Jump to topic:

Anti-Slavery Just as Violent as Pro-Slavery

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 3:57:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The War of Northern Aggression is a perfect example of how the supposedly morally righteous Northerners were just as barbaric as the Southern estate owners they criticized.

Lincoln was a tyrant, he ignored the States Right to seceded from the Union. In a predictable tyrannical fashion he turned the North into a police state, he suspended habius corpus and forced its citizens to fight in his armies along with brutal suppression of rioters that opposed it. In his power hungry madness he even made a bombastic proclamation that attempted to delegitimize the livelihood of the South and its proud culture.

I dare not even describe the bedlam that befell the poor citizens of the South in that War, for it is too filled with gore and tragedy, loss unimaginable - but it happened all the while Lincoln, the Commander of Chief, watched.

Therefore given that anti-slavery is just as bad as pro-slavery, it's morally acceptable to be pro-slavery. Honestly just watch how an SJW would try to censor a pro-slavery opinion on a campus. That makes them the fascists not us. In-group bias is natural EMBRACE IT - nothing could go wrong.
The Prophet Sanders preaching the Word [][]
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 5:40:24 AM
At 6/12/2018 3:57:47 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
The War of Northern Aggression is a perfect example of how the supposedly morally righteous Northerners were just as barbaric as the Southern estate owners they criticized.

Lincoln was a tyrant, he ignored the States Right to seceded from the Union. In a predictable tyrannical fashion he turned the North into a police state, he suspended habius corpus and forced its citizens to fight in his armies along with brutal suppression of rioters that opposed it. In his power hungry madness he even made a bombastic proclamation that attempted to delegitimize the livelihood of the South and its proud culture.

I dare not even describe the bedlam that befell the poor citizens of the South in that War, for it is too filled with gore and tragedy, loss unimaginable - but it happened all the while Lincoln, the Commander of Chief, watched.

Therefore given that anti-slavery is just as bad as pro-slavery, it's morally acceptable to be pro-slavery. Honestly just watch how an SJW would try to censor a pro-slavery opinion on a campus. That makes them the fascists not us. In-group bias is natural EMBRACE IT - nothing could go wrong.

But none of that has anything to do with the actual morality of slavery. Doing immoral things for a moral cause doesn't make the cause immoral, nor the thing campaigned against moral.

Do you have a moral defense of slavery itself?
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:09:07 AM

Therefore given that anti-slavery is just as bad as pro-slavery, it's morally acceptable to be pro-slavery. Honestly just watch how an SJW would try to censor a pro-slavery opinion on a campus. That makes them the fascists not us. In-group bias is natural EMBRACE IT - nothing could go wrong.::

So when Democrats say the Republicans used to be leftists and there was a "switch", it's a lie...or so you tell us...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:16:52 AM
At 6/12/2018 6:09:07 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:

So when Democrats say the Republicans used to be leftists and there was a "switch", it's a lie...or so you tell us...

You'll have to quote me where I said that.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:26:20 AM
At 6/12/2018 5:40:24 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

But none of that has anything to do with the actual morality of slavery. Doing immoral things for a moral cause doesn't make the cause immoral, nor the thing campaigned against moral.

It does. The North thought themselves superior in terms of morality, yet look what they did. They practically enslaved the South! So much pride and heritage tarnished by Northern hypocrisy. Have you no sympathy for the estate owner? He was a pillar of the community, a gentleman advocate for a deFederalized government and a job creator!

I employ a combination of moral relativism and Bible quotes.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:32:35 AM
At 6/12/2018 6:26:20 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

It does. The North thought themselves superior in terms of morality, yet look what they did. They practically enslaved the South! So much pride and heritage tarnished by Northern hypocrisy. Have you no sympathy for the estate owner? He was a pillar of the community, a gentleman advocate for a deFederalized government and a job creator!

Well, when you put it this way, that does embody all that is truly good and pure.

I employ a combination of moral relativism and Bible quotes.

Then your position is clearly unassailable.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:55:11 AM
At 6/12/2018 6:16:52 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

You'll have to quote me where I said that.::

If there was no switch, you're still the party of slavery, Japanese camps, Jim Crow, and the KKK.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 6:55:50 AM

Oh. And don't forget the Trail of Tears.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 7:00:57 AM
At 6/12/2018 6:55:11 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:

If there was no switch, you're still the party of slavery, Japanese camps, Jim Crow, and the KKK.

I'm sorry but that doesn't look like a quote from the OP.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 7:09:06 AM
At 6/12/2018 7:00:57 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/12/2018 6:55:11 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:

I'm sorry but that doesn't look like a quote from the OP.::

Dodging won't help you here. Doesn't matter. If Lincoln is ours, those 5 things are still yours. Will you be paying the Natives, the blacks, and the Japanese reperations now or later?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 7:19:06 AM
At 6/12/2018 7:09:06 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:

Dodging won't help you here. Doesn't matter. If Lincoln is ours, those 5 things are still yours. Will you be paying the Natives, the blacks, and the Japanese reperations now or later?

