Total Posts:88|Showing Posts:61-88|Last Page
Jump to topic:

UK Should Leave

bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:56:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/23/2016 4:46:44 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:40:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:31:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 1:47:55 PM, YYW wrote:
If I was voting today, I would vote to leave.

I have made my position clear on this one, that I am against leaving. Since I really don't want to go and restate my arguments again, I will just post a few videos to give my reasons.
First Reason: Do you really want these people to be in charge of the UK?

Lol, we all know how great the alternatives to democracy are. Workers fare so well under autocratic states, and I'm sure that the unelected European Commission (where all of the real legislative power in the EU resides) will always keep the best interests of the little people in the forefront of their minds. After all, people are good by nature!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the general populace deserves to be brutally fvcked out of everything that their ancestors fought for, since they are so momentously stupid that they are begging for unelected, obscenely wealthy men to take their rights to political representation away.

That Segways really well into my next reason I am against Brexit. The EU is undemocratic, and I don't support the EU as it is, but in order to change the EU you need to be in the EU.
http://www.youtube.com...

Or you can not change the EU and just destroy it by leaving it altogether.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,513
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:58:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/23/2016 9:01:31 PM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:
At 6/23/2016 3:48:41 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/23/2016 3:42:03 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 6/23/2016 3:25:23 PM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:
At 6/23/2016 1:47:55 PM, YYW wrote:
If I was voting today, I would vote to leave.

The UK should stay. Leaving would create vast economic instability.

How?

He's fourteen, he's just parroting what he's heard.

I am not parroting what I heard. I have listened to both arguments on the leave and stay side and just recently endorsed the "stay" in the European Union. Top British Economists predict that with the UK leaving there would be a lack of immigration into the UK thus producing less jobs and less job opportunities. Many top UK departments have predicted a decrease in overall GDP. Also, if the UK leaves it will ruin a better connected Europe. If the UK leaves the whole EU will go down the drain. Trust me, there will be a stocks shock tomorrow morning if the UK leaves.

Of course there will be fluctuations tomorrow morning, that's how markets respond to uncertainty. And I like how you claim to not be parroting, and then parrot the party line. I mean, I'm not holding it against you, but let's get real: you don't have enough of a grasp of geopolitics or economics to come to an informed conclusion. You also don't know enough about UK politics to even begin to detect potential bias in things like departmental reports.

'It will ruin a better, connected Europe.' How? The EU will still exist. They will be able to make trade deals. Has Switzerland ruined this 'better, connected' Europe? Has Norway?
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:58:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/23/2016 5:01:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:52:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:46:44 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:40:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:31:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 1:47:55 PM, YYW wrote:
If I was voting today, I would vote to leave.

I have made my position clear on this one, that I am against leaving. Since I really don't want to go and restate my arguments again, I will just post a few videos to give my reasons.
First Reason: Do you really want these people to be in charge of the UK?

Lol, we all know how great the alternatives to democracy are. Workers fare so well under autocratic states, and I'm sure that the unelected European Commission (where all of the real legislative power in the EU resides) will always keep the best interests of the little people in the forefront of their minds. After all, people are good by nature!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the general populace deserves to be brutally fvcked out of everything that their ancestors fought for, since they are so momentously stupid that they are begging for unelected, obscenely wealthy men to take their rights to political representation away.

That Segways really well into my next reason I am against Brexit. The EU is undemocratic, and I don't support the EU as it is, but in order to change the EU you need to be in the EU.
http://www.youtube.com...

That's the stupidest logic ever..oh my. It's like telling a battered wife to stay married because that is how you will make things better, by changing HIM....I mean what in the holy hell...have all liberals gone full Stockholm Syndrome?

1) I'm not a liberal, I thought the quote I use as my signature made that perfectly clear.
2) I fail to see how an abusive relationship is an appropriate analogy, as that is where only 1 person is trying to change another person. I am talking about a mass movement of people across Europe to take on an institution of power (the European Commission)
3) You seem not to realize that there is a way to change things, and it's by building a grassroots movement to democratize the EU.
This site should explain
https://diem25.org...

Democratizing the EU would make it worse! Democracy is mob rule by the majority, and I always find that anytime someone vouches for the creation of Democracy in the strict sense ends up stating that when the majority rule, regardless of outcome, the minority suffer. Screw democracy and establish a Constitutional Republic.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TN05
Posts: 4,796
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:01:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.

