Total Posts:332|Showing Posts:121-150|Last Page
Jump to topic:

More powerful than God?

Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:57:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2016 9:32:44 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:28:04 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:13:57 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:09:13 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:53:35 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:52:17 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:45:19 PM, Geogeer wrote:

At 5/12/2016 8:07:28 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
So God is restricted by infinity? Thought God would be too powerful to be restricted.

I'm sorry I thought you were being funny with your comment. Infinity by definition means without boundaries.

And whats your point?

You are saying that God is restricted by infinity which is like saying he's restricted by unrestriction... huh?

Please quote where I said God is restricted by infinity please.

So God is restricted by infinity? Thought God would be too powerful to be restricted.

Are you an idiot?

Your words not mine.

Is English your primary language?

Do you understand what a question mark at the end of a sentence means?

Asking the question 'so God is restricted by infinity?' is not the same as asserting God is restricted by infinity.

I don't like being misquoted, so please try to acknowledge the difference between questions and statements in the future.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 12:59:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 12:57:20 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:32:44 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:28:04 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:13:57 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:09:13 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:53:35 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:52:17 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:45:19 PM, Geogeer wrote:

At 5/12/2016 8:07:28 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
So God is restricted by infinity? Thought God would be too powerful to be restricted.

I'm sorry I thought you were being funny with your comment. Infinity by definition means without boundaries.

And whats your point?

You are saying that God is restricted by infinity which is like saying he's restricted by unrestriction... huh?

Please quote where I said God is restricted by infinity please.

So God is restricted by infinity? Thought God would be too powerful to be restricted.

Are you an idiot?

Your words not mine.

Is English your primary language?

Do you understand what a question mark at the end of a sentence means?

Asking the question 'so God is restricted by infinity?' is not the same as asserting God is restricted by infinity.

I don't like being misquoted, so please try to acknowledge the difference between questions and statements in the future.

Yes I speak english and given the following sentence (Thought God would be too powerful to be restricted) I interpreted it to be a rhetorical question.
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:03:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2016 10:42:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:06:49 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:50:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:47:53 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:32:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:27:25 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 7:25:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Ummm... major miracles occur very rarely... that is why they are miracles. Contemporary reports on the miracle even by non-believers were quite similar. It was reports that came decades later that were different.

Can you define what a miracle is? Please don't say a miraculous event lol.

Now that is funny! :-)

A couple of decent definitions:

A sensibly perceptible effect, surpassing at least the powers of visible nature, produced by God to witness to some truth or testify to someone's sanctity.

or

A miracle is a supernatural sign or wonder, brought about by God, signifying His glory and the salvation of mankind. As a sign, a miracle is perceived by the senses and makes present the supernatural order, God's governance of nature, and His loving plan of salvation.

Ok thanks. So are there any examples of miracles? Obviously you would need to Provide proof that God was the 'power' behind this miracle happening.

Well I'm assuming you want big showy ones, as I posited earlier there is the miracle of Fatima. Viewed by faithful and skeptics alike and occurring at a proscribed time and place.

For arguments sake let's say I accept the Sun jolted around in the sky for 10 minutes, how do you provide evidence that a diety was the perpetrator of this?
The people came out to see the Miracle, they were expecting a Miracle at the time a Miracle was promised! The promise was from our Blessed Mother Mary!

The Miracle of the Sun
October 13, 1917
Witnessed by thousands!

You need to Provide evidence that it was the Judeo-Christian God that performed this miracle. How do we know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus?
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:07:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.

Says who exactly?You don't have the monopoly over love. (Beware, this is not a rhetorical question)
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:32:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:07:09 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.

Says who exactly?You don't have the monopoly over love. (Beware, this is not a rhetorical question)

Because love is willing the good of the other for the sake of the other. It is a completely non-selfish act. You expect nothing in return. That is perfect love. To fall out of love means that you didn't receive what you wanted from the other person.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:49:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:32:46 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:07:09 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.

Says who exactly?You don't have the monopoly over love. (Beware, this is not a rhetorical question)

Because love is willing the good of the other for the sake of the other. It is a completely non-selfish act. You expect nothing in return. That is perfect love. To fall out of love means that you didn't receive what you wanted from the other person.

