Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 10:26:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/6/2013 10:25:29 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Never mind. I get it. This is retarded, I'm ashamed to be an American

Now you're getting it!

God bless 'Merica... because only 'Merica elected Rand Paul. America -the rest of it- weeps. Cry, the beloved country.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 10:35:12 PM

You're in the minority opinion. Its a great thing, to make this administration make explicit they won't shred the bill of rights.
Filibuster is there for a reason, there are plenty of politicians you should be far more ashamed of.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 10:57:13 PM
At 3/6/2013 10:35:12 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You're in the minority opinion. Its a great thing, to make this administration make explicit they won't shred the bill of rights.
Filibuster is there for a reason, there are plenty of politicians you should be far more ashamed of.

Obama won reelection. The GOP lost considerably. The GOP is blamed more frequently for problems than the Obama administration.

That said, however, while SOME may stand with Randy P, the overwhelming majority of Americans don't give a fvck.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:08:15 PM
At 3/6/2013 10:57:13 PM, YYW wrote:

Obama won reelection. The GOP lost considerably. The GOP is blamed more frequently for problems than the Obama administration.

That said, however, while SOME may stand with Randy P, the overwhelming majority of Americans don't give a fvck.

None of what you said is relevant, the majority of informed voters do care about this issue.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:17:06 PM
At 3/6/2013 11:08:15 PM, lewis20 wrote:

None of what you said is relevant, the majority of informed voters do care about this issue.

lol
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:36:19 PM
Sounds like he's throwing in the towel

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:37:23 PM
At 3/6/2013 11:36:19 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Nevermind

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:37:40 PM
At 3/6/2013 11:36:19 PM, lewis20 wrote:

not sure, seems as if he's still babbling, although its kind of funny how empty the senate is now.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2013 11:38:36 PM
Ya he's done' gotta go to the bathroom ha

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:01:27 AM
The Senate session was over. Rand didn't quit.

He will likely continue tomorrow.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:06:07 AM

And you're priding and standing with the ignorant majority that has no clue. What a great stand!

You might not want to hear this but the ACLU officially endorsed the filibuster, Jon Stewart supported it. Several Progressives, Liberals, Democrats, Obama voters, of all types support Rand Paul.

#StandwithRand was the number once trending term on Twitter all day and recognized worldwide. While you willingly choose to remain ignorant, the rest of the world is waking up and the intelligent applaud him.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:15:18 AM
At 3/7/2013 12:06:07 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

And you're priding and standing with the ignorant majority that has no clue. What a great stand!

You might not want to hear this but the ACLU officially endorsed the filibuster, Jon Stewart supported it. Several Progressives, Liberals, Democrats, Obama voters, of all types support Rand Paul.

#StandwithRand was the number once trending term on Twitter all day and recognized worldwide. While you willingly choose to remain ignorant, the rest of the world is waking up and the intelligent applaud him.

How do you not support this? Who is in favor of assassinations?

I'm not typically a fan of how Paul campaigns (which is to say, more often than not, his supporters are douchebags...present company excluded), but you cannot deny that the man walks the walk, and does so on a lot of important issues.

Nothin' but respect for what he's doin 'now?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 12:53:32 AM
At 3/7/2013 12:06:07 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I didn't say I stand with the people who don't give a fvck, only that the majority of Americans don't care. As it happens, I think that the use of drones on American soil (while legally permissible, to an extent) is morally and ethically abhorrent. I also think grandstanding is meaningless, because while it gets a degree of interest in the present, when the sun rises anew, it will be yesterday's news. I also agree that it's a problem that more people don't care, because only their action will keep government in check.

As you know, I have no problem with the use of drones to kill terrorists abroad -but I object in almost every case to their use in surveillance. Geo, I am the epitome of a "big government liberal" -but that does't mean I want the US Government to be have an apparatus at their disposal that transforms American society into a panopticon. But it's probably too late for that already...

That aside, I'll disregard the remarks about ignorance, etc.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 3:15:21 AM
I haven't been following this filibuster so I am a little confused as to what everyone is up in a tizzy about. To those who are so passionately against Obama's position, please clarify something for me...

Suppose you are a cop. You walk into a gas station and see a man telling the clerk to put all of the money in the bag or he will take out his gun and shoot him. The clerk tells the man to go screw himself. The man responds by saying "that's it", takes out his gun, and points at the man as if he is about to pull the trigger. The question is: Do you shoot the man to prevent him from committing murder, or do you wait for him to kill the clerk before you take action?

I assume you would shoot the man to prevent him from committing murder. If so, then how is Obama's position with regards to terrorists any different?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 8:10:14 AM
At 3/7/2013 3:15:21 AM, Double_R wrote:
I haven't been following this filibuster so I am a little confused as to what everyone is up in a tizzy about. To those who are so passionately against Obama's position, please clarify something for me...

