Jump to topic:

Why Jesus is not God

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2018 9:47:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If Jesus was God, he would not have tolerated being mocked, beaten and ridiculed. Scriptures describe God as supreme power and quick to anger.
The might of God was demonstrated in the Bible.
1. God created the world in 6 days
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt
4. Genocide of the Canaanites, Ammonites, Moabites, and ...

But we know the Jews rejected Jesus and the Romans crucified him. That would be impossible if Jesus was God.
If Jesus was God and passed through earth. Why is the world the same as before, full of death, diseases and evil?

The miracles of Jesus did not impress the people of his time.
John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Jesus was ugly too.
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Jesus never said he was God at his trial. No one would have dared to kill him if he dud because both the Jews and Romans were God fearing people. Instead he said God was not of this world.
John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Jesus was confused before his death.
Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

jesus was clueless most of his life.

Matthew 24:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Matthew 24:36 But about that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

On the cross Jesus blamed God for his failures.
Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
TheMorningsStar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2018 10:35:26 PM
At 4/7/2018 9:47:35 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You assume that the real Jesus was as the "modern" Christians believe instead of being more like the Gnostics/Marcionites believed, something I am entirely unconvinced about
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2018 11:28:56 PM
If Jesus was God, he would not have tolerated being mocked, beaten and ridiculed. Scriptures describe God as supreme power and quick to anger.
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

But we know the Jews rejected Jesus and the Romans crucified him. That would be impossible if Jesus was God.
If Jesus was God and passed through earth. Why is the world the same as before, full of death, diseases and evil?

John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Jesus was ugly too.
Isaiah 53:3 He was despised and rejected by mankind, a man of suffering, and familiar with pain. Like one from whom people hide their faces he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

Jesus never said he was God at his trial. No one would have dared to kill him if he dud because both the Jews and Romans were God fearing people. Instead he said God was not of this world.
John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Matthew 24:3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

Matthew 24:36 But about that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

everything was created through Jesus, so if Jesus is not God, God did not create everything...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2018 11:56:52 PM
At 4/7/2018 10:35:26 PM, TheMorningsStar wrote:

You assume that the real Jesus was as the "modern" Christians believe instead of being more like the Gnostics/Marcionites believed, something I am entirely unconvinced about

Jesus's Jewish roots are too strong to convince anyone had was a pagan God.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 12:07:37 AM
At 4/7/2018 11:28:56 PM, graceofgod wrote:
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

Jesus was ugly too.

everything was created through Jesus, so if Jesus is not God, God did not create everything...

The scriptures are clear Jesus is a product of divine conception.
Luke 1:35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

But that might not be the only explanation.
Luke 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,

The important thing to remember is the people of his time were not impressed with his miracles and rejected him.

TheMorningsStar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 12:12:19 AM
At 4/7/2018 11:56:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/7/2018 10:35:26 PM, TheMorningsStar wrote:

Jesus's Jewish roots are too strong to convince anyone had was a pagan God.

Um... Do you even understand the point I made? I'm thinking you don't...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 8:16:02 AM
At 4/8/2018 12:07:37 AM, Harikrish wrote:
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

Jesus was ugly too.

Luke 1:35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come to you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore, the holy child developing inside you will be called the Son of God.

Luke 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,

The important thing to remember is the people of his time were not impressed with his miracles and rejected him.

what do you think Isaiah 7 vs 14.... hmmm God with us, i wonder what could mean...

john 1 vs 1, goodness what could that be saying...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 1:59:34 PM
At 4/8/2018 8:16:02 AM, graceofgod wrote:
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

Jesus was ugly too.

what do you think Isaiah 7 vs 14.... hmmm God with us, i wonder what could mean...

You are scripturally ignorant. Isaiah 7:14 was a sign that God would give to Ahaz.

Isaiah 7:10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, 11 "Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights."
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.[f]

But we know Ahaz never found the virgin mother or a child named Immanuel.

That is the most quoted verse in the Bible.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

But those are john's words. Those are not the words of Jesus.
Malachi the last prophet said God would send Elijah before the Messiah comes.
Malachi 4:5 See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day
of the LORD comes.

When John the baptist announced the coming of the messiah. The people assumed he was Elijah and asked him.

John 1:21 They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No." - Bible Hub

So there was no Elijah that was to come. John was not Elijah by his own admission.

John even began to doubt Jesus was the promised one.
Matthew 11:When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples 3 to ask him, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?"

Now the disciples started questioning Jesus.
Matthew 17:10 The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"

Jesus lied to them.
Matthew 17:12 But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands."

Matthew 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

But we know the people did not kill John the Baptist. It was King Herod who beheaded John at the request of his wife/daughter.

There was no Elijah, John was not Elijah. Malachi's prophecy was not fulfilled.

Harikrish biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 2:37:08 PM
At 4/8/2018 3:55:28 AM, NKJVPrewrather wrote:
Jesus is God, let's debate, please.