Where do you get your definitions from?

I'd say love is just intently caring for/about someone. In practice though love is almost alwsys reciprocal.

Anyway I'm really not interested in discussing what love is to be honest.
dsjpk5
Posts: 5,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:50:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2016 9:03:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:01:55 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

From a friend of mine:


This is a critical mistake. Omnipotence by no means entails the ability to do the logically impossible. For example, an omnipotent being couldn't create a square circle, or a married bachelor. This presents no problem to the concept of omnipotence, however, as "square circles" and "married bachelors" aren't really coherent "things". Arguing that a being is not all-powerful if that being cannot create an incoherence (i.e. a square circle) would be like arguing that a being if not all-powerful if that being cannot create "nothing". A square circle is equivalent to nothing. It has no properties. But surely "nothing" cannot be created, as "nothing" is the absence of something. So, an omnipotent being who is unable to create "nothing" (square circles, married bachelors, etc.) remains an omnipotent being.

Oh stop it! You're ruining the fun by being reasonable.

)
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:59:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:49:04 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:32:46 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:07:09 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.

Says who exactly?You don't have the monopoly over love. (Beware, this is not a rhetorical question)

Because love is willing the good of the other for the sake of the other. It is a completely non-selfish act. You expect nothing in return. That is perfect love. To fall out of love means that you didn't receive what you wanted from the other person.

Where do you get your definitions from?

I'd say love is just intently caring for/about someone. In practice though love is almost alwsys reciprocal.

Anyway I'm really not interested in discussing what love is to be honest.

The Greeks had 4 words for love. They equated to friendship, familial, sexual, and unconditional love. It is this last one I'm using because it is pure love.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 2:08:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:59:17 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:49:04 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:32:46 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:07:09 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:00:22 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/13/2016 12:59:34 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:31:12 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:18:30 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:02:45 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:58:32 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
Geogeer, love is just the label we put on a certain chemical reaction in the brain. People who get brain injuries can have their previous feelings of love altered and diminshed. It's really not hard science to understand, I'm surprised that you even tried using love as an example of something we can't explain. Lol.

Love isn't an emotion, though it may have several emotional links. Love in an act of will.

So why do you say we will never have proof of love? Ill say it again love is THE LABEL WE PUT ON certain feelings and emotions. Love is proof of love.

Then why are there divorces and break ups? Because they are emotion based. I can dislike someone and give my life in an act of selfless love for them. Love is selfless emotion is not.

People change, love isn't eternal.

Then it is infatuation and not love.

Says who exactly?You don't have the monopoly over love. (Beware, this is not a rhetorical question)

Because love is willing the good of the other for the sake of the other. It is a completely non-selfish act. You expect nothing in return. That is perfect love. To fall out of love means that you didn't receive what you wanted from the other person.

Where do you get your definitions from?

I'd say love is just intently caring for/about someone. In practice though love is almost alwsys reciprocal.

Anyway I'm really not interested in discussing what love is to be honest.

The Greeks had 4 words for love. They equated to friendship, familial, sexual, and unconditional love. It is this last one I'm using because it is pure love.

Ok.
Dogknox
Posts: 6,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 2:38:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:03:42 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 10:42:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:06:49 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:50:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:47:53 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:32:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:27:25 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 7:25:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Ummm... major miracles occur very rarely... that is why they are miracles. Contemporary reports on the miracle even by non-believers were quite similar. It was reports that came decades later that were different.

Can you define what a miracle is? Please don't say a miraculous event lol.

Now that is funny! :-)

A couple of decent definitions:

A sensibly perceptible effect, surpassing at least the powers of visible nature, produced by God to witness to some truth or testify to someone's sanctity.

or

A miracle is a supernatural sign or wonder, brought about by God, signifying His glory and the salvation of mankind. As a sign, a miracle is perceived by the senses and makes present the supernatural order, God's governance of nature, and His loving plan of salvation.

Ok thanks. So are there any examples of miracles? Obviously you would need to Provide proof that God was the 'power' behind this miracle happening.

Well I'm assuming you want big showy ones, as I posited earlier there is the miracle of Fatima. Viewed by faithful and skeptics alike and occurring at a proscribed time and place.

