Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheist Epistemology

kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 8:15:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

lol, no, they can't. I've asked similar questions, about people who lived in ancient times, the answer is always because someone said so, someone wrote about them so that's proof but and for some they will even admit that Jesus existed but don't believe WHAT was written about him and still others don't believe he existed at all, ironic isn't it.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2017 8:21:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:17:57 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Right, atheists are, to say the least, philosophically ignorant and hypocritical.

working in health care a long time now, I've seen the changes put in place to prevent children being switched, then there's adoption, the children are never told, many things we have to take on faith, someone else's word.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
cameron339
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.
cameron339
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:45:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Are you actually looking for a discussion? In your recent history, you've never actually discussed anything with anyone. Whoever disagrees with you just gets called a fool/moron. I suspect you just want to rant about Atheism and want others to agree with you.
"Hate begets hate"
cameron339
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:46:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).

Haha, I know you're a science denier, so nothing will change your mind. I guess we should just let out of prison all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. who were convicted on the basis of DNA evidence. But who cares, I'm talking to a Christian troll anyways. You need to lay off the Eric Dubay shtick and come back to reality. You sound exactly like him. He loves to use that line: "you're just trusting some scientist in a lab coat who works for the government." You must be a flat earther as well.
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:47:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:45:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Are you actually looking for a discussion? In your recent history, you've never actually discussed anything with anyone. Whoever disagrees with you just gets called a fool/moron. I suspect you just want to rant about Atheism and want others to agree with you.

Are you morons really this unable to answer a simple Q?
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:49:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:46:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).

Haha, I know you're a science denier, so nothing will change your mind. I guess we should just let out of prison all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. who were convicted on the basis of DNA evidence. But who cares, I'm talking to a Christian troll anyways. You need to lay off the Eric Dubay shtick and come back to reality. You sound exactly like him. He loves to use that line: "you're just trusting some scientist in a lab coat who works for the government." You must be a flat earther as well.

Exposing your silly faith is denying science? ROFL. That was a hilarious illogical leap.
cameron339
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:56:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:49:33 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:46:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).

Haha, I know you're a science denier, so nothing will change your mind. I guess we should just let out of prison all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. who were convicted on the basis of DNA evidence. But who cares, I'm talking to a Christian troll anyways. You need to lay off the Eric Dubay shtick and come back to reality. You sound exactly like him. He loves to use that line: "you're just trusting some scientist in a lab coat who works for the government." You must be a flat earther as well.

Exposing your silly faith is denying science? ROFL. That was a hilarious illogical leap.

You didn't expose anything other than your obsessive use of ad hominems Mr Dubay, you silly goose.
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:58:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:47:39 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:45:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Are you actually looking for a discussion? In your recent history, you've never actually discussed anything with anyone. Whoever disagrees with you just gets called a fool/moron. I suspect you just want to rant about Atheism and want others to agree with you.

Are you morons really this unable to answer a simple Q?

Ah good, now that you have proven you actually read what I post:

Vice, I am interested to hear your opinion on Atheism, Reality etc in its entirety, but I am unable to message you. I'm not interested in arguing, I would just like to hear your perspective, as I think it's a fairly divergent and unique one. Thanks in advance.

This is urgent, because looking at your behaviour I am fairly certain you will end up getting yourself banned :/
"Hate begets hate"
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 12:59:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:56:40 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:49:33 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:46:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).

Haha, I know you're a science denier, so nothing will change your mind. I guess we should just let out of prison all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. who were convicted on the basis of DNA evidence. But who cares, I'm talking to a Christian troll anyways. You need to lay off the Eric Dubay shtick and come back to reality. You sound exactly like him. He loves to use that line: "you're just trusting some scientist in a lab coat who works for the government." You must be a flat earther as well.

Exposing your silly faith is denying science? ROFL. That was a hilarious illogical leap.

You didn't expose anything other than your obsessive use of ad hominems Mr Dubay, you silly goose.

Now this fool with the irrational faith is demonstrating ignorance of what an ad hominem is. How funny that an evolutionist is ignorant of logic.
cameron339
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 1:41:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:59:44 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:56:40 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:49:33 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:46:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:32:05 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:29:23 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:07:42 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:01:49 AM, cameron339 wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Can any Christian tell me how they "know" they are actually "born again" without faith?

