Jump to topic:

Revelation 3:19.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2017 1:41:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
All those for whom I have affection, I reprove and discipline."Rev. 3:19.

The ministry that Jehovah has ordered his son to organise on this earth to bring the "Good News of the Kingdom" to every "Nation, Tribe and Tongue" is a sign of his great love for all of humanity, his son is "reproving and disciplining" the whole earth through that message.

Those who accept the reproof and discipline will enter even further into his father's love.

But is the "Good News of the Kingdom" really good news for all?

No it is not.

Think of the recent American Presidential Election.

Trump's election was good news to those who supported him, but to those who opposed him, throughout the earth it was a disaster, as the extent of eh world wide demonstrations against him, and unprecedented event after any election anywhere, showed.

It is exactly the same with God's Good News.

To those who want real peace and security for all, wherever they live there is no better news, since it means no more sickness, no more death, no more war, no more famine no more drought, anywhere.

For those who want their own way, it is an utter disaster, because there is only one way all the above are achievable.

If you want to know the JWs comment on that you can find it at http://wol.jw.org...
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
tarantula
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2017 2:08:27 PM
At 3/20/2017 1:41:19 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The ministry that Jehovah has ordered his son to organise on this earth to bring the "Good News of the Kingdom" to every "Nation, Tribe and Tongue" is a sign of his great love for all of humanity, his son is "reproving and disciplining" the whole earth through that message.

Those who accept the reproof and discipline will enter even further into his father's love.

No it is not.

Trump's election was good news to those who supported him, but to those who opposed him, throughout the earth it was a disaster, as the extent of eh world wide demonstrations against him, and unprecedented event after any election anywhere, showed.

To those who want real peace and security for all, wherever they live there is no better news, since it means no more sickness, no more death, no more war, no more famine no more drought, anywhere.

For those who want their own way, it is an utter disaster, because there is only one way all the above are achievable.

If you want to know the JWs comment on that you can find it at http://wol.jw.org...

That verse in the fantasy book of Revelation doesn't say anything good about the god of the Bible. Its punishment are completely OTT, the work of an evil psychopath.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2017 2:13:24 PM

The good news that the kingdom of Jesus Christ had been established was broadcast "to the whole world" back nearly 2,000 years ago. Thus, it is not really a sign that Christ is "reproving and disciplining" today at all.

You habitually present a very materialistic view of the kingdom of Christ. With you, it's all about camping out here on earth watching lions and lamb graze together.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2017 4:59:29 PM

No it is not.

Is it accurate to say you are in a period of reprove and discipline?
Can you list what you are reproved for and what the discipline is or correct the list?

For example serial adultery . Reprove.
Four divorces. Reprove
Abandonment of your 3 children. Reprove.
Seeking sexually immoral Filipino unwed mothers with children. Reprove.
Disfellowshipped and shunning by your church is a disciplinary action. Discipline.
Underdeveloped brain. Discipline.
Failing physical, mental and financial health. Discipline.
Being dumped by Filipino,women......Discipline.
Forced to live alone at 68 with a dog. Discipline..
Dumped by Filipino women. Discipline.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2017 7:59:14 PM
At 3/20/2017 2:08:27 PM, tarantula wrote:

No it is not.

That verse in the fantasy book of Revelation doesn't say anything good about the god of the Bible. Its punishment are completely OTT, the work of an evil psychopath.

The only punishment in Revelation is death, oblivion. Since you cannot torment the dead, and since also at the same time all the dead are act into the lake of fire, so is death, the grave (Hell Sheol, Hades) that shows that the phrase "eternal torment" can only be a figure of spec, not literal.

Not one person who dies will not deserve to.

If you wish to believe differently fine, that's your loss not God's or mine, it is yourself, and possibly your family you are condemning, no-one else.
It impossible to make a horse drink which is not thirsty, or eat if it is not hungry.

