Total Posts:111|Showing Posts:61-90|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why did God create parasitic eye worms?

Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:01:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2016 5:54:09 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 6/4/2016 7:33:34 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/4/2016 12:45:27 AM, lightseeker wrote:
At 6/3/2016 10:21:40 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 7:44:34 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

this parasite, is it horrible for you, or is it horrible for itself too?

lions are horrible creature for antelopes, but in general, are they horrible?

Lions are horrible creatures for humans too if you find yourself confronted with one unarmed. The broader question here is why did God create animals that live through killing or through having a painful parasitic effect on other animals.

The fact these creatures exist demonstrates that if God exists he wants his creations to endure pain and suffering.

Indeed this world is the world of pain and suffering. This is because matter is limited, meaning if I want to be unlimited I have to invade other creatures rights. One of the limitations is our body's limited survivability. so if I want to live, I have to invade the right of life of other creatures.
One of the reasons for these hardships, is to remind us humans that this is not our real home, so that we wouldnt get too comfy here. We're here to gather provisions for our long travel to our real home which is heaven. and since that is a spiritual travel, those who've strengthen their souls will be a ble to get there

There is no logical reason why Allah had to allow pain, suffering and death other than him being evil and enjoying making his creations suffer. Remember animals don't even get an afterlife in Islam so even if it's possible for suffering to lead to something worthwhile for humans, animals get nothing.

according to Islam, animals actually get afterlife. Quran:

"There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end."

That's not proof animals get afterlife.

What benefit is there to an antelope when it is mauled to death by a lion?
also, according to Islam, animals have an understanding of things, and worship god (meaning they do duties that god has assigned them to) and will be judged by God. actually even trees and herbs worship God. Quran:
"And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) prostrate in adoration." but, what kind of judgement will they face, i really don't know.

That's laughable. Animals don't have the mental capacity to worship a God.

It's ludicrous that a god would judge animals and send them to heaven or hell.

The concept of judgment is just dumb. If a god created something it is responsible for how it behaves. Creating something to have certain characteristics the creator dislikes is just incredibly stupid.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.
That is a claim made by many theists and the OP is an atheist testing what those theists believe and the lengths to which they will go to justify such an abomination.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:08:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:58:28 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:58:21 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

Response: Because the greatest love cannot come about unless through hardship. So what can hurt and harm must exist as well.

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

You haven't read religious text, have you? All of this is explained when reading bout the Devil

I've read the bible and know why Christians claim it exists but the reasoning is ridiculous. God could have created angels in a way they would not want to rebel and even if he chose not to could destroy Satan as soon as he rebelled. This would have set a great example that rebellion against God leads to destruction. This would have removed the need for the fallen world to enable Satan to receive the supposed justice of being left to his own devices for a set time period before his destruction to set an example to the other Angels of what happens if you rebel against God.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.

That is a claim made by many theists and the OP is an atheist testing what those theists believe and the lengths to which they will go to justify such an abomination.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:12:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:08:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:58:28 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:58:21 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

Response: Because the greatest love cannot come about unless through hardship. So what can hurt and harm must exist as well.

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

You haven't read religious text, have you? All of this is explained when reading bout the Devil

I've read the bible and know why Christians claim it exists but the reasoning is ridiculous. God could have created angels in a way they would not want to rebel and even if he chose not to could destroy Satan as soon as he rebelled. This would have set a great example that rebellion against God leads to destruction. This would have removed the need for the fallen world to enable Satan to receive the supposed justice of being left to his own devices for a set time period before his destruction to set an example to the other Angels of what happens if you rebel against God.

God cannot and chooses not to control free will, otherwise we would all be perfect humans, as according to the Christian epitome of the perfect being (being the son of God).
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:13:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:56:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:40:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.

Why did God create a parasitic worm?

How would you prove that he created a parasitic worm? Is an object or organism that is created deemed so because of God's creation, or is it so because it came to exist through evolutionary means?

According to the bible God is the creator of everything and is omnipotent and omniscient. The genesis creation account clearly states god is responsible for all creations. The bible claims intelligent design led to life on earth not evolution.

