Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:53:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/15/2016 5:52:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/15/2016 1:49:34 AM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/14/2016 11:24:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 7/13/2016 6:13:13 PM, lightseeker wrote:
Islam is a religion that stresses the qualities of mercy, tolerance and respect. God has ordained the good treatment of parents and warned us against treating them with disrespect. There are several verses in the Quran where kindness to parents is even coupled with the most important aspect of Islam, worshiping God alone. This indicates that being kind to parents, honoring and respecting them, is extremely important in the way of life that is Islam. in this topic, some of the verses of Quran, and also some of the Hadiths that stress this importance are gathered.

1 - Quran

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour." (Quran 17:23)

"And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small."" (Quran 17:24)

"And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination." (Quran 31:14)

"But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do." (Quran 31:15)

2- Hadith

"Goodness towards (one"s) parents is the greatest obligatory act."

"One who pleases his parents has verily pleased Allah, and one who has angered his parents has verily angered Allah."

"One who is obedient towards his parents and his Lord shall be accommodated in the most exalted of places on the Day of Judgment."

"Travel even for two years to do good to your parents. Journey (even) for one year to establish bonds of kinship (with your relatives)."

"One who desires a long life and an increase in livelihood should exhibit goodness towards his parents and establish bonds of kinship (with his relatives)."

"Be good towards your parents and your children will be good towards you. (And) Look upon the womenfolk of others with purity (in conduct and intention) and your womenfolk will be looked upon with purity."

a person once asked the Messenger of Allah: "What are the rights of the father upon the son?" The Noble Prophet replied: "He should not call his father by name, he should not walk ahead of him, he should not sit until his father has seated himself and he should not do such acts as a result of which people abuse his father."

"The look of a child towards his parents out of love for them is an act of worship."

"Every righteous child who casts a look of mercy and affection upon his parents shall be granted, for every look of his, rewards equivalent to that of an accepted Hajj."

"Being good to them (parents) (which is a verse in Quran) means to accompany them in a good manner and never to wait for them to ask you for what they need."

"There are three things which Allah, the Mighty and the Glorious has not permitted anyone to forsake: returning a trust to its owner, irrespective of whether he is a good person or an evil one; fulfilling one"s promises and covenants, irrespective of whether it has been made to a good person or an evil one; being good and kind towards one"s parents, irrespective of whether they are good or evil."

"Whoever visits the graves of his parents or one of them every Friday, Allah shall forgive his sins and shall regard him to be of those who had been kind to his parents."

https://www.al-islam.org...

There's no reason to care what Muhammad has ordained, we can understand mercy, tolerance and respect far better than he did.
as your history shows ?
like killing tens of millions of Indians and taking their lands?

Like the millions killed in the Islamic Conquests and honor killings today.
as in where? and also prove that honor killing is taught in Islam.

or transporting people to that land and using them and their children and their children's children as slaves ?
As did Muslims. The difference is that the slave trade has been abolished here, while the Islamic slave trade prospers.
Islamic slave trade prospers?!
care to prove?

or dropping nuclear bombs or napalm bombs on civilians?
That's war. Islamic wars have been bloody, as well.
no that's terrorism. prophet Muhammad orders Muslims to never be the ones to attack first, never kill innocent people, never kill women or children or elderly, never torture, never dismember, ...

The Quran actually promotes intolerance, disrespect and hatred towards others. It's a barbaric holy book like so many others.
Toss it in the garbage and free your mind.
the kind of freedom that has allowed you to visit nude beaches frequently (as you've said) and peek on women?
Adults don't talk like that, you are a foolish child.
sane old people don't go to nude beaches to peek on naked women. you're just a pervert old man!
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:32:55 AM
At 7/15/2016 7:28:42 AM, loveymore wrote:
There are surely interesting things,

Yet starting up fights, or inclining to them, if you don't need to, I am not saying who is doing what.