Christians quote verse from the Bible that suggests Jesus is God even though Jesus never said he was God.
1. John 10:30, "I and the Father are one."

There are those who declare that God the Father and Jesus Christ, are the same person. They contend that Jesus is merely a manifestation or development or role of the Father. The Bible, however, says that the Father and Jesus are distinct from each other. They are not the same person. There are several ways in which the Bible illustrates this truth.

1. The Father Sent The Son

Another distinction we have between the Father and the Son is that the Father is the sender and Jesus, the Son, is the one sent.

Jesus said that it was God the Father who sent Him into the world.

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work" (John 4:34).
He emphasized it again

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me (John 5:30).
Jesus made it clear the Father had set Him apart and sent Him into the world.

What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God's Son'? (John 10:36).
Jesus said that His words came from the Father.

For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it (John 12:49)
The Apostle Paul also testified that the Father sent the Son into the world:

But when the fulness of the time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law (Galatians 4:4).
2. The Father Testified To The Son

The Bible speaks of the Father testifying of the Son:

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another who bears witness of me, and I know that the witness which he witnesses of me is true . . . And the Father himself, who sent me, has testified of me (John 5:31,32,37).
In this passage, Jesus is speaking to the religious leaders. He says that He is not the only one who is testifying concerning Himself. Jesus mentions the testimony of John the Baptist and the testimony of God the Father. Jesus contrasts His testimony from that of the Father showing that they are two distinct persons. The Father provides additional testimony to the character of Jesus.

3. Jesus Prayed To The Father

The two divine persons-God the Father and God the Son-exist eternally and distinctly in an interpersonal relationship. For example, in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus did not pray to Himself, but to the Father. In Jesus' prayer to God the Father, the clear distinction is made between the two of them. He prayed.

I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in me through their word; that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. "The glory which you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one; I in them and you in me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that you sent me, and loved them, even as you have loved me (John 17:20-23).
4. There Was Mutual Knowledge And Love Between The Father And The Son

Scripture speaks of the mutual knowledge and love that God the Father and God the Son have for one another. Jesus said.

All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal him (Matthew 11:27).
Jesus also said.

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand (John 3:35).
5. Jesus Did The Father's Will

Jesus did the will of the Father not His own will.

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father?' "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative, but the Father abiding in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves (John 14:8-11).
Jesus did not say He was the Father but rather He was the one who perfectly represented the Father. However Jesus testified that God the Father was with Him in a mystical way.

6. No One Can Get To God The Father Except Through Jesus The Son

Jesus told people to believe in Him.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me (John 14:1).
The Bible also makes it clear that one cannot know God the Father apart from Jesus

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; from now on you know him, and have seen him" (John 14:6).
Paul wrote.

For there is one God; there is also one mediator between God and humankind, Christ Jesus, himself human (1 Timothy 2:5).
Summary
It is the teaching of Scripture that God the Father is a distinct person from Jesus Christ, God the Son. This is demonstrated in a number of ways. The Father sent Jesus the Son to earth. The Father also gave a testimony to the Son. We find that Jesus, the Son, prayed to the Father There is also mutual love and knowledge between God the Father and Jesus the Son. Jesus, the Son, always did the Father's will not His own will. One cannot know God the Father without knowledge of Jesus the Son. These truths make it clear that the Father and Son are two distinct Persons.

2. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am."
According to the Bible there were many before Abraham. Adam to Noah.

3. John 10:33 33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."
The people were not impressed with Jesus's miracles and found him to be a blasphemous liar and a lunatic.

4. John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

That is John speaking about Jesus. Those are not the words of Jesus. Many things were said about Jesus like he was a madman, demon possessed.
Mark 3:21 When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, "He is out of his mind."

John 10:20 Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?" - ...

We know the people rejected Jesus and the Romans crucified him. This would not have happened if Jesus was God. No one would have dared to mock, beat, ridicule and crucify God who is the supreme power.
The people of Jesus's time knew the power of God.
1. God sent the plagues to Egypt.
2. God destroyed the world with a flood.
3. God destroyed the Canaanites, Ammonites and Moabites.

Jesus on the cross even blamed God for his failures.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 5:05:20 PM
At 4/8/2018 1:59:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

Jesus was ugly too.

You are scripturally ignorant. Isaiah 7:14 was a sign that God would give to Ahaz.

Isaiah 7:10 Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, 11 "Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights."
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.[f]

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Malachi 4:5 See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day
of the LORD comes.

When John the baptist announced the coming of the messiah. The people assumed he was Elijah and asked him.

John 1:21 They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No." - Bible Hub

So there was no Elijah that was to come. John was not Elijah by his own admission.

Matthew 11:When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples 3 to ask him, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?"

Matthew 17:10 The disciples asked him, "Why then do the teachers of the law say that Elijah must come first?"

Jesus lied to them.
Matthew 17:12 But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands."

