Total Posts:83|Showing Posts:61-83|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jews Torture Anmals

tvellalott
Posts: 10,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:29:11 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:23:53 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:18:45 PM, annhasle wrote:
@ nonentity

I'm pretty sure he's referring to looks like mine where the make-up is... very noticeable. Even your look with "all the works" is quite neutral compared to my every day look. :P

But you're very pretty. ^_^

Thanks... I haven't seen what you look like with neutral make up though so I don't know... but I might be inclined to agree because I prefer the neutral look as well. I just thought he meant au naturel :p

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

I don't remember ET being hot...
Might have to watch it again with the ol' hand lotion handy. (pun intended)
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:30:45 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

(The thread was already derailed before I came along, right?)

PICS!
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:30:56 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
In porn, you see, women who wear lots of makeup and are being degraded in the course of the scene are typically crying. Perhaps from the effort of suppressing the gag reflex, I do not know, but the crying makes the makeup smear and run off. They are therefore, in the context of suspended disbelief, being suitably punished at least in part for the sin of having marred their faces with makeup, and their appearance (and, of course, compliance) is improving in the course of the scene, i.e., the punishment is accomplishing something.

I find this immensely amusing. First of all, the idea that "marring" their faces with make-up is a sin is an odd turn-of-phrase coming from you, Ragnar.
Suspension of disbelief. Aided by blood being in a different place than my brain. It is not, of course, my actual belief, especially while in full possession of my faculties. ^_^.

Secondly, the idea that make-up is only allowed in the fictional worlds -- the stage, movies, etc. -- is also odd.
It's "Allowed" everywhere, the fictional worlds give it PURPOSE. Fiction is enhanced by CONFLICT. Things that would be bad are good on stage at times, it gives the protagonist something to overcome. ^_^.

And lastly, is your indignation only focused on the make-up or do you find the other... actions a porn star commits also repugnant?
I'm not sure if I'd call it "indignation," but generally the actress having been disobedient has the same effect within the context of suspension of disbelief (though IRL I would approve of such disobedience, unlike my personal disapproval of makeup. ^_^).

Why do I disapprove or why do I lack the suspension of disbelief or why is suspension of disbelief relevant?

Answer please.
You wish to know why I disapprove of the degradation of women qua women when not under the influence of suspension of disbelief? Umm, wouldn't the burden of proof for "Women qua women should be degraded" be on the affirmative? Find an argument for it and I'll tell you why I won't buy it, all I can say in the absence of that is that there is no good reason? ^_^

But back on topic... What about make-up makes someone less attractive?
What is your favorite color?

Now, tell me, WHY is that your favorite color?

Why do you like the foods you do?

?????

Aesthetics is something I have limited ability to analyze. I can say more clearly than a lot of people WHAT I like, analyze some of the things I like ABOUT more complex things, but something apparently simple like the effects makeup has on a woman's face is simply irreducible. Some aesthetic preferences can be described in terms of other aesthetic preferences, but at some point, you run out of answers, at least in the sense of visual aesthetics.

A woman is very rarely content with her natural look.
Yet I very frequently am content with their natural look. Their preferences, morally speaking, rule what happens, but that doesn't alter the fact that my preferences exist. ^_^

I really don't see the reason why make-up would be a "sinful" act to you...
SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF.

Do you ALWAYS root for the movie character who best fits with your actual moral values? or worse yet, whose actor does outside the film? :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:32:43 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:21:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:17:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I do in fact prefer the third photo, despite the fact that I normally prefer hair down. Of course, science tells us that doesn't mean anything since you didn't follow the instructions and make it a blind test. But that's your fault, not mine. ^_^

Whoops. It would have been obvious, anyway lol

if so, that would contradict your claim that "most guys who say they like the natural look don't really know what they're talking about." ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:38:42 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:30:45 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

(The thread was already derailed before I came along, right?)

PICS!

