Total Posts:228|Showing Posts:151-180|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What I respect about "True Atheists"

FREEDO
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.
Grand Poobah of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:15:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

that depends on what is "right-wing," what is "dominated," what is "proven," and what is "countless times".
signature
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:16:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 8:45:36 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/9/2012 7:52:27 PM, MouthWash wrote:
I can't tell if you're serious or if it's just that you can't stand the fact that other people may genuinely believe something you think is ridiculous.

Yes, my post was serious. I also can't stand people's stupidity - that's true too. I don't mind it so long as it doesn't negatively affect me, but it tends to do so.

Either way, the video you posted is irrational on so many levels it doesn't deserve a response. It is just another rehashed appeal to emotion by the New Atheist crowd. I can't stand people like you, who see not sociological trends but rather religion as a driving force behind all of the evil in the world.

I didn't watch the video. If it didn't deserve a response, why waste your time responding to it? You felt compelled to post just to reiterate that you "can't stand people like me," and I can assure you that the feeling is mutual. Thanks for your really educational post. I feel more enlightened after reading your response.

Yep, you didn't watch the video. I didn't watch this one either. Whoops! http://www.youtube.com...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:16:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
and that, then, depends on what is "what," and whether anything at all is comprehensible for that matter...
signature
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:17:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.

and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the first one or the only one to point that out to you. You've made threads about this issue before, and other people pointed out the same thing to you. So drop it. The site's active speaking population is truly heavily right-wing dominated.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Danielle
Posts: 26,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:22:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:16:33 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Yep, you didn't watch the video. I didn't watch this one either. Whoops! http://www.youtube.com...

The video I posted was so stupid that it didn't deserve a response... yet you responded to it. Twice. Including a response in which you had to go out of your way to find an allegedly equally dumb video, spending time in response to how unworthy my post was of your time. Cool story bro. Thanks for your reply.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:30:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:28:48 PM, badger wrote:
danielle... i love you...

Stop getting drunk so often. You'll hurt yourself
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:39:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:30:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:28:48 PM, badger wrote:
danielle... i love you...

Stop getting drunk so often. You'll hurt yourself

dude, i feel no pain when i'm drunk

you're just intellectually dishonest
signature
FREEDO
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:53:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.

Funny how you just assume that contention disproves my point without any facts behind it.

Lets take a look at the top 10 posters on DDO right now.

1. royalpaladin --------------- Count: 19,513 - Left Wing
2. Ragnar_Rahl --------------- Count: 18,248 - Right Wing
3. Danielle --------------------- Count: 18,131 - Left Wing
4. FREEDO --------------------- Count: 16,758 - Left Wing
5. Ore_Ele --------------------- Count: 16,215 - Left Wing
6. I-am-a-panda -------------- Count: 15,380 - Right Wing
7. lovelife ---------------------- Count: 14,629 - Left Wing
8. badger ---------------------- Count: 11,510 - Left Wing
9. mattrodstrom -------------- Count: 11,501 - Right Wing
10. Koopin --------------------- Count: 11,366 - Right Wing

That's 6 lefties to 4 righties. Total, they make up almost 1/5 of the posts on DDO.
Grand Poobah of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:04:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 10:03:58 PM, badger wrote:
please tell me there's a posting leaderboard...

Sorry, I had to actually search through profiles to make that.
Grand Poobah of DDO
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:07:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you add me, I can help tie it up. I can be right wing.

Guns! Money! Straights! Illegals! 'Merica! No Minimum Wage! God!
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:07:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 9:53:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.

Funny how you just assume that contention disproves my point without any facts behind it.

Lets take a look at the top 10 posters on DDO right now.

1. royalpaladin --------------- Count: 19,513 - Left Wing
2. Ragnar_Rahl --------------- Count: 18,248 - Right Wing
3. Danielle --------------------- Count: 18,131 - Left Wing
4. FREEDO --------------------- Count: 16,758 - Left Wing
5. Ore_Ele --------------------- Count: 16,215 - Left Wing
6. I-am-a-panda -------------- Count: 15,380 - Right Wing
7. lovelife ---------------------- Count: 14,629 - Left Wing
8. badger ---------------------- Count: 11,510 - Left Wing
9. mattrodstrom -------------- Count: 11,501 - Right Wing
10. Koopin --------------------- Count: 11,366 - Right Wing

That's 6 lefties to 4 righties. Total, they make up almost 1/5 of the posts on DDO.

You're really trying my patience,....Do you, like, legitimately not see what's wrong with your argument? Everytime your present evidence, it's statistics that don't accurately represent the body you're trying to refer to. Let's go to the politics section and take a look at who's posting lately.

20/25 of the topics started by rightwingers... (counting falconduler, who made 3 topics)

18/25 most last posts written by rightwingers...

