Jump to topic:

Catholics and hypocrites

Pwner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 12:35:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The canonicity of the deuterocanonicals was always disputed, being rejected even by the man that tried Martin Luther for heresy himself: Cardinal Cajetan.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 11:43:54 PM
At 3/14/2013 12:19:26 PM, Pennington wrote:
At 3/14/2013 12:15:15 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Pennington your words.. Catholics feel free to educate us about why it is you do these actions, practices and what your doctrine really is.
I told you UP FRONT.. You need the Catholic Church and this is why!!!:
Scriptures never say this.

NOT PREACHING???... Could I have said.. "The Catholic Church saves" period!!!? NO!!:
The catholic church doesn't save, Jesus Christ does.
You can't baptize yourself!
Baptism saves!
3000 people were ADDED to the Body of Jesus by BAPTISM the first day of Pentecost! IF...
Pennington if you were IN Jesus' risen body then you would be saved!

You said.. educate us?!
I post scriptures..
40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Pennington Scriptures tell you "The CHURCH is Jesus' body", AND 3000 were "ADDED" to his body by BAPTISM!!!!

Pennington LOGIC ALONE tells you, if you are IN Jesus then; God would be your father! BAPTISM ADDS PEOPLE TO JESUS' BODY!

Scriptures tell you.. "Baptism MAKES DISCIPLES!"
Scriptures tell you .. "DISCIPLES are Jesus' brothers"!
LOGIC TELLS you if Jesus was your BROTHER then God would be your father!

IF God is your father then you are saved!
If you are in the risen>>RESURRECTED<< body of Jesus then you CAN'T DIE!

Baptism SAVES!
Catholic' tell you baptism saves!
CHRISTIANS have always taught BAPTISM SAVES!

The Letter of Barnabas is CHRISTIAN!!
The Letter said..
"Regarding [baptism], we have the evidence of Scripture that Israel would refuse to accept the washing which confers the remission of sins and would set up a substitution of their own instead [Ps. 1:3"6]. Observe there how he describes both the water and the cross in the same figure. His meaning is, "Blessed are those who go down into the water with their hopes set on the cross." Here he is saying that after we have stepped down into the water, burdened with sin and defilement, we come up out of it bearing fruit, with reverence in our hearts and the hope of Jesus in our souls" (Letter of Barnabas 11:1"10 [A.D. 74]).

Hermas is CHRISTIAN..
Hermas said..
""I have heard, sir," said I, "from some teacher, that there is no other repentance except that which took place when we went down into the water and obtained the remission of our former sins." He said to me, "You have heard rightly, for so it is"" (The Shepherd 4:3:1"2 [A.D. 80]).

Second Clement is CHRISTIAN!
Clement said..
"For, if we do the will of Christ, we shall find rest; but if otherwise, then nothing shall deliver us from eternal punishment, if we should disobey his commandments. . . . [W]ith what confidence shall we, if we keep not our baptism pure and undefiled, enter into the kingdom of God? Or who shall be our advocate, unless we be found having holy and righteous works?" (Second Clement6:7"9 [A.D. 150]).

Pennington CHRISTIANS teach Baptism saves, we have always TAUGHT Baptism saves! This is the difference between Catholic' and you... We believe the scriptures, we reject the teachings of men!

Men teach: Baptism does not save!

All are born children of Adam.. until you are baptized you remain a child of Adam>> Corrupted!
Pennington Catholics believe the scriptures, because that is what CHRISTIANS do!
Dogknox
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 1:59:21 AM
At 3/16/2013 11:43:54 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Pennington if you were IN Jesus' risen body then you would be saved!:
I am saved.

Pennington LOGIC ALONE tells you, if you are IN Jesus then; God would be your father! BAPTISM ADDS PEOPLE TO JESUS' BODY!:
I have been baptised and saved and not by the RCC. Logic alone says you do not a pope or RCC.

LOGIC TELLS you if Jesus was your BROTHER then God would be your father!:
Jesus is not my brother, he is my God.

Baptism SAVES!
CHRISTIANS have always taught BAPTISM SAVES!:
Not all Christians are Catholics.