If things exist that God does not want to exist he cannot be omnipotent and omniscient.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:14:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:13:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:56:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:40:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.

Why did God create a parasitic worm?

How would you prove that he created a parasitic worm? Is an object or organism that is created deemed so because of God's creation, or is it so because it came to exist through evolutionary means?

According to the bible God is the creator of everything and is omnipotent and omniscient. The genesis creation account clearly states god is responsible for all creations. The bible claims intelligent design led to life on earth not evolution.

If things exist that God does not want to exist he cannot be omnipotent and omniscient.

You're leaving out how the Devil is the one that corrupted much of God's creation.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:14:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.

You forget the bible also claims God is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator of the devil and is capable of destroying it at any time of his choosing.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:16:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:14:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.

You forget the bible also claims God is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator of the devil and is capable of destroying it at any time of his choosing.

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that God created the Devil itself, just the angel which then, according to its free will, fell and became the Devil.

If it does, can you quote it for me? Also, are you going to ignore all my replies on other topics?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:21:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.
No they don't.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:22:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:21:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.
No they don't.

That's not an argument
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:23:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:16:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:14:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.

You forget the bible also claims God is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator of the devil and is capable of destroying it at any time of his choosing.

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that God created the Devil itself, just the angel which then, according to its free will, fell and became the Devil.

The bible claims God created the Angel called Satan which became the devil. Obviously the way God created Satan made this possible. He could have created him in a way where he had no desire to rebel and become the devil. Being omnipotent and omniscient god must have known Satan's personality made him likely to rebel in certain circumstances when he created him. Being omniscient he would have known that the precise events leading to Satan's rebellion would result in his rebellion but still allowed things to proceed in that way.

If it does, can you quote it for me? Also, are you going to ignore all my replies on other topics?

I'm engaged in many arguments with many people on many issues currently. Please tell me which particular replies you want me to address. I never dodge anything.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:25:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:23:18 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:16:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:14:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.

You forget the bible also claims God is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator of the devil and is capable of destroying it at any time of his choosing.

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that God created the Devil itself, just the angel which then, according to its free will, fell and became the Devil.

The bible claims God created the Angel called Satan which became the devil. Obviously the way God created Satan made this possible. He could have created him in a way where he had no desire to rebel and become the devil. Being omnipotent and omniscient god must have known Satan's personality made him likely to rebel in certain circumstances when he created him. Being omniscient he would have known that the precise events leading to Satan's rebellion would result in his rebellion but still allowed things to proceed in that way.

God doesn't play against free will.


If it does, can you quote it for me? Also, are you going to ignore all my replies on other topics?

I'm engaged in many arguments with many people on many issues currently. Please tell me which particular replies you want me to address. I never dodge anything.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:27:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:12:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:08:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:58:28 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:58:21 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

Response: Because the greatest love cannot come about unless through hardship. So what can hurt and harm must exist as well.

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

You haven't read religious text, have you? All of this is explained when reading bout the Devil

I've read the bible and know why Christians claim it exists but the reasoning is ridiculous. God could have created angels in a way they would not want to rebel and even if he chose not to could destroy Satan as soon as he rebelled. This would have set a great example that rebellion against God leads to destruction. This would have removed the need for the fallen world to enable Satan to receive the supposed justice of being left to his own devices for a set time period before his destruction to set an example to the other Angels of what happens if you rebel against God.

God cannot and chooses not to control free will, otherwise we would all be perfect humans, as according to the Christian epitome of the perfect being (being the son of God).

God could have easily created humans with free will but not have evil thoughts. That's incredibly simple. To claim evil is neccessary is stupid. For a god to create evil people and then punish them eternally for being the way he created them is as idiotic as things get. Christianity is a fairytale for adults. I can disprove it in many different ways. For example the genesis creation account claims plants existed before the sun which is incorrect.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:30:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:14:03 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:13:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:56:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:40:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.

Why did God create a parasitic worm?

How would you prove that he created a parasitic worm? Is an object or organism that is created deemed so because of God's creation, or is it so because it came to exist through evolutionary means?