Knock it off freedo. Rightwings do dominate the forums with actual rightwing material. Stop bringing up inapplicable evidence to make up a point that isn't valid.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:08:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
kk. i miss lovelife.

might you point out a left-wing contribution of your own, though? besides coming up so on the political compass...
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:10:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"i think we should all be mutualist" is a pretty damn shoddy contribution, btw. and just to mimic Kleptin really who was also a dummy in summing up as such. stupidly unrealistic. deal with today's world.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:12:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 10:07:16 PM, drafterman wrote:
If you add me, I can help tie it up. I can be right wing.

Guns! Money! Straights! Illegals! 'Merica! No Minimum Wage! God!

there you go.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:13:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 10:07:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:53:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.

Funny how you just assume that contention disproves my point without any facts behind it.

Lets take a look at the top 10 posters on DDO right now.

1. royalpaladin --------------- Count: 19,513 - Left Wing
2. Ragnar_Rahl --------------- Count: 18,248 - Right Wing
3. Danielle --------------------- Count: 18,131 - Left Wing
4. FREEDO --------------------- Count: 16,758 - Left Wing
5. Ore_Ele --------------------- Count: 16,215 - Left Wing
6. I-am-a-panda -------------- Count: 15,380 - Right Wing
7. lovelife ---------------------- Count: 14,629 - Left Wing
8. badger ---------------------- Count: 11,510 - Left Wing
9. mattrodstrom -------------- Count: 11,501 - Right Wing
10. Koopin --------------------- Count: 11,366 - Right Wing

That's 6 lefties to 4 righties. Total, they make up almost 1/5 of the posts on DDO.

You're really trying my patience,....Do you, like, legitimately not see what's wrong with your argument? Everytime your present evidence, it's statistics that don't accurately represent the body you're trying to refer to. Let's go to the politics section and take a look at who's posting lately.

20/25 of the topics started by rightwingers... (counting falconduler, who made 3 topics)

18/25 most last posts written by rightwingers...

Knock it off freedo. Rightwings do dominate the forums with actual rightwing material. Stop bringing up inapplicable evidence to make up a point that isn't valid.

though you're right in some regards, you're still intellectually dishonest.
signature
Danielle
Posts: 26,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:33:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
A better way to compare would be to think about the people who often comment on political subject matter. Panda might have more posts than other people, but I can't remember the last time he's posted in the forums. The same goes for lovelife whose political opinions were never really acknowledged anyway. Ore_Ele doesn't talk much about politics if I remember correctly (but I haven't been active in awhile). People who talk about politics pretty often include - off the top of my head - OMG, Cody, socialpinko, royal, 000ike, Ragnar, Roy, koopin, 16k, MouthWash, PL, innomen, charleslb, Geo, Microsuck, Rob, darkkermit, Freedo, wallstreetatheist, me... does that seem about right? Again, this was off the top of my head. It does seem from surface-level observation that the sight is right-wing dominated, about 3:1. I don't know what the "actual" statistics reveal. Keep in mind though that "dominated" includes not only declared support but vehement defense of particular ideological notions.

Ps. The fact that royal has 19+ thousand posts in 1 year, not including the times she's deactivated her account, is pretty intense lol...
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:35:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 10:07:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:53:17 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:16:17 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:12:23 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/9/2012 9:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think people on this site are right-wing because a site with "debate" in the name is more attractive to rightwingers than liberals. Liberals are spineless and passive, overcompromising, and avoid confrontation.


The site is not right-wing dominated. This has been proven countless times.

For the last time freedo, no it hasn't. Pretty much EVERYONE except you admits that this site's active population that speaks in the forums is rightwing dominated. Everytime you try to show that it isn't, you bring up the site statistics, and not actual active members....and then you bring up Ore_ele's political compass, but then forget that many of the people on the left don't actually even speak in the forums.

The site is right-wing dominated.

Funny how you just assume that contention disproves my point without any facts behind it.

Lets take a look at the top 10 posters on DDO right now.

1. royalpaladin --------------- Count: 19,513 - Left Wing
2. Ragnar_Rahl --------------- Count: 18,248 - Right Wing
3. Danielle --------------------- Count: 18,131 - Left Wing
4. FREEDO --------------------- Count: 16,758 - Left Wing
5. Ore_Ele --------------------- Count: 16,215 - Left Wing
6. I-am-a-panda -------------- Count: 15,380 - Right Wing
7. lovelife ---------------------- Count: 14,629 - Left Wing
8. badger ---------------------- Count: 11,510 - Left Wing
9. mattrodstrom -------------- Count: 11,501 - Right Wing
10. Koopin --------------------- Count: 11,366 - Right Wing

That's 6 lefties to 4 righties. Total, they make up almost 1/5 of the posts on DDO.

You're really trying my patience,....Do you, like, legitimately not see what's wrong with your argument? Everytime your present evidence, it's statistics that don't accurately represent the body you're trying to refer to. Let's go to the politics section and take a look at who's posting lately.

20/25 of the topics started by rightwingers... (counting falconduler, who made 3 topics)

18/25 most last posts written by rightwingers...