Suppose you are a cop. You walk into a gas station and see a man telling the clerk to put all of the money in the bag or he will take out his gun and shoot him. The clerk tells the man to go screw himself. The man responds by saying "that's it", takes out his gun, and points at the man as if he is about to pull the trigger. The question is: Do you shoot the man to prevent him from committing murder, or do you wait for him to kill the clerk before you take action?

I assume you would shoot the man to prevent him from committing murder. If so, then how is Obama's position with regards to terrorists any different?

I'm not sure I accept your analogy, but I have no problem with the use of drones to kill terrorists, those suspected of consorting with terrorists, those who aid terrorists or anyone who associates with terrorists in a way that harms the United States, its Allies or its interests -so long as the killing and dying takes place outside of US borders.

The use of drones for internal surveillance is another matter, and I've already been clear on that.

I think the real reason Rand Paul, with such bombast and vitriol, stood against Brennan's nomination is that his doing so puts him in the spotlight, and he thinks it will help build the political capital necessary to become a viable contender in 2016. This is hilarious, because Rand Paul is a loon, but not surprising. The man has ambition, and hurting the Obama administration is how he thinks he should up his game. He is, quite simply, a congressional troll for the time being, nevertheless.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 10:03:34 AM
For those who don't understand the concern:

Rand Paul: "I can't understand the president's unwillingness to say, he's not going to kill noncombatants. Think about that. He's unwilling to say publicly that he's not going to kill noncombatants, because that's what we're talking about here.

I'm not talking about someone with a bazooka a grenade launcher on their shoulder. Anyone committing lethal force can be repelled with lethal force. No one argues that point. I'm talking about whether you can kill noncombatants, because many of the people being killed overseas are noncombatants .... We're talking about people eating in a cafe, at home, in a restaurant.
Alarm bells should go off when people tell you that the battlefield's in America. Why? Because when the battlefield's in America, we don't have due process. What they're talking about is they want the laws of war."
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 10:20:53 AM

Should have listened to some of it. What you described is an imminent threat, which can always be met with lethal force. The question at hand is if the president can assassinate Americans in america who don't pose an imminent threat. Paul wants to hear a simple no from the white house but can't get one.

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 10:30:58 AM
At 3/7/2013 2:43:51 AM, FREEDO wrote:
This is pretty awesome.

BLADDER OF STEEL
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:02:02 PM
At 3/7/2013 10:20:53 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Should have listened to some of it. What you described is an imminent threat, which can always be met with lethal force. The question at hand is if the president can assassinate Americans in america who don't pose an imminent threat. Paul wants to hear a simple no from the white house but can't get one.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com...

Ready to talk about the real issues now?

Or should we rule out using nuclear weapons on American soil first?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:30:06 PM
Wnope, you are clueless. Eric Holder is the guy who said he wanted to literally "brainwash" the American public. He gave assault weapons to Mexican drug cartels and begged the courts not to hear a case on Fast and Furious.

National Defense Authorization Act declares the United States to be a battlefield with no due process of law. In other battlefields, in the Middle East, Obama is drone bombing non-combatants at weddings.

Rand Paul is addressing something real. You fail to acknowledge the 30,000 drones coming to U.S. skies, you fail to acknowledge the Washington Times article yesterday saying drones will be used to hunt down gun owners according to the DHS.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:37:08 PM
Really? The govt. needs pushbutton tactical weapons to kill non-combatants.... Like I need my tonsils re-inserted. This is a really silly position for the Executive branch to push. Why not just use personal covert assassinations like a traditional dictator? This neo-dictatorship really is over the top. Public executions are way easier to post on you-tube, drones are hard to catch on film.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Bull_Diesel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 8:27:53 PM
At 3/6/2013 9:32:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/6/2013 9:31:10 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ted Cruz just affirmed that Paul cannot sit or even go to the restroom, makes it that much more impressive.

O.O

DAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMM.

The record for a filibuster is something like 24-25 hours, for the civil rights act. Wonder if he can hold out long enough...

i'm just reading this thread, but I'm pretty sure Strom Thurmond holds the record and it was like more than a Day.. I could have made that up but it sounds right
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 8:30:29 PM
At 3/7/2013 8:27:53 PM, Bull_Diesel wrote:
At 3/6/2013 9:32:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/6/2013 9:31:10 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ted Cruz just affirmed that Paul cannot sit or even go to the restroom, makes it that much more impressive.

O.O

DAAAAYYYYUUUUUMMMM.

The record for a filibuster is something like 24-25 hours, for the civil rights act. Wonder if he can hold out long enough...

i'm just reading this thread, but I'm pretty sure Strom Thurmond holds the record and it was like more than a Day.. I could have made that up but it sounds right

Rand now holds the record for longest non-stop talking and doubled the old record.

Rand is creeping up on the record for longest filibuster in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 8:30:31 PM
At 3/7/2013 10:30:58 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 3/7/2013 2:43:51 AM, FREEDO wrote:
This is pretty awesome.

BLADDER OF STEEL

I doubt he was dumb enough to drink before he went in.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.