Likewise it is impossible to teach a person who does not wish to learn. Matthew 13:15.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2017 8:22:04 PM
At 3/20/2017 2:13:24 PM, annanicole wrote:

The good news that the kingdom of Jesus Christ had been established was broadcast "to the whole world" back nearly 2,000 years ago. Thus, it is not really a sign that Christ is "reproving and disciplining" today at all.

You habitually present a very materialistic view of the kingdom of Christ. With you, it's all about camping out here on earth watching lions and lamb graze together.

As it is with God and Christ.

That is what he planned in teh first place, and despite Satan's intervention that is what he will have.

And it is not a materialistic view of Christ.

Christ is not physical he is a spirit as he was before he came to earth.

Jehovah's Kingdom, whether under his son, Christ, or afterwards will not be in heaven it will be as it is now, in heaven.

It is you who has the physical person's (materialistic) view of things insisting against all the evidence that Christ was resurrected in the flesh rather than as a spirit as scripture not only tells us but shows us.

Why do you not believe that Jehovah will get what he originally planned, before Satan stepped in? Do you not believe he is capable of beating Satan?

Oh you of so little faith.

No wonder you show more faith in your false, human doctrine than you do in what the Bible teaches.

Psalm 37:11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

Psalm 115:16 As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah,
But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

Isaiah 45:18 For this is what Jehovah says,
The Creator of the heavens, the true God,
The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it,
Who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited:
"I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

The earth is mankind's home, it always was, always will be, and again you show how ignorant of scripture you are.

This level of ignorance is what you get for ignoring the part of scripture that Christ and the Apostles taught from. How can you hope to understand their teachings if you don't learn about where they came from?

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2017 3:56:27 AM
At 3/21/2017 8:22:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/20/2017 2:13:24 PM, annanicole wrote:

As it is with God and Christ.

That is what he planned in teh first place, and despite Satan's intervention that is what he will have.

And it is not a materialistic view of Christ.

It is a materialistic view, period.

Christ is not physical he is a spirit as he was before he came to earth.

Jehovah's Kingdom, whether under his son, Christ, or afterwards will not be in heaven it will be as it is now, in heaven.

It'll be in heaven when the Son presents His kingdom to the Father.

It is you who has the physical person's (materialistic) view of things insisting against all the evidence that Christ was resurrected in the flesh rather than as a spirit as scripture not only tells us but shows us.

I didn't say that Christ was resurrected in the flesh. I said that His body was resurrected in some changed form - changed from a natural body to a spiritual body, a corruptible body to an incorruptible. As to precisely what these changes are, no one knows.

Psalm 37:11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

The passage does not say nor teach your doctrine. It is repeated in the Beatitudes with a view towards Pentecost and the spread of Christianity.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2017 5:32:17 AM
At 3/21/2017 7:59:14 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

the phrase "eternal torment" can only be a figure of spec, not literal.
So once again mad has to tell hoovah that he doesn't know what he's fuking talking about. How dare hoovah disagree with mad, the cheek of him. I'm sure you've put him in his place yet again mad.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2017 5:56:08 AM
Comparing Trump to God. There goes my appetite.
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2017 3:03:50 PM

No it is not.

What goes through your mind when you read:" My parents never disciplined me in anger or without explaining why I was being disciplined," says Elaine, a sister in South Africa. "As a result, I felt secure. I knew my boundaries, and I understood what was required of me."

You said your parents gave you up for adoption when they found out you were retarded. Your adopted father had you diagnosed to confirm he was stuck with an idiot.
You confessed about the damage your life long mental illness has caused.

You wrote:" I am a lifetime depressive and have fought the problem throughout my life. It has cost me numerous jobs, 4 marriages, including two to the same woman, the mother of my children and worst and most painful of all, the love of and contact with my three sons. The last one threatens daily to push me back into the pit of despair every day of the last 20+ years since I last had contact with any of them, and is far too high a price to pay simply for being ill and supported in my illness."

How are you applying Rev 3:19 when you don't have anyone to reprove or discipline because at 68 your life long problems forced you to live alone?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.