You accused me of saying the "switch" was a lie based on what I said. I asked for a quote to prove I had said that. You now continue to dodge. I have no reason to respond to your posts unless you have the originally required evidence.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 7:26:12 AM
At 6/12/2018 6:32:35 AM, Wizofoz wrote:
At 6/12/2018 6:26:20 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

Well, when you put it this way, that does embody all that is truly good and pure.

Yea I'm pretty convincing. Bronto/mingo/fungus is my debate coach.

Then your position is clearly unassailable.

Yes, it's protected by a thick layer of skull. Unlike Bronto, who's brain is so gelatinous all ideas and concepts pass through it only for the per-arranged nucleus of opinions/talking points that he repeatedly spouts to remain.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 1:56:03 PM

very proactive indeed, totally unexpected from you, no insult intended, just surprising. I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored. Based on your statement it seems the North didn't think "all lives mattered" :)
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 9:07:15 PM
At 6/12/2018 1:56:03 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored. Based on your statement it seems the North didn't think "all lives mattered" :)

Are you pro-slavery now?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 11:38:39 PM
At 6/12/2018 9:07:15 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored. Based on your statement it seems the North didn't think "all lives mattered" :)

Are you pro-slavery now?

what an off the wall thing to ask lol, I understand the point you made, having an open mind lets me understand things that I don't necessarily agree with. What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides and that no one should attempt to take the moral high ground when causing those deaths.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2018 11:50:45 PM
At 6/12/2018 11:38:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Are you pro-slavery now?

what an off the wall thing to ask lol, I understand the point you made, having an open mind lets me understand things that I don't necessarily agree with. What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides and that no one should attempt to take the moral high ground when causing those deaths.

When did the OP ever imply both sides? Did you not read the last paragraph? Or the title of this thread?

What you seem to miss is that given the South and it culture was heavily dependent on slavery the violence necessary to end that practice was justified. This logic can be loosely applied to ANTIFA as well - because the same arguments used against ANTIFA I just used against the North and Lincoln.

The moral high ground wasn't about war dead it was about SLAVERY. I literally was making a joke about how people believe these coded racist BS and you actually agreed with it. Hahahahaha no wonder the alt right has so much power.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:15:28 AM
At 6/12/2018 11:50:45 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/12/2018 11:38:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Are you pro-slavery now?

When did the OP ever imply both sides? Did you not read the last paragraph? Or the title of this thread?

What you seem to miss is that given the South and it culture was heavily dependent on slavery the violence necessary to end that practice was justified. This logic can be loosely applied to ANTIFA as well - because the same arguments used against ANTIFA I just used against the North and Lincoln.

The moral high ground wasn't about war dead it was about SLAVERY. I literally was making a joke about how people believe these coded racist BS and you actually agreed with it. Hahahahaha no wonder the alt right has so much power.

yeah my bad, thought you were really trying to make a thoughtful and thought provoking post to stretch the mind and garner some discussion, rather than a troll post, yep you got me, I gave you too much credit, that's on me.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:19:03 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:15:28 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

yeah my bad, thought you were really trying to make a thoughtful and thought provoking post to stretch the mind and garner some discussion, rather than a troll post, yep you got me, I gave you too much credit, that's on me.

No. The post worked perfectly. You literally supported the pro-slavery side. Try to wrap your head around that. YOU HAD NO CLUE THE AMOUNT OF BIAS I WROTE THAT WITH.

You just agreed with it!

How is blaming the North as the aggressor resemble being proactive or balanced?! hhahaha

It just proves what i've known all along. You are the one who can't operate in good faith because you agree with bad faith arguments like the OP.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:23:54 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:19:03 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

No. The post worked perfectly. You literally supported the pro-slavery side. Try to wrap your head around that. YOU HAD NO CLUE THE AMOUNT OF BIAS I WROTE THAT WITH.

you are so dishonest and a liar, show where I said I was pro slavery
You just agreed with it!

liar
How is blaming the North as the aggressor resemble being proactive or balanced?! hhahaha

blame? did I blame or point out innocents died on both sides?
It just proves what i've known all along. You are the one who can't operate in good faith because you agree with bad faith arguments like the OP.
if you were half as smart as you thought you were, you'd be a genius.
in fact I was humoring you nub.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:29:19 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:23:54 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

"very proactive indeed ... I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored."

You said you gathered from my post that I pointed out innocents on both sides. That was you projecting. Now you're trying to agree with that neutral projection on the OP that never was.