But in regards to your question. First, I can verify who my parents are through DNA testing. Second of all, they can show me the legal documentation or birth certificate of my birth. Now if you don't want me trust that I am the person that is listed on the birth certificate, then you are engaging in hyper skepticism where no ones' s identity can be trusted, and no one is who they say they are.

But I would also say there is a difference between trust and faith. I have good reason to trust certain people in my life. I don't need to have "faith" in them. Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have a good reason.

In other words, this fool's answer to my Q is that he cannot.

How did I not answer your question? I clearly laid out a pathway for you to determine when you were born. But instead you would rather engage in ad hominem fallacies.
Please enlighten us with how you know a dead Jew rose from the dead without faith?

You did answer my Q, short bus. You answer us that you cannot know your birthdate apart from you faith in your parents, what some dude says about your DNA and the government (?!?!?).

Haha, I know you're a science denier, so nothing will change your mind. I guess we should just let out of prison all the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. who were convicted on the basis of DNA evidence. But who cares, I'm talking to a Christian troll anyways. You need to lay off the Eric Dubay shtick and come back to reality. You sound exactly like him. He loves to use that line: "you're just trusting some scientist in a lab coat who works for the government." You must be a flat earther as well.

Exposing your silly faith is denying science? ROFL. That was a hilarious illogical leap.

You didn't expose anything other than your obsessive use of ad hominems Mr Dubay, you silly goose.

Now this fool with the irrational faith is demonstrating ignorance of what an ad hominem is. How funny that an evolutionist is ignorant of logic.

Don't know what an "evolutionist" is. You clearly don't know what an ad hominem is Mr ROFL.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 9,590
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2017 6:10:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/13/2017 12:58:47 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:47:39 AM, ViceRegent wrote:
At 9/13/2017 12:45:38 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Are you actually looking for a discussion? In your recent history, you've never actually discussed anything with anyone. Whoever disagrees with you just gets called a fool/moron. I suspect you just want to rant about Atheism and want others to agree with you.

Are you morons really this unable to answer a simple Q?

Ah good, now that you have proven you actually read what I post:

Vice, I am interested to hear your opinion on Atheism, Reality etc in its entirety, but I am unable to message you. I'm not interested in arguing, I would just like to hear your perspective, as I think it's a fairly divergent and unique one. Thanks in advance.

This is urgent, because looking at your behaviour I am fairly certain you will end up getting yourself banned :/

.... again.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
matt8800
Posts: 2,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2017 4:29:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

Probability is a factor.

For example, it is unlikely that anyone has flown on a winged horse (Muhammad in Quran) or that human sacrifice is effective (Jesus). I could not think of any reason or evidence to believe either of those claims.

I have never been to China but I believe it is highly probable that China exists. I could put together a long list of reasons why it probably does exist and no good reasons why it does not. Is it possible it is a worldwide conspiracy to convince me personally that China exists when the rest of the world knows it does not? Technically, it cannot be completely ruled out but it is unlikely to the point that it would be absurd to believe it.

You keep claiming that there is no way that people can know what they believe yet you seem to have no problem believing that human sacrifice (Jesus') is effective. Can you explain how that works? How do you know human sacrifice works? Did you read it in an old book? Did you hear voices in your head?
matt8800
Posts: 2,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2017 4:30:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:17:57 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Right, atheists are, to say the least, philosophically ignorant and hypocritical.

So, in other words, you admit that you dont know your religious beliefs are correct?
Nac
Posts: 404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2017 8:05:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If by faith you mean by assuming something without justification, then I would say no. The justification for anything ends up falling when discussing Agrippa's trilemma. What would even qualify as adequate justification? All I can see is an infinite regress, a foundational belief, or a chain where beliefs justify each other. It is a serious problem imo.

Now that we've gotten this out of the way, why are you asking this question? I have a couple of guesses, but none of them appear charitable enough as a reason to suppose you would ask this question, so I would prefer it if you explained.