The affects on your psychological being would be to severe -- I can't risk it. Just believe me, my "natural look" ain't good. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:39:39 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:32:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:21:44 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:17:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I do in fact prefer the third photo, despite the fact that I normally prefer hair down. Of course, science tells us that doesn't mean anything since you didn't follow the instructions and make it a blind test. But that's your fault, not mine. ^_^

Whoops. It would have been obvious, anyway lol

if so, that would contradict your claim that "most guys who say they like the natural look don't really know what they're talking about." ^_^

Well, that's because you've got a direct comparison. Like I said, most guys don't see me looking like the third picture o_O So, as far as they know, the second picture IS my "natural" look. I went to work once without wearing any make up and a guy I work with said "You look tired". That's all he noticed. Not that I wasn't wearing make up, just that I looked different.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:41:26 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
hmm, skipped something I perhaps shouldn't have

Foundation keeps the skin from looking blotchy and uneven.
Unless you're talking about acne, I've never noticed skin looking "Blotchy and uneven." I do notice it shining like hell with some kinds of makeup, or looking like goo with the worst kinds and a close look. ^_^

Mascara draws attention to the eyes by defining them.
It creates great big insectlike spikes out of eyelashes. ^_^

Eye-liner is a statement (which I like :P) which also helps definition. Eyeshadow is a way to have fun and enhance at the same time
Fun? perhaps. I've never seen any enhancement to them. I want any definition in the eyes to come from what someone is doing with the eyes, i.e. to be in the eyes, not to have the eyes be hollowed out space bordered by definition, which is the effect eyeliner often seems to lean towards in my view. What sort of "Statement" is eyeliner?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:43:31 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:38:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:30:45 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

(The thread was already derailed before I came along, right?)

PICS!

The affects on your psychological being would be to severe -- I can't risk it. Just believe me, my "natural look" ain't good. :)

Hmm well I got askbob on you and searched you on Facebook... I'm not even sure it's you, but you're blond in a group photo and wearing little make up and it's very pretty. Yah and another one where you're blond and with some other people wearing a black dress.

I vote that you dye your hair blond and stop wearing make up. Definitely gorgeous.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:46:33 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:38:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:30:45 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

(The thread was already derailed before I came along, right?)

PICS!

The affects on your psychological being would be to severe -- I can't risk it. Just believe me, my "natural look" ain't good. :)

Nonentity seemed to think the same thing, yet it didn't have effects contradicting my statement. ^_^

Well, that's because you've got a direct comparison. Like I said, most guys don't see me looking like the third picture o_O So, as far as they know, the second picture IS my "natural" look. I went to work once without wearing any make up and a guy I work with said "You look tired".
"You look like you've been working, thinking, acting, ****ing!" Your third picture did look tired, in a sense-- the tire of honest, conscious effort, of not having to hide anything from anyone. The others didn't look energetic you know, they just looked-- bland. Honest exertion and its aftermath is a good thing to see.

Of course, is this a guy who ever claimed to not prefer makeup? ^_^
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:49:29 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:30:56 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
In porn, you see, women who wear lots of makeup and are being degraded in the course of the scene are typically crying. Perhaps from the effort of suppressing the gag reflex, I do not know, but the crying makes the makeup smear and run off. They are therefore, in the context of suspended disbelief, being suitably punished at least in part for the sin of having marred their faces with makeup, and their appearance (and, of course, compliance) is improving in the course of the scene, i.e., the punishment is accomplishing something.

I find this immensely amusing. First of all, the idea that "marring" their faces with make-up is a sin is an odd turn-of-phrase coming from you, Ragnar.
Suspension of disbelief. Aided by blood being in a different place than my brain. It is not, of course, my actual belief, especially while in full possession of my faculties. ^_^.

Lol. Okay...

Secondly, the idea that make-up is only allowed in the fictional worlds -- the stage, movies, etc. -- is also odd.
It's "Allowed" everywhere, the fictional worlds give it PURPOSE. Fiction is enhanced by CONFLICT. Things that would be bad are good on stage at times, it gives the protagonist something to overcome. ^_^.