According to the bible God is the creator of everything and is omnipotent and omniscient. The genesis creation account clearly states god is responsible for all creations. The bible claims intelligent design led to life on earth not evolution.

If things exist that God does not want to exist he cannot be omnipotent and omniscient.

You're leaving out how the Devil is the one that corrupted much of God's creation.

God created Satan. God chooses to allow Satan to corrupt things and therefore chooses things to be the way they are. It's obviously what he wants if he exists.
desmac
Posts: 7,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:34:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:17:05 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:49:36 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:58:21 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

Response: Because the greatest love cannot come about unless through hardship. So what can hurt and harm must exist as well.

Why did god create horrible parasitic child abusers, Fati?

you mean catholic priests?

So true. Amongst many others. Most of whom will try to justify it by saying the children enjoy it. Just as Fati does.
Di mortuis
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:36:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:25:19 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:23:18 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:16:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:14:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.

You forget the bible also claims God is omnipotent and omniscient and is the creator of the devil and is capable of destroying it at any time of his choosing.

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that God created the Devil itself, just the angel which then, according to its free will, fell and became the Devil.

The bible claims God created the Angel called Satan which became the devil. Obviously the way God created Satan made this possible. He could have created him in a way where he had no desire to rebel and become the devil. Being omnipotent and omniscient god must have known Satan's personality made him likely to rebel in certain circumstances when he created him. Being omniscient he would have known that the precise events leading to Satan's rebellion would result in his rebellion but still allowed things to proceed in that way.

God doesn't play against free will.

God is the creator of everything and chooses to allow evil to exist. Evil is not neccessary for free will to exist. God created the range of things possible under free will. It didn't need to include evil. God wanted evil to exist and therefore wanted the fallen world. The nature of Satan, Adam and Eve, all God's creations made the fall inevitable. No one can be responsible for the fall apart from God.


If it does, can you quote it for me? Also, are you going to ignore all my replies on other topics?

I'm engaged in many arguments with many people on many issues currently. Please tell me which particular replies you want me to address. I never dodge anything.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:38:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:30:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:14:03 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:13:06 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:56:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/1/2016 8:40:37 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 5/30/2016 5:53:23 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

It wasn't created to go in a persons eye, it just ends up there sometimes.

Why did God create a parasitic worm?

How would you prove that he created a parasitic worm? Is an object or organism that is created deemed so because of God's creation, or is it so because it came to exist through evolutionary means?

According to the bible God is the creator of everything and is omnipotent and omniscient. The genesis creation account clearly states god is responsible for all creations. The bible claims intelligent design led to life on earth not evolution.

If things exist that God does not want to exist he cannot be omnipotent and omniscient.

You're leaving out how the Devil is the one that corrupted much of God's creation.

God created Satan. God chooses to allow Satan to corrupt things and therefore chooses things to be the way they are. It's obviously what he wants if he exists.

I'm not versed well enough in religious literature to respond, so I'll let you have this one.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:43:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:22:24 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:21:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.
No they don't.

That's not an argument
You're terribly confused young fellow, I suggest you go and have a lie down.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:44:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:43:38 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:22:24 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:21:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.
No they don't.

That's not an argument
You're terribly confused young fellow, I suggest you go and have a lie down.

Also a non-argument. You must really be having a hard time articulating anything.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:47:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 9:44:23 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:43:38 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:22:24 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:21:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:11:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 9:05:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:54:32 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

They weren't created, so much as they evolved.

I'm no theist, and I'm not a believer of superstition, but the argument that God doesn't exist because there is evil in this world doesn't hold up when realizing that the Christian faith also incorporates a Devil, which is the embodiment of this evil.
The presupposition of the thread is that a creator god exists and has created everything.

That would mean that human creations were created by God as well, which is not the case. Parasitic eye worms are not God's creation - nothing is, really, as I don't find a deity to exist, although Christian holy texts state that evil creations are the doing of the Devil, not God.
No they don't.

That's not an argument
You're terribly confused young fellow, I suggest you go and have a lie down.

