Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:03:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/26/2012 1:51:36 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/25/2012 5:06:36 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/24/2012 6:56:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm not going to really respond to this with a response, but with a question. Not as an argument, because I'm generally ambivalent about the issue right now but as a straight-up question.

Would your call to support the Palestinians extend to groups such as Hamas?

Well, let's see, this country already supports the state of Israel, even though it often behaves like a bloody terrorist (that's "bloody" in the sense of sanguinary, i.e., murderous, not in the British slangy sense), so why would it be so beyond our government's moral pale to work in some constructive fashion with Hamas?! (Btw, see my response in your thread that examines the question "does capitalism breed conformity". I hope that it will provide some at least mildly sociocritically stimulating food for reflection.)

It IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE TERRORIST organization known as Israel uses mobile military command posts in the form of passenger busses. Hamas has no choice but to blow up the meatshields.

Sorry but this is really dumb. I never heard of such stupidity.

I Googled the words:
"Israel uses mobile military command posts in the form of passenger busses"

I found no such B.S.

https://www.google.com...

If you think about it for a minute, there are several reasons that this lie doesn't even make sense.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM
At 11/27/2012 12:43:00 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/21/2012 9:55:28 PM, MouthWash wrote:
*yawn*

Hmm, is this all the input that you have to offer?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:28:49 PM
At 11/26/2012 10:19:11 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/26/2012 10:17:14 PM, charleslb wrote:

It IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT THE TERRORIST organization known as Israel uses mobile military command posts in the form of passenger busses. Hamas has no choice but to blow up the meatshields.

Hmm, and what mock-legitimate excuse, pray tell, does Israel have when it inflicts violence and loss-of-life on genuinely, not rhetorically, innocent Arab civilians? "Well, the rocks that those junior terrorists (aka children) were pelting our armored vehicles with might have penetrated their plating and so our brave lads in the IDF had no choice but to unleash some defensive artillery fire on them"? Or, perhaps, "We have no choice but to bomb their communities, since our righteously hegemonic behavior and policies for some rationally unfathomable reason keep provoking them into firing rockets in the direction of our illegal settlements populated by innocent civilians."?

Yes the armor plating on Israeli busses is incredibly thick.

Or, perhaps Israeli busses are unusually heavily armored, given all of the hostility that Israel's treatment of the Palestinians provokes, and you're being quite serious?

yes.

Hmm, persisting in asinine sarcasm.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:44:07 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:03:05 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
At 11/26/2012 1:51:36 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 11/25/2012 5:06:36 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/24/2012 6:56:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'm not going to really respond to this with a response, but with a question. Not as an argument, because I'm generally ambivalent about the issue right now but as a straight-up question.

Would your call to support the Palestinians extend to groups such as Hamas?

Well, let's see, this country already supports the state of Israel, even though it often behaves like a bloody terrorist (that's "bloody" in the sense of sanguinary, i.e., murderous, not in the British slangy sense), so why would it be so beyond our government's moral pale to work in some constructive fashion with Hamas?! (Btw, see my response in your thread that examines the question "does capitalism breed conformity". I hope that it will provide some at least mildly sociocritically stimulating food for reflection.)

Yes, quite dumb. So much for the vaunted high intelligence of grey parrots.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:25:06 PM, charleslb wrote:
*yawn*

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely: http://www.youtube.com...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM
At 11/27/2012 6:03:01 PM, YYW wrote:
*yawn*

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 1:58:07 AM
At 11/28/2012 1:31:27 AM, charleslb wrote:
*yawn*

The video I afore posted is what I have to contribute. It's not mine, but a perspective I endorse entirely

Trying to avoid excessive typing that might lead to developing carpal tunnel? Or is there some other reason that you don't care to express your views in your own words?

Of course, there is always the crazy idea that you could attack what the guy says in the video, maybe in a couple sentences, and we can go from there.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 2:22:26 AM
At 11/28/2012 1:58:07 AM, OberHerr wrote:
*yawn*

Of course, there is always the crazy idea that you could attack what the guy says in the video, maybe in a couple sentences, and we can go from there.

Petty response.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 4:45:00 AM

I Googled the words:

I found no such B.S.

If you think about it for a minute, there are several reasons that this lie doesn't even make sense.

I'm in love.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:12:45 AM
*yawn*

I agree with Pat Condell, and I think he said it rather nicely. Also, I think people are more likely to watch a video than read one of my notoriously long posts.

Btw, if you want to have a go with me about Israel (either philosophically or politically), feel free to challenge me to a debate.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:41:39 AM
At 11/21/2012 9:49:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
Well, firstly, it should be an accepted truism among... [and some other sh!t]

Its not, btw, that I just dislike you -I just think you're full of sh!t.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 3:25:12 PM
At 11/28/2012 6:41:39 AM, YYW wrote:
...I just think you're full of sh!t.

Actually, this is certainly not the case, as I take a dose of a Metamucil-type fiber supplement every morning.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:53:10 PM
At 11/28/2012 3:25:12 PM, charleslb wrote:

Actually, this is certainly not the case, as I take a dose of a Metamucil-type fiber supplement every morning.