For arguments sake let's say I accept the Sun jolted around in the sky for 10 minutes, how do you provide evidence that a diety was the perpetrator of this?
The people came out to see the Miracle, they were expecting a Miracle at the time a Miracle was promised! The promise was from our Blessed Mother Mary!

The Miracle of the Sun
October 13, 1917
Witnessed by thousands!

You need to Provide evidence that it was the Judeo-Christian God that performed this miracle. How do we know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus?

Simple answer: The Virgin Mary said.. The Miracle would happen on this date; October 13, 1917!!!
Mary is the Mother of God! Mary is the mother of the Christian God Jesus!
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 2:46:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 2:38:18 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:03:42 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 10:42:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:06:49 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:50:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:47:53 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:32:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:27:25 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 7:25:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Ummm... major miracles occur very rarely... that is why they are miracles. Contemporary reports on the miracle even by non-believers were quite similar. It was reports that came decades later that were different.

Can you define what a miracle is? Please don't say a miraculous event lol.

Now that is funny! :-)

A couple of decent definitions:

A sensibly perceptible effect, surpassing at least the powers of visible nature, produced by God to witness to some truth or testify to someone's sanctity.

or

A miracle is a supernatural sign or wonder, brought about by God, signifying His glory and the salvation of mankind. As a sign, a miracle is perceived by the senses and makes present the supernatural order, God's governance of nature, and His loving plan of salvation.

Ok thanks. So are there any examples of miracles? Obviously you would need to Provide proof that God was the 'power' behind this miracle happening.

Well I'm assuming you want big showy ones, as I posited earlier there is the miracle of Fatima. Viewed by faithful and skeptics alike and occurring at a proscribed time and place.

For arguments sake let's say I accept the Sun jolted around in the sky for 10 minutes, how do you provide evidence that a diety was the perpetrator of this?
The people came out to see the Miracle, they were expecting a Miracle at the time a Miracle was promised! The promise was from our Blessed Mother Mary!

The Miracle of the Sun
October 13, 1917
Witnessed by thousands!

You need to Provide evidence that it was the Judeo-Christian God that performed this miracle. How do we know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus?

Simple answer: The Virgin Mary said.. The Miracle would happen on this date; October 13, 1917!!!
Mary is the Mother of God! Mary is the mother of the Christian God Jesus!

You are just claiming Mary said that, please provide some evidence because anecdotal stories are just about the least reliable form of evidence.

Oh and by the way I don't believe the miraculous claims in the Bible until they are independently proven to be true. I care about truth see.
uncung
Posts: 4,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:41:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/12/2016 8:02:22 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 2:56:38 AM, uncung wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

It is not possible at all since the God is the most powerful one.

Oh right so we found something a supposedly omnipotent God cant do. Draw your own conclusions from that if you dare theists.

He can do it.
uncung
Posts: 4,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:43:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Then it is not One God whatsoever if they were in three persons.
uncung Good question.... They are ONE but three natures, three persons! !
John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

Being ADDED to the Body of Jesus I become one with Jesus!
Jesus is One with God the Father.

Look
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

But where are the alleged father and jesus right now?
Dogknox
Posts: 6,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:54:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 2:46:49 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 2:38:18 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:03:42 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 10:42:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:06:49 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:50:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:47:53 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:32:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:27:25 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 7:25:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Ummm... major miracles occur very rarely... that is why they are miracles. Contemporary reports on the miracle even by non-believers were quite similar. It was reports that came decades later that were different.

Can you define what a miracle is? Please don't say a miraculous event lol.

Now that is funny! :-)

A couple of decent definitions:

A sensibly perceptible effect, surpassing at least the powers of visible nature, produced by God to witness to some truth or testify to someone's sanctity.

or

A miracle is a supernatural sign or wonder, brought about by God, signifying His glory and the salvation of mankind. As a sign, a miracle is perceived by the senses and makes present the supernatural order, God's governance of nature, and His loving plan of salvation.

Ok thanks. So are there any examples of miracles? Obviously you would need to Provide proof that God was the 'power' behind this miracle happening.

Well I'm assuming you want big showy ones, as I posited earlier there is the miracle of Fatima. Viewed by faithful and skeptics alike and occurring at a proscribed time and place.