Matthew 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them about John the Baptist.

But we know the people did not kill John the Baptist. It was King Herod who beheaded John at the request of his wife/daughter.

you are ignorant it clearly means God with us, who else has come..lol sorry it does not fit your delusions ...

they are god's word and God said who and what the word was and it is and was God..
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 7:35:17 PM
If Jesus was God,

Bible doesn"t claim Jesus is the one and only true God.

he would not have tolerated being mocked, beaten and ridiculed.

If that would be true, you would die instantly right now.

God raised Jesus on third day. So, I think people really failed in their evil plan to destroy truth and love.

And Jesus never claimed to be God.

Jesus was ugly too.

That is not saying Jesus was ugly.

"both the Jews and Romans were God fearing people.

D

Instead he said God was not of this world.

You seem to have serious problems in understanding what you read. That doesn"t say God is not of this world.

It is interesting how you continue to make baseless claims. Why do you hate Jesus? Are you ugly?

That is not same as blaming for failures.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 7:54:09 PM
At 4/8/2018 5:05:20 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/8/2018 1:59:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:
2. Noah's flood
3. The plagues of Egypt

Jesus was ugly too.

of the LORD comes.

Jesus lied to them.

you are ignorant it clearly means God with us, who else has come..lol sorry it does not fit your delusions ...

Immanuel means God is with yes. But Mary did not name her child Immanuel.

they are god's word and God said who and what the word was and it is and was God..
A lot of things were said about Jesus. But Jesus himself was incoherent and spoke mainly in parables that no one understood.
Jesus taught His disciples for three and one half years. They heard Him preach and teach hundreds of times, yet they did not understand.

"Then He took unto Him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold we go up to Jerusalem, and ALL THINGS that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. . . and they understood NONE of these things: and this saying was HID from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34

The disciples understood NOTHING concerning the life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus.

Jesus said a time would come when he would no longer speak figuratively. But that time never came. He was crucified shortly after.
John 16:25 "Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Everything Christian know from Jesus is only figurative because Jesus only spoke figuratively.

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2018 8:29:31 PM
At 4/8/2018 7:35:17 PM, 12_13 wrote:
If Jesus was God,

Jesus never said he was God.

We knows jesus died shortly after being crucified.

God raised Jesus on third day. So, I think people really failed in their evil plan to destroy truth and love.

Hindus believe in reincarnation. Jesus's resurrection is not very unique.

Resurrection:
Bible Characters Raised from the Dead

Easter is the Christian holiday that celebrates the Resurrection, the day that Jesus was raised from the dead. Many people have heard the story about how Jesus died and rose again. However, many people do not know that the Bible tells about several other people who were raised from the dead. A list of them follows.

Widow of Zarephath's son

(I Ki 17:17-24) raised by Elijah
Elijah was a great prophet. He was sent by God to the widow of Zarephath. Elijah told the widow, who was running out of flour and oil, that God would provide for her and her son. God miraculously replenished the flour and oil in her containers so she could provide for herself, her son and Elijah. But then her son got sick and died. Elijah went up to the boy's room in the loft. He laid himself over the boy's body three times and then prayed that God would allow the boy's soul to come back into him. The boy was raised from the dead.

Shunamite's son

(II Ki 4:20-37) raised by Elisha
Elisha stayed in Shunem with a woman and her husband whenever he passed through their town. In fact, the couple built an extra room in their house for Elisha to use. Elisha wanted to give the woman something for her hospitality. He promised she would have a son in a year's time. She did have a son, but when the son was boy he was harvesting with his father. He got a terrible headache so the dad sent him home. The mother held the boy in her arms, but he died. The woman put the boy on Elisha's bed and went to get Elisha. When Elisha arrived he prayed, he laid himself over the boy's body, and he paced back and forth in the house. The boy came back to life.

Man tossed into Elisha's tomb

(II Ki 13:21) raised by God's Spirit
People were about to bury a man, but when they saw a band of raiders coming, they simply threw the dead man's body into Elisha's tomb. The Bible says when the corpse touched Elisha's bones that he revived.

Widow of Nain's son

(Lk 7:11-16) raised byJesus
Jesus stopped a funeral procession as they were carrying the casket to the cemetery. Jesus had compassion on the weeping mother. He told her to stop crying, and then he raised her son from the dead.

Synagogue ruler Jairus' 12-year-old daughter

(Mk 5:35-43) raised byJesus
Jairus asked Jesus to come heal his dying daughter. By the time Jesus arrived she had already died. Jesus sent the mourners out, but took the girls' parents and Peter, James and John into the room where the dead girl lay. He said, "Little girl, get up." She did.

Lazarus

(Jn 11:1-44) raised byJesus
Lazarus had been in the grave four days when Jesus approached his tomb. Jesus asked the people to take away the stone. Then Jesus called out, "Lazarus, come forth." Lazarus came out, still wrapped in the strips of cloth. People had to help him out of them.