How does one show kindness to his parents, if he act like that? Is it not the opposite?

well they are different things. if someone attacks me, I might forgive him or I might not. but if someone attacks my faith, he'll face my anger and he has to prove his words.
after all I'm protecting my faith against lies and falsification of people who try to demonize Islam. the same faith that tells me to be kind to my parents.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:37:14 AM
Islam is especially kind to one's parents if they become apostates.
Then Islam is the definition of kind.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:31:01 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:32:55 AM, lightseeker wrote:
if someone attacks my faith, he'll face my anger

Exactly, showing that Islam is not a religion of peace.

after all I'm protecting my faith against lies and falsification

No, you're not, you're protecting propaganda and lies.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:38:37 PM

well they are different things. if someone attacks me, I might forgive him or I might not. but if someone attacks my faith, he'll face my anger and he has to prove his words.

Islam is by no stretch of the imagination a religion of peace.
As of late, France has been experiencing just how peaceful Islam really is.

after all I'm protecting my faith against lies and falsification of people who try to demonize Islam. the same faith that tells me to be kind to my parents.

Yes or No, do you think convicted apostates should be killed?
Yes or No, do you think the fatwa against Salman Rushdie was justified?

If you decide to answer honestly, my hunch is that I'll be finding out just how peaceful Islam s really soon.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 12:39:56 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:53:59 AM, lightseeker wrote:
Islam is a religion that stresses the qualities of mercy, tolerance and respect. God has ordained the good treatment of parents and warned us against treating them with disrespect. There are several verses in the Quran where kindness to parents is even coupled with the most important aspect of Islam, worshiping God alone. This indicates that being kind to parents, honoring and respecting them, is extremely important in the way of life that is Islam. in this topic, some of the verses of Quran, and also some of the Hadiths that stress this importance are gathered.

1 - Quran

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour." (Quran 17:23)

"And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small."" (Quran 17:24)

"And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination." (Quran 31:14)

"But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do." (Quran 31:15)

2- Hadith

"One who pleases his parents has verily pleased Allah, and one who has angered his parents has verily angered Allah."

"One who is obedient towards his parents and his Lord shall be accommodated in the most exalted of places on the Day of Judgment."

"Travel even for two years to do good to your parents. Journey (even) for one year to establish bonds of kinship (with your relatives)."

"One who desires a long life and an increase in livelihood should exhibit goodness towards his parents and establish bonds of kinship (with his relatives)."

"Be good towards your parents and your children will be good towards you. (And) Look upon the womenfolk of others with purity (in conduct and intention) and your womenfolk will be looked upon with purity."

a person once asked the Messenger of Allah: "What are the rights of the father upon the son?" The Noble Prophet replied: "He should not call his father by name, he should not walk ahead of him, he should not sit until his father has seated himself and he should not do such acts as a result of which people abuse his father."

"The look of a child towards his parents out of love for them is an act of worship."

"Every righteous child who casts a look of mercy and affection upon his parents shall be granted, for every look of his, rewards equivalent to that of an accepted Hajj."

"Being good to them (parents) (which is a verse in Quran) means to accompany them in a good manner and never to wait for them to ask you for what they need."

"There are three things which Allah, the Mighty and the Glorious has not permitted anyone to forsake: returning a trust to its owner, irrespective of whether he is a good person or an evil one; fulfilling one"s promises and covenants, irrespective of whether it has been made to a good person or an evil one; being good and kind towards one"s parents, irrespective of whether they are good or evil."

"Whoever visits the graves of his parents or one of them every Friday, Allah shall forgive his sins and shall regard him to be of those who had been kind to his parents."

There's no reason to care what Muhammad has ordained, we can understand mercy, tolerance and respect far better than he did.
as your history shows ?

or transporting people to that land and using them and their children and their children's children as slaves ?
As did Muslims. The difference is that the slave trade has been abolished here, while the Islamic slave trade prospers.
care to prove?

no that's terrorism. prophet Muhammad orders Muslims to never be the ones to attack first, never kill innocent people, never kill women or children or elderly, never torture, never dismember, ...