He's shifted waaaay to the right. Or at least to populism. Really surprising given conversations I've had with him before.
We, homo sapiens of the planet Earth, are the people of Debate.org, an online debating website owned by Juggle, and will aspire to increase the quality of debates, polls, mafia on said website, to be sufficient, meeting high standards of success and satisfaction in all areas, to consider it as "great", or superb and spectacular, again for the first time in years
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 1:53:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:46:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:35:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:32:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:30:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:29:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have yet to see a single reasonable argument not to leave.

UK should be a colony too?

It essentially is a colony of the EU unless it does leave.

Well you wanted a reasonable argument...ill take pro.

Make your case.

point 1: UK has lived under the burden of having to convince the world that their culture promotes humanity and progress. Being a colony of the EU will relieve the UK from this onerous burden.

Not a real impact. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about the UK, nor should the UK.

point 2: UK has worldwide pressure to issue reparations to the world for their imperialistic history. Spending time as a client state of the EU will help relieve UK's societal debt to the world.

Simple response to the demand for reparations: get fvcked.

point 3: Many of the current inhabitants of the UK do not have the same culture, therefore the current parliamentary democracy is not feasible anymore for the UK, and some form of authoritarian fiat rule of the EU must be implemented to ensure societal order in the UK.

Simple response: deport them.

I await your rebuttals.

eh...you win.

I am serious about deporting them.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:04:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.

I am on the Left. Just because I'm a liberal does not mean I'm an internationalist, or a cosmopolitan idiot.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:04:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:53:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:46:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:35:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:32:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:30:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:29:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have yet to see a single reasonable argument not to leave.

UK should be a colony too?

It essentially is a colony of the EU unless it does leave.

Well you wanted a reasonable argument...ill take pro.

Make your case.

point 1: UK has lived under the burden of having to convince the world that their culture promotes humanity and progress. Being a colony of the EU will relieve the UK from this onerous burden.

Not a real impact. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about the UK, nor should the UK.

point 2: UK has worldwide pressure to issue reparations to the world for their imperialistic history. Spending time as a client state of the EU will help relieve UK's societal debt to the world.

Simple response to the demand for reparations: get fvcked.

point 3: Many of the current inhabitants of the UK do not have the same culture, therefore the current parliamentary democracy is not feasible anymore for the UK, and some form of authoritarian fiat rule of the EU must be implemented to ensure societal order in the UK.

Simple response: deport them.

I await your rebuttals.

eh...you win.

I am serious about deporting them.

I still don't understand how far right you've become.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:04:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:04:23 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.

I am on the Left. Just because I'm a liberal does not mean I'm an internationalist, or a cosmopolitan idiot.

At least we can agree there.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:05:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:01:32 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.

He's shifted waaaay to the right. Or at least to populism. Really surprising given conversations I've had with him before.

Good, considering I too am sick of people in the West agreeing with the destruction of their race, culture, and ways of living.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:05:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:04:24 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
I am serious about deporting them.

I still don't understand how far right you've become.

That's more about pragmatism than politics. I am tired of Muslim immigrants who refuse to assimilate.

They are welcome to be here as long as they live by our rules, our laws, and assimilate to our culture. Otherwise, they should be deported.
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:05:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:53:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:46:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:35:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:32:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:30:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:29:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have yet to see a single reasonable argument not to leave.

UK should be a colony too?

It essentially is a colony of the EU unless it does leave.

Well you wanted a reasonable argument...ill take pro.

Make your case.

point 1: UK has lived under the burden of having to convince the world that their culture promotes humanity and progress. Being a colony of the EU will relieve the UK from this onerous burden.

Not a real impact. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about the UK, nor should the UK.

point 2: UK has worldwide pressure to issue reparations to the world for their imperialistic history. Spending time as a client state of the EU will help relieve UK's societal debt to the world.

Simple response to the demand for reparations: get fvcked.

point 3: Many of the current inhabitants of the UK do not have the same culture, therefore the current parliamentary democracy is not feasible anymore for the UK, and some form of authoritarian fiat rule of the EU must be implemented to ensure societal order in the UK.

Simple response: deport them.

I await your rebuttals.

eh...you win.