For arguments sake let's say I accept the Sun jolted around in the sky for 10 minutes, how do you provide evidence that a diety was the perpetrator of this?
The people came out to see the Miracle, they were expecting a Miracle at the time a Miracle was promised! The promise was from our Blessed Mother Mary!

The Miracle of the Sun
October 13, 1917
Witnessed by thousands!

You need to Provide evidence that it was the Judeo-Christian God that performed this miracle. How do we know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus?

Simple answer: The Virgin Mary said.. The Miracle would happen on this date; October 13, 1917!!!
Mary is the Mother of God! Mary is the mother of the Christian God Jesus!

You are just claiming Mary said that, please provide some evidence because anecdotal stories are just about the least reliable form of evidence.

Oh and by the way I don't believe the miraculous claims in the Bible until they are independently proven to be true. I care about truth see.
Redfordnutt Type... In your search engine.....
Miracle of the Sun
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dogknox
Posts: 6,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:56:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 3:43:05 AM, uncung wrote:
Then it is not One God whatsoever if they were in three persons.
uncung Good question.... They are ONE but three natures, three persons! !
John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

Being ADDED to the Body of Jesus I become one with Jesus!
Jesus is One with God the Father.

Look
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

But where are the alleged father and jesus right now?

uncung I hope all is well?
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!
uncung
Posts: 4,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 4:14:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 3:56:23 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:43:05 AM, uncung wrote:
Then it is not One God whatsoever if they were in three persons.
uncung Good question.... They are ONE but three natures, three persons! !
John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

Being ADDED to the Body of Jesus I become one with Jesus!
Jesus is One with God the Father.

Look
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

But where are the alleged father and jesus right now?

uncung I hope all is well?
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 5:50:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 1:50:07 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:03:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:01:55 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

From a friend of mine:


This is a critical mistake. Omnipotence by no means entails the ability to do the logically impossible. For example, an omnipotent being couldn't create a square circle, or a married bachelor. This presents no problem to the concept of omnipotence, however, as "square circles" and "married bachelors" aren't really coherent "things". Arguing that a being is not all-powerful if that being cannot create an incoherence (i.e. a square circle) would be like arguing that a being if not all-powerful if that being cannot create "nothing". A square circle is equivalent to nothing. It has no properties. But surely "nothing" cannot be created, as "nothing" is the absence of something. So, an omnipotent being who is unable to create "nothing" (square circles, married bachelors, etc.) remains an omnipotent being.

Oh stop it! You're ruining the fun by being reasonable.

)
It's good to see that your omnipotent god is restricted by the human construct we call logic.
dsjpk5
Posts: 5,193
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 10:48:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 5:50:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:50:07 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:03:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:01:55 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

From a friend of mine:


This is a critical mistake. Omnipotence by no means entails the ability to do the logically impossible. For example, an omnipotent being couldn't create a square circle, or a married bachelor. This presents no problem to the concept of omnipotence, however, as "square circles" and "married bachelors" aren't really coherent "things". Arguing that a being is not all-powerful if that being cannot create an incoherence (i.e. a square circle) would be like arguing that a being if not all-powerful if that being cannot create "nothing". A square circle is equivalent to nothing. It has no properties. But surely "nothing" cannot be created, as "nothing" is the absence of something. So, an omnipotent being who is unable to create "nothing" (square circles, married bachelors, etc.) remains an omnipotent being.

Oh stop it! You're ruining the fun by being reasonable.

)
It's good to see that your omnipotent god is restricted by the human construct we call logic.

Actually, it is the OP who has restricted his/her ability to understand omnipotence properly by clinging to an incoherent question.
Dogknox
Posts: 6,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 1:54:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 4:14:13 AM, uncung wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:56:23 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:43:05 AM, uncung wrote:
Then it is not One God whatsoever if they were in three persons.
uncung Good question.... They are ONE but three natures, three persons! !
John 10:30
I and the Father are one."

Being ADDED to the Body of Jesus I become one with Jesus!
Jesus is One with God the Father.