Funny, modern muslim societies seem to have missed these memos.

What counts is what muslims do, not what is in their book.

The Quran actually promotes intolerance, disrespect and hatred towards others. It's a barbaric holy book like so many others.
Toss it in the garbage and free your mind.
the kind of freedom that has allowed you to visit nude beaches frequently (as you've said) and peek on women?
Adults don't talk like that, you are a foolish child.
sane old people don't go to nude beaches to peek on naked women. you're just a pervert old man!
The metaphysicist has no laboratory.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 2:17:43 PM
At 7/15/2016 12:38:37 PM, Omniverse wrote:

who are those who attacked France?

Islam allows complete freedom of thought. not complete freedom of belief.
for example, if you believe that you can teach children that smoking heroine is good, then Islam doesn't allow this. if you believe that worshiping snakes is good, Islam doesn't allow it. if you want to believe in something, and if you want to invite people to your beliefs, you should be able to prove that your beliefs are logical.
also proving apostasy is hard. that's why the sentence isn't carried out in many countries or is carried out scarcely. but if someone who has truly understood Islam, leaves Islam, and can't prove the reason for this action, the sentence is death. for this sentence to be carried out, his apostasy shouldn't be caused by uncertainties, doubts, .... because these can be cleared with explanations.
so if you are a Muslims and have understood Islam, and you want to choose another religion, as long as you haven't declared it, you won't be sentenced. but if you declared it, and couldn't prove the reason behind it, you will be sentenced to death.

it was justified.
Islam has some red lines that can't be crossed. for example, a married man or woman having affair with others, is something that Islam doesn't allow. offending holy figures of Islam, with the intention of misleading the public, is something that Islam doesn't allow. if you can prove something with your words, you're more than welcome to try, but cursing God or the prophet ... is not accepted in Islam. the reason for this, is because our beliefs are very logical. if you think your belief is better, you should first be able to prove it. and Shia clerics always invite clerics of other religions to debate about their beliefs.
though during the life or prophet and Imams. they were very tolerant to people whom cursed them (out of misunderstandings ... ) and treated them with kindness, but those people who were doing these kind of acts to mislead people were treated with severity.

If you decide to answer honestly, my hunch is that I'll be finding out just how peaceful Islam s really soon.

these kind of laws are to protect peace. if you want to change your religion, you shouldn't shout about it. if you do, and you can not prove it logically, and you don't accept logic, you'll face the consequence. because your action would mislead people and divide them and would cause social unrest and would ultimately disrupt the peace and security of the society.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 2:20:28 PM
At 7/15/2016 12:39:56 PM, Looncall wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

as your history shows ?

care to prove?

like which societies? Saudi Arabia for example?
and this topic is about kindness to parents in Islam, not Islam being peaceful or not.
and Islam is not defined with the actions of people. Islam defines the actions of people.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 2:28:51 PM
At 7/15/2016 2:17:43 PM, lightseeker wrote:

for example, if you believe that you can teach children that smoking heroine is good, then Islam doesn't allow this. if you believe that worshiping snakes is good, Islam doesn't allow it. if you want to believe in something, and if you want to invite people to your beliefs, you should be able to prove that your beliefs are logical.
also proving apostasy is hard. that's why the sentence isn't carried out in many countries or is carried out scarcely. but if someone who has truly understood Islam, leaves Islam, and can't prove the reason for this action, the sentence is death. for this sentence to be carried out, his apostasy shouldn't be caused by uncertainties, doubts, .... because these can be cleared with explanations.
so if you are a Muslims and have understood Islam, and you want to choose another religion, as long as you haven't declared it, you won't be sentenced. but if you declared it, and couldn't prove the reason behind it, you will be sentenced to death.