What did you think you agreeing with when I wrote the OP?

Lol humoring me????? Hhahahahahah no no yes you really do humor me hahahahahahah
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:33:10 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:29:19 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

"very proactive indeed ... I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored."

yes, free speech especially means speech you don't like, speech you like doesn't need protecting, you should learn a lot more about the 1a

You said you gathered from my post that I pointed out innocents on both sides. That was you projecting. Now you're trying to agree with that neutral projection on the OP that never was.

the fact that innocents died on both sides, is a fact.

the points I listed, exactly what I said and not what you chose to add or assume

Lol humoring me????? Hhahahahahah no no yes you really do humor me hahahahahahah
so no proof yet liar?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:50:57 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:33:10 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

yes, free speech especially means speech you don't like, speech you like doesn't need protecting, you should learn a lot more about the 1a

I'm amazed by your deflection. You freely admitted you agreed with a pro-slavery argument, that's the criticism. Not that you used your free speech - but that your free speech is terrible and literally supports slavery. Pretending slavery is just an equal rational idea among the rest of them is ludicrous.

But it's not a fact I mentioned. Can you explain why you said this? "What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides ..." How did you gather that?

You're literally doing what I called bronto out for on post #11.

the points I listed, exactly what I said and not what you chose to add or assume

Lets list the points made in post #13: very proactive indeed, totally unexpected from you, no insult intended, just surprising. I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored. Based on your statement it seems the North didn't think "all lives mattered" :)

Where is the point? First you compliment me

Then you generally agree with me

then you specifically agree about SJWs on campus.

Then finally you assumed I was referring to "all lives matter" which is a dog whistle used by racists when discrediting Black Lives Matter. And I wasn't making that point, of course all lives matter makes no sense in war time. The lives of slave defenders didn't matter during the war. And they deserved to die, their culture lay wasted by the Union that would later reconstitute with the South.

Did I miss a point?

so no proof yet liar?

Proof of what? I already quoted you.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 1:31:17 AM
At 6/13/2018 12:50:57 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/13/2018 12:33:10 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

I'm amazed by your deflection. You freely admitted you agreed with a pro-slavery argument, that's the criticism. Not that you used your free speech - but that your free speech is terrible and literally supports slavery. Pretending slavery is just an equal rational idea among the rest of them is ludicrous.

quote where I admitted I agreed with a pro-slavery argument, rather than understood it liar.

But it's not a fact I mentioned. Can you explain why you said this? "What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides ..." How did you gather that?

your first line that you deleted
The War of Northern Aggression is a perfect example of how the supposedly morally righteous Northerners were just as barbaric as the Southern estate owners
and more
brutal suppression of rioters
any other questions liar?

Lets list the points made in post #13: very proactive indeed, totally unexpected from you, no insult intended, just surprising. I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo and yes they would scream hate speech and want it censored. Based on your statement it seems the North didn't think "all lives mattered" :)

i explained what I agreed about if you did a little further reading of follow up posts
then you specifically agree about SJWs on campus.

and?
Then finally you assumed I was referring to "all lives matter" which is a dog whistle used by racists when discrediting Black Lives Matter. And I wasn't making that point, of course all lives matter makes no sense in war time. The lives of slave defenders didn't matter during the war. And they deserved to die, their culture lay wasted by the Union that would later reconstitute with the South.

I assumed nothing, I made the statement w/o any thought given to you, get over yourself liar.
Did I miss a point?

clearly as I qualified it as innocent lives

so no proof yet liar?

Proof of what? I already quoted you.
you've proven nothing liar.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 2:43:01 AM
At 6/13/2018 1:31:17 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

quote where I admitted I agreed with a pro-slavery argument, rather than understood it liar.

I wrote a pro-slavery argument and your response was:

"I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo ..."

Do you know what "imo" means?

The War of Northern Aggression is a perfect example of how the supposedly morally righteous Northerners were just as barbaric as the Southern estate owners

You deleted the last words 'they criticized' That's not condemning both sides. That's calling one side barbaric and noting the other side also has criticisms.

and more

Yea why don't you understand that it was referring to the actions of the north and anti-slavery forces? No direct mention of the southern atrocities like slavery or the war crimes they committed against civilians. It was totally bashing the North and you ate it up as "proactive". You're a joke.

Leaving because it's true.

i explained what I agreed about if you did a little further reading of follow up posts

FALSE

Later you said: "what an off the wall thing to ask lol, I understand the point you made, having an open mind lets me understand things that I don't necessarily agree with. What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides and that no one should attempt to take the moral high ground when causing those deaths."

So lets go through your so called points.

First you express incredulity
Then you falsely assert you understood the point and that you're open minded.
Then you said you gathered what I wrote which has already been proven false.