Look
John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

But where are the alleged father and jesus right now?

uncung I hope all is well?
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
uncung Jesus is "ONE" with all who eat his living flesh and drink his life giving blood!
United with Jesus we have died with him.. Never to die again!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Satan hates you.. He hates all people!
uncung
Posts: 4,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 3:11:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
uncung Jesus is "ONE" with all who eat his living flesh and drink his life giving blood!
United with Jesus we have died with him.. Never to die again!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Satan hates you.. He hates all people!

Do you imply Jesus is ate by us? :)
Is Jesus in my poop now?
Dogknox
Posts: 6,472
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 5:47:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 3:11:39 PM, uncung wrote:
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
uncung Jesus is "ONE" with all who eat his living flesh and drink his life giving blood!
United with Jesus we have died with him.. Never to die again!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Satan hates you.. He hates all people!

Do you imply Jesus is ate by us? :)
Is Jesus in my poop now?

Scriptures are very clear...
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Jesus is NOT in you!!!!!
Satan hates you... You are in a very sorry position!!!
dhardage
Posts: 4,546
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 7:38:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 5:47:41 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:11:39 PM, uncung wrote:
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
uncung Jesus is "ONE" with all who eat his living flesh and drink his life giving blood!
United with Jesus we have died with him.. Never to die again!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Satan hates you.. He hates all people!

Do you imply Jesus is ate by us? :)
Is Jesus in my poop now?

Scriptures are very clear...
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Jesus is NOT in you!!!!!
Satan hates you... You are in a very sorry position!!!

Soooo, you have to be a cannibal to go to your heaven? No, thanks.
scmike2
Posts: 946
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 8:13:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

Hey Redfordnutt, it's nice to meet you! The answer to your question is 'no', as you are basically asking if God can be both 'God' (the Ultimate Authority) and also 'not God' (not the Ultimate Authority) at the same time and in the same way. Since 'omnipotent' describes a being that is 'all powerful', the ability to contradict oneself is necessarily excluded from the scope of omnipotence, since that ability does not constitute a 'power', but a 'weakness. Hope this helps!
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 9:41:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 3:54:12 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 2:46:49 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 2:38:18 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:03:42 AM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 10:42:29 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:06:49 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:50:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:47:53 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:32:17 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 8:27:25 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/12/2016 7:25:39 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Ummm... major miracles occur very rarely... that is why they are miracles. Contemporary reports on the miracle even by non-believers were quite similar. It was reports that came decades later that were different.

Can you define what a miracle is? Please don't say a miraculous event lol.

Now that is funny! :-)

A couple of decent definitions:

A sensibly perceptible effect, surpassing at least the powers of visible nature, produced by God to witness to some truth or testify to someone's sanctity.

or

A miracle is a supernatural sign or wonder, brought about by God, signifying His glory and the salvation of mankind. As a sign, a miracle is perceived by the senses and makes present the supernatural order, God's governance of nature, and His loving plan of salvation.

Ok thanks. So are there any examples of miracles? Obviously you would need to Provide proof that God was the 'power' behind this miracle happening.

Well I'm assuming you want big showy ones, as I posited earlier there is the miracle of Fatima. Viewed by faithful and skeptics alike and occurring at a proscribed time and place.

For arguments sake let's say I accept the Sun jolted around in the sky for 10 minutes, how do you provide evidence that a diety was the perpetrator of this?
The people came out to see the Miracle, they were expecting a Miracle at the time a Miracle was promised! The promise was from our Blessed Mother Mary!

The Miracle of the Sun
October 13, 1917
Witnessed by thousands!

You need to Provide evidence that it was the Judeo-Christian God that performed this miracle. How do we know it wasn't Allah, or Zeus?

Simple answer: The Virgin Mary said.. The Miracle would happen on this date; October 13, 1917!!!
Mary is the Mother of God! Mary is the mother of the Christian God Jesus!

You are just claiming Mary said that, please provide some evidence because anecdotal stories are just about the least reliable form of evidence.

Oh and by the way I don't believe the miraculous claims in the Bible until they are independently proven to be true. I care about truth see.
Redfordnutt Type... In your search engine.....
Miracle of the Sun
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I already have.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 9:46:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 8:13:23 PM, scmike2 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

Hey Redfordnutt, it's nice to meet you! The answer to your question is 'no', as you are basically asking if God can be both 'God' (the Ultimate Authority) and also 'not God' (not the Ultimate Authority) at the same time and in the same way. Since 'omnipotent' describes a being that is 'all powerful', the ability to contradict oneself is necessarily excluded from the scope of omnipotence, since that ability does not constitute a 'power', but a 'weakness. Hope this helps!