Pennington CHRISTIANS teach Baptism saves, we have always TAUGHT Baptism saves! This is the difference between Catholic' and you... We believe the scriptures, we reject the teachings of men!:
So you are making claim that the RCC only teaches what the Bible says?

Men teach: Baptism does not save!:
Baptism doesn't save. Baptism cleanses. Your faith and confession saves and then baptism naturally comes.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 4:40:50 PM
At 3/17/2013 1:59:21 AM, Pennington wrote:

Pennington if you were IN Jesus' risen body then you would be saved!:
1) I am saved.

Pennington LOGIC ALONE tells you, if you are IN Jesus then; God would be your father! BAPTISM ADDS PEOPLE TO JESUS' BODY!:
2) I have been baptised and saved and not by the RCC. Logic alone says you do not a pope or RCC.

LOGIC TELLS you if Jesus was your BROTHER then God would be your father!:
3) Jesus is not my brother, he is my God.

Baptism SAVES!
CHRISTIANS have always taught BAPTISM SAVES!:
4) Not all Christians are Catholics.

Pennington CHRISTIANS teach Baptism saves, we have always TAUGHT Baptism saves! This is the difference between Catholic' and you... We believe the scriptures, we reject the teachings of men!:
5) So you are making claim that the RCC only teaches what the Bible says?

Men teach: Baptism does not save!:
6) Baptism doesn't save. Baptism cleanses. Your faith and confession saves and then baptism naturally comes.

1) You are saved? To be saved you MUST be in the body of Jesus!
God has only one son.. you cannot be God' Child if you have not been ADDED to Jesus' Holy Body!
Peter preached "Be baptized be saved"! Three Thousand people accepted Peter' message and were Baptized all were ADDED to Jesus holy Body by Baptism!
Pennington You can't save yourself! The CHURCH must baptizes you to be washed of your sins!

2) you have NOT been washed by the waters of Baptism because you reject Baptism saves!
Until you have been washed you remain "Corrupted" Child of Adam!
The baptism you had was only a SYMBOLIC washing a symbolic saving! It was not true baptism!

3) You are right to admit; Jesus cannot be your brother...
Pennington For Jesus to be BROTHER you must have a Father! IF Jesus was your brother, Mary would also be your Mother!
Matthew 12:49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

Clearly from scriptures... To be "BROTHER Of Jesus" you must be a "DISCIPLE"!
Pennington Disciples are made by Baptism!
You said it yourself.. "Jesus is NOT my brother"!

This Scripture you must reject as lies.."Go make DISCIPLES of all nations BAPTIZING"!

Baptism makes DISCIPLES!
Baptism makes DISCIPLES of all nations!
Pennington Jesus is NOT your brother so God can't be your father! It is just this simple!

4) YES>> Not all Christians are Catholics. But "All Catholic' are CHRISTIAN!"

Pennington "Christians are people who believe the words of Jesus!"

All the Early Church Christians are Catholic's!
All ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread, all drank the blood of Jesus in the form of wine!
"My flesh is real food my blood is real drink!"

All baptized to be saved!
1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

All confessed their sins in Church to the Bishop!
The Didache
"Confess your sins in church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . . On the Lord"s Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure" (Didache 4:14, 14:1 [A.D. 70]).

All accepted the authority of the Church!
Pope Clement I

"Owing to the sudden and repeated calamities and misfortunes which have befallen us, we must acknowledge that we have been somewhat tardy in turning our attention to the matters in dispute among you, beloved; and especially that abominable and unholy sedition, alien and foreign to the elect of God, which a few rash and self-willed persons have inflamed to such madness that your venerable and illustrious name, worthy to be loved by all men, has been greatly defamed. . . . Accept our counsel and you will have nothing to regret. . . . If anyone disobey the things which have been said by him [God] through us [i.e., that you must reinstate your leaders], let them know that they will involve themselves in transgression and in no small danger. . . . You will afford us joy and gladness if being obedient to the things which we have written through the Holy Spirit, you will root out the wicked passion of jealousy" (Letter to the Corinthians 1, 58"59, 63 [A.D. 80]).