Also a non-argument. You must really be having a hard time articulating anything.
I'm not arguing with you young fella, I'm correcting you.
Fatihah
Posts: 9,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:22:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

Response: You're not God. So claiming to know what God can and cannot do is invalid. There is a reason for evil to exist, which is why it does exist. Whether you like it or not does not change the fact.
harrytruman
Posts: 812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 6:39:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

He didn't, they just- came!
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 6:45:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/29/2016 3:49:47 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Why would a just, kind and loving god create this horrible parasite?

Cause it's funny.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:24:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2016 12:22:46 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

Response: You're not God. So claiming to know what God can and cannot do is invalid. There is a reason for evil to exist, which is why it does exist. Whether you like it or not does not change the fact.
You and your fellow theists claim incessantly to know what gods can and cannot do, don't be a hypocrite.
lightseeker
Posts: 1,189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:01:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
according to Islam, animals actually get afterlife. Quran:

"There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end."

That's not proof animals get afterlife.
didn't you say Islam doesn't believe in afterlife for animals?
so i told you it does. otherwise how can things that are dead be again gathered to their lord? ?

What benefit is there to an antelope when it is mauled to death by a lion?
also, according to Islam, animals have an understanding of things, and worship god (meaning they do duties that god has assigned them to) and will be judged by God. actually even trees and herbs worship God. Quran:
"And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) prostrate in adoration." but, what kind of judgement will they face, i really don't know.

That's laughable. Animals don't have the mental capacity to worship a God.
worshiping God is doing duties that God has assigned you. and if you think animals don't have mental capacity, you prob don't know about animal talking to each other (whales, dolphins, ...) and sorrowing for the death of their kind (elephants) ...

It's ludicrous that a god would judge animals and send them to heaven or hell.
there are a lot of people out there who believe that about Humans. people accept to laugh at these things because they don't understand them. and as i say, i don't really know about the quality of judgement.

The concept of judgment is just dumb. If a god created something it is responsible for how it behaves. Creating something to have certain characteristics the creator dislikes is just incredibly stupid.
how about, God create something that would have the power to choose between right and wrong and be responsible for his own actions?
God doesn't like or hate things like Humans, because God doesn't have emotions. God liking something (like a deed), means that that deed will be rewarded according to the system God has implemented, and a deed Being disliked, means that it will be punished ...
Emotions are for creatures like animals and Humans.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:10:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2016 8:01:49 AM, lightseeker wrote:
according to Islam, animals actually get afterlife. Quran:

"There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end."

That's not proof animals get afterlife.
didn't you say Islam doesn't believe in afterlife for animals?
so i told you it does. otherwise how can things that are dead be again gathered to their lord? ?

The dead bodies could be gathered back to the Lord.

What benefit is there to an antelope when it is mauled to death by a lion?
also, according to Islam, animals have an understanding of things, and worship god (meaning they do duties that god has assigned them to) and will be judged by God. actually even trees and herbs worship God. Quran:
"And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) prostrate in adoration." but, what kind of judgement will they face, i really don't know.

That's laughable. Animals don't have the mental capacity to worship a God.
worshiping God is doing duties that God has assigned you. and if you think animals don't have mental capacity, you prob don't know about animal talking to each other (whales, dolphins, ...) and sorrowing for the death of their kind (elephants) ...

If God assigns something to do something then judgment is unnecessary as the god in question created that creature to behave the way it did. Creating something to behave in a certain way and then punishing it for that behaviour is extremely stupid.

It's ludicrous that a god would judge animals and send them to heaven or hell.
there are a lot of people out there who believe that about Humans. people accept to laugh at these things because they don't understand them. and as i say, i don't really know about the quality of judgement.

A God judging things it created is an illogical concept.

The concept of judgment is just dumb. If a god created something it is responsible for how it behaves. Creating something to have certain characteristics the creator dislikes is just incredibly stupid.
how about, God create something that would have the power to choose between right and wrong and be responsible for his own actions?

Every person has their individual personality. If a god exists it creates some people compatible with what it allegedly demands and others who are not compatible, e.g. paedophiles, homosexuals, transsexuals.

God doesn't like or hate things like Humans, because God doesn't have emotions. God liking something (like a deed), means that that deed will be rewarded according to the system God has implemented, and a deed Being disliked, means that it will be punished ...
Emotions are for creatures like animals and Humans.