I am serious about deporting them.

I know. You probably wont have to deport them if you just force them to comply with cultural law...like no sharia etc...they will leave the haven on their own.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:06:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:05:44 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:04:24 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
I am serious about deporting them.

I still don't understand how far right you've become.

That's more about pragmatism than politics. I am tired of Muslim immigrants who refuse to assimilate.

They are welcome to be here as long as they live by our rules, our laws, and assimilate to our culture. Otherwise, they should be deported.

Omg omg omg +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:07:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:05:47 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:53:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:46:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:35:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:32:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:30:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:29:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have yet to see a single reasonable argument not to leave.

UK should be a colony too?

It essentially is a colony of the EU unless it does leave.

Well you wanted a reasonable argument...ill take pro.

Make your case.

point 1: UK has lived under the burden of having to convince the world that their culture promotes humanity and progress. Being a colony of the EU will relieve the UK from this onerous burden.

Not a real impact. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about the UK, nor should the UK.

point 2: UK has worldwide pressure to issue reparations to the world for their imperialistic history. Spending time as a client state of the EU will help relieve UK's societal debt to the world.

Simple response to the demand for reparations: get fvcked.

point 3: Many of the current inhabitants of the UK do not have the same culture, therefore the current parliamentary democracy is not feasible anymore for the UK, and some form of authoritarian fiat rule of the EU must be implemented to ensure societal order in the UK.

Simple response: deport them.

I await your rebuttals.

eh...you win.

I am serious about deporting them.

I know. You probably wont have to deport them if you just force them to comply with cultural law...like no sharia etc...they will leave the haven on their own.

I doubt it. The West is vastly superior to any country in the Middle East. Everyone wants to live here.

I mean, the Chinese even make fraudulent knock off Western cities. Everyone wants to be like us.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:07:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:05:47 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:02:20 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:53:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:01 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:46:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:35:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:32:15 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:30:12 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:29:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM, YYW wrote:
I have yet to see a single reasonable argument not to leave.

UK should be a colony too?

It essentially is a colony of the EU unless it does leave.

Well you wanted a reasonable argument...ill take pro.

Make your case.

point 1: UK has lived under the burden of having to convince the world that their culture promotes humanity and progress. Being a colony of the EU will relieve the UK from this onerous burden.

Not a real impact. I don't care what the rest of the world thinks about the UK, nor should the UK.

point 2: UK has worldwide pressure to issue reparations to the world for their imperialistic history. Spending time as a client state of the EU will help relieve UK's societal debt to the world.

Simple response to the demand for reparations: get fvcked.

point 3: Many of the current inhabitants of the UK do not have the same culture, therefore the current parliamentary democracy is not feasible anymore for the UK, and some form of authoritarian fiat rule of the EU must be implemented to ensure societal order in the UK.

Simple response: deport them.

I await your rebuttals.

eh...you win.

I am serious about deporting them.

I know. You probably wont have to deport them if you just force them to comply with cultural law...like no sharia etc...they will leave the haven on their own.

Deportation takes too long. Off with their heads!
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:08:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:01:32 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:00:05 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
I'd like to see Britain leave, and Cameron replaced by Farage.

What are you becoming? I want that too, but I thought you were on the left.

He's shifted waaaay to the right. Or at least to populism. Really surprising given conversations I've had with him before.

I have not shifted. I just haven't had occasion to speak on these issues before.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:10:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
As I have said, I am still very liberal. But just because I am liberal does not mean I'm a progressive-cosmopolitan-internationalist idiot.

I am a realist, and a liberal.
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:15:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:10:13 AM, YYW wrote:
As I have said, I am still very liberal. But just because I am liberal does not mean I'm a progressive-cosmopolitan-internationalist idiot.

I am a realist, and a liberal.

Liberalism is not a suicide pact....
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:16:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:15:12 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 2:10:13 AM, YYW wrote:
As I have said, I am still very liberal. But just because I am liberal does not mean I'm a progressive-cosmopolitan-internationalist idiot.

I am a realist, and a liberal.

Liberalism is not a suicide pact....

It shouldn't be, but internationalists and cosmos are suicidally stupid.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:28:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 1:58:27 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 5:01:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:52:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:46:44 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:40:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:31:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 1:47:55 PM, YYW wrote:
If I was voting today, I would vote to leave.