All honored Mary "The Mother Of God"!
Irenaeus
"The Virgin Mary, being obedient to his word, received from an angel the glad tidings that she would bear God" (Against Heresies, 5:19:1 [A.D. 189]).

5) the Catholic Church teaches truth!
Pennington for you to even think She teaches lies, you must believe The Holy Spirit guides into error!
Logic alone says.. If God errs then he would not be perfect he would not be God!

Pennington God can't lead his One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church into error or he would not be God!

6) for you to believe "Faith saves" you must reject the scriptures!
God is LOVE... Love saves!

God tells you; "To have eternal life you MUST Love God and Neighbor"!

God tells you.. The Sheep are judged RIGHTEOUS because they "GIVE" to others!
Pennington Only the RIGHTEOUS go to heaven!
Abraham was RIGHTEOUS, because of what he did!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Did you see it...The one who does what is right is righteous

Catholic' are CHRISTIAN because; Christians believe the scriptures!
Pennington Catholic' reject the teachings of the many thousands of "Anti-Christs" all these man made churches MUST reject the Catholic Church and scriptures to remain in their protest against Jesus and his holy Catholic bride!!

Otherwise you would have not protest you would all be Catholic's all CHRISTIAN!!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2013 2:48:10 PM
Pennington what???! I can't hear you... Cat got your tongue?

Christians believe the scriptures, they "Believe in Jesus" the author of the scriptures.. Christians believe the WORDS of The WORD!

Words of Jesus..
1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Christians reject the teaching of; "Saved by faith ALONE"!
The teaching of "Saved by faith ALONE" is not found in the scriptures, clearly proven by the verse above!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 12:47:45 AM
Exactly what does 1 Timothy 2:15 mean, Dogknox? Be careful now! Those of us who have been here for awhile know your track record when it comes to really digging in and explaining a passage with due consideration to the near- and remote context, the Greek language, etc.

(Psssst to the newcomers: in two years, I've never seen him attempt to explain a passage in detail. He can't. That's what happens near the end of life's way when one lets others do all the studying for him.)
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 11:17:23 PM
At 3/18/2013 2:48:10 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Pennington what???! I can't hear you... Cat got your tongue?:
You are a idiot.

Christians believe the scriptures, they "Believe in Jesus" the author of the scriptures.. Christians believe the WORDS of The WORD!:
If Jesus authored the Bible then why does He need men correcting it?

Words of Jesus..
1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.:
Shows my case. Faith.

Christians reject the teaching of; "Saved by faith ALONE"!
The teaching of "Saved by faith ALONE" is not found in the scriptures, clearly proven by the verse above!:

Romans 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Romans 9:32
Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:2
This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

1 Peter 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Jude 1:3
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 7:01:46 AM
At 3/14/2013 5:25:06 PM, logicrules wrote:
Mary, while she was pregnant, knew she bore the Christ and said yes to God. Ergo, First Christian in that she was the First to know the Christ and in whom he lived.

Story book disagrees! . . . . his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. 49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business ? 50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them. (Luke 2:41-50) KJV Story book

Obviously Story book Mary & Joseph weren't aware that their trinitarian bastard son was made from a god screwing its own Mother? (Luke 1:35) LOL!

Unless they were both now jointly suffering from Alzheimers or Dementure? LOL!

Many US Christians find this basic difficult. Francis of Assisi called her the Virgin Made Church.
Pennington
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 10:28:31 AM
At 3/17/2013 4:40:50 PM, Dogknox wrote:

1) You are saved? To be saved you MUST be in the body of Jesus!:
Which is?
God has only one son.. you cannot be God' Child if you have not been ADDED to Jesus' Holy Body!:
What do you think Jesus' body is? Physical?
Pennington You can't save yourself! The CHURCH must baptizes you to be washed of your sins!:
No, a man of God baptizes.