Make-up has purpose off of the stage as well. Its meant to enhance a woman's beauty and confidence -- isn't the useful?

And lastly, is your indignation only focused on the make-up or do you find the other... actions a porn star commits also repugnant?
I'm not sure if I'd call it "indignation," but generally the actress having been disobedient has the same effect within the context of suspension of disbelief (though IRL I would approve of such disobedience, unlike my personal disapproval of makeup. ^_^).

Alright -- I'm still let wondering what your justification for your "eww makeup" stance is but that is at the end... Let's see. ^_^

Why do I disapprove or why do I lack the suspension of disbelief or why is suspension of disbelief relevant?

Answer please.
You wish to know why I disapprove of the degradation of women qua women when not under the influence of suspension of disbelief? Umm, wouldn't the burden of proof for "Women qua women should be degraded" be on the affirmative? Find an argument for it and I'll tell you why I won't buy it, all I can say in the absence of that is that there is no good reason? ^_^

You see it as degradation -- I see it as enhancement. We can go around in circles all day but you still need to justify how make-up is degrading outside of the "fictional sphere" like a stage. I've given reasons why it is enhancing.


But back on topic... What about make-up makes someone less attractive?
What is your favorite color?

Black.

Now, tell me, WHY is that your favorite color?

Because it is all of the colors in one. It is sliming. I'm usually out at night and I like blending in and not attracting attention. I look good in black? Umm... I could go on but that should suffice.

Why do you like the foods you do?

Their taste.

?????

.....

Aesthetics is something I have limited ability to analyze. I can say more clearly than a lot of people WHAT I like, analyze some of the things I like ABOUT more complex things, but something apparently simple like the effects makeup has on a woman's face is simply irreducible. Some aesthetic preferences can be described in terms of other aesthetic preferences, but at some point, you run out of answers, at least in the sense of visual aesthetics.

You have yet to give a reason why make-up is aesthetically nauseating to you! You've merely made the assertion that it is degrading when off the stage and that is has no purpose when not used in the "suspension of disbelief". I've negated the latter but am waiting for the justification of the former.


A woman is very rarely content with her natural look.
Yet I very frequently am content with their natural look. Their preferences, morally speaking, rule what happens, but that doesn't alter the fact that my preferences exist. ^_^

And we're back at this -- can you explain why your preference is: natural > make-up

I really don't see the reason why make-up would be a "sinful" act to you...
SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF.

Yeah, yeah. I'm talking about OFF the stage and in RL.

Do you ALWAYS root for the movie character who best fits with your actual moral values?

I don't have any morals or values. ^_^

or worse yet, whose actor does outside the film? :P

I wouldn't care either way.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:54:40 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:41:26 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
hmm, skipped something I perhaps shouldn't have

You should start addressing every statement instead of picking and choosing. :P

Foundation keeps the skin from looking blotchy and uneven.
Unless you're talking about acne, I've never noticed skin looking "Blotchy and uneven." I do notice it shining like hell with some kinds of makeup, or looking like goo with the worst kinds and a close look. ^_^

Uneven skin tone -- in the T-zone on a girl's face, it can start to look red or pink while her cheeks will be pale. By using foundation, it keeps it pale which is infinitely more attractive.

Mascara draws attention to the eyes by defining them.
It creates great big insectlike spikes out of eyelashes. ^_^

Hey, I like the spikes!

Eye-liner is a statement (which I like :P) which also helps definition. Eyeshadow is a way to have fun and enhance at the same time
Fun? perhaps. I've never seen any enhancement to them. I want any definition in the eyes to come from what someone is doing with the eyes, i.e. to be in the eyes, not to have the eyes be hollowed out space bordered by definition, which is the effect eyeliner often seems to lean towards in my view. What sort of "Statement" is eyeliner?

It brings the attention TO the eye so your eyes stand out more. For example, I have pretty big blue eyes -- eyeliner makes them even more BAM. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2011 11:56:23 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/29/2011 11:43:31 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:38:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:30:45 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 3/29/2011 11:27:15 PM, annhasle wrote:

Nah, I look like ET without make-up. No one should see that. Ever. xD

(The thread was already derailed before I came along, right?)