I have made my position clear on this one, that I am against leaving. Since I really don't want to go and restate my arguments again, I will just post a few videos to give my reasons.
First Reason: Do you really want these people to be in charge of the UK?

Lol, we all know how great the alternatives to democracy are. Workers fare so well under autocratic states, and I'm sure that the unelected European Commission (where all of the real legislative power in the EU resides) will always keep the best interests of the little people in the forefront of their minds. After all, people are good by nature!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the general populace deserves to be brutally fvcked out of everything that their ancestors fought for, since they are so momentously stupid that they are begging for unelected, obscenely wealthy men to take their rights to political representation away.

That Segways really well into my next reason I am against Brexit. The EU is undemocratic, and I don't support the EU as it is, but in order to change the EU you need to be in the EU.
http://www.youtube.com...

That's the stupidest logic ever..oh my. It's like telling a battered wife to stay married because that is how you will make things better, by changing HIM....I mean what in the holy hell...have all liberals gone full Stockholm Syndrome?

1) I'm not a liberal, I thought the quote I use as my signature made that perfectly clear.
2) I fail to see how an abusive relationship is an appropriate analogy, as that is where only 1 person is trying to change another person. I am talking about a mass movement of people across Europe to take on an institution of power (the European Commission)
3) You seem not to realize that there is a way to change things, and it's by building a grassroots movement to democratize the EU.
This site should explain
https://diem25.org...

Democratizing the EU would make it worse! Democracy is mob rule by the majority, and I always find that anytime someone vouches for the creation of Democracy in the strict sense ends up stating that when the majority rule, regardless of outcome, the minority suffer. Screw democracy and establish a Constitutional Republic.

SMH. You do realize a republic is a form of Representative Democracy, right? Hints the Term DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 3:48:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 2:28:20 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:58:27 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 5:01:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:52:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:46:44 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:40:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/23/2016 4:31:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 1:47:55 PM, YYW wrote:
If I was voting today, I would vote to leave.

I have made my position clear on this one, that I am against leaving. Since I really don't want to go and restate my arguments again, I will just post a few videos to give my reasons.
First Reason: Do you really want these people to be in charge of the UK?

Lol, we all know how great the alternatives to democracy are. Workers fare so well under autocratic states, and I'm sure that the unelected European Commission (where all of the real legislative power in the EU resides) will always keep the best interests of the little people in the forefront of their minds. After all, people are good by nature!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that the general populace deserves to be brutally fvcked out of everything that their ancestors fought for, since they are so momentously stupid that they are begging for unelected, obscenely wealthy men to take their rights to political representation away.

That Segways really well into my next reason I am against Brexit. The EU is undemocratic, and I don't support the EU as it is, but in order to change the EU you need to be in the EU.
http://www.youtube.com...

That's the stupidest logic ever..oh my. It's like telling a battered wife to stay married because that is how you will make things better, by changing HIM....I mean what in the holy hell...have all liberals gone full Stockholm Syndrome?

1) I'm not a liberal, I thought the quote I use as my signature made that perfectly clear.
2) I fail to see how an abusive relationship is an appropriate analogy, as that is where only 1 person is trying to change another person. I am talking about a mass movement of people across Europe to take on an institution of power (the European Commission)
3) You seem not to realize that there is a way to change things, and it's by building a grassroots movement to democratize the EU.
This site should explain
https://diem25.org...

Democratizing the EU would make it worse! Democracy is mob rule by the majority, and I always find that anytime someone vouches for the creation of Democracy in the strict sense ends up stating that when the majority rule, regardless of outcome, the minority suffer. Screw democracy and establish a Constitutional Republic.


SMH. You do realize a republic is a form of Representative Democracy, right? Hints the Term DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC

Constitutional Republics are always better than a Democracy. All nations with voting should have heavy voting restrictions, especially for the uneducated, poor, and young.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TheDom275
Posts: 36
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 8:11:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/23/2016 6:56:55 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I'd do the same as well. Shame i'm still a dirty 17 year old.

What filthy plebs we are, unable to drive, drink or smoke. If only we were mature enough that we were allowed to affect this large-scale change in our country which will undoubtedly deeply affect us as a group and perhaps drastically change the future we have, but what a shame, we're still 9 months too young to do such a thing. Being 17 is truly a dirty, soul-wrenching experience.

