reproduction is after all, arguably, the purpose of our existence. Continuance of the species and all that, and appearance is a key factor in determining worthy and unworthy mates.

It sounds Stone Age sure, but you have to realize that we are still in effect the same as when we were running around hunting wooly mammoths and stuff. Same hardware underneath, so the primal instinct still plays a large factor in these types of decisions.

I dated a guy once who dressed like a slob. But he was so smart and very fun to be with. Well he was very handsome but he was constantly dirty and wore the same cloths everyday. Well about. But he was the sweetest guy I have ever met. It's not mostly all about looks. I may be dating the most handsome guy out there right now, but it doesn't mean that he is caring and loving. Do you understand that Kenny? Appearance isn't everything. I will never ever marry a guy for his appearance. NEVER EVER.
If someone looks sloppy and unappealing, I doubt you would at all consider being courted by them. If you find someone unnatractive appearance wise, its pretty much your instincts telling you, "this is not a good person to have kids with."
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 7:33:56 AM
At 6/3/2013 7:24:42 AM, leojm wrote:
At 6/3/2013 7:04:33 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

I dated a guy once who dressed like a slob. But he was so smart and very fun to be with. Well he was very handsome but he was constantly dirty and wore the same cloths everyday. Well about. But he was the sweetest guy I have ever met. It's not mostly all about looks. I may be dating the most handsome guy out there right now, but it doesn't mean that he is caring and loving. Do you understand that Kenny? Appearance isn't everything. I will never ever marry a guy for his appearance. NEVER EVER.

(Highlighted) You are caring and loving.

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 12:18:44 PM
When did I ever say appearance was everything?
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 12:21:27 PM
At 6/3/2013 12:18:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
When did I ever say appearance was everything?

You didn't I just commented from that one comment you made about that um... looks is part of the relationship or something like that, and it was actually more towards TULIP.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.