PICS!

The affects on your psychological being would be to severe -- I can't risk it. Just believe me, my "natural look" ain't good. :)

Hmm well I got askbob on you and searched you on Facebook... I'm not even sure it's you, but you're blond in a group photo and wearing little make up and it's very pretty. Yah and another one where you're blond and with some other people wearing a black dress.

LOL. Ya'll are creepy sometimes, you know that?

I vote that you dye your hair blond and stop wearing make up. Definitely gorgeous.

Never gonna happen. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 12:39:40 AM
Posted: 9 years ago

Secondly, the idea that make-up is only allowed in the fictional worlds -- the stage, movies, etc. -- is also odd.
It's "Allowed" everywhere, the fictional worlds give it PURPOSE. Fiction is enhanced by CONFLICT. Things that would be bad are good on stage at times, it gives the protagonist something to overcome. ^_^.

Make-up has purpose off of the stage as well. Its meant to enhance a woman's beauty and confidence -- isn't the useful?
But you see, I don't find that it enhances her beauty. INTENT is not useful if it is not effective. As for her confidence, that's none of my business. It has purpose perhaps, but not any I'm concerned with.

You see it as degradation -- I see it as enhancement
You're confused, the degradation in this sentence is the generalized degradation to which a porn actress is subjected-- being called a slut, slapped around, told to make a damn sandwich.... all well and good in porn/roleplay or in humor, otherwise I disapprove. As I said, makeup is not degradation outside the context of suspension of disbelief. It might disattract, but that's a different issue.

Because it is all of the colors in one.
Is your favorite food all of the foods in one?

It is sliming.
Wat.

Why do you like the foods you do?

Their taste.
That's providing a word to a percept, not showing the percept to be anything other than a percept, to be other than irreducible.

Aesthetics is something I have limited ability to analyze. I can say more clearly than a lot of people WHAT I like, analyze some of the things I like ABOUT more complex things, but something apparently simple like the effects makeup has on a woman's face is simply irreducible. Some aesthetic preferences can be described in terms of other aesthetic preferences, but at some point, you run out of answers, at least in the sense of visual aesthetics.

You have yet to give a reason why make-up is aesthetically nauseating to you!
At some point, aesthetics, by its nature, runs out of reasons.


I really don't see the reason why make-up would be a "sinful" act to you...
SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF.

Yeah, yeah. I'm talking about OFF the stage and in RL.
It's not a sinful act off the stage. Off the stage I simply don't like how it looks. ^_^.


Do you ALWAYS root for the movie character who best fits with your actual moral values?

I don't have any morals or values. ^_^
Political views, personal preferences, wtf ever. You know damn well if you didn't have any values in the sense I use the term you wouldn't speak, or eat, or live. ^_^.

You should start addressing every statement instead of picking and choosing.
Some are redundant.

Also, there are 413,952 posts on this forum, many of which have dozens of statements.

Uneven skin tone -- in the T-zone on a girl's face, it can start to look red or pink while her cheeks will be pale.
Visual example, I'll tell you whether it detracts. Also, do you like autotuning?

Hey, I like the spikes!
Yes, well, I don't. ^_^.

It brings the attention TO the eye so your eyes stand out more. For example, I have pretty big blue eyes -- eyeliner makes them even more BAM. :P
When I look at your avatar pic right now, your eyes are the last thing I look at. When I do look closely at them, the manner in which you glance at the camera is striking, but the eyeliner makes it so I have to consciously focus to notice that. I for one would notice sooner without the eyeliner. Also, I can't even tell your eye color from the pic :P.

(The first thing I look at in that pic is your neck).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 1:16:11 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/30/2011 12:39:40 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Make-up has purpose off of the stage as well. Its meant to enhance a woman's beauty and confidence -- isn't the useful?
But you see, I don't find that it enhances her beauty. INTENT is not useful if it is not effective.