If God didn't like or hate things he would not send some people to heaven and some people to hell.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:12:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2016 12:22:46 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:55:46 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

A god could easily create ways for love to come about without creating hardship. There is no reason for evil to exist. Either no God's exist or any that do are evil and want its presence on earth.

Response: You're not God. So claiming to know what God can and cannot do is invalid. There is a reason for evil to exist, which is why it does exist. Whether you like it or not does not change the fact.

You claim to know what God can and cannot do so that comment is illogical and hypocritical. If a god exists the reason for evil is God wants it to exist.
lightseeker
Posts: 1,189
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 7:57:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2016 7:10:11 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/6/2016 8:01:49 AM, lightseeker wrote:
according to Islam, animals actually get afterlife. Quran:

"There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. Nothing have we omitted from the Book, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end."

That's not proof animals get afterlife.
didn't you say Islam doesn't believe in afterlife for animals?
so i told you it does. otherwise how can things that are dead be again gathered to their lord? ?

The dead bodies could be gathered back to the Lord.
you're not making any sense dear. to what point and purpose? and lord will judge between dead bodies?!!

What benefit is there to an antelope when it is mauled to death by a lion?
also, according to Islam, animals have an understanding of things, and worship god (meaning they do duties that god has assigned them to) and will be judged by God. actually even trees and herbs worship God. Quran:
"And the herbs and the trees - both (alike) prostrate in adoration." but, what kind of judgement will they face, i really don't know.

That's laughable. Animals don't have the mental capacity to worship a God.
worshiping God is doing duties that God has assigned you. and if you think animals don't have mental capacity, you prob don't know about animal talking to each other (whales, dolphins, ...) and sorrowing for the death of their kind (elephants) ...
If God assigns something to do something then judgment is unnecessary as the god in question created that creature to behave the way it did. Creating something to behave in a certain way and then punishing it for that behaviour is extremely stupid.
again, how about this: he created them to have a certain level of choice, so that they would be responsible for their actions?

It's ludicrous that a god would judge animals and send them to heaven or hell.
there are a lot of people out there who believe that about Humans. people accept to laugh at these things because they don't understand them. and as i say, i don't really know about the quality of judgement.
A God judging things it created is an illogical concept.
why? again: Choice.

The concept of judgment is just dumb. If a god created something it is responsible for how it behaves. Creating something to have certain characteristics the creator dislikes is just incredibly stupid.
how about, God create something that would have the power to choose between right and wrong and be responsible for his own actions?
Every person has their individual personality. If a god exists it creates some people compatible with what it allegedly demands and others who are not compatible, e.g. pedophiles, homosexuals, transsexuals.
people have urges. but also have choice. it's like saying: it's OK not to imprison/punish a serial killer, because he's sick. but his urge to kill could be easily countered with this understanding of what's true and what's not. meaning as long as you're sick and seek help with your illness, you can be saved. but if you let it spread to a level that would make you do something because of it (like killing ...) then you're responsible for it.

God doesn't like or hate things like Humans, because God doesn't have emotions. God liking something (like a deed), means that that deed will be rewarded according to the system God has implemented, and a deed Being disliked, means that it will be punished ...
Emotions are for creatures like animals and Humans.
If God didn't like or hate things he would not send some people to heaven and some people to hell.
again, i said God doesn't like/hate things like HUMANS. he likes what's right and Dislikes what's wrong. and hell and heaven are just manifestation of people's deeds. God is just, so he created a system in which, every good and right deed would have heavenly manifestation and every bad deed would have hellish manifestation.
Fatihah
Posts: 9,735
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:05:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2016 7:12:14 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

You claim to know what God can and cannot do so that comment is illogical and hypocritical. If a god exists the reason for evil is God wants it to exist.

Response: It's not illogical or hypocritical since I accept and believe God exist, whereas you do not. So it is illogical and hypocritical on your part to claim to know the attributes of a being you say does not exist. A non-existing being cannot have attributes, thus exposing yourself. Not the other way around.

Evil exist because God wants to establish the greatest love, which requires the potential of evil to exist.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.