Tabitha also known as Dorcas

(Acts 9:36-41) raised by Peter
Tabitha was a seamstress who did many good deeds. She got sick and died. Since Peter was in a nearby town they asked him to come. Peter had everyone leave the room where Tabitha lay. He knelt down and prayed and then he said to the body, "Tabitha, arise." She opened her eyes and then sat up.

Eutychus

(Acts 20:7-12) raised by Paul
Late one night Paul was speaking to a group of believers. A young man was sitting in the window listening. He fell asleep and fell from the third story to his death. Paul ran down, laid himself over the body and then embraced him. He told everyone the boy was OK, and he was.

Men raised upon Jesus' death

(Mt 27:51-53) raised by God
When Jesus died there was a violent earthquake and the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom. The Bible says tombs were opened and many bodies of saints arose from the dead. It says that after Jesus' resurrection they went into Jerusalem where many people witnessed their return to life.

Every time he tried the people threatened to stone him for blasphemy. Jesus had to hide and slip away. Very unusual behaviour fior a person claiming to be God.

Jesus was ugly too.

Learn to read you mutt. Jesus was ugly and despised.

D

You seem to have serious problems in understanding what you read. That doesn"t say God is not of this world.

Read the verse you mutt. Jesus was a carpenter's son. How could get have a kingdom somewhere else when he never held a job or sought full time employment. Remember Jesus was a liar and a lunatic.

It is interesting how you continue to make baseless claims. Why do you hate Jesus? Are you ugly?

I am Harikrish a biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
Check my FB link.
https://www.facebook.com...

forsake meaning, definition, what is forsake: to leave someone for ever, especially when they need you: .
Even the Pope declared Jesus was a failure.

The highest human official in the Catholic Church told parishioners at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York that Christ's human life ended in the failure of the cross.

Pope Francis said during his whirlwind U.S. tour. "And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus ... and His life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2018 6:03:27 PM
At 4/9/2018 9:33:08 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/8/2018 3:43:09 AM, Wizofoz wrote:
At 4/8/2018 3:02:23 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 4/8/2018 2:53:00 AM, Wizofoz wrote:
At 4/8/2018 1:52:15 AM, Gentorev wrote:

So you have given your life to Jesus have you? Now at last you can be reconciled to your father-in-law, who loves you so much.

Serious question, Gentorev, and i just want the info and won't challenge you or argue about it.

What do you claim as evidence for your belief that accepting Jesus is the way to salvation, both in a general (there is a god) to the more specific (Christianity, acceptance of Jesus as savior).

Who said that it is my belief that accepting Jesus, is the way to salvation?

I thought that was the implication of the above post- if you were being sarcastic, I apologize- I'm not in enough in everyone's beliefs here to know if you were being serious.

Well, it is not my belief that accepting Jesus, is the way to salvation, but I do believe that accepting the words of the Lord, who filled the man Jesus with his spirit, and who spoke to us through his servant Jesus is the way to salvation.

Deuteronomy 18: 18; YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, says to Moses; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will tell him what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command. He will speak in my name etc.

Peter confirms that Jesus was that man, when, concerning the man Jesus, he says in. Acts 3: 22; For Moses said; "The Lord your God will send you a prophet, just as he sent me, and he will be one of your own people, etc."

Did the people of his day believe that he was the Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The God of our ancestors? No, they did not, for on the day of his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, the people escorting him cried out, "Blessed is he, who comes in the name of the Lord." Verifying that they believed Jesus to be the one that God had promised that he would choose from among the Israelites, and send to the people to speak in his name.

John 14: 24; "And the word which you hear is not mine, but "THE" Fathers who sent me. Not "MY Father" but THE Father of us all: "Our Father who is in heaven."

John 5: 24; "Whoever hears my words, (Which were the Words of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that he commanded the man that he had chosen from among the people, to speak in his name) and believes in "HIM" who sent me, has eternal life.

Acts 3:19; "Repent then and turn to God, (Not to Jesus, but to God) so that He (God) will forgive your sins. If you do, times of spiritual strength will come from the Lord, and He will send Jesus, who is the Messiah that he has already CHOSEN for you." The man Jesus, was chosen and made both Lord and saviour by "Who I Am".

1st Timothy 1:1; "From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of "GOD OUR SAVIOUR" and Christ Jesus "OUR HOPE."

Acts 3:13; The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors has given divine glory to his servant Jesus.

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord which had descended upon him in the form of a dove? "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?"

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by "Who I Am," who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit. Because the man Jesus did not and could not raise himself from death.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.

Act 17: 31; For he (The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.) has fixed a day in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death.

I hope that reveals why I believe that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is my Saviour, while Jesus is my hope.

None of the verses in Acts, 1&2 Corinthians, 1 Timothy, Deuteronomy, you quoted were actually spoken by Jesus. They can be ignored because many things were said about Jesus, but Jesus himself spoke very little.