That's where this boils down to personal evaluations. I've given reasons as to how it enhances. Now its your turn -- how does it degrade?

As for her confidence, that's none of my business. It has purpose perhaps, but not any I'm concerned with.

You say it has purpose on stage and not off -- I give another reason why it has purpose. I could care less if you are concerned with it... There's the purpose, regardless of your apathetic stance.

You see it as degradation -- I see it as enhancement
You're confused, the degradation in this sentence is the generalized degradation to which a porn actress is subjected-- being called a slut, slapped around, told to make a damn sandwich.... all well and good in porn/roleplay or in humor, otherwise I disapprove. As I said, makeup is not degradation outside the context of suspension of disbelief. It might disattract, but that's a different issue.

I'm focused on the "disattract" then and we can forget about the degradation. How does makeup detract from ones beauty?

Because it is all of the colors in one.
Is your favorite food all of the foods in one?

No -- I'm not focused on foods though. We're talking about the color/shade black.

It is sliming.
Wat.

It slims the body.

Why do you like the foods you do?

Their taste.
That's providing a word to a percept, not showing the percept to be anything other than a percept, to be other than irreducible.

Yeah, yeah. Taste is relative -- but I can still give justification. I like German food because it is filling, hearty and the perfect balance of flavors. The cabbage is acidic and perfect when paired with sausage which is then further enhanced by the richness of potatoes. I could go on but you get it. Even "taste" can have reasons. Something you have been shying away from in regards to make-up.

Aesthetics is something I have limited ability to analyze. I can say more clearly than a lot of people WHAT I like, analyze some of the things I like ABOUT more complex things, but something apparently simple like the effects makeup has on a woman's face is simply irreducible. Some aesthetic preferences can be described in terms of other aesthetic preferences, but at some point, you run out of answers, at least in the sense of visual aesthetics.

You have yet to give a reason why make-up is aesthetically nauseating to you!
At some point, aesthetics, by its nature, runs out of reasons.

You haven't given even one and you've already run out?


I really don't see the reason why make-up would be a "sinful" act to you...
SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF.

Yeah, yeah. I'm talking about OFF the stage and in RL.
It's not a sinful act off the stage. Off the stage I simply don't like how it looks. ^_^.

Because....?


Do you ALWAYS root for the movie character who best fits with your actual moral values?

I don't have any morals or values. ^_^
Political views, personal preferences, wtf ever. You know damn well if you didn't have any values in the sense I use the term you wouldn't speak, or eat, or live. ^_^.

Lol, we'll save that debate for another time. :P

You should start addressing every statement instead of picking and choosing.
Some are redundant.

And most, if not all, are worth addressing.

Also, there are 413,952 posts on this forum, many of which have dozens of statements.

I'm talking about our conversation. I don't give a flying fvck about the others. :)

Uneven skin tone -- in the T-zone on a girl's face, it can start to look red or pink while her cheeks will be pale.
Visual example, I'll tell you whether it detracts. Also, do you like autotuning?

http://www.google.com...

Autotuning? Hell no. But once again, we're talking about skin and not music, Ragnar.

Hey, I like the spikes!
Yes, well, I don't. ^_^.

What do you have against spikes? :/

It brings the attention TO the eye so your eyes stand out more. For example, I have pretty big blue eyes -- eyeliner makes them even more BAM. :P
When I look at your avatar pic right now, your eyes are the last thing I look at. When I do look closely at them, the manner in which you glance at the camera is striking, but the eyeliner makes it so I have to consciously focus to notice that. I for one would notice sooner without the eyeliner. Also, I can't even tell your eye color from the pic :P.

What do you look at first here: http://www.debate.org... ?

I would guess my eyes since they're so fvcking huge. :P

(The first thing I look at in that pic is your neck).

You are an odd person, my friend.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 1:39:37 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
Yeah, yeah. Taste is relative -- but I can still give justification. I like German food because it is filling, hearty and the perfect balance of flavors.
That's not justification. Feces is doubtless filling/hearty, and saying something is "the perfect balance of flavors" isn't substantially different from saying you like it in the first place.