it was justified.
Islam has some red lines that can't be crossed. for example, a married man or woman having affair with others, is something that Islam doesn't allow. offending holy figures of Islam, with the intention of misleading the public, is something that Islam doesn't allow. if you can prove something with your words, you're more than welcome to try, but cursing God or the prophet ... is not accepted in Islam. the reason for this, is because our beliefs are very logical. if you think your belief is better, you should first be able to prove it. and Shia clerics always invite clerics of other religions to debate about their beliefs.
though during the life or prophet and Imams. they were very tolerant to people whom cursed them (out of misunderstandings ... ) and treated them with kindness, but those people who were doing these kind of acts to mislead people were treated with severity.

these kind of laws are to protect peace. if you want to change your religion, you shouldn't shout about it. if you do, and you can not prove it logically, and you don't accept logic, you'll face the consequence. because your action would mislead people and divide them and would cause social unrest and would ultimately disrupt the peace and security of the society.

So convicted apostates should be killed, in your opinion, and Salman Rushdie's fatwa was also entirely justified, and Islam is a religion of peace?!

Insanity. This is insanity and vile repugnant lunacy of the worst kind.

Given that you have just admitted to supporting the efforts to murder Salman Rushdie, I have just blocked you for good. I will not even address someone who endorses cowardly murder, in this case of someone for writing a work of fiction. And then you have the gal to call Islam a religion of peace?!

Please.
What a joke you are.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 3:12:15 PM
At 7/15/2016 2:28:51 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 7/15/2016 2:17:43 PM, lightseeker wrote:

it was justified.

So convicted apostates should be killed, in your opinion, and Salman Rushdie's fatwa was also entirely justified, and Islam is a religion of peace?!

Insanity. This is insanity and vile repugnant lunacy of the worst kind.

Given that you have just admitted to supporting the efforts to murder Salman Rushdie, I have just blocked you for good. I will not even address someone who endorses cowardly murder, in this case of someone for writing a work of fiction. And then you have the gal to call Islam a religion of peace?!

Please.
What a joke you are.

I really don't mind you blocking me. Islam wants a secure environment for thinking. and cursing and offending disrupts security of thought, therefor is banned is Islam. Salman Rushdie started something that if allowed to continue, would heavily affect the free thinking involvement that Islam promotes. you can come to Iran, say that you don't believe in this or that, and then try to prove your claims. our scholars actually invite people to do that. but if someone tries to ridicule our beliefs and disrupt our Intellectual security, then he/she will be treated with severity.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 3:50:09 PM
At 7/15/2016 2:20:28 PM, lightseeker wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

as your history shows ?

care to prove?

and this topic is about kindness to parents in Islam, not Islam being peaceful or not.
and Islam is not defined with the actions of people. Islam defines the actions of people.

Any muslim society you care to mention, especially where torture is concerned.

To non-muslims, behaviour of muslims is what counts. If muslims do not follow items in their book, they might as well not be in it.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 3:59:15 PM

Tolerance? Ther book that says to kill infadels? How tolerant.

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:00:31 PM
At 7/13/2016 7:55:38 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/13/2016 7:37:37 PM, Looncall wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

How about kindness to children, eh? Not much evidence for that under islam (forced marriages, FGM, honour killings, acid thrown on schoolchildren ...).

Sure, after this I will create a topic about kindness to children according to Islam and I will answer your questions there if you'd like.

But in Islam you can't force your daughter to marriage. Its against the rules of Islam. Honour killing and acid throwing is not in Islam and if you think it is you should prove it. And as for fgm, I have to do some research first, but as far as I know that practice existed before Islam and is not actually done is my country. Islam definitely didn't introduce it.

Hitler didn't invent racism, does that mean Nazism isn't racism?
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:13:05 PM
At 7/15/2016 3:50:09 PM, Looncall wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

as your history shows ?

care to prove?

torture?
Islam doesn't allow torture.
if you think it does, you should prove it.
and you shouldn't use poppet governments like Saudi Arabia or groups like ISIS as an example of Islamic societies. their job is to demonize Islam and they're either allies of USA or are supported by allies of USA.
and countries like USA and Israel have the leading edge on torturing systems and methods. it's leaps and bounds ahead of anything that exists in other part of the world.