2) you have NOT been washed by the waters of Baptism because you reject Baptism saves!:
I do not reject baptism. Baptism does not save. Please show verses that says this.
The baptism you had was only a SYMBOLIC washing a symbolic saving! It was not true baptism!:
Kinda like Jesus' Symbolically being baptized by John? Baptism represents you cleasing of sin by salvation. Baptism does not save you.

3) You are right to admit; Jesus cannot be your brother...
Pennington For Jesus to be BROTHER you must have a Father! IF Jesus was your brother, Mary would also be your Mother!:
I do not have a heavenly mother. Where does it say we suppose to revere Mary?
Matthew 12:49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.:
They were His Mother and Brothers.

Clearly from scriptures... To be "BROTHER Of Jesus" you must be a "DISCIPLE"!:
LOL, you are not Jesus' brother, He is your God. Can't have both.
Pennington Disciples are made by Baptism!:
No, they are made through faith in Jesus.
You said it yourself.. "Jesus is NOT my brother"!:
Thats right He is my God. We see where you stand. You put yourself as Jesus' equal. Brothers show equaliness.

This Scripture you must reject as lies.."Go make DISCIPLES of all nations BAPTIZING"!:
Notice it says make disciples of them before baptism. After salvation you are baptized not before.

Baptism makes DISCIPLES!
Baptism makes DISCIPLES of all nations!:
Jesus Christ does- The Word of God.
Pennington Jesus is NOT your brother so God can't be your father! It is just this simple!:
It is simple that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost are One and therefore you seek to equal yourself to God the Son.

4) YES>> Not all Christians are Catholics. But "All Catholic' are CHRISTIAN!":
Yeah, All baptist are Christian, All Protestants are Christian, so what?

Pennington "Christians are people who believe the words of Jesus!":
No duh!

All the Early Church Christians are Catholic's!:
False, What about the other ten disciples and the places they went and the churches they started? Never thought of that? Why does only one disciple pnly teach to you?
All ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread, all drank the blood of Jesus in the form of wine!
"My flesh is real food my blood is real drink!":

All baptized to be saved!
1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also"not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.:
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us.
This clearly shows like the flood cleansed the earth so does baptism doth now cleanse us.

All confessed their sins in Church to the Bishop!
The Didache
"Confess your sins in church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . . On the Lord"s Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure" (Didache 4:14, 14:1 [A.D. 70]). :
This is false and is not scripture. The scripture says:
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No Bishop.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Say one another not any bishop.

Romans 14:11
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God

Says you confess to God not a bishop.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Again no need of a bishop.
All accepted the authority of the Church!:
No they dont but I am sure he hates the way you butcher his quotes.

All honored Mary "The Mother Of God"!:
The Bible says not to honor Mary.

Irenaeus
"The Virgin Mary, being obedient to his word, received from an angel the glad tidings that she would bear God" (Against Heresies, 5:19:1 [A.D. 189]). :
Again not Biblical.

5) the Catholic Church teaches truth! :
We have quite a few eroors here, far from truth.
Pennington for you to even think She teaches lies, you must believe The Holy Spirit guides into error!:
Mary is not here with you so yes whoever you worship as Mary is teaching you lies. You call Queen of Heaven then maybe you should go to Jeremiah and read about the Queen of Heaven.

Pennington God can't lead his One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church into error or he would not be God!:
God doesn't have one man-made church. You put boundaries on God and His power. Jesus Christ made 1 church which is not man-made and can not be contained by any men or institution. Your RCC is just one of many. Jesus Church has lived one but His teachings are becoming corrupt through men like yourself.

God tells you; "To have eternal life you MUST Love God and Neighbor"!:
You got nerve even posting this one. You need to pull out the log in your eye. You judgementalist and hypocrit.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 2:29:34 AM
Baptism saves!
3000 people were ADDED to the Body of Jesus by BAPTISM the first day of Pentecost! IF...

Let's agree with that hypothesis, that Story book ' baptism saves ' then that confirms the catholic jebus ' needed saving ' because it needed to be baptised in water because of its innate sins! (cf. Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22.)

It needed saving because it was a born a sinner - Therefore he had28 to be made like his brothers and sisters29 in every respect, . . . . (Heb. 2:17) NET Story book

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.