You haven't given even one and you've already run out?
Actually, I gave a few steps in the thing I mentioned earlier.

Also, there are 413,952 posts on this forum, many of which have dozens of statements.

I'm talking about our conversation. I don't give a flying fvck about the others. :)
On what grounds should I distinguish?


Uneven skin tone -- in the T-zone on a girl's face, it can start to look red or pink while her cheeks will be pale.
Visual example, I'll tell you whether it detracts. Also, do you like autotuning?

http://www.google.com...
A woman who has just undergone plastic surgery isn't much of an example, but I still prefer (barely) the before pic (which for some reason seems to have mascara?)


Autotuning? Hell no. But once again, we're talking about skin and not music, Ragnar.
You claim that aesthetics should be subject to reasons. If so, then they should also be subject to analogies. Foundation is to the skin, as autotuning is to music, they both exist to create a more uniform, less "blemished" appearance/sound.


Hey, I like the spikes!
Yes, well, I don't. ^_^.

What do you have against spikes? :/
Eyelash spikes? Something similar in kind though not in scale to what I have against cockroaches.

It brings the attention TO the eye so your eyes stand out more. For example, I have pretty big blue eyes -- eyeliner makes them even more BAM. :P
When I look at your avatar pic right now, your eyes are the last thing I look at. When I do look closely at them, the manner in which you glance at the camera is striking, but the eyeliner makes it so I have to consciously focus to notice that. I for one would notice sooner without the eyeliner. Also, I can't even tell your eye color from the pic :P.

What do you look at first here: http://www.debate.org... ?
That's your avatar pic, I told you, your neck. ^_^

(although when I clicked it, due to the large size and DDO's format, I had to scroll my browser, because when it first showed on screen there was nothing but eye level-- but there's a difference between what one sees first and what one looks at first. ^_^

(The first thing I look at in that pic is your neck).

You are an odd person, my friend.
What's wrong with looking at a neck? Eminently nommable among other things.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2011 1:41:27 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
but I still prefer (barely) the before pic
To further explain: The after pic looks like goddamn wax, not like a person.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 11:34:57 AM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/30/2011 1:41:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
but I still prefer (barely) the before pic
To further explain: The after pic looks like goddamn wax, not like a person.

Hey R_R, if you want to flirt with annehasle, why don't you PM her?

I was hoping to read more comments about anti-Semitism and racism but you completely killed the thread by using it to try and chat up a beautiful and charming young woman.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,305
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:34:39 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 4/1/2011 11:34:57 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 3/30/2011 1:41:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
but I still prefer (barely) the before pic
To further explain: The after pic looks like goddamn wax, not like a person.

Hey R_R, if you want to flirt with annehasle, why don't you PM her?

I was hoping to read more comments about anti-Semitism and racism but you completely killed the thread by using it to try and chat up a beautiful and charming young woman.

If you want to complain about flirting, why quote something I said that had nothing to do with flirting? ^_^

And this is DDO, on topic doesn't exist.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2011 3:42:00 PM
Posted: 9 years ago
At 3/30/2011 1:41:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
but I still prefer (barely) the before pic
To further explain: The after pic looks like goddamn wax, not like a person.

I'd understand if you preferred the minimal make up to the lots of make up. I just can't understand preferring no make up to minimal make up :p
Eloher
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 6:23:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/26/2011 11:56:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
yer an anti-semite

and racist

Actually, the term anti-semite was coined by none other than the Jews to define the prejudice towards them. Semites include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Maltese etc. Seeing as Ashkenazi haplogroups indicate a mixed population of converts consisting of various steppe nomads and European populations, calling them Semites makes you both uneducated and retarded.