To non-muslims, behaviour of muslims is what counts. If muslims do not follow items in their book, they might as well not be in it.
right. but you should first find those Muslims.
don't judge Islam by the actions of saudi famili or ISIS or Saddam Hussain or Taliban or Alqaeda. all of these had/have close ties with US.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:16:13 PM
At 7/15/2016 3:59:15 PM, harrytruman wrote:

in which verse? and have you seen the verses before and after that or you've just picked a verse out of the book and you're basing your claim on that?
write those verses here and let's talk about them.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:17:33 PM
At 7/15/2016 4:00:31 PM, harrytruman wrote:
At 7/13/2016 7:55:38 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/13/2016 7:37:37 PM, Looncall wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

How about kindness to children, eh? Not much evidence for that under islam (forced marriages, FGM, honour killings, acid thrown on schoolchildren ...).

Sure, after this I will create a topic about kindness to children according to Islam and I will answer your questions there if you'd like.

But in Islam you can't force your daughter to marriage. Its against the rules of Islam. Honour killing and acid throwing is not in Islam and if you think it is you should prove it. And as for fgm, I have to do some research first, but as far as I know that practice existed before Islam and is not actually done is my country. Islam definitely didn't introduce it.

same can be said about Judaism
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:20:23 PM
At 7/15/2016 4:07:15 PM, bulproof wrote:
You vill respect your parents or ve have vays to make you.
Sieg Heil.

there is no forcing here. no one is gonna prosecute you or send you to jail for not caring about your parents.
but those are your duties, if you don't do them, you'll answer in the day of judgement. and if you have heaven on one side and hell on the other, you'll see how caring your dear parents can be!
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:36:08 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:16:13 PM, lightseeker wrote:

in which verse? and have you seen the verses before and after that or you've just picked a verse out of the book and you're basing your claim on that?

Nothing more is needed.

You justa admitted that convicted apostates should be killed and the fatwa against a fiction author who wrote a novel was entirely justified. Any decent person will take these two admissions and reach for the sickness bag and see you for the poor pathetic and lost human being you have allowed religion to turn yourself into.

The great thing is that the cowardly barbaric goons Iran has sent after Salman Rushdie are not only illiterate and dense as a brick, they are also terribly incompetent. Thank goodness, Salman is alive and kicking, giving out interviews, appearing on TV, etc.

As for Iran, again, a country so depraved as to have teens lashed in public and a novelist sentenced to death by a demented sexagenarian lunatic, now there's a country I wouldn't even dignify by pissing on the urinol at the International airport.

Got that?
Good.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:37:43 PM

Quran (3:56) " "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) " "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:39:07 PM

No, Jews don't practice FGM.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:39:24 PM

No it cant, Jews don't practice FGM.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 5:57:14 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:36:08 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Nothing more is needed.

You justa admitted that convicted apostates should be killed and the fatwa against a fiction author who wrote a novel was entirely justified. Any decent person will take these two admissions and reach for the sickness bag and see you for the poor pathetic and lost human being you have allowed religion to turn yourself into.
I said people who have understood Islam and then decide to leave it without being able to provide a logical reason, are the ones that are considered apostates and therefor will be sentenced.
if you're convinced about another system or religion being better than Islam, that conviction is caused by some sort of reason, right?
if so, you should be able to provide those reasons and explain your decision.

The great thing is that the cowardly barbaric goons Iran has sent after Salman Rushdie are not only illiterate and dense as a brick, they are also terribly incompetent. Thank goodness, Salman is alive and kicking, giving out interviews, appearing on TV, etc.
doesn't matter if he's dead or alive.
that decision and other decisions like it, produce a subtle and peaceful intellectual environment for people who want to find out about the truth.
people are the ones who are the most important, and if you want to deliberately misguide them in any shape or form, you'll face the consequence.

