Dumbness

ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 5:35:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/30/2013 5:34:25 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Good result. Ask CarefulNow, he's another smart dude like me.

What do you think makes someone intelligent or 'smart'? The first point is up for contention at any rate.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 5:43:44 PM
I agree with ConservativeAmerican here. If you just believe you are smart without questioning yourself now and then, you're probably dumber than you think.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 10:22:11 AM
At 9/30/2013 5:47:48 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Ah sh*t.

http://www.youtube.com...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 3:36:50 PM
At 9/30/2013 3:11:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
The problem of dumbness is not that people are dumb, but that they insist upon being dumb. This is of the ego, something which wouldn't exist were we not in competition with each other.

No competition = no dumbness.

Think about it.

If there are no stupid people we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 3:37:09 PM
At 9/30/2013 3:11:28 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Don't hurt yourself, though.

I'll try not to.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:28:24 AM
At 9/30/2013 4:58:59 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
In other words, if you doubt yourself you're dumb.

I have a stick in each hand. I perceive this as 3 sticks.
I say "look mum I have 3 sticks".
Mum replies "no dear, you have 2 sticks".
I say "no mum, this is 3 sticks".
Mum says "okay dear, no need to doubt yourself. I wouldn't want you to be dumb."
coolguy64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 11:08:05 AM
dumness is not a problem its just people that have brains and dont use them have some sence people i mean i have a brain i use it and still have my dumb moments every on has there dumb moments and people need to know that dumness isent real it shouldent be a word it doesent make any sence like really people are smart they just dont show it they act dumb so they look cool but it doesent work because u keep it up and in twenty years were are u still in the highschool
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:49:19 PM
At 10/4/2013 11:08:05 AM, coolguy64 wrote:
dumness is not a problem its just people that have brains and dont use them have some sence people i mean i have a brain i use it and still have my dumb moments every on has there dumb moments and people need to know that dumness isent real it shouldent be a word it doesent make any sence like really people are smart they just dont show it they act dumb so they look cool but it doesent work because u keep it up and in twenty years were are u still in the highschool

Look, no offense, but before you comment on dumbness, you should probably look up how to spell it.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 1:19:00 PM
At 10/4/2013 9:49:19 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

Look, no offense, but before you comment on dumbness, you should probably look up how to spell it.

And learn how to use punctuation too.
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

12/14/14 to 1/1/15 = VP of DDO
8/4/18 to 8/6/18 = Start of the Worst Spam Attack in DDO History (61 Hours, 21 Minutes, and 37 seconds... Estimated 63,175 Spam Posts during the main attack)

Be Today's Hero and Tomorrow's Hero
The trash from yesterday will still be trash from every day onwards
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 3:13:07 PM
At 10/9/2013 1:19:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/4/2013 9:49:19 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

And learn how to use punctuation too.

I'm pretty sure he was writing about himself, but I can't be sure.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.