Also, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Both 'insults' you threw into this forum without a logical argument have been discredited. Maybe you should delete your comment and try again.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 7:25:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/22/2013 6:23:01 PM, Eloher wrote:
At 3/26/2011 11:56:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
yer an anti-semite

and racist


Actually, the term anti-semite was coined by none other than the Jews to define the prejudice towards them. Semites include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Maltese etc. Seeing as Ashkenazi haplogroups indicate a mixed population of converts consisting of various steppe nomads and European populations, calling them Semites makes you both uneducated and retarded.

Also, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Both 'insults' you threw into this forum without a logical argument have been discredited. Maybe you should delete your comment and try again.

*rolls eyes* Actually, it is usually attributed to Wilhelm Marr. Who was anti-Semetic for much of his life. And coined the term to describe his views.

Oh, and the reason he called a person named 'racist' racist? Possibly because his name was... *drumroll* racist!
Eloher
Posts: 22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 3:21:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/22/2013 7:25:06 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 3/22/2013 6:23:01 PM, Eloher wrote:
At 3/26/2011 11:56:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
yer an anti-semite

and racist


Actually, the term anti-semite was coined by none other than the Jews to define the prejudice towards them. Semites include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Maltese etc. Seeing as Ashkenazi haplogroups indicate a mixed population of converts consisting of various steppe nomads and European populations, calling them Semites makes you both uneducated and retarded.

Also, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Both 'insults' you threw into this forum without a logical argument have been discredited. Maybe you should delete your comment and try again.

*rolls eyes* Actually, it is usually attributed to Wilhelm Marr. Who was anti-Semetic for much of his life. And coined the term to describe his views.

Oh, and the reason he called a person named 'racist' racist? Possibly because his name was... *drumroll* racist!

Yes, I know about Wilhelm Marr. He was a communist and was affiliated with the Jewish community.
If he truly was an 'anti-semite' he definitely would not have coined a term with the word 'semite' in it to describe the Jews. This would justify their origin to their 'homeland' which contradicts the beliefs of a true 'anti-semite'.

The name of the person is irrelevant. The thread wasn't racist.
And judging by their lack of knowledge, if the name was anything else, they would have made the same comment.
Because to an idiot being anti Jew is racist.
I've seen it many times and i'll continue to see it as long you retarded people live.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 5:00:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 3/23/2013 3:21:43 AM, Eloher wrote:
At 3/22/2013 7:25:06 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 3/22/2013 6:23:01 PM, Eloher wrote:
At 3/26/2011 11:56:56 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
yer an anti-semite

and racist


Actually, the term anti-semite was coined by none other than the Jews to define the prejudice towards them. Semites include Arabs, Akkadians, Canaanites, Maltese etc. Seeing as Ashkenazi haplogroups indicate a mixed population of converts consisting of various steppe nomads and European populations, calling them Semites makes you both uneducated and retarded.

Also, Judaism is a religion, not a race.

Both 'insults' you threw into this forum without a logical argument have been discredited. Maybe you should delete your comment and try again.

*rolls eyes* Actually, it is usually attributed to Wilhelm Marr. Who was anti-Semetic for much of his life. And coined the term to describe his views.

Oh, and the reason he called a person named 'racist' racist? Possibly because his name was... *drumroll* racist!

Yes, I know about Wilhelm Marr. He was a communist and was affiliated with the Jewish community.
If he truly was an 'anti-semite' he definitely would not have coined a term with the word 'semite' in it to describe the Jews. This would justify their origin to their 'homeland' which contradicts the beliefs of a true 'anti-semite'.

The name of the person is irrelevant. The thread wasn't racist.
And judging by their lack of knowledge, if the name was anything else, they would have made the same comment.
Because to an idiot being anti Jew is racist.
I've seen it many times and i'll continue to see it as long you retarded people live.

Except that during that period, anti-Semitism was justified by arguing that Semetics were inferior. Jews were considered Semetics. Hitler used similar 'Jew=race' logic when conducting the Holocaust. And communists are not automatically Jews. He was also an anarchist.

Secondly, you assume that being 'Semetic' gives someone a right to live in Israel. That doesn't necessarily follow.

Besides, is it really so hard to imagine that someone with the name 'racist' might have been making racist comments at the time?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.