As for Iran, again, a country so depraved as to have teens lashed in public and a novelist sentenced to death by a demented sexagenarian lunatic, now there's a country I wouldn't even dignify by pissing on the urinol at the International airport.
public show of intimacy , or publicly drinking alcohol, will result in lashing. yet Islam doesn't allow anyone to search or disrupt the privacy of people, so you can do pretty much anything privately and not be sentenced for it. but do those things publicly, and you'll face the consequence.

and the reason for this severe punishments is to protect the structure of family and society, and also to protect the freedom of thought.

Got that?
Good.
Looncall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:04:03 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:13:05 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/15/2016 3:50:09 PM, Looncall wrote:

1 - Quran

2- Hadith

Snip

as your history shows ?

care to prove?

torture?
and you shouldn't use poppet governments like Saudi Arabia or groups like ISIS as an example of Islamic societies. their job is to demonize Islam and they're either allies of USA or are supported by allies of USA.
and countries like USA and Israel have the leading edge on torturing systems and methods. it's leaps and bounds ahead of anything that exists in other part of the world.

don't judge Islam by the actions of saudi famili or ISIS or Saddam Hussain or Taliban or Alqaeda. all of these had/have close ties with US.

Oh, yeah, the endless muslim cop-out "blame it all on the US". Don't you lot have any self-respect?

Let's consider Iran, an explicit muslim theocracy (you can't get away with claiming the regime isn't islamic) and which turfed out a US-backed regime (you can't get away with blaming its behaviour on the US).

What we find is an atrocious human rights record that includes pervasive use of torture.

How do you explain that away?
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:12:28 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:37:43 PM, harrytruman wrote:

Quran (3:56) " "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
this is true. yet the verb which is used here, is present. meaning the people who reject faith, are in agony right now, and they'll face agony in the afterlife.

to prove this from Quran:
They ask you to hasten the chastisement upon them although Hell encompasses the unbelievers.

But whosoever turns away from this Admonition from Me shall have a straitened life; We shall raise him blind on the Day of Resurrection,"

so Quran says that their life will strain them, and they'll go to hell in the afterlife.

Quran (3:151) " "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

this is for polytheists. so if you're a polytheist and don't listen to reason, you'll face the punishment of hell.

I think even Judaism accept these. how do you want to prove using these that Islam is not the religion of peace?!
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:13:35 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:39:07 PM, harrytruman wrote:

what is your point?
prove that FGM didn't exist before Islam and Islam introduced it.
lightseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:33:52 PM

care to prove?

torture?

Oh, yeah, the endless muslim cop-out "blame it all on the US". Don't you lot have any self-respect?

Let's consider Iran, an explicit muslim theocracy (you can't get away with claiming the regime isn't islamic) and which turfed out a US-backed regime (you can't get away with blaming its behaviour on the US).

What we find is an atrocious human rights record that includes pervasive use of torture.

How do you explain that away?

if you want logical proof and good answers, you should also be willing to provide logical proof and be able to answer you claims logically.
now claims about Iran's use of torture, if done by an American, is a foolish effort. I mean you guys are and have been using torture all around the world. your torturing methods are years ahead of anything that exists in other parts of the world. you are torture inventors. also your claims about human right is overshadowed by the atrocities you've done during the past couple of centuries. what kind of human right allows you to drop two nuclear bombs on civilians or burn most of the southern Vietnamese villages to the ground? what kind of human right has allowed you to help saddam Hussain with chemical ingredients that are used to create chemical weapons? why are you helping Saudi Arabia?

and I said Islam doesn't allow torture. and if you think we're torturing people in Iran, prove it with facts. also prove that torture exists in Islam.

and Islam is not defined by the actions of a group of people. Islam defines those actions. if they're based on Islam, then those people are acting according to islalm. if they're not, then they're not.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 6:52:09 PM
At 7/15/2016 5:57:14 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/15/2016 5:36:08 PM, Omniverse wrote:

Nothing more is needed.

I said people who have understood Islam and then decide to leave it without being able to provide a logical reason, are the ones that are considered apostates and therefor will be sentenced.