Hello to you as well.So you are saying his omnipotence is restricted by certain things? If he can't do something he is not omnipotent. By the way i dont believe in omnipotence.
scmike2
Posts: 946
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2016 11:00:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 9:46:40 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 5/13/2016 8:13:23 PM, scmike2 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

Hey Redfordnutt, it's nice to meet you! The answer to your question is 'no', as you are basically asking if God can be both 'God' (the Ultimate Authority) and also 'not God' (not the Ultimate Authority) at the same time and in the same way. Since 'omnipotent' describes a being that is 'all powerful', the ability to contradict oneself is necessarily excluded from the scope of omnipotence, since that ability does not constitute a 'power', but a 'weakness. Hope this helps!

Hello to you as well.So you are saying his omnipotence is restricted by certain things?

I'm saying that 'omnipotence' is an aspect of God's self-consistent, unchanging, eternal character and nature, and necessarily precludes the ability to engage in contradiction, since the ability to do so is mutually exclusive to being 'all powerful' (since contradicting oneself is a 'weakness').

If he can't do something he is not omnipotent.

If that 'something' equates to contradicting Himself, then you are indeed arguing the equivalent of 'if God can't be both God and not God at the same time and in the same way, then he therefore cannot be God'. It would be like me arguing that if you can't both exist and not exist at the same time and in the same way, then you therefore cannot exist. Of course, both arguments are equally absurd.

By the way i dont believe in omnipotence.

I don't believe in what you are defining as 'omnipotence' either, as the end result is irrational. I do, however, know for certain that the God of the Bible--who is omniscient, all powerful, and Soevereign--exists as the Creator of the universe and the basis for all knowledge, morality, logic, and truth. Just like everyone else (see Romans 1:18-22).

Since all people know that God exists (some just choose to suppress that truth in order to avoid accountability to Him), I would argue that you must ultimately rely upon His existence in order to even begin to formulate any argument against His existence here. Of course, such a position is self-defeating, and necessarily false. I hope this helps!
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:27:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 10:48:09 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/13/2016 5:50:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/13/2016 1:50:07 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:03:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/12/2016 9:01:55 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 5/11/2016 2:28:12 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
To all the believers of an omnipotent God, is it possible for God to create a more powerful and complex being than he himself?

From a friend of mine:


This is a critical mistake. Omnipotence by no means entails the ability to do the logically impossible. For example, an omnipotent being couldn't create a square circle, or a married bachelor. This presents no problem to the concept of omnipotence, however, as "square circles" and "married bachelors" aren't really coherent "things". Arguing that a being is not all-powerful if that being cannot create an incoherence (i.e. a square circle) would be like arguing that a being if not all-powerful if that being cannot create "nothing". A square circle is equivalent to nothing. It has no properties. But surely "nothing" cannot be created, as "nothing" is the absence of something. So, an omnipotent being who is unable to create "nothing" (square circles, married bachelors, etc.) remains an omnipotent being.

Oh stop it! You're ruining the fun by being reasonable.

)
It's good to see that your omnipotent god is restricted by the human construct we call logic.


Actually, it is the OP who has restricted his/her ability to understand omnipotence properly by clinging to an incoherent question.
Your claim is that your god is restricted by the human construct, logic.
uncung
Posts: 4,039
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2016 3:29:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/13/2016 5:47:41 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 5/13/2016 3:11:39 PM, uncung wrote:
God is everywhere... Omani Present!!

Is the god in our poop also?
uncung Jesus is "ONE" with all who eat his living flesh and drink his life giving blood!
United with Jesus we have died with him.. Never to die again!

53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Satan hates you.. He hates all people!

Do you imply Jesus is ate by us? :)
Is Jesus in my poop now?

Scriptures are very clear...
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

uncung Jesus is NOT in you!!!!!
Satan hates you... You are in a very sorry position!!!

Have you eaten your Jesus?