John 14: 24; "And the word which you hear is not mine, but "THE" Fathers who sent me. Not "MY Father" but THE Father of us all: "Our Father who is in heaven."
Here Jesus himself admits those are not his words. They too can be ignored.

John 5: 24; "Whoever hears my words, (Which were the Words of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, that he commanded the man that he had chosen from among the people, to speak in his name) and believes in "HIM" who sent me, has eternal life.

Jesus offered several ways ones could have eternal life.

1. One must eat him.
John 6:54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

2. One must love Jesus above family and life itself.
Matthew 10:34-39 " Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man"s foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me:and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it:and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. (also in Luke 12:14-53)

3. His followers must carry a cross and be crucified like Jesus to gain salvation.
Luke 9:23-27 (NASB) JESUS says" "If anyone wishes to COME AFTER ME, he must DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY and FOLLOW ME. For whoever wishes to SAVE HIS LIFE will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE for MY SAKE, he is the one who will SAVE IT. For what is a man PROFITED if he GAINS the WHOLE WORLD, and LOSES or FORFEITS himself? For whoever is ASHAMED of ME and MY WORDS, the SON OF MAN will be ASHAMED of him when He comes in HIS GLORY, and the GLORY of the FATHER & of the HOLY ANGELS."
Matthew 16:24-25 (NKJV) JESUS said to His Disciples""If anyone DESIRES to COME AFTER ME, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, and FOLLOW ME. For whoever DESIRES to SAVE HIS LIFE will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE for MY SAKE will FIND IT."
Mark 8:34-35 (NKJV) JESUS says" "Whoever to COME AFTER ME, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, and FOLLOW ME. For whoever DESIRES to SAVE HIS LIFE will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE for MY SAKE and the GOSPEL'S will SAVE IT."

Where is Jesus today, a housekeeper in his fathers mansion.
John 14:2 - My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?.

Where are his followers? Still in their graves waiting for Jesus to fetch them as he had promised 2000 years ago.
John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2018 8:54:14 PM
At 4/8/2018 8:29:31 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Resurrection is not same as incarnation.

Every time he tried the people threatened to stone him for blasphemy. Jesus had to hide and slip away. Very unusual behaviour fior a person claiming to be God.

Why do you lie?

Very funny. :D

forsake meaning, definition, what is forsake: to leave someone for ever, especially when they need you: .

If so, God didn"t forsake Jesus, because He raised Jesus from the death.

Pope Francis said during his whirlwind U.S. tour. "And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus ... and His life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

And Pope is just one man. If Pope thinks Jesus failed, why should we care, when Jesus clearly didn"t fail?
He did the job as it was meant to be done. And as a result, even we have opportunity to know the message Jesus was sent to declare.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2018 9:58:53 PM
At 4/9/2018 8:54:14 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/8/2018 8:29:31 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Resurrection is not same as incarnation.

I never said the two were the same. I gave you examples of biblical characters resurrected which prove Jesus's resurrection was not unique.

Resurrection:
Bible Characters Raised from the Dead

Easter is the Christian holiday that celebrates the Resurrection, the day that Jesus was raised from the dead. Many people have heard the story about how Jesus died and rose again. However, many people do not know that the Bible tells about several other people who were raised from the dead. A list of them follows.

Widow of Zarephath's son

(I Ki 17:17-24) raised by Elijah
Elijah was a great prophet. He was sent by God to the widow of Zarephath. Elijah told the widow, who was running out of flour and oil, that God would provide for her and her son. God miraculously replenished the flour and oil in her containers so she could provide for herself, her son and Elijah. But then her son got sick and died. Elijah went up to the boy's room in the loft. He laid himself over the boy's body three times and then prayed that God would allow the boy's soul to come back into him. The boy was raised from the dead.

Shunamite's son

(II Ki 4:20-37) raised by Elisha
Elisha stayed in Shunem with a woman and her husband whenever he passed through their town. In fact, the couple built an extra room in their house for Elisha to use. Elisha wanted to give the woman something for her hospitality. He promised she would have a son in a year's time. She did have a son, but when the son was boy he was harvesting with his father. He got a terrible headache so the dad sent him home. The mother held the boy in her arms, but he died. The woman put the boy on Elisha's bed and went to get Elisha. When Elisha arrived he prayed, he laid himself over the boy's body, and he paced back and forth in the house. The boy came back to life.

Man tossed into Elisha's tomb

(II Ki 13:21) raised by God's Spirit
People were about to bury a man, but when they saw a band of raiders coming, they simply threw the dead man's body into Elisha's tomb. The Bible says when the corpse touched Elisha's bones that he revived.

Widow of Nain's son

(Lk 7:11-16) raised byJesus
Jesus stopped a funeral procession as they were carrying the casket to the cemetery. Jesus had compassion on the weeping mother. He told her to stop crying, and then he raised her son from the dead.