Anyone can change his mind regarding private matters such as religion. He shouldn't have to explain himself to anyone, let alone be murdered because of it. Then you have the absolute nerve to claim Islam is just protecting Freedom of thought.

There is far more religious freedom in the West than in any Islamic country, especially Iran.

if you're convinced about another system or religion being better than Islam, that conviction is caused by some sort of reason, right?

It's none of your business, or anyone's business but the individual's. It's up to him to believe whatever he so chooses.

if so, you should be able to provide those reasons and explain your decision.

He doesn't have to provide squat to a bunch of illiterate religious goons. If it weren't for this law on apostasy, it's safe to assume people would be leaving Islam in far greater numbers than what they do. This is just to pressure, to scare people into not leaving the terrible religion, certainly one of the worst religions ion the world.

doesn't matter if he's dead or alive.

Yes, it matters whether a human being is alive or not, you fool.

that decision and other decisions like it, produce a subtle and peaceful intellectual environment for people who want to find out about the truth.

They attempt to produce fear, you jerk. Thankfully, his book can be freely read anywhere on the West. He's still doing interviews, going about his life. The sick plan hasn't worked. It has also helped to expose Islam for the vicious religion of fear, murder and censorship that it is.

People who want to find the truth can think for themselves. They can make their own mind about it. How? By reading the book, which is a novel, by the way, and then going through the Koran, if they so choose. Of course, they can do this in the West, but not in Iran.

How much better the West is compared to shitty Iran.

people are the ones who are the most important, and if you want to deliberately misguide them in any shape or form, you'll face the consequence.

You imbecile, it's a novel, a work of fiction, you cretin!
But even if it weren't a work of fiction, Rushdie has the write to say whatever he wants about Islam, about the Prophet. An Iranian sexagenarian lunatic doesn't get to call the shots as to whom gets to write what in a country which is not Iran, especially since Salman is not a Muslim.

The West is so much better than shitty Iran. And by this I mean, not the people, but the inane theocracy they've had to suffer through.

Here you are defending the murder of a fiction writer, defending the public lashing of teens, defending the killing of convicted apostates.

You are despicable and pathetic.

public show of intimacy , or publicly drinking alcohol, will result in lashing. yet Islam doesn't allow anyone to search or disrupt the privacy of people, so you can do pretty much anything privately and not be sentenced for it. but do those things publicly, and you'll face the consequence.

It's a country run by barbaric lunatics.

and the reason for this severe punishments is to protect the structure of family and society, and also to protect the freedom of thought.

Freedom of thought in Iran?
To protect freedom of thought you censor other points of view? R
What a cynic you are.
"
The majority of such censorship is implemented or mandated by the Iranian government.
"
The Da Vinci Code, an historical novel, a work of fiction, is banned in Iran.
( https://en.wikipedia.org... )

What a bunch of silly buffoons you have running your country.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 7:19:44 PM
this is true. yet the verb which is used here, is present. meaning the people who reject faith, are in agony right now, and they'll face agony in the afterlife.

to prove this from Quran:
They ask you to hasten the chastisement upon them although Hell encompasses the unbelievers.

But whosoever turns away from this Admonition from Me shall have a straitened life; We shall raise him blind on the Day of Resurrection,"

so Quran says that their life will strain them, and they'll go to hell in the afterlife.

Great you admit it then

this is for polytheists. so if you're a polytheist and don't listen to reason, you'll face the punishment of hell.

I think even Judaism accept these. how do you want to prove using these that Islam is not the religion of peace?!

Our book says to kill Jews who worship other gods, nowhere are we ordered to hunt down idol worshippers in other nasnastions, in Islasm you are
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 7:23:38 PM
At 7/15/2016 6:13:35 PM, lightseeker wrote:
At 7/15/2016 5:39:07 PM, harrytruman wrote:

what is your point?
prove that FGM didn't exist before Islam and Islam introduced it.

I don't have to, Hitler didn't invent racism yet Nazism is racist, Islam didn't invent FGM but it is a part of their ideology

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.