Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 3:01:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2016 6:46:40 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/15/2016 6:40:41 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/15/2016 5:20:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"Atheism is Not a Religion". Bronto took the CON position. Bronto won the debate. Why? ...

~looks at debate: sees multiple forfeitures~

~looks at the only vote's reason: "Forfeiture."~

Was it due to forfeiture?

...Because Atheism is a full blown multi denominational religion from every level.

~facepalm~

Of course it was. You might have noticed my past thread labled "Atheists give up in debates". No arguments. Just crossed arms and scrunched up faces.

Challenge me to a debate. See how that goes for you.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 2:07:28 AM
At 4/16/2016 3:01:45 AM, Double_R wrote:
"Atheism is Not a Religion". Bronto took the CON position. Bronto won the debate. Why? ...

...Because Atheism is a full blown multi denominational religion from every level.

~facepalm~

Of course it was. You might have noticed my past thread labled "Atheists give up in debates". No arguments. Just crossed arms and scrunched up faces.

I did. You didn't accept it.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 2:10:28 AM
At 4/21/2016 2:07:28 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/16/2016 3:01:45 AM, Double_R wrote:

~facepalm~

I did. You didn't accept it.

I haven't been on in two days. I just tried to click on it and it gave me an error message. Challenge me again. I'm going to sleep now, so I'll accept tomorrow.
Heirio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:45:15 PM
At 4/15/2016 5:10:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheists take a defined stance on God. They have faith in evolution despite no one ever seeing a change in kind of anything, which is faith. And...there are Atheist churches. The religion also has unholy books like "God is not Great" (Christopher Hitchens) and "The God Delusion"(Richard Dawkins). A rose by any other name is still a rose.......

Is your lack of belief in the flying spaghetti monster a religion?
No, of course it's not.
Just like being bald is not a hair colour.
And off is not a TV channel.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 6:44:34 PM
Richard Dawkins-

"What worries me about religion is that it teaches people to be satisfied with not understanding the world they live in."

We have shown Con a demonstration of the universe being composed of adinkas, binary Hammin's computer code. Does he care? Nope. Why? It conflicts with his religion.

Atheism has become militant and hostile towards other beliefs.

The New Atheist movement has become hellbent on attacking other beliefs, demonstrated on this very forum. They claim "we are not religious!", but guess where I met Con at. The Religion forum. As a matter of fact, I've met a lot of "nonreligious" Atheists in? The Religion forum.

So, let's demonstrate this yet again.

The Fermi Paradox

-"The contradiction between the lack of evidence and high probability estimates, e.g. given by the Drake equation, for the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations."

The Drake Equation states that if some kind of Darwinian means is fact, then by probability alone, our galaxy should be teaming with intelligent life. But...not a flicker, not a peep. Looks like it is just us.

Will Con be moved by the information? Nope. Why? It contradicts his religious beliefs and needs.

Con is so religious that he challenged me to this very debate. Think about it. Here are some of Con's debates.

Bob the Magic Fairy Exists

-Atheism Has no Burden of Proof

-This House Believes Ontology Necessitates God!

-This shack would state: God has existence in our reality

-Occam's Razor Applies To The Theory of God!

-The ontological argument

He is defending his beliefs. It's illogical to defend your "lack of beliefs". He is defending? Beliefs.

Con:

" I as an atheist, can pray."

Praying is? Religious.

Con:

"He has provided many examples of atheists doing things that are similar to things religious people do"

A rose by any other name is still a rose. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

Con tries to make the assertion that Atheism is not a religion because it has many diffent ways of being, no distinct, specific belief.

The same can be said for any religion. Christianity includes Presbyterian, Pentacostal, Catholic, Holiness, Baptist, Methodist, 7th Day Adventist, Jehovah's Witness, Mormons, First Assembly of God, etc. We have Suni Islam. We have Shia Islam. We have Wahhabism. Hinduism has literally 5 million gods worshipped in many different varieties and mixes. We have Buhhdism, Scientology, Judaism, Urantians, Wickens, etc etc...That does not make these people "not religious" simply because their beliefs differ.

Some Atheists, through faith, blindly believe in Darwinian Evolution despite secular scientists such as David Berlinski saying darwinian evolution is a pipedream.

Con says some Atheists are spiritual? But not religious. No, no.

-

Con beats a consistant drumbeat that Atheism is a "lack of belief", therefore not religious.

Let's flip it around. I have a little bit of a " non-lack of belief" in God. Am I religious or not? You know I am. That door swings both ways.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2016 6:46:33 PM
Atheism is a religion debate

http://www.debate.org...

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 9:50:58 PM
Atheism is a religion. They pass out pamphlets and go door to door now.

Athomos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 10:41:20 PM
At 4/28/2016 9:50:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Pizza Hut is a religion. They pass out pamphlets and go door to door now.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:04:52 AM
At 4/28/2016 10:41:20 PM, Athomos wrote:
At 4/28/2016 9:50:58 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Pizza Hut is a religion. They pass out pamphlets and go door to door now.

Pizza Hut has no churches. Atheism does.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 4:38:26 AM
At 4/29/2016 5:45:45 AM, bulproof wrote:
Religion is an atheism.

I particularly love the allegorical atheist tale of 80,000 pound walking whales that spran forth from hyenas who sprang forth from trilobites...

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 5:05:43 AM
At 4/30/2016 4:38:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Religion is an atheism.

I particularly love the allegorical atheist tale of 80,000 pound walking whales that spran forth from hyenas who sprang forth from trilobites...

Don't listen to every donkey that talks to you, even your mother.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 1:27:31 PM
At 4/30/2016 5:05:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/30/2016 4:38:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Religion is an atheism.

Don't listen to every donkey that talks to you, even your mother.

Ballam's donkey? We don't.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 1:27:55 PM
Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality.

(Revelation 2:14)

matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 3:03:28 PM
Atheists take a defined stance on God. They have faith in evolution despite no one ever seeing a change in kind of anything, which is faith. And...there are Atheist churches. The religion also has unholy books like "God is not Great" (Christopher Hitchens) and "The God Delusion"(Richard Dawkins). A rose by any other name is still a rose.......

Here is what Bill Maher says about Atheism being a religion -

Pretty funny stuff...
Begin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:50:25 PM
At 4/16/2016 2:17:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's impossible to shake off the stupid.

Your answer beg's the question, what?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.