Nah, if you were given an enema, you could fit in a match box! :D
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:20:32 PM
At 11/23/2012 8:04:15 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 11/22/2012 11:43:34 AM, Mirza wrote:
Nonetheless -- What kind of native Americans own the lands? They had tribes before, not a wholly united society. I'm pretty sure they fought for land themselves, took it and gave it endlessly from one another. So, why should white Americans just screw it all over and give everything to someone who had native American origin?:

Tribes fought and massacred one another constantly. Sadly, however, Royal only sees victims and victimizers. The situation between Native Americans and European Americans is intensely complicated. The situation between Israeli's and Palestinians is even more complicated. That anyone thinks one group is necessarily right and the other necessarily wrong, knows f*ck all about actual history and shamelessly prefers a biased, revisionist history to suit a personal agenda and/or ideology.

Wise words. Take heed, fellow DDO-ites.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 9:10:34 PM
At 11/28/2012 5:53:10 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

*metaphorical sh!t.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:14:43 AM
At 11/28/2012 6:20:32 PM, jat93 wrote:
Nonetheless -- What kind of native Americans own the lands? They had tribes before, not a wholly united society. I'm pretty sure they fought for land themselves, took it and gave it endlessly from one another. So, why should white Americans just screw it all over and give everything to someone who had native American origin?:

Tribes fought and massacred one another constantly. Sadly, however, Royal only sees victims and victimizers. The situation between Native Americans and European Americans is intensely complicated. The situation between Israeli's and Palestinians is even more complicated. That anyone thinks one group is necessarily right and the other necessarily wrong, knows f*ck all about actual history and shamelessly prefers a biased, revisionist history to suit a personal agenda and/or ideology.

The Palestinians are ongoingly being subjected to victimization at the hands of Israel. This is a tragically tangible historical, political, and moral fact, it's hardly "revisionist" to state it in an outright fashion and to call for us to support the victim. Yes, to do so is not to express an ignorant-of-"actual history", shameless ideological bias, but rather merely a sense of morality and decency.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:16:18 AM
At 11/28/2012 9:10:34 PM, YYW wrote:

*metaphorical sh!t.

Better than the cranial excrement that you're more familiar with.
TigerTime
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:39:43 AM
I don't know a lot about this issue, but I hear people saying all the time that "Israel has a right to defend itself" but don't the Palestinians also have the right to defend themselves?

I mean ya it is land that belonged to the Jews way back, but its hostile territory over there. If I understand this right, Israel was re-established to give the jews their own country so they wouldn't have to worry about being persecuted all the time, but the spot they picked was right in the middle of all their enemies! It just seems like such a stupid choice to me. I get that it's holy land, but come on it's just causing needless problems.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:35:51 AM
At 11/29/2012 2:16:18 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 11/28/2012 9:10:34 PM, YYW wrote:

*metaphorical sh!t.

Better than the cranial excrement that you're more familiar with.

Oh my. That almost sounded like you were trying to say something. But alas.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:48:56 AM
At 11/29/2012 2:14:43 AM, charleslb wrote:

The Palestinians are ongoingly being subjected to victimization at the hands of Israel. This is a tragically tangible historical, political, and moral fact, it's hardly "revisionist" to state it in an outright fashion and to call for us to support the victim. Yes, to do so is not to express an ignorant-of-"actual history", shameless ideological bias, but rather merely a sense of morality and decency.

Not seeing any argument here, sorry.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:35:32 PM

+1.
Wnope made a similar point.
This is my view as well.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:56:44 PM

You're just as guilty of this as royal. Please.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:55:56 PM
At 11/29/2012 2:56:44 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Maybe he changed his mind.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:09:19 PM
At 11/29/2012 3:55:56 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:

With someone like this, mere 'evidence' cannot change minds.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:47:19 PM
At 11/29/2012 5:09:19 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/29/2012 3:55:56 PM, truthseeker613 wrote:

Most Americans, even if they actually support Israel, have no idea what's actually going on.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 6:09:33 PM
At 11/29/2012 5:47:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Most Americans, even if they actually support Israel, have no idea what's actually going on.

This statement I can and do agree with.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 6:18:12 PM
At 11/29/2012 10:48:56 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:14:43 AM, charleslb wrote:

Not seeing any argument here, sorry.

That's because I merely stated certain ethically significant facts and a moral position dictated by those facts and by a sense of moral decency. For many this would suffice, do you require some better, more logically sound reason to oppose Israel's hegemonic behavior and to support its victims?
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:38:18 PM
At 11/29/2012 5:09:19 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Well, intellectually it's of course a rather good thing to have an open mind, but an open heart is also a highly desirable characterological trait, is your heart at all open to being touched by the cruel plight of the Palestinian people? Or are you all cold conservative rationality and no compassion or character?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 9:50:11 PM
At 11/28/2012 4:45:00 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I Googled the words:

I found no such B.S.

I'm in love.

If you think about it for a minute, that doesn't even make sense hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:25:11 PM
At 11/29/2012 9:50:11 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 11/28/2012 4:45:00 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

I Googled the words:

I found no such B.S.

I'm in love.

If you think about it for a minute, that doesn't even make sense hah

How the hell can you not see the sarcasm????
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.