Oh, and before this is claimed to be "the" atheist's epistemology, it doesn't have to be. Atheism is just a lack of belief in a higher power on my view, so we don't really have to share any other beliefs. It was just my response to the question in the OP, not a normative answer to the title.
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2017 8:52:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

It was written on a legitimate form recognised by every organisation as true.
What's your point?
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
reece
Posts: 838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2017 9:36:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

By 'knowing', you have acquired knowledge. It doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Faith isn't required when it comes to your birthdate. It isn't like whoever told you said that theirs a wizard in the sky, and if you don't have faith, the wizard would send you to a bad place.
Quadrunner
Posts: 5,509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2017 5:50:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

You can't know anything without faith. There's nothing special about atheism that eludes basic human function
ebuc
Posts: 2,912
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2017 6:34:04 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?:

We know we have a birth date because we exist. Those who are in doubt need mental and emotional help.

We have faith and trust every time we drive our automobiles, that, the person coming from the opposite direction will not cross the center line at the time we pass them.

I always liked the one asking if Adam and Eve had navels. If yes, because created in image of some patriarchal God, then why does God had a navel? Ergo, trust and faith in irrational, illogical lack of common sense ideas is irrational, illogical lack of common sense.

Again, trust and faith that Adam and Eve existed, even if there is not birth date.

ebuc
" U "niverse > Universe > Universe I -verse < you-verse we-verse > them-verse
Gravitational SPACE ( + )
Dark Energy SPACE )-(
Time >66.4< --frequency ^v^v
Mind/Intellect 12--3-fold 4-fold and 5-fold
Biological *8* --bilateral four's
Spin <left 6 right >---Pitch, Yaw Roll{ 3 * 2 = 6 }
IS >2<--positive and negative tetrhaedron
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 5:07:18 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/11/2017 9:36:59 AM, reece wrote:
At 9/12/2017 8:04:07 PM, ViceRegent wrote:
Can any atheist tell me how they "know" their birthdate without faith?

By 'knowing', you have acquired knowledge. It doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Faith isn't required when it comes to your birthdate. It isn't like whoever told you said that theirs a wizard in the sky, and if you don't have faith, the wizard would send you to a bad place.

In other words, this moron think he has knowledge of fictions. Did I not say atheists are delusional?

And prove how you know you birthdate apart from faith, mental midget.
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 5:11:13 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 10/1/2017 8:05:56 PM, Nac wrote:
If by faith you mean by assuming something without justification, then I would say no. The justification for anything ends up falling when discussing Agrippa's trilemma. What would even qualify as adequate justification? All I can see is an infinite regress, a foundational belief, or a chain where beliefs justify each other. It is a serious problem imo.

Now that we've gotten this out of the way, why are you asking this question? I have a couple of guesses, but none of them appear charitable enough as a reason to suppose you would ask this question, so I would prefer it if you explained.

Oh, and before this is claimed to be "the" atheist's epistemology, it doesn't have to be. Atheism is just a lack of belief in a higher power on my view, so we don't really have to share any other beliefs. It was just my response to the question in the OP, not a normative answer to the title.

Moron, I know you are desperate for me to think you are intelligent, but running from the OP is not the way to do it. Answer the OP or shut up.
3RU7AL
Posts: 2,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 5:12:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 11/8/2017 5:07:18 PM, ViceRegent wrote:

And prove how you know you birthdate apart from faith, mental midget.

By finding evidence.
Believing in "objective reality" is just like believing in heaven.
Please adhere to obvious epistemological limits.
ethang5, PureX, and I agree on... http://www.debate.org...
How to have a Rational Conversation http://www.debate.org...
Cognitive bias https://www.youtube.com...
Bias blindspot https://www.youtube.com...
What is Alief? https://www.youtube.com...

+proHUMAN
ViceRegent
Posts: 1,117
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2017 5:14:31 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 11/8/2017 5:12:47 PM, 3RU7AL wrote:
At 11/8/2017 5:07:18 PM, ViceRegent wrote:

And prove how you know you birthdate apart from faith, mental midget.

By finding evidence.

ROFL. Tell us how you know you have found evidence and that this evidence is true.

I love how mindless these fools are.