Synagogue ruler Jairus' 12-year-old daughter

(Mk 5:35-43) raised byJesus
Jairus asked Jesus to come heal his dying daughter. By the time Jesus arrived she had already died. Jesus sent the mourners out, but took the girls' parents and Peter, James and John into the room where the dead girl lay. He said, "Little girl, get up." She did.

Lazarus

(Jn 11:1-44) raised byJesus
Lazarus had been in the grave four days when Jesus approached his tomb. Jesus asked the people to take away the stone. Then Jesus called out, "Lazarus, come forth." Lazarus came out, still wrapped in the strips of cloth. People had to help him out of them.

Tabitha also known as Dorcas

(Acts 9:36-41) raised by Peter
Tabitha was a seamstress who did many good deeds. She got sick and died. Since Peter was in a nearby town they asked him to come. Peter had everyone leave the room where Tabitha lay. He knelt down and prayed and then he said to the body, "Tabitha, arise." She opened her eyes and then sat up.

Eutychus

(Acts 20:7-12) raised by Paul
Late one night Paul was speaking to a group of believers. A young man was sitting in the window listening. He fell asleep and fell from the third story to his death. Paul ran down, laid himself over the body and then embraced him. He told everyone the boy was OK, and he was.

Men raised upon Jesus' death

(Mt 27:51-53) raised by God
When Jesus died there was a violent earthquake and the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom. The Bible says tombs were opened and many bodies of saints arose from the dead. It says that after Jesus' resurrection they went into Jerusalem where many people witnessed their return to life.

Why do you lie?

Read your bible you mutt.
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."
John 10:39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

The people were not impressed with Jesus's miracles and found him to be a blasphemous liar and a lunatic.

John 8:58 "Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Luke 4:All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.

Very funny. :D

What is funny is seeing how scripturally ignorant Christian are.

If so, God didn"t forsake Jesus, because He raised Jesus from the death.

Jesus was praying to be spared his suffering. But God ignore him and let Jesus die on the cross.
Luke 22:, 42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.[c]

And Pope is just one man. If Pope thinks Jesus failed, why should we care, when Jesus clearly didn"t fail?
He did the job as it was meant to be done. And as a result, even we have opportunity to know the message Jesus was sent to declare.
What you learn about Jesus is not supported by the Hebrew Bible.

Jesus said he was sent to save the Jews. But he failed the Jews the very people he was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

The Romans crucified Jesus then destroyed God's temple and holy city Jerusalem and displaced Judaism the religion that Jesus followed and replaced it with the Roman Catholic Church.

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:
Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

(1) Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies

Specifically, the Bible says he will:
Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world " on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2018 4:41:39 PM
At 4/9/2018 9:58:53 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I have done that and there is no scripture where Jesus is claiming to be God.

And I have made to them a covenant of peace, A covenant age-during it is with them, And I have placed them, and multiplied them, And placed My sanctuary in their midst--to the age. And My tabernacle hath been over them, And I have been to them for God, And they have been to Me for a people. And known have the nations that I Jehovah am sanctifying Israel, In My sanctuary being in their midst--to the age!'
Ezekiel 37:26-28

God made that covenant through Jesus. Jesus was the sanctuary.

Be not afraid, for I am with thee, From the east I bring in thy seed, And from the west I gather thee. I am saying to the north, `Give up,' And to the south, `Restrain not.' Bring in My sons from afar, And My daughters from the end of the earth.
Isaiah 43:5-6

They had to be scattered first, as it happened after Jesus rose from the death. If all has not yet happened, as it shouldn"t have, it is not a problem. Also, that is speaking of God and what He will do, it doesn"t speak about Messiah.

Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

This was not meant to happen yet. Also, why do you think Messiah is the same as God?

Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world " on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

And Jehovah hath become king over all the land, In that day there is one Jehovah, and His name one.

Zechariah 14:9

Jesus declared that universal knowledge so that even we can read it today. I think he could be called Jehovah. But Jehovah is not necessary the same as the one and only true God that was called Elohim in the Genesis.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2018 5:23:47 PM
At 4/10/2018 4:41:39 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/9/2018 9:58:53 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I have done that and there is no scripture where Jesus is claiming to be God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

And I have made to them a covenant of peace, A covenant age-during it is with them, And I have placed them, and multiplied them, And placed My sanctuary in their midst--to the age. And My tabernacle hath been over them, And I have been to them for God, And they have been to Me for a people. And known have the nations that I Jehovah am sanctifying Israel, In My sanctuary being in their midst--to the age!'
Ezekiel 37:26-28

God made that covenant through Jesus. Jesus was the sanctuary.

Ezekiel 37:26 I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever.
Jesus ministry lasted 3 years before he was crucified.