Knock it off freedo. Rightwings do dominate the forums with actual rightwing material. Stop bringing up inapplicable evidence to make up a point that isn't valid.

Why am I suddenly having flashbacks to debates about the success of Reagonomics?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:47:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/9/2012 10:07:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
You're really trying my patience,....Do you, like, legitimately not see what's wrong with your argument? Everytime your present evidence, it's statistics that don't accurately represent the body you're trying to refer to. Let's go to the politics section and take a look at who's posting lately.

20/25 of the topics started by rightwingers... (counting falconduler, who made 3 topics)

18/25 most last posts written by rightwingers...

Knock it off freedo. Rightwings do dominate the forums with actual rightwing material. Stop bringing up inapplicable evidence to make up a point that isn't valid.

The number of right-wing topics at the topic of the page doesn't show how much of a right-wing slant there is. It only shows that those threads may be more controversial or otherwise causes more discussion.

Lets take a look at the first ten people to reply to the top ten on the page.

Congressional Performance Down to 5%
1. Heineken - Right Wing
2. 000ike - Left Wing
3. socialpinko - Right Wing
4. darkkermit - Right Wing
5. Contra - Right Wing
6. johnnyboy54 - Right Wing
7. imabench - Left Wing
8. ax123man - Right Wing
9. GreyParrot - Right Wing
10. Khaos_Mage - Right Wing

Should politically ignorant people vote?
1. 000ike - Left Wing
2. imabench - Left Wing
3. Greyparrot - Right Wing
4. socialpinko- Right Wing
5. iamnotwhoiam - ?
6. OMGJustinBieber - Left Wing
7. Kinesis - Left Wing
8. Cody_Franklin - Right Wing
9. OberHerr - Right Wing
10. DetectableNinja - Right Wing

INto Africa may not be the answer.
1. Khaos_Mage - Right Wing
2. Wnope - Left Wing
3. 000ike - Left Wing
4. Koopin - Right Wing
5. socialpinko - Right Wing
6. Mr_Anon - Left Wing
7. imabench - Left Wing
8. Nidhogg - ?

Police and Military
1. Greyparrot - Right Wing
2. Darkkermit - Right Wing
3. Oberherr - Right Wing
4. Cody_Franklin - Right Wing
5. Mirza - Right Wing
6. YYW - Left Wing

Lord Monckton Speaks Truth, Evicted from U.N.
1. DenyEverything - Left Wing
2. GeoLaureate8 - Right Wing
3. Kinesis - Left Wing
4. FREEDO - Left Wing
5. OberHerr - Right Wing
6. socialpinko - Right Wing
7. innomen - Right Wing
8. Greyparrot -Right Wing
9. 000ike - Left Wing
10. Brain_crazy - Left Wing

Supreme Court is going to listen to SSM cases
1. emj32 - Left Wing
2. 16kadams - Right Wing
3. Wnope - Left Wing
4. darkkermit - Right Wing
5. drafterman - Left Wing
6. 000ike - Left Wing
7. Contra - Right Wing
8. Illegalcombatant - Left Wing
9. johnnyboy54 - Right Wing
10. ax123man- Right Wing

Americans Sign Petition to Repeal Free Speech
1. drafterman - Left Wing
2. GeoLaureate8 - Right Wing
3. Wnope - Left Wing
4. darkkermit - Right Wing
5. twocupcakes - Left Wing
6. socialpinko - Right Wing
7. FREEDO - Left Wing
8. R0b1Billion - Left Wing

Anarchism: Dumb or not?
1. Lasagna - Left Wing
2. darkkermit - Right Wing
3. FREEDO - Left Wing
4. ryan_thomas - ?
5. 000ike - Left Wing
6. CosmicAlfonzo - Left Wing
7. Cerebral_Narcissist - Right Wing
8. PARADIGM_L0ST - Right Wing
9. innomen - Right Wing
10. Mirza - Right Wing

Government Is Necessary To Do the Ineffecient
1. darkkermit - Right Wing
2. twocupcakes - Left Wing
3. GeoLaureate8 - Right Wing
4. YYW - Left Wing
5. Greyparrot - Right Wing
6. badger - Left Wing
7. FREEDO - Left Wing
8. Wallstreetatheist - Right Wing
9. Sidewalker - ?
10. Cody_Franklin - Right Wing

Confucius Utterly Destroys Modern Liberalism
1. Mr_Anon - Left Wing
2. OberHerr - Right Wing
3. 000ike - Left Wing
4. 16kadams - Right Wing
5. royalpaladin - Left Wing
6. Ragnar_Rahl - Right Wing
7. Contra - Right Wing
8. imabench - Left Wing
9. socialpinko - Right Wing
10. badger - Left Wing

Left score: 40
Right score: 49

Looks much more like a healthy back-n-forth than a domination to me.

I find your irritation with my facts to be mildly entertaining.
Grand Poobah of DDO

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.