What else have I missed about what you liked about the OP? I think you're embarrassed you got caught.

and?

And what? You're the one that said it.

I assumed nothing, I made the statement w/o any thought given to you, get over yourself liar.

You literally wrote "from what I gather" that's a euphemism for assuming. You're a terrible liar - you're projecting your own inadequacy.

Did I miss a point?

But missed the point we're not talking about war dead as the justification for be pro or anti slavery. nor acknoledging the FACT southern culture affiliated with slavery and the confederacy that fought to protect it is immoral.

Do me a favor. Quote the part of the OP you agreed with. What were you generally agreeing to separate from campus censoring pro slavery sjws.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 4:36:12 AM
At 6/12/2018 7:19:06 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

You accused me of saying the "switch" was a lie based on what I said. I asked for a quote to prove I had said that. You now continue to dodge. I have no reason to respond to your posts unless you have the originally required evidence.::

Well let's just take a looksie, shall we?

So when Democrats say the Republicans used to be leftists and there was a "switch", it's a lie...or so you tell us...::

Nope. Never accused you personally of saying anything. Will you be addressing why the Democrats are still giving away native lands to foreigners?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 4:43:27 AM
At 6/13/2018 4:36:12 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:

You accused me of saying the "switch" was a lie based on what I said. I asked for a quote to prove I had said that. You now continue to dodge. I have no reason to respond to your posts unless you have the originally required evidence.::

So when Democrats say the Republicans used to be leftists and there was a "switch", it's a lie...or so you tell us...::

Nope. Never accused you personally of saying anything. Will you be addressing why the Democrats are still giving away native lands to foreigners?

Quote: "or so you tell us."

I told no one this in the OP. That is a lie you continue to evade responsibility for.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 5:46:44 AM
At 6/13/2018 4:43:27 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

I told no one this in the OP. That is a lie you continue to evade responsibility for.::

"You" obviously meaning the Democrat Party. Do you refute this?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 7:48:22 AM
At 6/13/2018 5:46:44 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:
At 6/13/2018 4:43:27 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

I told no one this in the OP. That is a lie you continue to evade responsibility for.::

"You" obviously meaning the Democrat Party. Do you refute this?

The Democratic Party didn't write the OP. Nor am I a Democrat. So you now move the goal post to say: "So when Democrats say the Republicans used to be leftists and there was a "switch", it's a lie...or so [The Democratic Party] tell us..."

So your post wasn't addressed to me and thus I have no reason to respond to it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 12:40:09 PM
At 6/13/2018 2:43:01 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/13/2018 1:31:17 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

I wrote a pro-slavery argument and your response was:

"I mean what you wrote makes total sense imo ..."

Do you know what "imo" means?

read it everything in context liar

You deleted the last words 'they criticized' That's not condemning both sides. That's calling one side barbaric and noting the other side also has criticisms.

and more

Yea why don't you understand that it was referring to the actions of the north and anti-slavery forces? No direct mention of the southern atrocities like slavery or the war crimes they committed against civilians. It was totally bashing the North and you ate it up as "proactive". You're a joke.

Leaving because it's true.

FALSE

Later you said: "what an off the wall thing to ask lol, I understand the point you made, having an open mind lets me understand things that I don't necessarily agree with. What I gathered from what you wrote is a lot of innocent lives were lost on both sides and that no one should attempt to take the moral high ground when causing those deaths."

yes don't agree with, that to complex for you to wrap your mind around liar?
Don't use you gathered, be more accurate YOU ASSUMED
So lets go through your so called points.

First you express incredulity
Then you falsely assert you understood the point and that you're open minded.
Then you said you gathered what I wrote which has already been proven false.

What else have I missed about what you liked about the OP? I think you're embarrassed you got caught.

you lie, I'm embarrassed for you.
and?

And what? You're the one that said it.

nice selective deleting to remove context, so dishonest

You literally wrote "from what I gather" that's a euphemism for assuming. You're a terrible liar - you're projecting your own inadequacy.

Did I miss a point?

But missed the point we're not talking about war dead as the justification for be pro or anti slavery. nor acknoledging the FACT southern culture affiliated with slavery and the confederacy that fought to protect it is immoral.

Do me a favor. Quote the part of the OP you agreed with. What were you generally agreeing to separate from campus censoring pro slavery sjws.
I already have, if you can't read what I already wrote that's your problem, you made a very insulting, reprehensible and false accusation, you are dishonest and a liar.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2018 3:37:09 PM

Lol ...you should have guessed that when he said in the OP that "Therefore given that anti-slavery is just as bad as pro-slavery, it's morally acceptable to be pro-slavery."

1) Option A is morally bad
2) Option B is equally bad
3) Therefore Option B is morally good.

Troll logic.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.