Today Jesus is a housekeeper living in his fathers house. No sanctuary, no everlasting covenant..
John 14:2 - My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

Be not afraid, for I am with thee, From the east I bring in thy seed, And from the west I gather thee. I am saying to the north, `Give up,' And to the south, `Restrain not.' Bring in My sons from afar, And My daughters from the end of the earth.
Isaiah 43:5-6

They had to be scattered first, as it happened after Jesus rose from the death. If all has not yet happened, as it shouldn"t have, it is not a problem. Also, that is speaking of God and what He will do, it doesn"t speak about Messiah.

This was not meant to happen yet. Also, why do you think Messiah is the same as God?

Jesus doesn't even meet the requirements of the promised Messiah, much less a God.

And Jehovah hath become king over all the land, In that day there is one Jehovah, and His name one.

Zechariah 14:9

Jesus declared that universal knowledge so that even we can read it today. I think he could be called Jehovah. But Jehovah is not necessary the same as the one and only true God that was called Elohim in the Genesis.

The name Jehovah is not found in the Hebrew Bible. The name Jehovah was invented by Tyndale in the 16th century.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2018 3:39:12 PM
At 4/10/2018 5:23:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
" there is no scripture where Jesus is claiming to be God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

That is not Jesus claiming to be the God.

It is still going, because for example he is my King.

The name Jehovah is not found in the Hebrew Bible. The name Jehovah was invented by Tyndale in the 16th century.

If Jehovah is not used in original text, what is the word in that place?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2018 4:36:51 PM
At 4/11/2018 3:39:12 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/10/2018 5:23:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
" there is no scripture where Jesus is claiming to be God.

That is not Jesus claiming to be the God.

That is the bible claiming Jesus was God who came in the flesh to dwell among us.
Jesus on several occasions tried to claim he was God but the people dismissed his claims as blasphemous.

Jesus makes the claim, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30). It was a bold statement"one His audience found quite audacious"and it reveals much about who Jesus is.

Five key observations can be made concerning this passage.

First, Jesus claimed to be one with God in the sense of being equal to Him. Jesus did not claim to be merely a messenger or prophet of God, but of equal power with God.

Second, His audience understood that Jesus was claiming equality with God the Father. In verse 31, "The Jews picked up stones again to stone him." Why? Blasphemy was a crime punishable by death according to the Jewish Law. When Jesus asked why they were planning to kill Him, they answered, "For blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God" (John 10:33). If Jesus had been lying or deceived, His statement would have been blasphemous. In fact, the only way His words were not blasphemy is if Jesus was telling the truth about His equality with God.

Third, Jesus referred to Himself as God"s Son and to God as His Father (John 10:36"37). He used Psalm 82:6 to show that the Messiah has the right to claim the title "Son of God."

Fourth, Jesus claimed that that Father sent Him: "the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world" (John 10:36). In this statement, Jesus claimed preexistence in the Father"s presence. No biblical prophet had ever made such a claim before; yet Jesus claimed to exist before Abraham (John 8:58).

Fifth, Jesus only stated that the Jews did not believe Him; He never said they misunderstood His claim to be God. John 10:38 notes, "Even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." Jesus was not correcting a misunderstanding. They understood what He said perfectly. He was correcting their willful rejection of Him.

Colossians 1:16"17 affirms Jesus" same teaching: "In him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." John 1:1 explicitly notes that Jesus was both with God in the beginning and was God.

It is still going, because for example he is my King.

How is he your king when he was killed for claiming to be the king of Jews? You are a JW. JW believes Jesus was a God. So Jesus is your God.

If Jehovah is not used in original text, what is the word in that place?
The name of God used in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton YHWH.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2018 5:24:01 PM
At 4/11/2018 4:36:51 PM, Harikrish wrote:
That is the bible claiming Jesus was God who came in the flesh to dwell among us.
Jesus on several occasions tried to claim he was God but the people dismissed his claims as blasphemous.

Bible claims Jesus is the temple of God.

Jesus makes the claim, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30). It was a bold statement"one His audience found quite audacious"and it reveals much about who Jesus is.

Jesus also says his disciples should be ne with God. It doesn"t mean that people are then God.

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

John 17:11
that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
John 17:21

Third, Jesus referred to Himself as God"s Son and to God as His Father (John 10:36"37). He used Psalm 82:6 to show that the Messiah has the right to claim the title "Son of God."

Many are called son of God, even in OT, it doesn"t make change to that there is only one true God as Jesus teaches.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

Fifth, Jesus only stated that the Jews did not believe Him; He never said they misunderstood His claim to be God. John 10:38 notes, "Even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." Jesus was not correcting a misunderstanding. They understood what He said perfectly. He was correcting their willful rejection of Him.

It is interesting how blind person can be. Jesus tells in that God dwells in him. That is directly saying he is not himself the one and only true God.

Colossians 1:16"17 affirms Jesus" same teaching: "In him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." John 1:1 explicitly notes that Jesus was both with God in the beginning and was God.