I mean fair enough, the country voted leave, but we're the ones that this is gonna fvck over if anyone.
foxxhajti
Posts: 678
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:57:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 8:11:41 AM, TheDom275 wrote:
At 6/23/2016 6:56:55 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I'd do the same as well. Shame i'm still a dirty 17 year old.

What filthy plebs we are, unable to drive, drink or smoke. If only we were mature enough that we were allowed to affect this large-scale change in our country which will undoubtedly deeply affect us as a group and perhaps drastically change the future we have, but what a shame, we're still 9 months too young to do such a thing. Being 17 is truly a dirty, soul-wrenching experience.


I mean fair enough, the country voted leave, but we're the ones that this is gonna fvck over if anyone.

I feel sorry for you. Most young people wanted to remain and most of the older demographics wanted to leave. They got it their way and they won't even live to see the repercussions they have caused. I'm 17 as well, and my country would probably finish up leaving the EU as well, knowing how most of the population is old here, close-minded and hates the EU. Not to mention most of them even have received a poor education.
Unfortunately, your older demographic might have wrecked your country.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
tejretics
Posts: 6,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:01:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Haven't seen any compelling arguments for Brexit, and I suspect it will turn Britain into (even more of) a junior partner of the US. If I were voting, I'd vote to stay in. But without enthusiasm." -Noam Chomsky
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.
Sam7411
Posts: 962
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:55:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wonder about the benefits of leaving the EU when the British Treasury, The Bank of England, the IMF, the OECD, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, PWC, Oxford Economics, and the Centre for Economic Performance have all released reports saying that leaving the EU would be detrimental to Britain
foxxhajti
Posts: 678
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:02:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 12:55:07 PM, Sam7411 wrote:
I wonder about the benefits of leaving the EU when the British Treasury, The Bank of England, the IMF, the OECD, the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, PWC, Oxford Economics, and the Centre for Economic Performance have all released reports saying that leaving the EU would be detrimental to Britain

Honestly, no benefits whatsoever. Most people on this website saying that the UK did well in leaving the EU are Americans who probably never have either experienced the EU themselves, nor do they even know at least 5 countries in it. It's a shame the Brits who wanted to remain will have to face consequences because of a bunch of uneducated, ignorant people who voted leave.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Harikrish
Posts: 24,064
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:46:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was right when I said in post#3 UK should leave the EU.

Reposted from post#3.

"UK should leave. They don't make anything they can sell to the EU. They can get what they need from China. The monarchy is not recognized by the EU nor is English adopted by the EU. The Brits are terrible with other languages and what they borrowed corrupted their own by making it too sophisticated for the average Brit to master.
The only shame is conceding the Germans conquered Europe."
YYW
Posts: 44,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:54:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/24/2016 11:01:46 AM, tejretics wrote:
"Haven't seen any compelling arguments for Brexit, and I suspect it will turn Britain into (even more of) a junior partner of the US. If I were voting, I'd vote to stay in. But without enthusiasm." -Noam Chomsky

The argument to leave begins with immigration and ends with trade.

Immigration laws have uniquely strained British social welfare programs at Britons' expense in favor of Middle Eastern immigrants who, more or less, have become the single greatest social and cultural stress factor on Britain, generally. Preventing further immigration is the first, most critical reason to leave.

Trade is the second reason. The UK has been the beneficiary of considerably favorable intra-EU trade arrangements since the UK joined the EU, but that has come at the expense of trade with every other country because the UK has not been able to independently negotiate trade alliances with countries outside of the EU. That's meant that whatever terms were best for Europe is what the UK was stuck with, regardless of their individual impact on the UK. Leaving changes that. Leaving means that it will be likely somewhat more expensive to do business with Europe, but cheaper with the rest of the world.

Chomsky, who is an ardent opponent of NAFTA and the TPP, should likewise be opposed to the EU. The UK is not, to the EU what Quebec is to Canada. He made the same argument with respect to Quebec separatism. Unlike Quebec, the UK is the financial capital of the world. Unlike Quebec, the UK has a vibrant post-industrial economy based primarily on banking and services. Unlike Quebec, the UK is a UN security council permanent member. Essentially, Chomsky is 100% wrong.