Through is the key word in that. God created through Jesus. Similarly, as God has spoken through Moses. It makes Jesus and Moses only God"s tools.

How is he your king when he was killed for claiming to be the king of Jews? You are a JW. JW believes Jesus was a God. So Jesus is your God.

I think I am a disciple of Jesus and I believe what the Bible and Jesus says. (And no, when I say "I am", it doesn"t mean I am saying "I am God").

Ok, and I think Jehovah means that same. But we can as well use word YHWH, if that is better for you. Even in that case, the argument remains that Genesis 1 tells how Elohim created, and in Genesis it is YHWH who forms things. It is possible that Jesus is YHWH and the one and only true God is really Elohim, not YHWH as the first parts of the Bible indicate.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2018 3:46:49 PM
At 4/12/2018 5:24:01 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/11/2018 4:36:51 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Bible claims Jesus is the temple of God.

Jesus claims his body is a temple. The holy temple that was destroyed in 70 AD was the house of God. You are scripturally ignorant.
John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

20 They replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

The house of God was the Hoyse that God requested David to build.
2 Samuel 7:5-7
"Go and say to My servant David, 'Thus says the LORD, "Are you the one who should build Me a house to dwell in? "For I have not dwelt in a house since the day I brought up the sons of Israel from Egypt, even to this day; but I have been moving about in a tent, even in a tabernacle. "Wherever I have gone with all the sons of Israel, did I speak a word with one of the tribes of Israel, which I commanded to shepherd My people Israel, saying, 'Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?'"'

Jesus also says his disciples should be ne with God. It doesn"t mean that people are then God.

I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them through your name which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are.

John 17:11
that they may all be one; even as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that you sent me.
John 17:21

Many are called son of God, even in OT, it doesn"t make change to that there is only one true God as Jesus teaches.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

It is interesting how blind person can be. Jesus tells in that God dwells in him. That is directly saying he is not himself the one and only true God.

Through is the key word in that. God created through Jesus. Similarly, as God has spoken through Moses. It makes Jesus and Moses only God"s tools.

I think I am a disciple of Jesus and I believe what the Bible and Jesus says. (And no, when I say "I am", it doesn"t mean I am saying "I am God").

Ok, and I think Jehovah means that same. But we can as well use word YHWH, if that is better for you. Even in that case, the argument remains that Genesis 1 tells how Elohim created, and in Genesis it is YHWH who forms things. It is possible that Jesus is YHWH and the one and only true God is really Elohim, not YHWH as the first parts of the Bible indicate.
You are ignorantly rambling away because you are scripturally ignorant.
You don't even know Jesus is not referred to as YHWH.
Jesus" is an Anglicized form of the Greek name Yesous found in the New Testament. Yesous represents the Hebrew Bible name Yeshua, which occurs as "Jeshua" in English Bibles (Ezra 2:2; Neh 7:7). In ...
Get an education, you mutt.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2018 3:20:28 PM
At 4/13/2018 3:46:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus claims his body is a temple.

Yes, Jesus says his body is a temple. Jesus also says that he speaks what God has commanded him to speak:

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.

John 7:16-17
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2018 4:11:17 PM
At 4/16/2018 3:20:28 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 4/13/2018 3:46:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Jesus claims his body is a temple.

Yes, Jesus says his body is a temple. Jesus also says that he speaks what God has commanded him to speak:

But we know Jesus's body was not a temple. The Romans descecrated his body by mocking beating, piercing his body which would have brought about the abomination of desolation. But nothing happened. The Romans went on to establish the Roman Catholic Church.

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. I know that his commandment is eternal life. The things therefore which I speak, even as the Father has said to me, so I speak."
John 12:49-50

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone desires to do his will, he will know about the teaching, whether it is from God, or if I am speaking from myself.

John 7:16-17

This proves Jesus was clueless. He spoke only what was put in his mouth. It also proves the real liar and lunatic behind Jesus was actually God.
Both God and Jesus were liars and lunatics.
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2018 7:26:16 AM
If Jesus was God,

Jesus was ugly too.

D

Judge for yourself.

THIS is hari.
https://free.facebook.com...

When I exposed him, he quickly made one of his other pages a "hari" page, complete with a fake pic. Do a Google image search and you will see where he stole the pic from.

He was shocked to learn that Americans would consider him "black".

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2018 2:05:46 PM
At 4/17/2018 7:26:16 AM, ethang5 wrote:
If Jesus was God,

Jesus was ugly too.

D

Judge for yourself.

THIS is hari.
https://free.facebook.com...

When I exposed him, he quickly made one of his other pages a "hari" page, complete with a fake pic. Do a Google image search and you will see where he stole the pic from.

He was shocked to learn that Americans would consider him "black".

Everyone knows you are a black negroid lying shithole.
My FB page was started March 2015.
https://www.facebook.com...

Blacks not welcome at Starbucks Philadelphia. Ghana Africa a likely destination for Philly blacks. Lol!

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.